Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Fri, Nov-08-19, 13:44

Plan: Dr. Westman
Stats: 280/170/170 Female 69.8 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hey Thud & Ken! Thanks for stopping by guys.

Thud- Yes! The end of that movie! I saw a t-shirt I thought about getting for the race that says Andy & Red’s Zihuatenejo.

Ken - My turn to be jealous. I looked up Old Rag Mountain and it looks amazing. Fingers crossed that nothing interferes with your date with the mountain. I will be very curious as to how you find the rock scramble.
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Wed, Jan-29-20, 00:02

BF:

Never did an end of the year summary for 2019
189 gym visits. I ranked #9 for the most visits to my gym out of all the members.
As far as MEPs, I placed in the top 5 of my gym May-Nov. June I took first, the other months either 3rd or 5th. The remaining months I finished too 10. This month (Jan) it’s going to be tough to get top 10. People came out the gate like gang busters and the rink has had some closures. My session tonight was canceled due to a busted Zamboni.

Schedule through Mid-March:
Monday: AM gym - weights + light cardio, PM team skate
Tuesday: AM gym - run - Shawshank training plus stretching, PM - skate group lesson
Wednesday: AM gym - weights + light cardio
Thursday: AM gym - run - Shawshank training plus stretching
Friday: AM gym - personal training session

I’d like to get another run in on the weekend but I am usually very unmotivated.

I am walking my dog twice daily for a total of 1.5 - 2 miles. The app I use to track my dog walks & hikes invited me to a 1020KM challenge for 2020. Kuma & I have 46KM in already this year, but need to step up our game to 2+ Miles per day.

Running is still a struggle for me but I am determined to keep training for the Shawshank Hustle in August. I am still run/walking after 4 months. I am only up to running about 3 mins with 2 mins of walking alternating. I can run a mile & brought my time down to 11:45 from 13:38. I baselined a 5K today at 41:48 and last Thurs baselines a 7K at 59:15.
  #123   ^
Old Wed, Jan-29-20, 12:17

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
My session tonight was canceled due to a busted Zamboni.

AAAhhhHHggggg!

Fun to read about your planing for run in aug. I run once and awhile for short distances, usually under duress. I have not run for runnings sake in a LONG time - I used to like doing it, maybe again this summer.

Skate On Renee!
  #124   ^
Old Sat, Mar-07-20, 21:45

BF:

Didn’t update for Jan or Feb. still working out & skating. Just not feeling motivated to run so sometimes I only do it once a week. I am doing an alternating down ladder of walking & running - 5 mins walk/5 mins run, 4 mins walk/4 mins run etc down to 1/1. I don’t like running & I think it is partially the treadmill & partial it’s not an activity I enjoy. Love skating. Love hiking. Love lifting. Love stretching/yoga.

January I managed to finish top 10 in the gym (#10). I was amazed because there was some pretty strong showings. New Year & all that. Plus my vacation in the beginning of the month. In February, I finished top 10 (#4). I’ve worked my way to the top of the March leaderboard this week, but there is a MEP challenge- our club vs other clubs. Not sure how long I can stay on top.

We are working on a new program for my skating group - Madonna’s Ray of Light. We will debut it at the end of March in an Ice Show. We plan to use this program for our competitions: ISI Worlds (local to us this year), ISI Adult Champs (Vegas Baby!) and our home competition in December. We have our club ice show the end of April & our music is All That Jazz.

I joined a 100 mile 60 day challenge on the MapMyWalk app. In addition to the 1000KM in a year. I’m at 35 miles with 43 days left. Basically need to walk 1.5 miles per day. Not too hard because my daily dog walks are between 1.5 & 2 miles total. I’m at 158KM for the year.

I got to do one of the last candlelight hikes of the year last weekend & I’m totally itching to get out on the trail. We going to have nice weather so they may be great this weekend or they may be a muddy mess.
  #125   ^
Old Mon, May-04-20, 14:14

BF:
Default Working Out in Quarantine

The last week before the gym shut I’d been not going as much or as long as normal. It just didn’t feel “safe” for whatever reason. As far I know no one in that gym has gotten the virus, but I just felt it best to stay away for a bit.

I meet my trainer one-on-one once a week. She came up with some pretty good workouts I could do at home on my own like one that involves using my hiking backpack and using household items in place of free weights.

I got kinda bored & I miss the artistic expression of skating. We were listening to Halsey on Spotify while she was training me. I was doing deadlift rows & the BTS song that features Halsey came on. It was the perfect beat for the exercise we are doing. I challenged my trainer to come up with an exercise routine to this song:

https://youtu.be/XsX3ATc3FbA

It took us 3 - one hour sessions to finish it up. But oh my, my, my it is 4 minutes of great cardio without running 👍 Love it, but I am dead after one or two run through. This going to be my new warm up for sure.

Also doing some off ice skates-on classes via zoom with my skate coach. It’s only once a week. Killer leg lifts with skates-on for ankle weights.

I was walking a lot in local & state parks. But I was also super stress eating. Details in my journal.

But eating crap really decreased what I could actually do. I’ve developed plantar fasciitis. So I’ve had to cut my dog walks down to one a day (Hubs takes him in the morning- I take him at night). I get to go on one hike per week. Usually around 2 miles. It’s a big fat bummer, but it’s an important reminder that you can’t out exercise what you put in your mouth. I am forced to dial my nutrition back in as I ease up on the exercise. So that is good.

Continuing to do what I can.