Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2056   ^
Old Fri, Jul-26-19, 18:36

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Jaz---Thinking about you and waiting to hear about Helen and your adventures there. Sometimes a one/two day trip is a real refresher and feels like you've been gone a lot longer.

Nic---Sorry about your back. Ugh, I hate it when I overdo, and when it's your back it can really put you down.

Oh, and YAY for "the twinge." It can grow! I've so been where you are in this last year. One foot sorta on board, but not the other one. I will tell you this. I absolutely feel better since I've re-committed. I mean physically. My rate of weight loss is far from fast, but the daily lack of bloat is not to be underestimated in how one feels. After I went LC 7 years ago now, I realized that I had lived w/that feeling almost every day of my life. It was an eye opener.

Trig---I think I didn't say it right, but actually you and I are exactly alike in that when we're busier we don't obsess on food. Too much chill for me equals thoughts of food, LOL.

Man, thanx for sharing the story of your neck surgery. What an odyssey you went through. But the great thing is it worked! I love the part about how you just woke up one day and the pain was gone. I have actually experienced that as well and it's amazing.

Hahahahahaha on the kiddo's Xmas list. Funny thing is, I have this thing where in I love to watch Xmas movies in July. Yep. When it's really Xmas time it's so all over that I find it harder to be charmed. And I had just finished watching an oldie but goody called Christmas in Connecticut w/Barbara Stanwyck (told you it was an oldie, but it's really fun) the night before I read your post.

Lori---Sounds like you guys are having a very fun night w/your fam. Oh, and btw, a good phlebotomist is so worth "profuse thanx." My veins are thin and man, I've gotten poked all to heck and back so many times.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good day for me. I got out and did some errands, and made it fun by stopping into some of my fave junk shops. I find the most amazing things for next to nothing in these places. But it's not like they're hanging off every branch, you have to love the hunt. And I do.

Got some great earrings for $5 a pair, and a fantastic old magazine w/a cover that is so gorgeous, in mint condition. Total for day's shopping---$18. I just love that one can always afford a treasure if one knows where to look.

Then came home, jumped into my swim suit and aqua gear and went down to the pool. I am loving the aqua belt because I can chat w/the gals in the pool AND keep my heart rate up, AND work my arms and legs like crazy. So I ended up going 45 minutes strong today. It is a great way to avoid getting bored. Still love my pool jog, but this is a great alternative.

Very good day on plan. Will be in around 20 carbs.
Sponsored Links
  #2057   ^
Old Sat, Jul-27-19, 05:34

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jaz you sound super duper tired, and when in that mode you can go off the rails. Scary tho for us super duper very low carb/zero carb types.....if I go off the rails bad it takes a lot of time for me to get back into my good zone......grab onto any and all great zero carb foods ya love and eat the hell out of them to get ya back on plan Get the ribs....the shrimp....the crab....the salmon or whatever it takes. buy good zero meats and eat up as much as ya need....gotta flush out that sugar outta ya been there, I know...I hope you get some down time and sleep for heaven's sake til ya feel good and remember, you now gotta get that nasty sugar outta ya too LOL so a few days of super duper great zero carb eating and good sleep you should be ok!!

you losing your phone is like me losing an arm

Blue, I am an old movie fan to the max. I watch TCM all the time, in fact last night I watched The Women....omg I seen it a zillion times and still love it...Norma Shearer and Joan Crawford and Rosalind Russell....just a great movie and I just am mesmerized on how they ACT then vs. how we ACT now....just crazy but oldies are my fav! Love Barbara big time, she made a ton of great ones!

nice thing about the neck surgery....it was very long ago now....and it worked so well LOL I don't ever want that again

what I did like was I got the best neck guy....went in and he saw my scans and said I know what ya got, we will do XYZ and you will be fine and it all goes down like now and I was like, wow, take control and get'er done guy and he kept his word I loved his confidence and directness and once I liked him I sure trusted him alot more. when dealing with a neck trouble go to the best Dr you got in your area....heck for any big med troubles I would think we should do that always

you sure do love your pool....so happy you got that with your new digs!!

and spending less than $20 on a shop trip....darn good!!

hey all
nothing much
sticking wtih shrimp (maybe crab), eggs, bacon, broth, chicken, sardines and ''controlled'' steak as my go to foods for the day. I am dropping pork and slim jims and cheese for a bit and just relying on these foods I got listed and so far I stayed on those foods only yesterday

so today I got some broth later with 2-3 scrambled eggs
dinner I got a big old chicken breast to sautee in big of cajun seasoning and I MIGHT pair that with a few shrimp as a side.

so far so good, we shall see where we do get on all this

nothing much to do
SUV back, they put in a sensor they weren't sure was bad, but what the heck, they didn't know what to change so they just did that.....useless LOL who knows, will drive and see what happens. best be good or I am trading this sucker fast. I don't do bad vehicles ever. just wait and see game

swim later
nice day

gotta vacuum the house and other chores, nothing big but I am pushed to clean a bit..ugh, hate cleaning

great day all
  #2058   ^
Old Sat, Jul-27-19, 05:35

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Jaz.....I don't think your week off has turned out like you planned. Sounds like you had a day and a half yesterday! Hope you had a good night's sleep and feel better this morning.

