Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1531   ^
Old Tue, Jul-07-20, 11:49

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 247/242/200 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Day FIVE:
No wheat, bananas, chips, popcorn, bagels or bread.

The cravings have virtually disappeared, thankfully. I may need to cut back on the applesauce pouches in order to get a weight loss, but I'll see how it goes today.
Sponsored Links
  #1532   ^
Old Tue, Jul-07-20, 11:57

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Practice plan thru September 30:

Alternate Day Fasting - Monday, Wednesday and Friday (ADF M-W-F). Same as Quarter 2 of 2020. Also on eating days trying to keep protein at around 1g/lb body weight. Also I plan on not stepping on a scale until Oct 1st nor tracking carb macro (only protein) This should be fun and relaxing!

Tracking below. First line is days of week, lines below them are hits and misses for the days that week. I'll note if it was 24 or 36hr fast.

X = 24-36hr Fast
O = Eat

MTWTFSS
-----------
XOXOOOO
X

==== Notes Below ====

24 hr fast, ate protein late after paddling. Eating today - so far eggs
  #1533   ^
Old Wed, Jul-08-20, 05:07

BF:

Alternate Day Fasting - Monday, Wednesday and Friday (ADF M-W-F). Same as Quarter 2 of 2020. Also on eating days trying to keep protein at around 1g/lb body weight. Also I plan on not stepping on a scale until Oct 1st nor tracking carb macro (only protein) This should be fun and relaxing!

Tracking below. First line is days of week, lines below them are hits and misses for the days that week. I'll note if it was 24 or 36hr fast.

X = 24-36hr Fast
O = Eat

MTWTFSS
-----------
XOXOOOO
XO

==== Notes Below ====

Good eating day with nice paddle in the afternoon for exercise - Fast planed today and there's some wind back in the forecast for kitefoiling yeah!
  #1534   ^
Old Wed, Jul-08-20, 06:30
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Day 64 of my "It's time to lose some weight" Challenge

Yesterday was a perfectly on target day. 10 net carbs, 2K calories, 18K steps and upper body weight lifting at the Y.

Days at or under 20 carbs: 53
Days with good portion control: 56
Days avoiding my "Problem" LC foods: 56
  #1535   ^
Old Wed, Jul-08-20, 11:38

BF:

Day SIX:
No wheat, bananas, chips, popcorn, bagels or bread.

Still 235

I need to cut back on the applesauce pouches and add some more exercise. I walked some this morning.

I'm not really hungry this morning, I just had a little broth and a tiny bit of chicken. Of course I had THREE applesauce pouches in the middle of the night! Not a good idea. No reason to eat THREE at once. It doesn't seem to trigger cravings though.........I don't end up binging on bread or bagels or anything........

I had Perhaps 1200-1400 calories which is fine.

I went swimming, although it was mostly moving around in the water which was WONDERFUL, but I think I overdid it as the breathing was not so good at night, so I took 2 puffs of the steroid Symbicort. I used to take 4 puffs a day regularly so that's not so bad.

Last edited by dk_Swan : Thu, Jul-09-20 at 12:00.
  #1536   ^
Old Thu, Jul-09-20, 06:36
Say NO to Diabetes!

Day 65 of my "It's time to lose some weight" Challenge

The first half of the week was perfect. Now to close it out strong. I now have 2 daughters at home. DD2 (Courtney) moved home temporarily while she looks for a new apartment. All three of us are doing keto and I've found the determination to stick to my tighter plan while they practice their more liberal version of low carb.

Days at or under 20 carbs: 54
Days with good portion control: 57
Days avoiding my "Problem" LC foods: 57
  #1537   ^
Old Thu, Jul-09-20, 07:18

BF:

X = 24-36hr Fast
O = Eat

MTWTFSS
-----------
XOXOOOO
XOX

==== Notes Below ====

24hr fast. We're on a roll!
  #1538   ^
Old Thu, Jul-09-20, 12:04

BF:

Day SEVEN already? Time goes by fast......

I'm down to 234 today so 1 more pound and that will make a 30 pounds loss (although I'm STILL a bit skeptical of the accuracy of the old scale)

I continue on avoiding my triggery foods
Wheat/bread/bagels/bananas/chips/popcorn/tater tots/regular potatoes (I eat sweet potatoes sometimes)

I'm actually not eating any rice either but that is not usually even available here at home so as long as I don't order any it's not a problem.
  #1539   ^
Old Fri, Jul-10-20, 06:45
Say NO to Diabetes!

Day 66 of my "It's time to lose some weight" Challenge

Thursday was another good 2 meal day. I jogged my first 5K since February (indoors at the Y). Taking 4 months off the nagging knee injury that had been an issue since my Old Rag hike last November appears to be fully healed.

Days at or under 20 carbs: 55
Days with good portion control: 58
Days avoiding my "Problem" LC foods: 58
  #1540   ^
Old Fri, Jul-10-20, 10:10

BF:

X = 24-36hr Fast
O = Eat

MTWTFSS
-----------
XOXOOOO
XOXO

==== Notes Below ====

Fast planned today. 24 or 36. Depending on hunger after kitefoil today
  #1541   ^
Old Fri, Jul-10-20, 10:28

BF:

Day EIGHT

Do Not EAT these foods:
Wheat/bread/bagels/bananas/chips/popcorn/tater tots/regular potatoes (I eat sweet potatoes sometimes)

Doing this challenge actually helped me a lot last night, I was DEFINITELY in a craving kind of mood, and I saw the bananas there. I probably would have indulged but I remembered I'd said NO bananas for the challenge, and didn't want to mess up my little streak here.

