Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Fibromyalgia, CFS, S.A.D.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-26-06, 15:03

Plan: none yet
Stats: 220/220/180 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Food Allergy Testing?

Just wondering if any of you who have FM and IBS have had food allergy testing? This is something I want to get done for me and my daughter who has Crohn's and chronic miagraine headaches. The test that sounds the best is called Elisa, but I just read on someone else thread about that test being done to check for Lyme?

Sweet
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-26-06, 20:59
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Allergy is different than an intolerance. Enterolab.com does intolerance testing. I think the ELISA test has problems. Not real accurate. I've read various things.

I know a lot of people who cured their migraines by getting off wheat. Intestinal disorders too.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Aug-26-06, 21:03
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

I had it food allergies but it is not a guarentee of what you really react to. They also did patch test and injections to get the whole picture. A full blood test should include IgE and IgG antibodies; that will sensitivities and allergies.

Antibody testing can be used for immune reactions to many things, like HIV, west nile, hepatitis.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-02-06, 12:15
Elevator, Going Down

Plan: Natalia Rose Detox
Stats: 264/241/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 19%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbon
Just wondering if any of you who have FM and IBS have had food allergy testing? This is something I want to get done for me and my daughter who has Crohn's and chronic miagraine headaches. The test that sounds the best is called Elisa, but I just read on someone else thread about that test being done to check for Lyme?

Sweet

Just thought I'd point this out - they only test for certain substances... so if you aren't allergic to what they test for, it comes out negative.

My daughter and I have had blood tests and stick tests and come out negative, but have all the allergy symptoms you could ever want (or perhaps more symptoms than you could ever want)...

Good luck with it, it works for some people. If I hadn't already done it, I would try it now myself.... as it is, I know I am allergic to things - like artificial colors, especially red 40 and red 27.

But if it comes out negative, don't believe that you aren't allergic to anything...