I, too, was exhausted last night. I had quite a pummeling at the Sports Chiro yesterday morning. She has this thing she calls a massage gun and oh man....that thing pounds the heck out of you. Then she starts digging into muscles and moving my arm. It is rough. Who knew there were so many muscles in your armpit????? ACK!!!!!!!!!! I have black and blue marks from yesterday.

I was a tired girl till I got dinner dishes finished last night. Dinner was so, so good. The chicken and burgers on the grill were perfect and they said the corn was good. I didn't have any corn. I was going to, but just decided chicken and my zucchini alfredo were enough. Surprisingly, both DS & DGS ate some of my "noodles". The ingredients and recipe were in my Green Chef box this week. Quite tasty.

I had another successful fast day yesterday. Made it 18 hours. I may break it a bit early today just to shake things up. I've fasted at least 15 hours every day this week. I like how this app I'm using keeps track of all that info.

I may do some laundry today, but won't be doing much else. Heat & humidity is creeping back in.....good bye fresh air! The past couple days have been lovely.

Ok gang.....need some more coffee. Have a good day.
  #2059   ^
Old Sat, Jul-27-19, 07:52

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Blue- Oh girl, you wrote about LC on your 7/25 post and it so resonated with me on all levels. I just reread it. I have been far from the flock recently but mama's trying to come back!

The whole adjustment/transition/restless thing also really resonates with me. Big changes are coming rapidly down the pike as you all know and I think I am already preemptively reacting. Change is always hard, whether it is things you can't control or things you can. But we can do this together and we always have this group here for support!

Hang in there, dear friend of mine!

Glad you found a couple of special treats at the thrift shops. What will you do with the magazine cover? LOVE how you are loving your aqua belt! I have been really missing the pool with all the talk about how much you are loving yours this year!

Trig- Thank you SO MUCH for all you wrote about your neck surgery and recovery. If DH goes the surgery route he will definitely be going to the back neck way. I told him about what you said and about having the best surgeon. He says he is really confident in his. If it were me I'd get my ass over to Johns Hopkins but he's a very smart guy so if he says he researched then I guess he did.

The recovery sounds horrific. I can't imagine him going through it honestly. I have no idea when and how he would. And I can't see how he could do any work through that time either. I have no idea what in the world to think! Of course I will support him at any time with it, but I just know him.. with the job and the AHLA presidency.. it is hard enough to get him to take off a few days here or there and he usually works some even through that.

You're the best- thank you!

Oh- and glad you finally got your SUV back.. even though it sounds like they didn't actually know what was wrong with it? I know it is close to coming up on the end of the warranty so I sure do wish they had figured it out!

Lori- NO you are not old but I will admit that I forget that you aren't my age!
Your food choices with the zucchini Alfredo and so forth sound really lovely. I still probably would have had to have a bite or two of summer corn but it will be here for a bit and you were happy with what you had- good on you!

Wow on the black and blue! That does NOT sound fun at all! But it seems to be working for you and that is good news!

Jaz- Bless your heart!! You have had a rough time of it the past couple of days and this is supposed to be your time off! Losing a phone is very disconcerting to be sure. Glad you finally got it back in hand. I have left it behind before and I hate that feeling! Hugs to you!

••••••

It has been a weird few days around here since I got back from NYC. I went out and did that weeding the other day and man oh man was I in some pain from that. Today finally I have more or less full range of motion. Then I had a random stomach ache yesterday afternoon for a few hours out of nowhere. And before all that I had the vertigo which I am still feeling very leery from. Plus I have a little head congestion going on- minor but persistent. All this is making me feel very wimpy and old! I am not used to having things go wrong and feeling like I have to be careful with myself and I DO NOT LIKE IT SAM I AM!

Honestly it is making me feel like a hypochondriac, which I know I'm not but I'm super oversensitive to.

Anyway, moving on.. I am going to get out and mow the lawn today. It isn't too high but it has been since before NYC and I wanted to get it done a few days ago. So that is the plan for the day.

Other than that, I need to start working on my CASA court report- that is due in a few days.