My sister also cooked up these little Asian veggies wrapped in a very thin pastry thingies, I've forgotten their names. They were just SITTING there in the pan. Very tempting, this is where, once again, the challenge helped.

I even took out the package of bagels this morning and had them in my hand but put them back in the refrigerator. I seem to want to eat something when I'm not feeling well.

I did have a pouch of Applesauce this morning but that's okay, it's on my 'approved' list of snacks.

I had good energy on my little 1/2 mile walk this morning, and it is going to be a HOT one again today.

I STILL have a goal to fit into my purple blouse, it fits technically but the arms are still too tight, the upper arms of course, rats!

Restart was Jan. 11th, 2020
goals
Get below 250 : DONE
Reach 243 : DONE That is a twenty pound loss
Well for some REASON I am at 234 today, I would like to reach 233 because that would be a 30 pound loss. As I've often said, I suspect the scale if off but who knows. I am sure stuck around this weight now for I dunno 5 days or so. Yada yada yada......

Monthly Highs and Lows
Date.........High.......Date....Low
Jan 11th.....263......19th....255
Feb 7th......256.......27th....250
March 11....257.......24th....245
April 1........249.......20th....243
May 10.......248.......28th....241
June18.......251.......30th....240
July 1st......240........ 9th....234

Well tonight I had a moderate amount of tater tots and a small amount of popcorn. So that is okay, 7 out of 8 days is not so bad. Just need to keep going.

From Emy Hi there!

Last edited by dk_Swan : Sat, Jul-11-20 at 11:02.
  #1542   ^
Old Fri, Jul-10-20, 10:31

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thud123
Practice plan thru September 30.

Also I plan on not stepping on a scale until Oct 1st. That should be fun and relaxing!

WOW, I'm not sure I could do that! One of the reasons I get up in the morning is to check my weight! But I'm not obsessed at all.....

I REALLY need to find more activities to do in the day if THAT is the reason I get up! LOL
  #1543   ^
Old Sat, Jul-11-20, 05:42

BF:

X = 24-36hr Fast
O = Eat

MTWTFSS
-----------
XOXOOOO
XOXOX

==== Notes Below ====

24hrs then feeding on sausage and cheese over eggs with sauerkraut in evening after big day on water - messing around with new wing on paddleboard for locomotion. It's a challenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk_swan
WOW, I'm not sure I could do that! One of the reasons I get up in the morning is to check my weight! But I'm not obsessed at all.....

I REALLY need to find more activities to do in the day if THAT is the reason I get up! LOL

It's been pretty easy, I just un plugged it - tempted a few times but am using some shorts as gauge. I'll probably hop on the scale Oct 1. and see where I'm at - currently fine with my weight as it is not interfering with activity. Plus I have a pair of shorts that's a pretty good gage - at 190lbs they fit perfectly but start to complain above that and can't use them at 200 or so - no stretch boardshorts are unforgiving but at least there is no possibility of them falling off when crashing

Here's the new wing being played with on shore...

#1544   ^
Old Sat, Jul-11-20, 11:12

BF:

Do Not EAT these foods:

This is day NINE but I messed up last night. So that's 8 out of nine days assuming I make it through the WHOLE day today.

I have a little sore throat probably because of eating the extra starch last night. I saw those tater tots already cooked, sitting in the pan.....It wasn't a huge amount, and I did have a moderate amount of popcorn. NOTHING like a REAL BINGE! WOW, I could really put away TONS of food back in the day....to my detriment......

NIGHT is the time of day I struggle with.
[COLOR=Blue]
Current Goals:
Fit into my purple blouse (the upper arms are too tight)
Exercise more

Restart was Jan. 11th, 2020
goals
Get below 250 : [COLOR=Blue]DONE

Reach 243 : DONE That is a twenty pound loss

Monthly Highs and Lows
Date.........High.......Date....Low
Jan 11th.....263......19th....255
Feb 7th......256.......27th....250
March 11....257.......24th....245
April 1........249.......20th....243
May 10.......248.......28th....241
June18.......251.......30th....240
July 1st......240...... 11th....233
  #1545   ^
Old Sun, Jul-12-20, 01:05

Plan: <20g when motivated
Stats: 229/219/145 Female 175 cm
BF:40%/40.6%/less
Progress: 12%

Hi everyone. I have a habit I need to break. During confinement (which happened for me between mid March to end of May, and then somewhat throughout June and still now because my work continued having us work from home), I got addicted to watching youtube videos.

This may sound silly, but it is seriously impacting my life in a very bad way. If you are in or entering confinement, please don't start a bad habit like this. There must be some dopamine mechanism associated with it, because 5 hours of videos later, you've lost all sense of time and you have wasted half your life on watching lefties and righties both be too entrenched to have a civil discussion (like that's worth it? It's not. Turn that sh** off!!!). But yeah, if a semi-tough decision needs to be made, or a drop of courage is required, I'll put it off by watching a youtube video. And then anxiety builds up, because the required courage was never mustered, and shame ensues. Plus you're just sitting in front of your computer like an effing BLOB of shivering bulkiness, and then go yell at teenagers for being on their phones all the time. (In that last phrase I was chastising myself, not "you" out there in the low-carb world.).

So I'm going to try and break this habit, which is hard, because it is just one navigator tab away. But it really really needs to be done. And I'll post my days on plan (<20g carbs), but for some weird weird reason, I fear that less than not watching youtube. CRAZINESS!

11 July: 3.7 g carbs. several hours yt.

Week 01:
12 July: ???