Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Oct-31-21, 05:50

Plan: CAD
Stats: 220/217/180 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 8%

Morning

I weighed in and I’m up one pound this morning. Not sure why but I’ll keep on going with this great plan. I guess it could be any number of things like eating to much yesterday even though I stayed on plan.

Well it’s my Carb Nite and I’m so glad it fell on Halloween because it’s my DH birthday and he always likes to go to the Chinese Buffet. I don’t really care for Chinese so I’ll get a large salad and some delicious cut up fruit. DS has to work today so we will go for dinner. Then back to the house for presents and Carvel ice cream cake…..maybe a couple of mini candies. I’m not sure how many trick or treaters we will get this year but I’m hoping not to have to much candy left

Enjoy Halloween!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Oct-31-21, 06:16

BF:

Also I am not changing my weight stats unless I am still up next week. I’m not sure if anyone else does this also but I hate to keep changing it up and down
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Nov-14-21, 04:13

BF:

Morning

I’m still on the Carb Nite plan and my loses are not as fast as in the beginning however I am still losing. I lost the one pound I gained and I’m down another pound this week.

Today is my Carb Nite and for my main meal I’m planning tacos. I’ve been craving them for a couple of weeks. I will also snack on cashews and have some Fritos chili cheese fries w/ dip. I pick Sundays for my CN because I watch football and I like to snack during the games……I made a ice cream cake for dessert with ice cream sandwiches, bunny tracks ice cream, real whipped cream and caramel sauce and nuts on top. I prefer hot fudge but I want to use it up so I will have more room with thanksgiving coming up.

I enjoy my CN but I also enjoy getting back to LC on Monday, I don’t have any problem going right back to my LC……I feel healthy and happy with my plan and I think of it as my 90/10 plan

Have a great Sunday and go Bills!
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Nov-14-21, 05:23

BF:

Hi

I’m still doing 16/8 also but a lot of days I fast more, like 18/6. I do get hungry early on some days if I wake up to early

I hope someone will try this plan with me I would love to hear how others are doing it
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Nov-15-21, 22:08

Plan: DDF, Fung
Stats: 247/209/199 Female 66.5"
BF:kickin it
Progress: 79%

Hiya Jeep

Glad you're doing so well and enjoying your plan!

I'm sticking to the OMAD, fasting between 18-20 hours per day.

Focusing on more nutritious foods and plugging it into Cronometer.

I have removed aspartame from my diet completely. I'm certain it was causing my nighttime hunger.

Talk later
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Nov-16-21, 07:09

BF:

Hi Mojo

I’m glad your doing the OMAD it has always worked so well for you. Putting in Cronometer to keep an eye on calories is something your good at. So you do a 4 to 6 hour window with one meal and snacks. I have tried to count calories but never got pasted one day lol it stressed me out

I have diet root beers whenever I feel like I need something sweet, I don’t have any problems with drinking them because I always have them after a meal. I think if I was doing OMAD I wouldn’t drink them either because I could see the sweet taste making me want to eat. OMAD is not easy but I love the results it gives and nothing to think about till it’s time to eat

I’m loving the Carb Nite Solution plan, it’s pretty easy and I don’t have to count anything I know what to eat to stay under the carbs allowed. I’ve been on plan for a couple of months now…….longer then I have ever stuck to any plan. I can enjoy all holidays and events with a little planning and that makes it sooo doable.

Later
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Nov-16-21, 07:29

Plan: IF+Keto+Carb Nite
Stats: 239.2/231.6/170 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Hi. I just recommitted yesterday after a very long hiatus.

I was very successful with Carb Nite (you can check out my journal). My "Golden Ticket" as I referred to it about 4 years ago, was IF, keto/low carb and weekly Carb Nites.

I am planning to have my first CN on Saturday, November 27th.

I would love to join you on this journey.
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Nov-16-21, 15:02

BF:

Welcome Lianne

I’m so glad to have you here on this journey, I love this plan it’s the only one I have been able to stick to.

Golden Ticket…..I love that! It does seem to good to be true. Carb Nite is what makes this plan doable for me and I have no problem going back to LC the next day.

Talk soon
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Nov-17-21, 07:31

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep#17
Carb Nite is what makes this plan doable for me and I have no problem going back to LC the next day.

I remember preparing for my first CN and being really nervous about ending up in a non-stop binge that lead to my old ways. I was so surprised that the same thing happened with me - it was so easy to jump right back LC. Knowing that in 7 days I could again have whatever I wanted helps.

Even when I did vacation protocol a few times it worked really well.

I'm so happy to have someone to share this journey with.
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Nov-17-21, 08:24

BF:

Morning….

I may have my CN on Saturday this week that way Thanksgiving will be day 5. I’ve never had a CN sooner than 6 days but I want to enjoy Thanksgiving. I was also thinking of skipping my CN this weekend knowing that I will be eating a lot on Thursday. I’ll see how it goes probably go by how I’m feeling. If I skip it that will put me at 11 days.

What is vacation protocol? Is that in the book? I don’t remember it.

Enjoy the day
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Nov-17-21, 18:52

BF:

Kiefer talked about it at his body.io site, but I see that the site is down. I did my own modified protocol back in 2016. Within a week I had my son's Grade 12 grad, my parents' 50th wedding anniversary and a concert to attend. Here is a snip from my journal:

Saturday - ULC (Morning weight: 203.0)
Sunday - Russell's Grad BBQ - Fast/ULC till BBQ and then enjoy (Morning weight: 203.0)
Monday - ULC (Morning weight: 205.6)
Tuesday - ULC (Morning weight: 204.4)
Wednesday - Russell's Grad Banquet - fast/ULC till banquet then enjoy (Morning weight: 202.0)
Thursday - ULC (Morning weight: 200.4)
Friday - Mom & Dad's 50th Anniversary celebration - fast/ULC till event then enjoy
Saturday - rescheduled Meat Loaf concert - fast/ULC till supper then enjoy
Sunday-Friday - ULC
Saturday, July 9 - return to scheduled CNs
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Nov-18-21, 05:43

BF:

Ok thanks, you really did well with the modified week even lost some and enjoyed all your events. It’s nice to know we can mix it up at times.

Going to get some snow tonight they’re calling for lake effect and I’m hoping we don’t get it. I have a deck box out front for packages and the porch is not covered so I have to keep all the snow shoveled for the delivery’s. I also have Walmart+ and get free delivery of groceries. I really do most of my shopping myself but when it’s bad weather it’s nice to have.

Later
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Nov-18-21, 13:00

BF:

We've had a blizzard here Tuesday-Wednesday. High winds and lots of snow. I've shoveled the last 2 days. Enjoy doing it when it's not too cold and it's a good workout.
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Nov-21-21, 09:08

BF:

Morning

It’s my weigh in today and I’m down another 2 pounds. I’m happy with that although I don’t think that will continue. I’m figuring 1 pound a week or maybe 2 one week and zero the next. Either will be fine with me as long as I don’t gain anything back

I’m looking forward to thanksgiving and all the good food. We are going over to my sons and he always puts out hors d’oeuvres and a great thanksgiving spread.
I’m bringing the desserts and that will be pies, ice cream and whipped cream for the top. I’m picking up the pies this week so they’re fresh…….I love warm apple pie with French vanilla ice cream

Have a great day………GO BILLS!!!🏈🏈
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Nov-22-21, 06:59

BF:

Good morning!

Congrats on your loss this week. That's great.

Your Thanksgiving feast sounds delicious.

I'm heading out to my parents' this weekend to celebrate my Mom's 75th birthday. I will have my first Carb Nite on Saturday. Looking forward to it already.