Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-12-12, 20:44
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%
Default Peach/Raspberry Cheese Tart

These can be done with all sorts of fruit! I used what I had on hand today.
I bought a few lovely small peaches today and decided to make a cheesecake fruit tart. I’ve been wanting to use my 4 new Wilton mini-tart pans I bought recently. So as to make a large tart and 4 mini tarts, I decided to mix up basically 1½ recipes of Linda Sue’s Cheesecake Pudding recipe (with some changes), 1½ recipes of my Pecan Pie Crust , and top off one of the minis with fresh sliced peaches, one mini with strawberry slices, one mini with raspberries, one mini with purple grape halves and left the large tart plain vanilla. Pineapple cubes or kiwi slices would have been nice, but I didn’t have any on hand. This came out FANTASTIC with the pecan crust! My husband emphatically said “This one’s a ‘keeper’”. We liked the peach version the best. This recipe is not suitable until the highest fruits rung of the Atkins OWL ladder, in pre-maintenance. If you prefer, you can use full-fat cream cheese, but I am close to goal and must watch calories as well these days. Nutritional info is calculated using the fat-free version. The different fruits only change the nutritional counts by a couple calories and only fractions of a carb, so I’m not going to provide the numbers for all the fruit variations possible here. You can half this recipe and just make the large tart if you prefer.

CRUST:

1 3/4 c. + 2T. finely ground pecans
4½ T. unsalted butter softened
1½ packets Stevia
1/4 c +2T. flax meal (I used mostly dark mixed with a little golden)

Combine all crust ingredients in a bowl (I chopped nuts and mixed in a food processor) and slightly press half of it into the bottom of an 11″ tart pan and the remaining half equally into four 4″ mini tart pans. Bake all on a sheet pan in 375º oven for 10-11 minutes to slightly toast pecans to bring out their flavor. Do not over brown or the pecans will become bitter! Cool and fill nearly to top with cheesecake filling below.

FILLING:

8 oz. fat-free cream cheese, softened
6 oz. sour cream
4 oz. Greek yogurt (I used Oikos)
2½ tsp. vanilla
3/4 c. erythritol
4 pkts. stevia
1/4 tsp. glucomannan powder or xanthan gum (optional but helps thicken)
1½ c. whipping cream, whipped

DIRECTIONS: While crusts cool, whip the whipping cream in a medium mixing bowl until very thick and set aside. In another bowl, beat all other filling ingredients together until smooth. Fold the whipped cream into the cheese mixture and mix until smooth. Carefully spoon the filling gently into the pecan crusts trying not to dislodge any crust as you spread it with a rubber spatula. There should be ample filling for the large tart and four mini tarts. Top with slices of 3/4 fresh, peeled peach, or 21 raspberries, 21 seedless grape halves, 2 sliced strawberries, some pineapple chunks or kiwi slices). Chill 1 hour before serving. I found the mini tarts served two people just fine and slid half of it onto a plate with a knife. These are quite rich and extremely filling. the large tart will make 8 nice servings. Here’s a pic of the raspberry tart:

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes one 8-serving 11″ tart and four 4″ mini tarts that will each serve 2 people. That is a total of 16 servings for the recipe as written. Each of the 16 servings contains:

261 calories
25 g fat
5.59 g carbs, 2.26 g fiber, 3.33 g NET CARBS
5.43 g protein
104 mg sodium
61 mg potassium
22% RDA Vitamin A, 6% B12, 51% copper, 43% manganese, 12% phosphorous, 18% thiamin
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-12-12, 21:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 204/150/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Oh my! Those little gems look scrumptious!!

Not familiar with those pans; how small are they?
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-12-12, 22:19
Patience Personified

Well the peach one sure was, Chris. Haven't tasted the raspberry yet. That's for breakfast tomorrow. The big one is for company we're having to dinner tomorrow night. The large one is 11" across and the smaller ones are 4". I found them on clearance at a Marshall's store, I believe. The brand is Wilton, who make all the cake baking/decorating pans. http://search.wilton.com/?q=tart+pans
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-13-12, 08:54

Plan: south beach
Stats: 168/168/125 Female 4'11
BF:
Progress: 0%

Save me some......lol
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-13-12, 09:01
Patience Personified

We polished off the two mini strawberry tarts for breakfast. Isn't it sinful that on Atkins, we don't have to feel compelled to eat breakfast foods at breakfast. LOLOLOL I just LOVE my Atkins WOE!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jul-14-12, 10:31
Registered Member

Plan: SBD
Stats: 314/230.4/150 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 51%

Haha! I know what you mean! Your tarts look sinfully gorgeous! So happy they are angelically healthy though!!!
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jul-14-12, 13:24
Patience Personified

We split the raspberry tart after lunch today. This crust keeps well underneath this filling. Not getting soggy at all.