Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 07:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/160/126 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 19%

My periods have changed too...although I'm happy having them at the mo..like Paulie, I've prayed for them a few times in the past!

I can't give credit to Atkins just yet cos I've also just changed my pill so it could be that?? Who knows. I've had no pain, no aches, no rattiness...nothing periody this month, and a whole lot lighter than normal.

Claire Sweeney...I used to like her. She seemed down to earth and pleasant...not anymore. She's quite obviously an attention grabbing freak!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 07:38

Stats: 184/162/112 Female 5'5"
BF:31/26/19
Progress: 31%

Damn, which pill did they give you?! And how does it compare to others on the health risk front?
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 07:58
Registered Member

Stats: 177/171/160 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 35%

I've got my sister on the diet now as well and she used to have really bad periods as well. Heavy, long, painful and made her really unpleasant to everyone! She commented the other day after only 2 weeks into the diet that her period was "normal" for the first time in about 20 years - she is chuffed to say the least Also she has lost 5lbs which is a bonus!
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 08:51
Champagne Paulie

Plan: My Fitness Pal
Stats: 156.2/123.8/120 Female 5 ft 4 ins
BF:Got some, thanks
Progress: 90%

Good for you Satine, I bet your sister's really grateful. Mine are quite a bit lighter than they used to be and don't last long either.
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Sep-18-03, 04:20

Stats: 168/160/126 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 19%

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanGypsy
Damn, which pill did they give you?! And how does it compare to others on the health risk front?

Hi Rachel...Well, I was on Celeste, a combined pill, but I switched to Micronor, a mini pill. So it only has the one hormone, just progestogen, no oestrogen.

Oestrogen is the hormone that causes the weight gain, blood clots and varicus veins so that's why I wanted to stop taking the combined.

The only health risk mentioned in the leaflet is blood clots. But it says there are no known risks of this with mini pill, only that you should be careful just incase. Probably just covering their backs.

I've only been taking Micronor for one month and my first period was a whole lot lighter with no symptoms at all. It was also my first period with Atkins, so it could be the two combined. They tell you that Micronor will mess up your cycle for the first 3 months or so, so I don't know if this was the sign of things to come or just my body not knowing what to do just yet.

You also don't break on these pills. You take one everyday. Another bonus to a dizzy head like me who kept forgetting what day I should start my new combined packet on! Now I don't have to think about it!