Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-03, 15:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/138/118
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Atkins pancake mix

I discovered that if you just add water to Atkins pancake mix until it is a slightly thick pancake batter consistency, then make 4" pancakes (have to spread the batter a little in the pan) they come out PERFECTLY without having to add all the eggs and oil like it says on the box! TRY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-19-03, 20:39

Plan: atkins
Stats: 174/136/135
BF:
Progress: 97%
Default need the fat

We really need the fat provided in the oil and eggs....unless you are eating bacon or sausage on the side.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-07-03, 11:22

Stats: 213/189/155 Male 5' 8"
BF:27
Progress: 41%

I agree these taste much better without the eggs. With the eggs they just taste like a weird egg mixture. And you can always add eggs on the side if you miss the fat.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-10-03, 01:11

Stats: 273/238/154
BF:oh-my-god!/37%/24%
Progress: 29%
Cool Soya flour pancakes

Life without pancakes would be a sorry thing indeed...

I made some last night as my first venture into the world of soya flour. They were wonderful, especially with a splodge of low carb strawberry jam. Reminded me of the cornmeal pancakes I used to make out of my Gran's 1930's Meta Givens cookbook.

30 grams soya flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon splenda (or equivalent of your favorite)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg
2 ounces whipping cream + 2 ounces water to make 4 ounces of *milk*
a splash of vanilla extract
two teaspoon melted butter

Mix the whole lot together into a thick batter and use to make small pancakes... three to four inches. Fry in a dry (melt the butter for the batter in it an pour it out) non stick pan over medium heat and don't even consider turning them until the bubbles have popped and they look dry on top... don't even check to see if they need to be turne. My first one was a real mess. Delicious, but still a mess.

I suspect they'd be even better with sugar free syrup, but I've not yet found a place to acquire that in merry old England.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jan-09-05, 10:44

Plan: My own?
Stats: 186/166/150 Male 5'6" (66 inches)
BF:20.5%/15%/10%
Progress: 56%

I found the Krusteaz brand to taste much better than the Atkins.. and if I remember, a box of Krusteaz mix cost less than the Atkins mix, too. Now if only I could find a good syrup that actually tasted like real maple syrup!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jan-09-05, 17:10

Plan: atkins
Stats: 174/136/135
BF:
Progress: 97%

Does this brand have a low carb pancake mix? I love the regular mix...well I used to love it
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jan-09-05, 19:33

Plan: Atkins - Modified
Stats: 330/330/280 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 0%

I got a pkg of the Atkins Pancake mix from the 99 cent store for.... 99 CENTS!! They also have tons of other stuff like atkins cornbread mix, blueberry muffins, and chocolate chip muffin mix.

Endor: I get the Roddenberry's SF syrup, it tastes pretty damn real, just not as thick.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jan-09-05, 21:59

Plan: Evolving and learning
Stats: 226/144/130 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 85%

Oh wow! Atkins packaged mixes here are very expensive! For example, in the local store, the Atkins muffin mixes are eight dollars a package!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jan-10-05, 17:01

Plan: My own?
Stats: 186/166/150 Male 5'6" (66 inches)
BF:20.5%/15%/10%
Progress: 56%

yes tahoch, Krusteaz makes a low-carb pancake mix. It's 9g per serving, which if I remember correctly is 2 pancakes roughly 6" diameter. Not exactly LOW carb, I know, but definately better than the "real thing"
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jan-10-05, 17:33
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

If I'm not mistaken, though, one of the main ingredients of the Krusteaz is white flour.... maybe I'm getting it confused with something else, though. Could you list the ingredients please?
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jan-11-05, 16:09

BF:

Ivana you think that is an insanely good deal...

Yesterday I went to GNC. They were having a MASSIVE sale. I picked up....

Atkins granola bars for 99 cents (reduced from 6.99)
MORE atkins pancake mix for 25 cents (reduced from 5.49)
LC Oatmeal for 90 cents (reduced from 6.99)
No-Carb Chocolate Syrup for 59 cents (reduced from 2.30)
Keto Macaroni & Cheese for 99 cents (reduced from 4.99)

They also had an orange cranberry muffin mix for 75 cents, but i'm not real big on cranberries. If it drops to 25 cents I'll pick one up for my dad though. LoL. I am waiting for their chocolate muffin, corn muffin, and blueberry muffin mixes to drop further in price.

Have you checked on ebay for atkins mixes??? Here I did a quick search:

http://search.ebay.com/atkins_Food-...Z1QQsacatZ14308

I actually found atkins bread mix at the mostly unlikely of places...THE SALVATION ARMY, LMAO. They were brand new boxes and cost 99 cents each. They make the most delicious LC pizza crusts!
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Jan-15-05, 19:03

BF:

ATKINS PANCAKE MIX....

DISGUSTING!!!!!

Don't waste your money!!! I'm gonna put my remaining two bags up for auction on ebay so I can get some of my money back!

I couldn't believe how gross they were. I didn't add the eggs like suggested and it just turned into mush in the pan. I added some egg subsitute and they were still mushy. They smelled gross, felt gross, and were just mush. Don't waste your money!
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Jan-15-05, 19:07

Plan: gluten free atkins maint.
Stats: 250/155/180 Male 6 foot 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 136%

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocreep
ATKINS PANCAKE MIX....

DISGUSTING!!!!!

Don't waste your money!!! I'm gonna put my remaining two bags up for auction on ebay so I can get some of my money back!

I couldn't believe how gross they were. I didn't add the eggs like suggested and it just turned into mush in the pan. I added some egg subsitute and they were still mushy. They smelled gross, felt gross, and were just mush. Don't waste your money!

My feeling exactly. I can't remember something I have eaten tasting worse then that, even some moldy eggs that I once ate on a dare (I was manic at the time! ).
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Jan-16-05, 00:10

BF:

I just couldn't believe it Luke. I had my hopes up too because of some of the people who had posted rave reviews about them. They looked alright cooking and all. But then the minute I got them on my plate I knew that was the end. And to think I almost bought his bluebery mix and chocolate chip mix. I can imagine just how bad those taste too! If i'm going to eat pancakes I will splurge my carbs and find an excellent whole wheat pancake mix and do it myself at home.

BTW: How could you eat moldy eggs??? That too is DISGUSTIN!!! I hope alot of money was at stake!
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Jan-16-05, 00:47

Plan: gluten free atkins maint.
Stats: 250/155/180 Male 6 foot 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 136%

I gave the rest of the mix I had to my dad to try, I haven't heard back yet, but It serves him right for giving me a hard time over christmas time.

and...No I didnt get any money, the only thing I got was a bad case of food poisoning the next day that made me have to be hospitalized for two days. I wasn't in a right state though at the time, like I said I was in a manic episode, the same day I had given a cop the finger, and driven around the city going 180 mph just because I thought it was fun! (feel free to laugh at me now, I know you want to. ).

Btw, if you haven't tried it yet, the atkins banana nut muffin mix is surprisingly good actually.