Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-26-12, 15:50
Registered Member

Plan: 4 corners
Stats: 203/190/135 Female 5 ft
BF:
Progress:
Smile 60 carb plans?

just wondering if any of the 60ish carb plans have worked for people? i have tried atkins and have a few digestive issues that seem to get worse when i try to do induction. i have found a few semilow carb plans and thought i'd give it a try so if anyone has had success let me know. :
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-26-12, 16:12
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottiedo
just wondering if any of the 60ish carb plans have worked for people? i have tried atkins and have a few digestive issues that seem to get worse when i try to do induction. i have found a few semilow carb plans and thought i'd give it a try so if anyone has had success let me know. :

The South Beach Diet phase I comes to about 60 carbs a day when you include the 2 servings of allowed beans daily. That extra fiber may help your digestive issues.
I had a lot of success with SBD but my way of eating has evolved away from it over the years.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, May-26-12, 18:32

Plan: PP
Stats: 171/143/135 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Absolutely. You can still get the health benefits of LC at that level.

I don't really count anything. But 50ish grams is around what I think I'm eating most days, if I stop to think about it. I don't seem to benefit by eating significantly less than this. Most of my carbs come from veggies. If life intervenes, and I end up eating something more carby than usual, I try to enjoy a small amount of it, then keep going with my preferred WOE. Honestly, it does not affect my health or my weight for more than a day. And it's pretty rare that I am in a situation where I can't make good choices.

So, yes, of course you can lose weight this way. You could lose weight at a way higher carb level than this. People do it every day.

Find what works for you. Good luck!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-27-12, 10:14
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

thx for the replys, think i,ll try AGAIN! dootiedo
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-06-12, 14:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 265/231/175 Male 72 inches
BF:265/231/175
Progress: 38%

To counter the above, many people have to have more like the 20 net gram of carbs espoused by Atkins.

I would start low and build up to a level that you can still lose weight at until or when you get to that endpoint you are seeking.

I personally found after the initial shock, 20 ng is not that hard. Of course that means no starches eg bread, potatoes, noodles, rice, pastries. And again, I have to avoid high carb foods like fruits.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jun-06-12, 14:48
Lo-Carb Addict

Plan: Atkins Induction/gastric
Stats: 361/176.8/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 87%

I always have always had digestive issues on Atkins. However, this time around I have added a daily dose of probiotic from Walgreens, and my issues are 100% improved. Just a thought you might want to try...
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-12, 19:06
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

quiet here, i am evolving on my personal plan. im doing lowcarb but i have to find things that work for me long term so not following any certain plan. i have greek yogurt in morning, mixed with half cup unsweetened applesauce...when i get hungry, i eat left over entree from night before or maybe 2 deviled eggs. for some reason, its the only way i like eggs....if im still hungry,, ill eat a big salad with cheese and ranch dressing...i just eat when i get hungry. i may have a few berries or a little cantelope. for dinner i try to cook enough for 2 or 3 days, something nice like parmesan fish or italian sausage with tomatoe and saurkraut. i also sometimes make a faux potatoe salad with cauliflower instead of potatoes, a smoothie with almond milk (2 carbs) and a few berries, real rich cream in my coffee, i feel now like i can live this way forever. i have lost some weight, i can tell, but havent weighed yet. im not bloated feeeling either...so eventually i will weigh and post here. oh yes, as most of you already know, pork rinds make great breading for fish, ect. and to nibble on a few at night, or a few walnuts. see ya later.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-12, 07:10

Stats: 347/320/220 Male 6 foot 1 inch
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hi Dottie, glad you have found something that works for you. I am kind of the same way. If I am going to eat this way for life then I know that some added fruit will go a long way for me. I just kind of look to eat as natural as possible. I also know this time around that there will be certain transgressions from time to time, holidays, cookouts, etc...but instead of using them as a cheat, I just think of them as part of my plan and not as cheating.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-12, 07:23

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

The Atkins for Life series, book and cookbook, would be helpful, with its specific 60 carb plan. Find it used or in library.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-12, 11:25
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

thx for the input guys i will check at my library to see if the atkins for life series is available. i am probably abit below the 60 but so far, so good.
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Jul-21-12, 12:41
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

been a month for me on "my" plan...my best friend in the whole world, my dog rusty, died and i have been in mourning and still am. like any person suffering from any addiction, in my case food, i fell off the wagon and have been stuffing myself with all manner of hoprrible but yummy carb foods. i had lost around seven pounds before my nightmare began, put it all back on plus one more pound. however, even though i still grieve rusty, i weighed in this morning, my first step back to being smart and i am back on my plan today. funny how we never give up, isnt it? please, somebody reply so i know you are out there.
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Jul-21-12, 13:23

Plan: DANDR induction
Stats: 240/240/140 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

i'm here!! sorry to hear about your loss its never easy when a beloved pet dies, but on a plus side its good to see that you're back and ready to start again!! good luck hun
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Jul-21-12, 13:59
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottiedo
been a month for me on "my" plan...my best friend in the whole world, my dog rusty, died and i have been in mourning and still am. like any person suffering from any addiction, in my case food, i fell off the wagon and have been stuffing myself with all manner of hoprrible but yummy carb foods. i had lost around seven pounds before my nightmare began, put it all back on plus one more pound. however, even though i still grieve rusty, i weighed in this morning, my first step back to being smart and i am back on my plan today. funny how we never give up, isnt it? please, somebody reply so i know you are out there.

I'm very sorry for your loss!
Yes, we are here for you! Get right back on your plan...yes, we never, ever give up!

Is there a new best friend for you in the future? Each time I lose one of my babies, I have room to save a new one.
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Jul-21-12, 22:25

Stats: 192/150/150 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

So sorry to hear that you too lost your little furry friend.. I had to have my little bichon put to sleep..it broke my heart! My husband said we needed to get right back on the horse and get another one, which we did. She is a puppy..Lhasa apso named coco. I already adore her! Just be really careful when something happens that you don't let it derail you on your plan...because each time you allow that to happen ..it gets easier and easier to go off plan..and then pretty soon you aren't doing it at all.. That is what happened to me..my husband of 40 years was killed by a drunk driver.. and I got off my plan that ai had been doing for two years.. I chucked the diet, didn't take care of my diabetes..I actually went for 5 years that I didn't even see a doctor ...after realizing I was going to lose my eyesight..I got back on track.. nothing is going to be more important than my health! Take good care of yourself! You deserve it!!And I really am sorry about Rusty, I can tell you loved him so much..it hurts! Be good to yourself..don't punish yourself by sabotaging your diet,
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Jul-22-12, 05:54

Plan: LCHF - my way
Stats: 309/233.2/194 Male 6'2"
BF:
Progress: 66%

Sorry for your loss. As to carb plans, if VLC isn't for you (it wasn't for me), try calorie restriction in addition to LC. I use the free MyFitnessPal app to track what I eat. At 180 to 270g of carbs a day I lost weight each week...by sticking to the daily calories.

That wasn't low carb at all...but it shows that carbs aren't the only way to lose weight. I started back to LC thinking a month ago and am down to 90-180 g a day now. Still losing weight.