I think part of what has me feeling so mentally wonky is that I have a bunch of big stuff coming up and it's hanging over my head til it gets here- DS17 coming back and getting him going on his summer reading, college apps etc. DS20 coming back and getting him prepped and off for his trip to Europe-- and worrying about what needs to be done, what I don't know needs to be done etc. I have never sent a kid off somewhere having NEVER seen where they are going or at least knowing who they were going with, you know? I've dropped them off at numerous places: Camp, college etc but I'd always both seen it and dropped them off. When DD23 went to Kenya in high school, she went with a group and I knew and trusted those people and that they would be with her and watching out for her. DS20 I will be putting on a plane and sending him off, having never spoken to whomever is supposed to meet him, seen his apartment, seen his college etc. I know things will be fine.. even if things don't go smoothly it will all be worked out, but man it is WEIRD. Tuition hasn't been paid, living arrangements have not been paid.. we have to wait for the folks in Amsterdam to tell us what needs to be done and they are taking their sweet time! He leaves in about two weeks.

Then there's my certification, an online class I am starting in mid-August.. that whole component, which feels exciting but also scary. And of course everything going on with DH and his neck.

So, lots going on here. Blue, you were right saying that I will feel better getting myself back on track. I know that is correct.

Anyway, one day at a time and today is lawn mowing. That I can do!
  #2060   ^
Old Sat, Jul-27-19, 08:29

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Ok- Lets me try this again! This time I have 11.5 hours of sleep in!!!! I feel like yes I hit the wall , but have now bounced back and landed on my feet again. Gosh I needed that rest!!!!!!- This week was nothing as I planned. But hey you know when life hits you in the face sometimes you just have to roll and hope you land out on top!

First- Before I forget what I have just read!!!- HAHAHAHAH- happens a bit lately it seems! -

NIC- I am going to give you unsoclicted advice- GET A 2nd opinion for your DH. I would make SURE- before anybody cut on me!!!!- I would maybe see another neurologist guy- rather than a surgeon. Surgeons believe to cut is to heal- that is what they do!

Thoughts are with you- with ALL you have going on. The DS getting ready to start Senior year, aging parents, DH and this issue and YOU attempting to launch the next chapter. You do all this with so many balls in the air. But I do know this, if anyone can handle it it would be YOU! You know when and where the boundaries need to be put into place, and organized enough to get do what needs your attention.
Yet in all this- You end you post with:- Hitting it hard on Monday! - We WILL restart Challenge Week!!!!- thanks for the reminder it NEEDS to happen!
HUGS MY FRIEND!!!!!!!

TRIG- - YA know I know you have shared many times about your arm ordeal. But I always learn more every time you tell it. What I think is that when we share those things in our life with other it heals us too! - You are a gal that despite it all can seriously relate to others going through medical challenges because you have walked in those shoes! Plus came out on the other side in fine shape!
Buy the way- Giggle- yesterday I was in a surplus store looking for a pink flannel shirt! HAHAHAHAH- I want a good one!

I am very sure that you can come up with something for the kiddo for Christmas! - Those kids always WANT some new of the latest and greatest gadgets.

I also want to thank you for the reminder of eat all I want for 2-3 days of nothing but LC meats to rid of the sugar!!!!!!!!- It does take me a few day of being more lax on amount - when detoxing from an off the rails episode. Takes a minute. - - addressing below!

Any news on the RV- your next adventure is just like 2 weeks out!!!

Lori- - What app are you using to track your info? Does it sound carbs and calories? I know I need to go back to that!
I have had the massage gun- in my neck!!!!- I find it amazing. My Chiro said it "breaks up grizzle" and puts space in your muscle so they can rub it out! I love those!
does your insurance cover the massage part?

I am very happy that Green leaf is working so well with your schedule and time and all! - I think for me, I am so all over the place and didn't eat it fast enough and it went bad. I need to buy smaller amounts for just a day or two. Then shop again- sorta the way Europeans shop. Just enough for a day or two.

I agree that chicken and burgers on the grill are the bomb. Yup- heat and humidity creeping back here as well!!!!!- I don't know about you , but humidity can take it out of me!

BLUE- - I so enjoy your Aqua woman posts!!!!!!- I am SO glad you are using and enjoying your pool. I just KNEW you would!!!
So the post that went POOF for me- I spent some time responding to your thoughts about the "Stopping by the woods on a snowy evening". You know so many people have pulled apart that poem and interjected their thoughts about it and the meaning! Which I found so much fun to read, Yes I had to google it. I haven't thought about that poem for years!
But alot of people feel that it is a story of life. I find it so funny that people have even analyzed EVERY word and which was uses and how it was used.
My thought was - what if Robert Frost was just thinking about the woods on a snowy evening and it was just a poem?!?!?- I know Blasphemous right?!?!?- Of course most people read into the line it was evening = meaning middle of the road/ age- and miles to go.
Why was it not morning?, Afternoon, twilight? But early evening- right before dark- but the woods were dark? It was a nice nice break to read and think about! - Thanks for that! The writer in me loved the distraction.

Love "junk shops!"- we have a really nice upscale one near me! I go there a bit! Mostly just to browse. I love to buy books at those shops! Yes I still love a hard book. No kindle for me just yet! I love the feel of pages and binding! - Hard core, old school here!!!!
So glad you found a treasure in your searches!!!!!-

YOU are doing Awesome in your WOE- LCOW- I like you pointed out COW in there! I am feeling every bit of that right now! - You are right about how wonderful the "thinner" feeling is. Keep it going! You will nail that 5 pounds in no time!!!!!!

