Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Tue, Jun-14-22, 10:04

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 250/167/175 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 111%

I have looked up the symptoms of all the other possible diagnoses other than IBS-d
They all speak of pain or bloody stools
I have neither
Just an uncontrollable outpouring
My low-carb diet since the first PP by the Eades has not prevented it
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Wed, Jun-15-22, 04:46

BF:

I have been following Dr Davis protocol with the exception of the yogurt
He does not say in the book what signs to look for that indicate the protocol is working.
The end result of an end to IBS-d is the goal
but what of progress
It is, after all, a long process of recovery
  #78   ^
Old Sun, Jun-19-22, 11:21

Plan: None, limit carbs, Omega6
Stats: 161/140/140 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Ah, I've found the hidden discussion about Super Gut!

I get reflux in the night and following the Fast Tract diet pretty much stopped it. However, after reading Super Gut, I realised it's only treating the symptoms, not the cause.

I got the AIRE2 device (contrary to what Davis says in the book, it doesn't measure H2S) - my H was 8.5 after a 24 hour fast and before taking the fibre! - so pretty clear I've got SIBO.

I've been on Reuteri yogurt for a month or so (no noticeable difference except I now love home made yogurt - I use half heavy, half light cream). I'm now trying the yogurt/curcumin protocol for SIBO but only with Gasseri at the moment as that reads to be the most significant out of the 3 in the Super Gut yogurt. Also started brewing my green tea with ginger and cloves (makes it nicer to drink). If that fails, I'll try the herbal anti-biotics SIBO protocol.

It's not a cheap game (at least trying to get hold of stuff from the UK) and the inner circle is too extortionate for me. However, he does put some updates on the blog: https://drdavisinfinitehealth.com/blog/
(at the bottom, you can sign-up to a newsletter).
  #79   ^
Old Sat, Jun-25-22, 07:42

BF:

Thanks, Dan. I do get Dr Davis newsletter

I have now been on the protocol sans yogurt (I can't make it) for 14 days now and still have to call housekeeping for cleanup services - no warning, no control

I drink the green tea plain. I hate the smell and taste of cloves. When I was a little girl, dentists used to smear clove oil on our gums to take away the pain before starting a procedure.

I have to do a 24 hour fast before I can leave the house to go to the doctors office.

I take it you recommend the AIRE2 device?

Super Gut recommends the herbal supplements for 14 days only.
  #80   ^
Old Sat, Jun-25-22, 10:01

BF:

In the Luvele post they say"

STRAIN SPECIFITY & AMOUNT

"Strain specificity is important. While there are other strains of L. Reuteri available, Dr Davis has no evidence to suggest they will produce the same health benefits. His recipe specifically uses the bacterial strains, L. reuteri ATCC PTA 6475 and DSM 17938 that are available in chewable tablet form from BioGaia. Just Google “BioGaia Gastrus” to find a retailer or company that can ship them to you."

Since I am not making the l-reuteri yogurt, I was wondering if these Bio Gaia Gastrus tablets would be a good substitute. Since they are "chewable" I assume they are OK to take orally without anything else?

Last edited by Benay : Sat, Jun-25-22 at 10:14.
  #81   ^
Old Mon, Jun-27-22, 05:03

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benay
Since I am not making the l-reuteri yogurt, I was wondering if these Bio Gaia Gastrus tablets would be a good substitute. Since they are "chewable" I assume they are OK to take orally without anything else?

I believe it’s best to take them with food so you know they have something to work on. I know DH has managed much better when we found a probiotic that works for him.

Youtheory® Spore Probiotic

6 Billion CFU† + Triphala Blend
Does Not Require Refrigeration
Resists Stomach Acid Breakdown
With Triphala: Traditional Ayurvedic Digestion Tonic

This is somewhat easy in that we can tell within days

For example, I have a real relationship with magnesium. The first time I took it, it felt good. If I took too much, I had early warning because I took the chelated kind. (ALWAYS take the chelated kind…) and each step after that, which was (in my case) gluten free, then more fermented foods, then only pickled vegetables (lectins) led to great improvements.

Sounds like Dr. Davis’ latest book has a lot of general knowledge you can adapt to your situation. Everything he’s told me so far has worked out
  #82   ^
Old Thu, Jun-30-22, 08:01

BF:

THANKS WEREbEAR
  #83   ^
Old Sun, Jul-03-22, 11:22

Plan: None, limit carbs, Omega6
Stats: 161/140/140 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benay

Benay, I doubt the bacteria count in the tablets is sufficient to have an effect. Davis mentions that Biogaia's Osfortis contains what may be the most beneficial strain in Gastrus (ATCC PTA 6475) but with a higher count (5 billion vs 200 million) and is thus more likely to have an effect.

The whole point of the yogurt is to increase the count to circa 200 billion. I was surprised how easy it is to make - what problems are you having?
  #84   ^
Old Thu, Jul-07-22, 05:21

BF:

Dan Rose, I have ordered a yogurt-making machine and some large mixing bowls though I have no idea where I will put them in my limited space residence.

Also, I have ordered "Gut to Glow" advertised as a replacement for making your own yogurt. Dr. Davis recommends it.