Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Breakfast Ideas
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-13, 18:17

Plan: General LC/ Keto
Stats: 160/154/128 Female 169cm
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default Induction friendly waffles

Hey guys, today is my second day of induction and I woke up wanting something a little bit sweet... So I whipped this up and they're actually pretty good! I have only made waffles a couple of times- last week being one of them (high carb naughty ones for my husband- I couldn't eat them off induction anyway as I'm gluten intolerant). Anyway, thought why not try making some induction friendly ones??

These don't puff up a lot but I didn't use baking powder, not sure if that would make a big difference or not. It's a single serve recipe and I got 5 waffles out of it! Also snuck in my induction allowance of flax (no way will I drink that in water lol!)

2 eggs, separated
60g cream cheese, softened
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp sweetener of choice (I use xylitol)
1 1/2 tbsp. golden flax meal
1 tbsp. heavy cream
Pinch of salt

Separate the eggs and set the yolks aside. Start beating your whites to firm peaks (I let my stand beater go to work for around 5mins). Meanwhile soften your cream cheese and mix with your yolks and the cream, then add all other ingredients. Fold the whites into the mixture and add to your waffle maker per manufacturers instructions!

Nutrition info Not including butter for greasing or any toppings
Calories 483 Fat 38g Carb 8g Fibre 6g Protein 23g

So 2g net carbs!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-11-13, 12:19

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 195/178.6/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 36%

will give this a shot soon