Greg- HI- jump in as much as you want! - we are chatty here
---------------------------------------------
So Helen didn't happen. But my daughter really needed my help in so many ways this week. I was there 3/5 days and the other 2 days were spent on errands one day and with my mom. NO REST- tons of road time. I have put 976 miles on my car this week.
The emotional toll of this last week got to me, the perfect storm.
I have been reactive rather than proactive. I hate feeling behind the eight ball.

the good news, I actually had the time to help the Greenville crew. But it left me just drained. Then losing my phone just was the final straw! Add no sleep and eating garbage= brick wall. However I got 11.5 hours of sleep last night and don't need to be anywhere until 3 this afternoon. I am taking my mothers husband out for his birthday! Geez, I just took them out! But hey it is a few hours and and when today is over I am back into my time.

Tomorrow is a scheduled pajama day! I am going to get MY day in!!!! This week has been about everyone else.

I am starting the challenge Monday morning SHARP. I NEED it. Today will be a cheeseburger, I scoped the menu and that is a safe order for me.
Then I picked up a pot roast for tomorrow and that will be in the slow cooker with a bit of gravy and I am going to not care if I need a bit more or less. I am detoxing the garbage out like Trig said. Trig is right, for those of us so sensitive it takes a few days to get back to not feel like crap after a derail.

I will tell ya losing my phone without anyway to communicate with anybody was so panic inducing. I don't have a land line and it was a simple mistake that cost me hours of sleep! Thankfully the Urber lady found it and returned it but I didn't sleep until I got it back! I went out to play cards Thursday evening. I even left early so I could sleep. But that was a good lesson for me. It only takes ONCE for something like that!

This morning is flying by! I am having a SLOW Saturday morning. Coffee sipping and just letting the natural light wake me up. It is already 10:30. Watching my HGTV and going to pay bills when done here and read a bit before I head out to mom's. Controlled time.

I will be looking for a new PCP- in the next week. I agree that I just do not want to doctor hop and spend $$$$$$- I can change up PCP's and get back to what I knew worked before and get serious about it.

So ya know, I am ready to start over! I am so glad I have you wonderful group to chat up with! It could be so easy to just go off the rails and stay in that pit! But no- We hold each other up and I just love the ideas, support and chat! - THANK YOU!!!!!!!-

Have a great day!!!!!!-

Last edited by Jaz66 : Sat, Jul-27-19 at 08:51.
  #2061   ^
Old Sat, Jul-27-19, 08:31

BF:

Yea it posted! And I have new posts to read- that were not there when I started!!!!! BONUS!!!
  #2062   ^
Old Sat, Jul-27-19, 17:45

BF:

Back almost 8 pm- feet up and relaxing, and cozy and in for the night.
Dinner was nice. I did the best I could. think I came in around 15-20 tote carbs which for me is a little high- but it is for the entire day- so better than the last few days. tomorrow is right on track as I have a pot roast ready and that will basically be that- maybe some roasted cali if I get motivated. I need a few days to "detox" back to basic food bootcamp 101.

Monday - Challenge day is back!!!!!!!! One day at a time -
Who's in?????????
Have a great night
  #2063   ^
Old Sun, Jul-28-19, 04:34

BF:

Good Morning!

I'm up for the challenge beginning tomorrow Jaz! I have to figure out what my challenges will be. I don't want to load too many on myself or I will rebel. Let's see.....for Monday thru Thursday, I will fast a minimum of 16 hours & eat on plan.

Next weekend is DH's 50th class reunion weekend, so we'll be going out both Friday & Saturday nights, so can't promise to stick to the challenge thru Friday. Such party animals!

DH just pulled out with his boat. He's meeting DS & DGS15 to go fishing on the river. I have a few hours of peace & quiet. I do have to get the washer spinning, but other than that, not much on the agenda today.

Jaz....enjoy your pajama day. Hope nothing happens to interfere with your planned day of rest.

Later all!
  #2064   ^
Old Sun, Jul-28-19, 06:57

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco the thing on the surgery when you need it bad enough ya have it and ya don't care about the down time at that point. I went a few years in miserable pain as the arm died and I pushed it to literally the end when the arm went useless and then I had no choice I just took my 12 week sick leave from work and just stopped life....all one can do in healing and recovery LOL
He will have to decide when he has had enough pain and when the no other choice option kicks in it is a toughie for sure in life but sometimes one has to stop in order to live better down the road!

Your post made me go into anxiety land almost, I can't take a lot on me anymore. And not just on me like ya said, physically have to get things done but the mental part of big changes can just knock ya down also. You are literally walking into that big change time of your life, coming at ya now and being a mom means ya never leave all the worry behind no matter how old they are as you know. just chillax thru it all best ya can!

