Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-02, 05:13

Plan: my own
Stats: 164/125/125 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Doodle's daring to do it diary

YES! Day one done... my arms feel like they are in some strange dream-like state. Heavy and light all at once.
I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed that, even though I was kinda all over the place, the book was in front of me the whole time so I could study the various exercises, i found that breathing properly really helped. In fact the whole feeling of structure was wonderful... I even managed to finish up (almost) within time!
I really can't type right now, my arms feel sooo strange, but I think this program is a keeper! Roll on tuesday!
Doods.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-02, 06:37

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:

WTG, Doods! That very first workout is something special, isn't it? Be prepared for some good old soreness as the day progresses - it will probably hit full force tomorrow. Stretching will help, as will glutamine if you have any.

Nat
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-02, 10:48

BF:

Ugh, my arms HURT. ACHEY ACHEY ACHEY.
I have L-Glutamine, but in caplet form, 500 mg. How much should I take? and when? do I need to buy the powder? Can I put that in a shake?
oh, I'm tired.
snore.
D.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-02, 10:54

BF:

aha. Just read the "how much glutamine?" thread. Ignore me. I am an eejit.
Doods
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-02, 11:39

Plan: SBD + Exercise
Stats: 218/211/135 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Smile Hi Doods!!

I here what your saying about the strange feeling in the arms. I have tall tumblers for drinking water out of and thinking I may need a straw - wouldn't want muscle failure to happen and drop the glass

I'm proud of you for starting a journal. (seems you weren't sure last time we chatted) I'm looking forward to looking back and seeing the progress we are going to make. DH and I even started small binders to keep our BFL sheets in, (downloaded from the link Nat proviedes-thanks Nat) and made a caricature cover sheet for the front of them.

I hope your glutamine kicks in soon for ya! Have a great day!!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-02, 11:57
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

You never knew it could hurt to just brush your teeth, didja? But what fun!!!

Congrats Doodle..... and get your 8 hrs tonight!!!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-02, 14:07

BF:

Thanks guys! I think I am going to go sleep now... I hope the excitement about tomorrow doesn't kick in and keep me staring at the ceiling all night, adrenaline rushing!
I am still trying to figure out how to get my carbs up (but not WAY up) while still staying within my candida treatment... I think I will search all your journals and see if I can spot some menu hints.
This feels GOOOOD.
D.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Apr-30-02, 01:45

BF:

Day 2 done too!!! Although I think I was asleep for the first ten minutes, my 8's at the start were my 5's at the end... gotta work on that. I much prefer weights to cardio, but cardio using intensity levels is far less boring than regular old plodding along cardio. I have one problem though.. I am starving! And I am trying to sit here and wait until it is right time to eat after cardio, in fact I should go try and find that info now, so I am not sitting here longer than needs be..
Doods.
I DO love this
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Apr-30-02, 06:18

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:

Doods, try to hold out for an hour after cardio to take advantage of the fat burning and the raised metabolism. If you can only manage 45 minutes then so be it - drink water, it will help fill you up (and hydrate you of course).

I'm with you on the cardio vs. weights - I can't wait until cardio becomes a once or twice a week thing, done because I miss it!!

N
  #10   ^
Old Wed, May-01-02, 03:31

BF:

Yay! Day three done and done well. With the one exception that I finsihed to quickly. I need to pay more attention to the stopwatch, make sure I rest for a full minute, and hold each exercise longer, letting the weight down slower.
Doods.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, May-02-02, 03:39

BF:

for day 4!
Much better cardio day, but I still prefer weights... even though it hurts to sit down after yesterday..! However, the L-Glutamine REALLY DOES WORK! Or maybe it is acting like a placebo, because I swear, half an hour after taking the powdered form the other day, my arms started to hurt less... could that be possible? I can see why there are such long gaps between working the same group of muscles, my upper body is only beginning to feel ready again now for tomorrows workout.. I was doing (albeit light, and incorrectly) weights EVERY day before this, and getting nowhere. Lesson learned.
Doods.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, May-02-02, 04:03

BF:

So... when can I say I am a lucky member of the BMBFLBC? huh huh huh?
  #13   ^
Old Mon, May-06-02, 07:41

BF:

I have decided to start over and treat last week like a kinda warm up practise run., for loads of reasons, really to boring to go into!
So, today.... Day 1. great workout.
See ya tomorrow!
Doods
  #14   ^
Old Mon, May-06-02, 13:00

Plan: SBD + Exercise
Stats: 218/211/135 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default Just wanted to say Hi

How's it going Dood? Sorry you feel the need to repeat wk#1
Did you miss a couple of workouts, or just not comfortable with the ones you did? I still feel like I am tweaking my lowerbody workout. With the exercises I do, it may be a few more weeks to strengthen my back in order to increase my weights to get a better workout in my legs. I tend to be a perfectionist, but I am not going to worry about it. I will do what I can do, and then a bit more to get my 10, if it strengthens my back more than my legs(which are actually pretty strong) for now, then so be it!

Stay encouraged , get lots of rest , suck down the glutamine and the protein
  #15   ^
Old Thu, May-09-02, 04:34

BF:

Again I say how much i am prefeing interval training to ordinary ploddy cardio on my 'mill. The lower body workout yesterday was great and the either I didn'y work at it hard enough or the L-Glutamine is working... 'cos there is a little soreness, but no "ouch ouch ouch" as I walk down the stairs.
Off now to clean the BL***DY house!
Doods.