Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#481   ^
Old Thu, Mar-08-07, 06:59
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/143/120 Female 175 cm
BF:
Progress: 49%

i could never follow this program. i just couldn't physically do it. i would die
Sponsored Links
  #482   ^
Old Thu, Mar-08-07, 10:08

Plan: Medifast
Stats: 201.5/175.5/134 Female 5'5"
BF:44%/40.5%/28%
Progress: 39%

Hit a bummer snag! So I'm putting myself through school owning a house cleaning company and 3 days a week I have a pretty intense cleaning schedule (4-5 houses each day) which involves alot of strain on my upper body. By the end of day 2, and my first cleaning day, my shoulders, neck and forearms were killing me and I had a rager headache!!! Looks like I'm going to have to narrow down the sculpt workouts to my non-cleaning days, or at least modify them to exclude all the upper body stuff (I think it was the push ups and planks that got me!) until my body adjusts to the new level of exercise and I can work more days back into the schedule.

I could just give up at this point, but I need to incorporate a very effective weight and cardio workout into my health plan if I'm going to get the results I want over the long term. I guess I'm an example of baby steps! And that's ok with me. Will get back on track with sculpt Saturday.

Weight stayed the same this a.m., but also started TOM, so I'm surprised I didn't show a gain. Also didn't have the usually horrendous low back pain days in advance. Gotta love losing weight!!

Kadie
  #483   ^
Old Thu, Mar-15-07, 08:11

WOMEN: I was so wrecked last week after only 2 workouts I had to stop for fear of migraines. I'm sure alot of that had to do with hormone stuff from TOM, which just goes to show that unless you're a woman with experience in the field you should not give advice on a woman's exercise capabilities during the monthly cycle. I would seriously NOT recommend doing this workout when it's your time of the month regardless of what David Kirsch advises. There are ways to schedule around it and still see great results.

Having said that, and with my cycle behind me for the next 20 days, I'm once again on day 3 and I want to make sure all of you know my new best friend...IBUPROFEN! Seriously, I had forgotten all about Ibu's inflamation killing power (not to mention basic pain relief) and plan to take it for the first few days of the program with continued icing after workouts. I think it's the only way I'm going to successfully make it through this degree of training and my intensive job strain. At work yesterday I definitely felt the affects of my workout, but I wasn't in pain. This is a relief!

The first day I ate out with friends, but as it was a good day for me to start with the work out program I still count it as day 1. I didn't lose after that day, but didn't gain either. After day 2 I am down a pound. Again, a big overnight loss for someone who's been on a strict diet for the last 2 months.

So I am back to it for another 11 days!

Kadie
  #484   ^
Old Sun, Mar-18-07, 22:39
Registered Member

Plan: Ultimate NY Body Plan
Stats: 218.5/200/160 Female 69/1.74
BF:maybe 33%
Progress: 32%

Good going Kadie. I know the 'tom' can really throw things off. Usually the first day is my worst day, with headaches and feeling tired. I couldn't even think of doing an 1.5 hr workout in that state. The other days are fine, however, the detox effect kills me. I get headaches and feel tired. It's horrible. When I did a fast last time I did a salt water 'flush' that definitely helped me through the discomfort of detox. David should've included this advice or other methods.

So on that note, I'm doing a fast tomorrow. I started eating raw foods and it was too much too soon. So now I think I'll just rest from food altogether and drink juices (freshly made, veggie and fruit). This way when I return to eating more raw fruits and vegetables I won't have such a dramatic detox experience. The salt water flush is useful here as well, but for some reason, when I tried it, it didn't work. You have to do it on an empty stomach, so maybe I was still digesting food.

Anyhow, keep up the good work Kadie Let us know how you progress
  #485   ^
Old Mon, Mar-19-07, 16:38

Yay David Kirsch, or Yay Me, better yet!! I'm down another 2 pounds and the workouts are getting much easier. I added hill climbing in MBT shoes as my cardio and it is seriously kicking my a**. I am so amazed to be getting these kind of results, and am enjoying the workouts so much I'm shocked I ever got fat in the first place!!

Hey Carby,

I've had a few friends do the raw food thing with great health benefits. Weird skin problems, sinus issues and other stuff cleared up for them pretty quickly as well as dramatic weight loss. That could be cool!! Isn't detox the worst?? I read in Julia Ross's "The Diet Cure" to use Alka Seltzer Original in the gold box (old school alka seltzer) during detox and tried it when I started MF for sugar and carb withdrawal. Worked like a charm. Less body aches and milder headache. So, what's the salt water thing you're doing??