Jaz gosh almighty get into chillax mode fast as ya can LOL
you are sounding stressed for sure.
feel for ya.
I get into my moods and who knows what triggers it but when I get super wonky I hit the couch and tv and say F life and just stop. Stopping it all is key for me, it lets me just deflate. I need to deflate at times, I found what gets me thru crazy times and you will too

hold strong

Lori the getting out in the boat and fishing a bit sounds like heaven. Wish I had our boat back right now LOL
enjoy your down time alone. I love an empty house to myself

HI Greg and Blue!

nice sunny day
vacuum pool today and few little chores
ain't doing much, not in the mood

omg so need the rv back. waiting on that arm part to come into shop still. leave aug 8 and I got tons to clean from the last trip....ugh....omg anything out of sync just squeezes my last damn nerve to no end anymore.

I gotta work on that LOL

sticking to limited food options and that is going well.
screw the scale, ain't going near it, just eating light and lean and will see if I get anywhere sooner than later down the scale in about a month...by then clothes will tell me

great day all
  #2065   ^
Old Sun, Jul-28-19, 09:11

BF:

Good Sunday morning!

Trig-
You are right!!!! this ol gal needs some down time for sure. Today is the only day it will happen for me. I plan to go nowhere!!! - I have a pot roast I will chunk up and add a tiny bit go gravy and toss it in the pressure cooker and call it a day.

I do have some prep stuff that needs to happen for the up coming week. clothes washed and bed made up eat........ All good. I will walk with the pooch a little.

I would be stressing too if I was leaving on the 8th and the RV wasn't back yet!!!! What takes these people so long. It seems it is always in the shop and you are waiting! What's up with that?

Lean and simple- WAY TO ROLL with that!!!!!! I am right behind ya doing the same thing. Have to!!

Nic- Is your back feeling better? I tell ya, I don't do outdoor anything! I might pull a weed of it is sticking out in my way. Otherwise I hire it done. I am happy though the front get done by the lawn care company for the entire division. But we pay for it in our dues. But it keeps the properties looking well maintained!!!

Are you saying you had vertigo again? - then a stomach ache? Ok the momma nurse in me is worried! When was the last time you saw a doctor for that? You said in NYC it took a couple days to feel better. Goodness............
Top that off with the stuff going on with the DH- you have your hands full. Is your DH leaving all this up to you to make arrangements?
When do your classes start? Aug is around the corner! Hard to believe!

Lori- - I know you will have a great time at the reunion. Where are you going? What are you going to wear?
I am going to enjoy my day in jammies! - but doing laundry like you! Who mows all your grass?

Blue- AKA- Aqua Woman - What is on your agenda for today and the upcoming week? Any cool projects, outings? You are a VERY social creature!
Love you are back on the saddle!!!!- I am so sure your pool time is really helping that! Does your hubby like the pool too?
What does your WOE look like these days? I see you are really tracking! Are you doing the fasting at all?
-----------------------------------------------------------
Hi all- I am rested up and slept almost another 11 hours, two days in a row. Just goes to show how much I needed the rest!

HEADS UP!!!- So I heard in the background something about dog food and pig ear recall. I didn't quite catch it- so I googled it last night! OMG- So first the dog food.
There is a list- to long to put here, 16 different brands are causing CHF and heart failure and sudden death in dogs. My brand was on it. I about fell out on that! I buy her food from a speciality holistist. store and thought I was doing right by her. And it is expensive. Well Going forward I spent a good long time on Your tube last night learning how to make a healthy balanced meal for the pooch. She will be eating pretty much what I eat, minus the spices. I will make a back that will last 4-5 days. And switch it up between beef, chicken and Salmon. She already has a doggie vitamin she takes. I am still researching what else she will need.
This morning she got an egg, broccoli, carrot, rice and turmeric, and olive oil.
Tonight I am giving her salmon and rice and broccoli. 1/2 cup. I just can't deal with all these recalls and dogs dying over crap food.

Now for the pig ears- I picked up 3 of them for her this week. Well now I found out 2 days ago the CDC sent out an alert they are contaminated with salmonella and dogs and people are getting sick.
I tossed the entire bag. I am however taking back my dog food as I JUST bought it on Friday 35 dollars for a 5 pound bag. $$$$ I am going to print off the list and article for the store to see. I know they will refund me, but I don't want any dogs harmed.

Ok, just wanted all of us dog lovers to know. Lori, I don't keep up on kitty stuff you might want to check.

Today is my day. putter putter and more putter and maybe a nap. My car is not going to leave the garage and my front door is staying closed. When I open my front door it is an invitation for the neighbor to drop in, and she does. I am wanting to unplug like TRIG suggested today. Not makeup, no news, just calm and playful music, healthy food and rest, and books. yes I have to prep but it will be an hour or less I look at the work related anything.

