Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-13-22, 11:53
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%
Default Ninja Creami

This appliance makes frozen desserts out of pretty much anything that can be frozen. I have a yogurt/raspberry mix freezing for my first attempt, and a chocolate SF/LC recipe for attempt #2.

Anyone else have one? I'm looking for LC recipes, preferably not super high-fat.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-14-22, 10:19

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

My Facebook feed was littered with Cremi groups! I kept hitting "don’t show me this" and another one would pop up in its place Think it was because I searched for protein desserts. I'm happy using frozen berries or adding ice cubes to milk and protein powder for now…but LC or HP versions for the Creami should be easy to find
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-14-22, 11:23
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Lots of recipes for lc ice cream and frozen desserts in our Sweet Treats forum. Check out this list https://forum.lowcarber.org/showthr...065#post6375065. Not all lower fat, but I'm sure some can be adapted.

Enjoy your new toy
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-14-22, 16:07
Experimenter

BF:

I'm hearing people making treats out of Keto Chow. I did make a sugar free chocolate that came out very good! It is a fun item, but so noisy. I might move it to the garage.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-15-22, 02:35

Another group on FB is back this morning! Prolific little recipe creators. Name is Ninja Creami Group/Recipes.

One guy is adding sugar-free, low fat pudding mix as the flavor. (Ugh) Another is simply using a favorite bottle of Protein drink and going through the freezing process to make an ice creamy meal replacement. (Yum, but also can do that with ice or freezer time). Also seen many weird sugary recipes, e.g. IPA gelato, beer and bacon ice cream, like the sales force is in competition to post the craziest recipes. NinjaTestKitchen likes those😋 Even if they don't taste good, you can get a nice buzz trying them all.

Last edited by JEY100 : Fri, Jul-15-22 at 02:47.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jul-15-22, 08:11
Experimenter

BF:

I think where this excells is in creating the texture of ice cream of things that would have more crystals if you used a freezer type of ice cream maker. My raspberry NF yogurt sorbet was a bit too tart, but the texture was amazing. Tonight I have strawberries just about ready to be shaved into sorbet. Yum! I put some allulose on those. I'm going to try a gelato which will be a cooked custard. I can just imagine that will be insanely yummy.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jul-20-22, 07:06

Nancy, not sure if you joined that Ninja Cremi group, but yet again today, it is back in my feed...specifically with a link to someone who makes many low fat Protein Ice Creams. I don’t have a Cremi, so can’t vouch for them, but they do sound good if also wanting to up protein. https://chefallieskitchen.com/category/ice-cream
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jul-20-22, 08:43

Plan: High protein, lower fat
Stats: 000/000/145 Female 66
BF:276, 255 hi wts
Progress: 0%

They're not cheap. About $200, I see.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jul-21-22, 20:40

Plan: Keto IMO Atkins 72 Induct
Stats: 283/229/180 Female 5'3"
BF:mini goal 250, 225
Progress: 52%

I got a Creami on Amazon during Prime Days. Better price. And I've seen them on Woot. I have not used it yet but know a lot of people love it.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jul-22-22, 08:20
Experimenter

BF:

It is much more convenient (mostly) than the sort of ice cream maker where you freeze a big bucket. You only have to freeze the pints for 24 hours, then put them on the machine. Less to clean too!

However, it is noisy as heck. I put mine in the garage and just take a pint out when I'm ready.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Jul-22-22, 11:03
Experimenter

BF:

That website looks really good, Jey!
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Jul-24-22, 02:35

No idea about the purpose of adding SF pudding mix, but it is usually only 1 Tbsp. Maybe for texture? for flavor? Anyway, enjoy!

Another DDF challenge starts this morning. Will you be joining?
I weighed 152.0…2 pounds over goal. It is crazy how "hunger training" or the emphasis on high satiety per calorie, high protein, makes maintenance so easy. I'm doing more exercise but have been no angel in the summer drinks area. Looking forward to trying to go below my self-imposed goal this session.

Btw, I really like my Ninja Blender. Ted Naiman recommended as a budget alternate to a Vitamix.. works great. When it is brutally hot, I’ve been making the Green Hulk Smoothie with Frozen mixed berries, vanilla Protein powder, cinnamon. Chews through the greenery and frozen berries in less than a minute on high, a fluffy, creamy smoothie. Green and purple may not be best color mix, but tastes fine to me.

Last edited by JEY100 : Sun, Jul-24-22 at 02:43.
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Jul-24-22, 18:54
Experimenter

BF:

No, not joining in. I managed to lose about 5 pounds on my own. Just being much more mindful of my eating and paying closer attention to how lousy I feel when I over eat and/or under-exercise. I seem to be holding steady right now. The Ninja isn't helping, although I can make a really good treat with strawberries and a non-dairy milk and erythritol.

I did end up splurging on a VitaMix. I should try that drink! I often do find that drinking a meal doesn't satisfy me as much as eating one.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Jul-25-22, 06:31

Plan: High protein, lower fat
Stats: 000/000/145 Female 66
BF:276, 255 hi wts
Progress: 0%

I have a high-protein smoothie - cold and thick - every day for breakfast and found that putting it into a special insulated glass, and drinking it slowly through a straw has made it more satisfying.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Jul-26-22, 05:06

Nancy, we"ll miss you ! I just posted on the DDF community about the two new articles on DietDoctor about Higher-Satiety. Dr Bret Scher's on the Science studies on the three types Satiety..all the links will take you down a rabbit hole. https://www.dietdoctor.com/the-stud...-satiety-eating
Two days ago, Anne Mullens added a Practical Guide to high Satiety foods. In a link there, titled 20 cheap proteins, one was Whey Isolate and another, all the various vegetarian powders. Like Marty and Ted, real whole foods are preferrred and more satiating, but DD is now more accepting that they come in handy. I sometimes eat a protein and vegetable lunch that is "too satiating!" And that green smoothie with frozen berries works well for me.