Kadie
  #486   ^
Old Tue, Mar-20-07, 09:11
Registered Member

THis sounds GREAT!! I'm gonna try this Alka Seltzer thing. Thanks! The Salt water thing is you drink 32 oz. water (purified preferrably) and 2 tsp. of unrefined Celtic salt. The ph of the water matches that of ur blood, so the water isn't absorbed. So in about an hour or less, you feel the urge to go #2. And the water 'rinses' out ur colon. So when u have those horrible detox symptoms, u can rinse out the waste giving ur body an easier time cleaning up. But I'm so happy about ur tip, that Im gonna go back on the raw plan today!
  #487   ^
Old Thu, Mar-22-07, 21:47

Oh my gosh, I've got to try the salt thing. Sometimes it's good to "go" you know? So, I'm giving the boot to Medifast. It's not working so well for me anymore, and I just found out the "artificial flavoring" in the ingredient list is actually MSG, lots and lots of MSG. No wonder I wake up every morning with horrendously puffing eyes like I scarfed a pint of Ben&Jerry's! Now that I have my sugar cravings nixed and portion control down I am switching back to a whole foods diet called Fat Flush. I did this about 4 years ago and couldn't believe how incredible I looked and felt. Took 5 years off my face easy! I am excited about this decision and feel it will be a great compliment to David Kirsch's program. And about that...I had the best day at work today. I cleaned 5 houses without a single ache or pain, and am literally springing around like a skinny 12 year old (minus the "skinny", plus a few years). It feels really good to be down almost 30 pounds and looking forward to summer for the first time in 6 years.

Happy Friday!

Kadie
  #488   ^
Old Sat, Mar-24-07, 03:16
Registered Member

Wow Kandid,

Great job! Seems like you're doing so well, as I already expected. David's program is TOUGH but it works and so well. I haven't followed the workouts or eating plan lately, but my body is still so much tighter and toned because of the program. His videos should be in everyone's ultimate fitness library.

Anywho, yea, cut the Medifast...it's toxic. MSG?? bad news. I like the Fat flush plan minus all the supplements. I still use her 'produce soak' tip with the bleach b/c organic produce is so expensive. I buy my produce at smaller markets and just use the soak. I don't remember specifically what the plan entails, but it's curious that the folks on her site..the plan advocates..really don't look so fit. Not sure if there's anything to that.

But I like her idea of eating whole, natural foods. That's the key to a great body, emotional wellness, and health.
  #489   ^
Old Fri, Mar-30-07, 22:06

So, my two weeks with David Kirsch are up, and man, I'm down 12 pounds and 6 inches. Not only that, but I was doing the pre-workout workout and only 4-5 days a week. I did make the switch from Medifast to Fat Flush and I bet that had a lot to do with it, still, I'm psyched and it feels good to be in the 160's, almost the 150's.

I'm sure I'll be back on the boards for round two!

Kadie
  #490   ^
Old Tue, Apr-03-07, 17:38
Registered Member

Hey Kadie! Thanks for the post It's good to know that even with being imperfect, your results are still amazing. The little "tweaks" obviously worked for you and it shows that we each have to make the plan our own. If we need to modify something, we should feel free to do it. The most important thing is consistency. Again, CONGRATS!!
  #491   ^
Old Wed, Apr-04-07, 00:10

Here's the really weird thing. I used to love that feeling of being full, stuffed atually- I was a total binge eater and loved it. Now, after cutting way back for almost 3 months, and losing 40 pounds, I love feeling light. I love getting out of bed in the morning and feeling like a cloud. Or eating a meal and feeling satisfied but having no feeling in my stomach of fullness or obvious digestive activity. Moving around, bending down and back up, getting up froma chair. It's all really nice and floaty these days. Strange.
  #492   ^
Old Wed, Apr-04-07, 07:01

Plan: UNYBP
Stats: 186/175.5/165 Female 6 feet
BF:
Progress:
Default Starting again

Hello,

I did David's NYBP two years ago at this same time of year. At that time I was in a little better shape when I started and saw great results with the program. I only did eleven days but I lost eleven pounds!!

I am starting again today and hope to see some pretty good results again. I think the workouts might be a little tougher this time around but I'm excited to hopefully get similar results.

I'll keep you posted!

Kat
  #493   ^
Old Wed, Apr-04-07, 08:58
Registered Member

Hey Kat,

Yes, please keep us posted.

Kandid,

I know what you mean. I always feel this way when I improve my diet and/or fast. However, I've been fasting during the day (today will go all the way) and eating lunch and dinner. I eat less because I recognize when I'm satisfied. So it's great! I'm not sure I"ve mastered the total "need to feel light" thing yet, but I'm getting there. I do have tons more energy.
  #494   ^
Old Wed, Apr-04-07, 09:38

Plan: homeopathic HCG, loading
Stats: 246/230.5/154 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default he has a new book out which is better IMO

David Kirsh's latest book, the Ultimate New York Diet, follows the same viewpoint but is planned better IMO, it includes a lot more options as far as food and exercise go and the really tough part is only Phase 1 of the plan.

I still don't think it should be followed for more than 2-4 weeks, though he recommends following it until you get close to your goal weight. I think if you did that you'd lose much slower because the caloric intake is too low. But aside from that, I think the book is good. I'm on the Fat Flush Plan, which is somewhat similar but healthier IMHO
  #495   ^
Old Fri, Apr-13-07, 09:48

Plan: south Beach NYUBP
Stats: 138/138/115 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress:
Default Anyone currently on this plan?

Hi I have been reading the forum for a while now and start this plan last sunday. I am having great success and I was just wondering if anyone else is currently on this plan? Has anybody ever done the plan twice and how were the results the 2nd time around?
Thanks!