OK, so I am thinking about ONE LAST time trying a different dating site for old people like me! The last two were very much a younger crowd. This one is for 50+. I dunno, the bar scene is getting old and hell I get everything else on line, why not that too! HAHAHAHAH
Getting my pennies out Blue........Is it really this frekin hard at this age?

Off to marinate my meat and toss my sheets and towels into the washer!
Back later!!!!
Have a great day
  #2066   ^
Old Sun, Jul-28-19, 09:47
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 198/195/156 Male 69.5 inches
BF:26.5/26.5/21.5
Progress: 7%

Worked hard yesterday on grouting the new bathroom, still one more wall and some base to do. we will get there. I ran my best yesterday. It was cool and I did 2.7 miles in 32 minutes. Running again this afternoon at 4. Should be quite hotter, but I need to show up. My diet has been great in the morning and evening, got to make sure I am prepared in the afternoon for some lunch, but so far so good.
Steadyed 185-2=183; 8 pounds to go, 35 days. I can do it.
  #2067   ^
Old Sun, Jul-28-19, 10:57

BF:

Back again!

Jaz....class reunion is just here in our little town. We only have to drive about a mile to the festivities! DH is sort of in charge, so I'll be left to my own devices most of the evening. I know a few of the people, but these are DH's friends from school. There will be a bar, that's all I know! I'll see if I can find the link for the dress I'm going to wear..I'll email it if I can find it. It's from the Loft.

I just started a Poshmark closet today. I have so many clothes that I don't wear, and I love to get new stuff when I find a deal, so I decided, why not? It's free to list stuff and if I make a few bucks, it's all worth it. Gives me something to do too. I listed about 8 items so far. My goal is to list 10 or so every morning until I get my closet pared down. I know I'll be surprised at what all I find in the back of my walk in closet.

Fishermen had no luck this morning, but they spent some time together on the water. I got all my laundry finished while they were out and now we're just relaxing. Getting hot & humid out there.

Trig..hope you soon get that RV back! Geez....don't they know that you have to get ready to hit the road??

Tonight we're having leftover chicken from our cookout the other night and sweet corn. I'll probably eat a couple ears, even though it is not good for my waist line.

It's been a long day as I was up before 5:30 this morning(after getting up at 4 to let the cat out). DH had the alarm set for 5:30 and I said the heck with it, I might as well get up too.

A nap sounds pretty good right now.

Later!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Mon, Jul-29-19 at 05:10.
  #2068   ^
Old Sun, Jul-28-19, 18:06

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Jazz---We cross posted last time, so wanted to say bummer in the summer on the staycay that ended up more stressful than it should have been. :/ Between your daughter's situation and an overdose of mom and the hubby and !driving it's almost enough to make work look better. LOL, I said almost.

This is a problem I've noted w/staycays. You're still there to do everything that might need to be done. Which is lucky for your daughter and family and I'm sure you felt good about being there, and of course there's always the silver lining, your darlin' grands. Still, note to self, sometimes to truly get away from it all you have to truly go away! Sounds like you're feeling much more rested and back on the wagon. Yay you!

Wow, that dog food thing is scary. We have always given our dogger healthy human food. She gets dog food but doesn't eat a lot of it if there's better human scraps to be had. LOL, we're the heathens that have always fed our dogs from the table, but we train them how to do this in a polite fashion. Both would/will sit next to one of us and wait for a treat, which they both would/will eat daintily off the tip of a fork. They never bother our guests, they know this means a scolding and no more food. Our current dogger, blind and old can still do this as if sitting at a 5 star restaurant. Her nose leads the way. Haha, at least we've never given them a seat and place setting.

Nic---While on the dog subject wanted to answer your question. Our gal is doing pretty darn well. We have her AND US in our new place routine. For so many years we just opened up the door and out she ran into our big fenced in yard. Oh and run she did! Like a dog track, around and around the house, ears flying. She loved that, she was a dogger of high spirits. SIGH. That's all gone now. Blind dogs don't run of course, and they rarely ever bark either. She also doesn't have any interest in walks anymore, which she used to love, but now has to be dragged along, so we have just bowed to who she is now and chosen not to drag her anywhere except out to poop and pee.

OTOH, she loves her car rides and we take her everywhere we can, weather permitting. She still loves to hang her head out the window and feel the wind. She still loves us and will give kisses upon demand. She is happiest when we are both here, she absolutely knows when one of us is gone, particularly her dad. She loves laying/sleeping on the rug in front of the oven when something that smells good is cooking.

All in all we feel she still has a "good enough" quality of life. She'll be 16 this thanksgiving. We are both very invested in keeping an eye on that QOL and will make our decisions accordingly.

So, long answer, but thanx for asking and good for me to type out my thoughts. I just lovz her so much, and my hubby---well, she is really his sweetheart. One of the hard things about knowing the sands are running out of her hourglass is that it is doubtful we will get another dog. For a couple of good reasons. And that stabs my heart. Sorry for the sad stuff.

