Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-27-20, 20:26

Plan: 12/25/63 (c/p/f)
Stats: 218/207.8/155 Female 66 in
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Completely out of control

My nutrition is completely out of control, like fries and ice cream every day. No exercise. Frozen at work with fear of failure. Alone with my dog since Covid started. I don't know how to even start, but hopefully being here will motivate me to get on the right track and stay there. I will start my journal tomorrow. Good night y'all.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-27-20, 20:37

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

#3   ^
Old Fri, Nov-27-20, 21:22

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Welcome.

If need be, Make one change at a time if that is all you can handle........many of us are over stressed due to the lockdown and it's wide negative impact. Small changes can be more manageable. Take big leaps when you can.

I've added relaxation breathing and it really helps. And in my family everyone take a magnesium citrate to calm the nerves. You might look into that supplement.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Nov-27-20, 22:37
Think, then Eat.

Plan: LC / L-FODMAP / L-IgG
Stats: 276.4/231.7/199 Male 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 58%

Welcome! I've been lost and found again many times on this journey. I'm back here for the who-knows-how-many-eth time. As Ms. A said, take it slow if you need to. I work best going cold turkey, but other people don't. Just cut out one thing. Or maybe reduce one thing to only once a week.

Jump into the boards here as there is a TON of great info here as well as some great people. I hope you stick around and get involved. It will really help your progress.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Nov-28-20, 03:23
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

Hi and welcome.

Wishing you luck fighting that inertia. I think we've all been there. Feel free to tell us a bit more about yourself and/or your situation if you'd like any suggestions or just commiseration.

The good news, at least as I've found, is that the inertia has a cool friend named momentum, and once you get on a roll - say a string of carbage-free days and a kitchen full of good LC groceries - feeling better makes it easier for you to keep doing the things that keep you feeling better. I hope we can help you make this happen.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Nov-28-20, 06:19
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

Hello, new friend!
This is a good place to find comfort of the supportive sort. The best people are here. Kind of heart and large in spirit and extremely knowledgable. We've "been there, done that" some of us over and over again and we share our good and bad experiences. We write in our journals for accountability.
Come in.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Nov-28-20, 09:49

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

Sorry to hear that you're feeling out of control! Many are feeling the same way these days for various reasons! Hang in there. It's great to start a journal and start connecting with people!
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Nov-28-20, 16:32

BF:

Hi everyone!

I'm overwhelmed in a good way with everyone's support. It means a lot. Today was a better day. I can't wait to get to know you and start my journal tonight.

I was able to take some positive steps. I will end the day below 100 grams of carbs and I went for a walk. Stocked the fridge and shelves with some easy options to get my first 3-4 days started.

Thank you!
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Nov-28-20, 18:57
Think, then Eat.

BF:

Hey LostAgain! Great job with your steps forward today.

Are you going to be following Atkins by the book or just the overall principles of it? I know some people work well following by the book and others don't.

Nice job getting the fridge stocked and prepped with some good options for the first 3-4 days. That will really help.

Have a great evening!
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Nov-28-20, 20:36

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowjax
Hey LostAgain! Great job with your steps forward today.

Are you going to be following Atkins by the book or just the overall principles of it? I know some people work well following by the book and others don't.

Nice job getting the fridge stocked and prepped with some good options for the first 3-4 days. That will really help.

Have a great evening!

Thanks!

In the past I have started doing Atkins straight up for a month and then moving to overall principles once cravings are under control. I normally shop for fresh food, but because I've been depressed and had been ordering Doordash every day, I just bought their branded frozen food and snacks for a few days so I don't have to think about it or plan meals. I have no doubt this is the first step to feeling better and I'll be preparing my own food soon. If I get through the first 48 hours, usually it means I'll do fine.

I tend to do better cold turkey like you, so tomorrow I want to keep it to 20g. I have done low carb about three times before, with the last attempt being the most successful and lasting 2 years. Let's see how it goes. Do you have a journal here?
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Nov-28-20, 21:06
Think, then Eat.

BF:

That sounds like a good starting point. You'll be back in the swing of things in no time.

And yes, I do have a journal.

Below is the direct link:

Link Here

But, you can also look at the lower right corner of my signature on any of my posts and there is a Journal button that will take you directly to the journal. If someone has a journal, that button will be there, but if they don't, then there won't be a journal button.

Looking forward to seeing you hit your goals!
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Nov-29-20, 06:56
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

Quote:
I have done low carb about three times before, with the last attempt being the most successful and lasting 2 years
The first time I went Keto (the original name is Atkins, of course) was 1972. That tells you how long I've been using the tool. Yes, I knew about it. Yes, it works for me. No, I'm only human and have gained and lost, rinse, and repeat. We all have unless this is our first ride on the carousel.

Because I'm so old, I need my blood ketones to measure between 1.5 and 3mmol/l for pain control. As we age, especially women, our joints can ache due to arthritis (osteo). By keeping my blood ketone level high, I keep inflammation lower. Eating so much fat CAN inhibit weight loss, but I'm in maintenance for a few years and the most important thing for me is being able to exercise without pain.

You are not alone in your struggle. We understand and support your efforts. Talking out our issues always helps.