Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Dec-15-15, 18:10

Plan: , LCHF
Stats: 259.6/222.4/130 Female 62 inches
BF:67.2/60.2/normal
Progress: 29%

I made a low carb cheesecake and cut it in 10 pieces. I am eating one piece every day. It gives me fat and protein and only has 3 carbs. I found the recipe on this forum, bawdy's cheesecake in the sweets section. I made it with swerve. It is pretty good.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Dec-15-15, 18:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrracing
I know some say it's hard for the husband, but it is hard for me to change my wife's mind. She has seen the close to 50 I have lost and the things people say about how great I look. You would think it would get her on board, but she still eats, cereal, pop tarts, cookies, tortilla chips and dip and so on. Any Ideals?

Also Xmas is coaming and I feel the same way about the sweets, I would eat 6 brownies and 10 cookies before this WOE. I think I am going to get a low carb bar and cut it up and eat it over the 4 days. I want something sweet, but refuse to eat the bad cookie and deserts. I know it will take e off course and I will never go back.

Does anyone else have a low carb sweet?

The best idea that I have is to continue what you are doing. People don't always, in fact, they don't usually, change because YOU tell them or show them it's the right thing to do. They change because of an internal decision.
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Dec-15-15, 18:59

Here's a seasonal low carb cheesecake I got from SageHill.

I'm making it for Christmas!

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/lo...kncheescake.htm

Also, if you are looking for everyday type low carb treats, google "fat bombs' and you will be overloaded with beautiful little treats.
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Dec-16-15, 12:50

Plan: atkins
Stats: 175/166/147 Female 5ft 5ins
BF:
Progress: 32%

I think we have to arrive at the decision to change our eating habits ourselves. In fact if someone had suggested to me I ought to try LC I would probably rebel and eat even more rubbish. Something just has to click within us.

My two minute very easy, very lazy sweet is simply a mix of full fat mascarpone with full fat Greek yogurt. You can add a little cocoa powder or dissolved coffee granules to jazz it up a bit.
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Dec-17-15, 21:05

Plan: Banting
Stats: 150/132/132 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Okay, I couldn't stand it anymore, I made a cheesecake! My favorite one is from the Wheat Belly cookbook, except I make several changes of course (the crust in that recipe is weird, 2 tab lemon juice) otherwise it is my favorite cheesecake. I've been snacking on little sugary things here and there--a piece from the bowl at the bank, a few sugared almonds, etc...and the last thing I need right now is sugar! Then he brought home a bottle of O'Malleys Irish Cream, that stuff is like mainlining sugar! Why is he doing this to me? Got to head that off.

I guess feeling not so good and very discouraged is not helping. I had a about a week of the best sleep I've had in years! Really thought I had things figured out, then it all fell apart and insomnia is creeping back along with other unpleasantness. Feel like crap and I have to work anyway because the weather has so few good openings. So it looks like the estrogen is going to have to go. Still trying to figure out where to go from here.
  #36   ^
Old Fri, Dec-18-15, 02:05

BF:

Sorry you are struggling Nicekitty. A good night's sleep makes such a difference! That's just over a fortnight on your change of medication. Do you think you body has adjusted and returned to where it was?
All these tempting things are so difficult to resist, I'm always glad when things are back to normal in January. Hope you can find a balance where sleep and optimism returns. I'm guessing you have tried various things to assist with the sleep!
My only suggestion would be to fill up on the o/p foods so that there is no (out of hours) hunger.
Keep checking in and posting. Three weeks and we will be so glad that we didn't go overboard. I am not aiming for perfection but plan to control and enjoy what I do choose to eat.
  #37   ^
Old Fri, Dec-18-15, 09:47

Not sleeping is the worst. Have you tried supplements with Ayurvedic herbs in them? The one I use has jujube, and it was invaluable when I was going through menopause. I'd go to sleep normally, then wake up at two am with my thoughts racing.

I got so I could get up, go into the bathroom, find the container of Relax Now and take one or two without turning on the light. About 20 minutes after taking them, it was as though somebody turned of the switch in my brain, and I'd drift back off to sleep.
  #38   ^
Old Tue, Dec-22-15, 22:07

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickiSue
Not sleeping is the worst. Have you tried supplements with Ayurvedic herbs in them? The one I use has jujube, and it was invaluable when I was going through menopause. I'd go to sleep normally, then wake up at two am with my thoughts racing.
I have tried pretty much everything--kind of fed up with supplements, in my experience they may work once or twice, but the body adjusts and then they don't. I'm also kind of worried about interractions with the AD that I am on. I do like magnesium and it seems to help a bit.

Speaking of the antidepressant--I've figured out that the hormones are interacting with it. I'm really fed up with it, and after 34 years of taking this stuff I'm ready to taper off--I know it won't be easy because I have tried several time before and failed. The last few days have been rough (no sleep at all night before last) and I just want to get through the holidays without feeling too miserable.
  #39   ^
Old Wed, Dec-23-15, 01:38

BF:

I would be so bad tempered if I couldn't get enough sleep.

Just a suggestion, have you tried having a few carbs in your evening meal. You have been very successful in your weight loss and maybe this wouldn't suit you.

I started to take around 10-20gms carb in evening and it really helped me to settle at night. The magnesium helps but not as much as the effect of carbs on my mental and physical state. My mind was racing and my limbs were so restless.

Hope you can find something that helps to see you through this holiday period.
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Dec-23-15, 05:59

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Just don't be a bore as a guest....

http://youtu.be/TX9EAavxrus

#41   ^
Old Wed, Dec-23-15, 10:27

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

Janet, that's hilarious!! And absolutely true. Trying to organize a "dinner for 8" with church friends is ridiculous. Didn't we used to just have dinner parties?? No wonder nobody does anymore.
  #42   ^
Old Fri, Dec-25-15, 01:11

BF:

Okay it's here!
Merry Xmas.
Hope we all have a lovely day, enjoy the food and the company!

Actually I am thinking staying on plan is no hardship.

So lucky to have a loving family, warm house and good food.

Let's enjoy what's important.
  #43   ^
Old Sun, Dec-27-15, 18:41

BF:

Hope everyone had a great Christmas! I was not very good, and I'll have to spend the next few days recooping (afraid to weigh). My sister made a wonderful prime rib roast, and she let me cut off a bone and chew on it, that was yummy (very primal feeling!).
  #44   ^
Old Sun, Dec-27-15, 19:45

I made pumpkin cheesecake mousse for Christmas Eve. Very good, but next time I'll double the spice. VERY low carb, and so rich.

The recipe made 12 little demitasse cups of dessert, with enough to mound over the tops of the cups.

As there were only three of us for dinner that night, Husband (who is NOT a lowcarber) and I have been eating the leftovers, day by day. Since he grabs his without urging, I know the recipe is a keeper.
  #45   ^
Old Mon, Dec-28-15, 02:11

BF:

More or less on plan here. Left much too long a gap between breakfast and xmas lunch being served. Had a few crisps in dip to stave hunger as I still fear it could take control . Apart from that only ate what I had planned. All in all very pleased with my choices.
I often think about my signature when faced with choices.
It's very empowering being successful! I guess that why the quote "whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right" is so true! Think I might add it to signature as well, I need to work on the mental aspect of this.
Three year old and five year old staying at the moment pandemonium and no time to put feet up. Mum is having a well earned break.
Few more days and we will all be back to normal food and routine.