Oh girl, you've got it goin' on! That's a lot of stressors you listed. Particularly w/your hubby's neck issues and what to do and when. The other stuff will come and go and knowing you, you'll pretty much sail thru it once you set your mind to it. The possibility of a longer medical situation w/hubby probably sits above it all like a possible storm cloud moving in.

So, I'm hoping for you that you guys get a treatment diagnosis, the sooner the better, even if you choose not to act on it immediately. But knowing what it's going to be and what it's going to take, and setting plans in motion to make it work as smoothly as possible could remove a lot of "background" stress and put you guys on the road in the driver's seat.

Trig---Oh, "The Women!" I too have seen that one at least 3 times, and always love it. And you're right, the way things were "acted" then was quite different. Ha, my son won't watch this stuff w/me. He says "Mom, who talks like that?" But I love it because it's like being a bug on the wall of a different time and place. I love looking at the clothing and decor and cars and just everything that speaks of another time. Closest thing to a time machine we're gonna get.

Lori---You are such an "influencer." You're always on the latest stuff. Had never heard of Poshmark, so googled it. Very interesting. Will look forward to hearing more about how this works for you.

steadyed--- Again, you seem in a very good place. I can hear your confidence.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have had a lovely weekend, but the best was my hubby's movie party yesterday.

Our place has a "movie room." It is fab. Huge screen TV, 10 comfy theater chairs, as well as other tables and chairs that can be pulled up, full kitchen and gorgeous views all around---although also great filter shades that come down at the press of a button to make it comfortably dim to watch a movie.

When hubby first saw that, he said "I'm going to do movie parties here." He is a movie fan to the max! Took him a bit to get it going, but he had his first one yesterday. He invited 10 friends, and made a yummy picnic lunch. Everyone got there at noon and noshed and chatted. Movie started at 1PM.

And oh my, the movie was one of the best I've seen in forever. Definitely now on my top 10 movies of all time---not that you could actually ever really name you're top 10, or at least I couldn't, but when I see one as good as this one it is nice to just throw it on your "generic top 10."

"Green Book." Not new, but not that old either. Was a sleeper till it won some unexpected oscars last year, but is still a bit of a sleeper in terms of people who have not seen it. Too many of those, and they are really missing something. Half those at hubby's party had not seen it, including me. The other half had seen it, a couple more than twice.

For me, this movie has it ALL. It is brilliantly acted and shot. It is HI-larious at times, poignant, dear, sweet, angering, and redemptive at other times. From the moment it started I just fell in and it only got better and better and better.

If you go and read the premise, you may say meh. I had heard of it, and didn't feel driven to see it. Now that I have, I say run don't walk to watch it.

Yesterday was a treat day, but happy to report not a MONDO treat day. I am working on this---The idea that a treat day/meal doesn't have to be a hog wilder, or more often for me, even a half hog wilder.

When I get to a treat day, my evil twin often whispers in my ear, "better eat more now, because tomorrow the door clanks shut again for days!"

Yeah, I laugh, but there is truth here. It is not rare for me to think, better have another helping, or another bite, or another anything not on plan, because the sands in the hour glass are running out!

So, I would describe yesterday as a "baby treat day." And that's where I'd like to end up more of the time on treat days. Back on plan today---and I notice it is much easier to get back on plan after a "baby treat day" then after a mondo treat Day. Which btw, for me, we are talking about dinner, always, and then what treats I might snatch after it before the sands run out.

Last edited by Blue52 : Sun, Jul-28-19 at 18:21.
  #2069   ^
Old Mon, Jul-29-19, 05:11

BF:

GOOD MONDAY CHALLENGE DAY 1
Are we ready?!?!?!?- I totally slacked last week in oh so many ways! Way back on track as of yesterday. Believe it or not the entire dog food thing gave me a wake up call. I had to fix her some healthy "people" food this weekend. I am taking the dog food back I JUST got on Thurs. and letting them know it is on the recall list!

But the point was how can I give her the very best healthy food. So she ate what I ate, but I added a small bit of rice to hers. So this morning she got leftover pot root, 1/2 boiled egg, spoonful of rice, bone broth over it. She loved it. But if I am feeding her only the best that needs to apply to myself as well!

BLUE-
- I loved hearing about your dogger and can picture her waiting patiently for her turn for food!!!! - I love that even in her later years your dogger knows where to get cozy in from of an oven!!! HAHAHA-
Oh the movie room!!! I SURE know those!!! Awesome! So the apt complex I was in actually charged to rent out the movie room. Is yours free?
I actually had not heard of that movie. I am always up for a good movie. So I take it it is rentable if your hubby got it.
Did I read that HE made lunch for 10 of his buddy's? Wow!!!!

Lori- - I bet you are up, with coffee in hand and typing away.
are you doing Yoga today?
I would be interested in how you do with Poshmark too! I have seen the commercial. does that mean people have to come to your house? Do you have a PayPal account to get started? It is just clothes and shoes and bags? Yes you are the trend setter!!!!!

