Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-17-02, 20:02

Plan: beginner
Stats: 150/150/130
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default new and love carbs!

ok so like im starting atkins again for like the 8th time! i really wanna stick to it but like we have all this crap in my house with massive amounts of carbs...i can stick to atkins for liek 2 days than i end up binging on carbs....and i really need to lose a few lbs..im not fat but i need to slim done a little! i need help! thanks! XO~~CARE
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-17-02, 20:17

Plan: Protein Power Plan
Stats: 245/227/150
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default Low Carbing

My Hubby and I are new to this and we have only had a week on the plan. What we did (because I was skeptical and I REFUSED) to throw out all the goodies I had, that just happen to be low carb is the following:

Sorted through all our cupboards, and moved all the high carb stuff to one location (top 4 shelves of the pantry) then I attached dish cloths to the shelves to hide the food so we wouldnt be tempted.

Did the same thing to the fridge, we are lucky in that I just moved all the naughty stuff to the basement fridge and freezer, I also put the "freezer" foods that we could eat in the upstairs freezer, and everything else went to the basement.

This is the "outta sight outta mind" principle! I dont know how the atkins works, but in PP we can eat 40 carbs max per day, so we devise all sorts of snacks and goodies to snack on if we get "munchy" b/w meals (which is not often I have found). I was really surprised with this plan, I always feel satisfied, never hungry (unless its approaching meal time) and I feel like I am eating waaaayyy more calories than I am. (the weight loss is a bonus too!)

Hope this helps
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-19-02, 14:00
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 128/128/114
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default i feel your pain!

hey... i know how it is. i am starting induction for i think the third time now, and i really want to stick to it to. and tonight is pizza night at my house!!!!! i think the past two times i have given up on pizza night. i also only have a little bit of weight to lose, but its an important little bit!
all i can say is, try to tough it out. im sure we'll be really happy we did once the annoying weight is gone.
stay strong
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-13-02, 22:42
Registered Member

Plan: 50/30/20/40-40-20
Stats: 180/192/205
BF:
Progress: 48%

If you find your self sliping often why dont you just move to a lower carb from of life like a 50-30-20 split of protien carbs and fat and see how that works a split like this is best used to perserve muslce too