Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 12:38

Plan: atkins diet
Stats: 136.4/134.2/121.0
BF:
Progress: 14%
Unhappy I ate club social crackers, do I have to start induction all over again??

Hello,
I lose weight very, very slow, in comparison to stories that i had read in this support group. Today I had nothing for breakfast and I end up eating 2 small package ( 31 g each ) of nabisco crackers. It was so quick that after I ate, I felt terrible!!

I felt like my 2 weeks of induction eating only meat ( which I hate!) were pointless since now I have to start all over again.

Is that how it works? Do I have to be in 2 whole weeks of induction to be in ketosis again??
Is there anyway to burn faster this damn carbs I ate??
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 12:44

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%
Default Re: I ate club social crackers, do I have to start induction all over again??

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeannie
I felt like my 2 weeks of induction eating only meat ( which I hate!) were pointless since now I have to start all over again.

Are you sure you read the book?

You ate only meat for two weeks? That isn't Atkin's diet. My suggestion would be to re read your book and follow it exactly. There are required veggies and salads to eat on a daily basis.

Speed up carb burn? Try exercising perhaps?
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 13:43

Plan: atkins diet
Stats: 136.4/134.2/121.0
BF:
Progress: 14%

Thank you for your support. I will re read the book.

P.S. " I only ate meat" means: my diet was 98% protein and 2% carbs =20 g (carbs in veggies) and for someone who does not like meat, it is hard.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 13:50

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

The diet is more like 70 to 80 percent fat, 20 to 25 percent protein and 5 percent carbs.

That is why I believe you should re read the book.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 13:55

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Agonycat is right, Jeannie. You are playing with fire when you do LC w/o a plan. There are things you must eat and things you must drink - this is your health we are talking about.

Do yourself some good and get your book out. It is a small price to pay for your future health and well being.

Nat
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 17:33

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Also, be sure you've got the current version of the book. You don't want to miss the opportunity to benefit from all the fine tuning and tweaking that has gone on over the years.

Don't skip breakfast. If you MUST skip a meal - don't let it be breakfast.