Trig-
- I had to laugh at your post. Telling me to chill- with a follow up that "anything outta sync just squeezes my last damn nerve to no end anymore."- HAHAHAHAHAHA- Now that was laugh out loud funny! I feel the SAME WAY! My tolerance to crap is about ZERO.
Yup I too when I hit that point need to totally unplug from the world and decompress. HAHAHAH

Speaking of stress- has the back to school flurry started yet? You know supplies, clothes, stuff! What grade will the kiddo be in? Does school start the end of Aug in NC? Time to start gearing up for yet another year- can you believe it already?

NIC-- Speaking of school starting are you getting a head start on all of that? I can't believe we are down to weeks left of summer- wow time flies.
What is on your agenda this week? Are you ready to hop back on plan?

Greg- - sounds like you are solid and on plan!
--------------------------------------------------------------
Well back to reality!!!!!!! - It wasn't the week I wanted but it was the week that needed to happen. Blue you cracked me up- almost better to go back to work- N O T -
I went in and looked at my schedule and my email. Of course there was a nasty gram in it addressed to everyone on the team. (At least it wasn't just me). But it was about how our team is lacking in number of visits per day. Well, dam if it takes 2 hours to get to an appt. it just isn't going to happen that your schedule is going to have more than a couple per day. They can't have it all. I am def. ready to swallow the cost to leave. I really just can't take it anymore.
I was hoping to do some looking while I was off but didn't have the time or want to think about work. Now that I am back in the grind and stress I am going to make it a priority.
Just reading that nasty email, and seeing my overbooked scheduled is making my stomach hurt. No I am serious, complete with IBS. This just isn't worth it. It is affecting me physically now! I won't go before I have something solid though.

Ok TRIG (giggling here)- You always like to hear about my dating life!
Well I actually did sign up for the geezer dating site. And guess what happened...........
Well I got bombarded with "likes, flirts, winks".
So I answered the first two. Then they both responded in seconds. So I ended up "chatting" up both for a good hour. Which lead to exchange of numbers and a time for a phone conversation. So I had two conversations yesterday. So now I have 2 dates lined up for the end of the week.
One for Fri, on for Sat.
I stopped at 2- HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Even that I had to keep notes on who said what in a notebook.

All that being said, I am 110% on plan as I want that "thinner" feeling by Friday.

Ok all - lets get on board and do this!!!!
I am not ready for my day- dragging my heels but I gotta go!
Have a good one all!!!
  #2070   ^
Old Mon, Jul-29-19, 05:35

BF:

Good Morning!

Blue....your movie night sounds like so much fun! Do you think your DH will make it a regular event? So nice your building has that media room for you all to use.

Jaz...hope you had a relaxing day yesterday before reentering the "grind" today. Hope it's an easy week for you.

Trig...hope this is the week the RV comes home so you can get it ready to roll.

Nic...how is the back doing? Nothing much worse than back pain. I know you'll have a busy week, as usual. One thing at a time girl.

I just looked online at my blood work results. My glucose was 110, which is ridiculous. That morning I tested at home and it was 97 because the day before I ate a stupid cookie and some pretzels. Usually, when I'm being "good", my test says around 80 or so. But the biggie....my cholesterol total is 300. The Dr. is going to freak. I will not take statins, and I know he will want me to. My HDL(the good one) is 115...which is crazy good. My Trig are 54, which is also good. As long as my HDL & Trig numbers are good, I am not worried. Hope I can convince the Dr. to let it go. I go see him next Monday.

Today at Noon I go to the Sports Chiro for another beating. I hope we soon start to see some results. Tomorrow I'm back for a massage in the afternoon.

Fasting today for at least 16 hours and staying LC. That's my challenge for the week.

Have good days!

Edited to add: About Poshmark. You post pictures and description etc of the item you want to sell. You decide how much $$ you want for it and then list it. If someone wants to buy it, Poshmark sends you a postage paid label, you get a free Priority Mail box at the post office, put the item in and slap the label on it and off it goes. The buy pays the postage and Poshmark takes a cut. I think if the item is less than $15, Poshmark takes $2.95. If it sells for more than $15 they take 20%. It is so easy. Once an item you sell is delivered to the recipient and they mark it as received and in good condition, Poshmark will put the money into your account. You can retrieve the money anytime and have it put into your checking or Paypal account. The trick is to get followers and share your closet and get followers to share your items too. I just started yesterday and I already have over 400 followers. I try to follow back as many as I can and share some of their items. They in turn will share your items to their friends etc etc. This week I want to list a bunch of LulaRoe leggings that I never wear and maybe some exercise tights that I bought and never wore. Maybe I'll never sell a thing....who knows? Doesn't cost anything to try.

Last edited by Lori_:) : Mon, Jul-29-19 at 05:49.
Closed Thread