Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Sat, Feb-05-05, 13:10
Smilie Queen

Plan: Atkins/SB
Stats: 140/128.5/? Female 5'5"
BF:33%/27/22%
Progress: 60%

I ran out of the Hoodoba I was using, and decided to try the Source Naturals as they had it at the health food store. I think it's great!! It's sooo much cheaper than the Hoodoba ($20/60 pills vs. $39.95). Plus, I was taking 6 of the Hoodoba a day and only need 3 of the SN. It is so nice to see it in stores.
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Sat, Feb-05-05, 13:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/150.5/135 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 38%

What store was it in?
  #108   ^
Old Sat, Feb-05-05, 17:24
Smilie Queen

I live in S. California and have seen the Source Naturals in Whole Foods, as well as 2 other health/vitamin stores. I had ordered some online - 120 tablets for $26, but like everyone else, it is taking FOREVER, so I picked up a bottle of 60 tablets. At the vitamin store, which usually discounts it was $20.00. Every March I go to the Whole Foods Expo which is a huge convention in Anaheim and I am sure I will see a lot of it there. I always see new products there that take about 6 months to get into all the stores.
  #109   ^
Old Sun, Feb-06-05, 08:10

Plan: low carb
Stats: 173/135.8/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%

I'm getting some Hoodia today at GNC. The guy I talked to said it had 400 mg. per capsule and you're suppose to take 2. I was wondering what you all are taking daily-- 800 mg? Thanks.
  #110   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-05, 15:11

Stats: 159/141.7/130 Female 5'7"
BF: LOTS!

The tablets I'm taking are 400 mg. I typically take one (just as I leave work) -- plus I take one of the Source Natural ones (500 mg of the stem extract 20:1). I'm not sure if the stem extract 20:1 stuff works, I've read a lot about it not -- but I will use up the bottle rather than throwing it away! LOL!

The new ones that I have (Desert Burn, I think) are 800 mg (or somewhere around that) -- I haven't started that bottle yet.

I think the thing to do is take one and see if it works; if it does, stay there. Else, take 2 and see how that affects your appetite -- etc.

Anyway, I'm down a bit more -- 146.5 pounds!!!!!
  #111   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-05, 16:43
Smilie Queen

I am taking one 250mg Source Naturals tablet 3 times a day, and it's working great!
  #112   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-05, 16:44

is your source Naturals the same as mine -- a 20:1 stem extract????
  #113   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-05, 17:05
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 305/250/210 Male 75 inches
BF:leaner
Progress: 58%
Default No longer at Whole Foods

The wife and I went to Whole Foods in Los Angeles looking for Hoodia (Source Naturals) and there is actually a sign up on the supplement isle where the Hooida supply used to be - it says that they cleared their shelves and will not sell it until they can be sure it meets their high standards.

Any other suggestions where I can get the Source NAturals in LA?

Thanks
  #114   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-05, 17:16
Smilie Queen

BKM: yes, the tablets.

Scratchems: If you are in the Valley, I can tell you of 2 places to go to get it.
  #115   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-05, 17:55
Registered Member

I am near Hancock Park but can get to the valley pretty easy - where might I find the extract? Any thoughts as to why Whole Foods would put that sign up? Thanks!
  #116   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-05, 18:05
Smilie Queen

Scratchems: It will be a drive.... but Accent on Health on Devonshire and Reseda in Northridge is where I got mine. They also have it at Vitamin Barn on Sherman Way and Shoup (just west of Topanga) in Canoga Park. I used to live right near Hanock Park but can't think of a closer place off the top of my head. You might want to try Erewhon on Beverly. As to Whole Foods, I have no idea. I haven't been to the one near me in a week, but the last time I was there, they had it - I will be going there soon and will check it out. I have tried many different kinds of hoodia (been taking it for a year) and I am extremely happy with the Source Naturals. I am especially happy that I only need 3 of those suckers vs. the 6 a day I was taking.

BKM: are you taking the tablets or capsules? Is it not working at all for you?
  #117   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-05, 18:11
Registered Member

HEY thanks so much for the info! I will take a trip over to Erewhon and see if they have it. Northridge is a bit of a hike!

So, the Source NAturals is the best one to take? I am excited to try it!
  #118   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-05, 18:43
Smilie Queen

No problem. I am the happiest with the Source Naturals, but I don't know what results other people have had. Good luck!
  #119   ^
Old Tue, Feb-08-05, 09:47

Default Source Naturals

I really don't know if the Source Naturals is working or not -- I started with it (while waiting for my original order through hoodiahoodia.com) and it seemed to be effective.

But then I kept reading that the stem extract 20:1 formulation may not have any actual hoodia in it, so I sort of put this one "on the back burner" and went over to the other stuff.

So what I do is take one tab of the "pure hoodia powder" capsules (400mg each) and 1 of the Source Naturals (stem extract 20:1) tabs (250mg each).

I really can't say which is working, I just know that it is working and I have no intention of playing around with it at this point!

I am interested in those taking the Source Naturals tabs -- are they the same as mine (the stem extract)? And if they seem to be working for you, then I will order more and continue with them too!

Shortly I will run out of the hoodiahoodia.com capsules -- I have already ordered and received some from Desert Burn (supposedly the pure powder, I think each tab is 750mg??? -- not sure and they're at home). I did not re-order from hoodiahoodia.com because my original order was so messed up, took well over a month with a lot of emails and "re-orders" before I got a bottle.

I didn't lose any weight this morning, but I seem to lose a bit, then stabilize, then lose a bit.... I'm really hoping the losing will continue! Tomorrow we have to take a day off and run into San Antonio, will stop and eat out (Texas Land & Cattle) -- I love their food, will get the smoked sirloin -- and I'll see just how much the hoodia reduces my appetite with a large steak serving in front of me!
  #120   ^
Old Tue, Feb-08-05, 15:09
Smilie Queen

I love the Source Naturals. It sounds like we are taking the same kind: http://www.smartbomb.com/sn1879.html I haven't heard that the stem 20:1 is ineffective, and like I said, I have tried a bunch of different ones. This is the first one that I only need a few tablets a day. I was spending $130/month on the other hoodia The dose on the S.N. bottle says 2 tablets = 500mg, but I only take one at a time and it makes me so not hungry I have to force myself to eat dinner. Like most here, I take it so I don't snack and graze, but lately I don't even want meals - which for now, is A-OK. I can see cutting back in the future, however and maybe just taking one in the morning and one in the evening. Maybe try the products seperately to see how your appetite does. I am curious how it would work.