Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#136   ^
Old Sat, Dec-07-19, 09:38

Plan: Low Carb/High Fat
Stats: 271/262.6/170 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Hi Mara. Sounds like you are doing great! Keep it up. Keep going!!

I'm in a bit of a hurry this morning, but here is the recipe for the standard chaffle. Since you are following SBD, you will probably want to use a 'lite' form of cheese. I'm doing keto-- so I am using full fat cheese. It's really simple to make chaffles.

What you will need is:

A "Dash" brand personal waffle machine. I got mine at Amazon for about $10, shipped. The company that makes it is called "Dash." It makes a waffle the size of, say, a standard Egg-o brand waffle. Just right for making a sandwich if you make 2 of them. :-)

About 1/4 cup of shredded cheese. The variety of cheese is up to you. A mozzarella cheese will make a more subtle tasting chaffle than a sharp cheddar. You get the idea.

One egg, beaten. With your choice of spices added in.

So it's easy! Heat up your waffle maker, and sprinkle in 1/4 of your cheese. (No need to spray the griddle with out). Pour in HALF of the beaten egg. On top of that, add another 1/4 of your cheese. Close the lid. Watch the steam come out! When no more steam comes out, after about 3-4 minutes, your first chaffle is ready. Let it cool off if you want a crispy crunchy chaffle. If you prefer it to be softer, then go ahead and top it with your ingredients. (Ham, hamburger, mayo, whatever you are making).

Now just repeat those steps to make your 2nd chaffle. Once done, you have 2 amazing chaffles and you can use them as a bun, or you can just top them with whatever you like--peanut butter, avocado, etc.

This DASH machine has been a game changer for me! I made a cheeseburger last night and used 2 Mexican cheese blend chaffles as the bun. (I added in 1 tbsp of coconut flour to the batter to make the chaffles more "bread-like"). I used swiss cheese on my burger, some lettuce, some grilled onions, and HOLY MOLY it was DELICIOUS!! I didn't even need any mayo or ketchup or anything. I am IN LOVE!!!

Okay, so the chocolate chaffles are easy to make too!

You need:

2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
1 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
1 egg, beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
2 Tbsp of your favorite sweetener (adjust to taste). I used 4 packets of truvia

Mix everything up. It'll take a little effort to get the cocoa powder to mix in, but it will.

Heat up your waffle machine. No need to spray it with oil. Pour in enough of the batter to cover the bottom of the griddle. Close lid. Wait for the steam to stop coming out. It takes about 3-4 minutes... Remove the chaffle and let it cool on a cooling rack, if you have one. My chaffles never got hard and crispy-- they were more soft and spongy, but I didn't mind--they tasted just like an Oreo cookie, but not crunchy. My batter made 3 chocolate chaffles. If you want, you can just make 2 of them and spread some cream cheese you've made into a sweet cream cheese frosting, and use the chaffles like giant cookies and make yourself and fantastic dessert! There are so many options. Endless.

Here is a link to a 'chaffle cheat sheet' found at Reddit, full of recipes:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Chaffles/c...le_cheat_sheet/

Give the chaffles a try, and let us know what you think!
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Wed, Dec-11-19, 18:15

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 235/224/150 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Quote:
Originally Posted by maral427
Hi ladies! Back on South beach. I used to weigh 425. Lost well over 225pounds. Have too much excess skin. The end of august I had a tummy tuck. The surgeon removed almost 16 pounds of skin on my belly. Back on South beach . Would like to lose 20to 30 more pounds.

Hi Mara I am so glad to see you back! I am also trying to get back to SBD.

I will officially start next week. Right now I have too much food in the fridge that I need to use up first. However, I am trying to keep it as low carb as possible. Will see how it goes
  #138   ^
Old Wed, Oct-14-20, 09:46
Registered Member

Plan: South beach
Stats: 248/237/180 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

starting day one on south beach again.

breakfast premier protein powder, unsweetened plain almond milk, and some cut up veggies (peppers, celery, cucumbers)

snack baby bell light cheese pickle spears

lunch veggie omlette with peppers onion broccoli and mushrooms

snack laughing cow light cheese, cucumber rounds

dinner grilled breast, green beans, broccoli

snack sugar free jello, non fat greek yogurt