Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-16-20, 16:54

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%
Default To my worldwide friends at Low-Carber Forum

For many years, this forum has been a safe place for me. I'm happy to know it still is, in spite of the emergencies of coronavirus everywhere on earth.

Please respect the restrictions in your respective countries and cities, and guard the safety of those you love, as well as yourself.

If you need to reach out, I believe this is a place to turn to.

Best wishes.
Barbara
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-16-20, 17:08

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

I'm glad I learned here that a ketogenic diet and intermittent fasting work best for me. With only two meals a day and rarely feeling hungry, two weeks worth of food doesn't overwhelm my household storage space as I socially distance myself with online friends.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-16-20, 17:08

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Here all HE11 has erupted..... in a surprizing way. The cars are off the road, and the roads are a bit more quiet. My youngest is still learning to drive and he was able to drive during "rush hour" traffic for once, as I limit his exposure to the insane.

My teens are loaded with HW and can reach teachers via internet; and assignments are out on the WWW so learning continues.

I rather like having my family home.

I too find this forum a p lace of "safety" as we are inclined to report the most accurate info we can find from among the muck. And there is a load of muck the current covid19 is mired in.

DH will be tested tomorrow at one of the drive thru testing facilities-- only a couple in the whole state. His symptoms are borderline, so they are testing. There is nothing to do as he is now on his way to recovering after a long weekend in bed with only mild symptoms.. HE is one of those that takes a high dose of vit D23 and vit K2 so I am rather curious to see what the test result shows at this point in the recovery. Perhaps it is an antibody test.

He is on the way to recovery so my concern is that he not contaminate the rest of the family. BUT that is ALWAYS our goal when ever anyone is sick. A little precaution goes a long way to prevent spreading illnesses.

Pray everyone will make the best of this situation, as we are.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-16-20, 17:16
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by deirdra
I'm glad I learned here that a ketogenic diet and intermittent fasting work best for me. With only two meals a day and rarely feeling hungry, two weeks worth of food doesn't overwhelm my household storage space as I socially distance myself with online friends.

I was actually looking all over the page for a like button!!

That’s the beauty of our way...
We can fast or do OMAD... we’re not worried.
We know we won’t starve!

I just wish everyone would join in and try to stop this pandemic.
Collectively, we can do it, quickly.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-16-20, 18:24

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Being an introvert who is quite happy living the life of a semi hermit under normal circumstances I find social isolation no problem at all. Also Since I tend to buy most of my food in bulk online my larder is quite full and I’m set for the duration. I am quite fortunate that I can weather this crisis without any real hardship and I am fortunate to have found this way of eating that has helped keep me healthy and less susceptible to the dangers of this scourge.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-16-20, 21:29

Plan: Atkins & IF / TRE
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 97%

I don't know where I'd be without my connection to like minded LCHF / Keto / IF / OMAD / TRE (and everything else - Paleo, Carnivore, etc.) friends. Thinking back on how this whole ball of started wax (cutting sugar, cutting grains), it seems like a perfect storm and any changes would have derailed it and life would have moved on (to my (and my wife's) detriment). So thank you everyone! It's not always possible to comment on every post, but rest assured - good info and experiences is / are read and appreciated.

_
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Mar-17-20, 02:34

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Both DH and I with immune issues but on keto with D3/K2 so we are doing the best we can.

I'm working from home, bought a pair of winter gloves at 75% off, and those are my "outside shields" when I go grocery shopping. Since it's still nippy up here in the mountains. Came home and took my shower then, just in case.

Working at home right now and the cats are sure it's because I love them so much
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Mar-17-20, 06:49

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

Quote:
Working at home right now and the cats are sure it's because I love them so much
Yes, the cat is grateful for a lap that sits still longer. She would occupy a lap 24/7 if she could.

I've got a head of cabbage that needs to be soup today. We've almost finished the Mulligatawney. I noticed that our regular grocery store was all out of Ramen Noodles when we stopped in last week. And dried beans. With starchy staples off the menu, creativity with frozen foods (veggies, meat, fish) becomes more important. I even bought some calves liver. An occasional variety dish I find palatable now that I can cook it with plenty of butter and bacon.

Happy St. Patrick's Day.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Mar-17-20, 06:57

BF:

I bought 2 medium size heads of cabbage over the weekend and now have a large Fido jar filled with fermenting sauerkraut. This and my freezer full of meat should keep me if I can no longer get to the store for fresh veggies. And then there’s always carnivore. I’m all set for the duration. And then there’s always fasting. We fortunate low carvers have many options.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Mar-17-20, 07:47

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotonpal
Being an introvert who is quite happy living the life of a semi hermit under normal circumstances I find social isolation no problem at all. Also Since I tend to buy most of my food in bulk online my larder is quite full and I’m set for the duration. I am quite fortunate that I can weather this crisis without any real hardship and I am fortunate to have found this way of eating that has helped keep me healthy and less susceptible to the dangers of this scourge.

Being a happy introvert myself & also someone who stocks up on necessities whenever I can, we're in that same comfortable boat!

A couple weeks ago my husband was teasing me about all the tuna in the pantry - there had been an irresistible no-limit sale on it. Now I can say I'm well prepared with all my favorite foods!
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Mar-17-20, 08:15

Plan: LerC, TRE, IF
Stats: 150/120/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello from the UK. As from Saturday everyone 70 and over will have to minimise social contact for 12 weeks. This is my husband, but not me. However I will have to be super-careful on my forays into town for food and his meds not to become infected and bring the virus home with me. Assuming that being only a few years younger I would not become severely ill myself.

I am hoping that my IF will give me a slight advantage in warding the virus off. I am also taking 1 g vit C, D3, K2 and black elderberry supplements. I have had what I hope is only a cold for about a week; feels weird being slightly under par and sitting reading all the scary news.

I am obeying all the safety precautions, for what they are worth, and am shocked that not everyone else is. I cannot vouch for all their hand-washing regimes, but some people are not staying at least 3 feet away from each other, and from me. The streets were not crowded today so this could easily be done.

Normal life will be in abeyance. Clubs and societies are cancelling meetings. I can go on my regular solitary walks, but rambling clubs have cancelled their programs, and I will not be dropping into a coffee shop at the end of my walk. I imagine that as a lot of them depend on pensioners for their trade, many cafes will soon be closing. No more bus journeys with my bus pass for a while either.

Well, at least we are well-stocked with food, soap and toilet rolls. I have no excuse for not getting stuck into the latest Hilary Mantel.

Last edited by Ambulo : Tue, Mar-17-20 at 08:44. Reason: 1 mg of Vit C is pathetically useless!
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Mar-17-20, 08:23

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulo
Well, at least we are well-stocked with food, soap and toilet rolls. I have no excuse for not getting stuck into the latest Hilary Mantel.

My daughter-in-law the librarian recently said that she considers Hillary Mantel the best living author. Perhaps I should start reading her. Since there is a trilogy that should keep me busy for quite some time. Of course, since the library is closed for the duration I will have to order the books.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Mar-17-20, 08:47

Plan: LerC, TRE, IF
Stats: 150/120/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

"Wolf Hall" and "Bring up the Bodies" were addictive.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Mar-17-20, 12:50

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Another happy introvert. I could happily stay pretty homebound for a while except for missing the contact with my grandkids who are usually over here with me a couple days a week including sleepovers. They are all out of school for now and self-isolating also. We could always Facetime.

I'm the President of a local art guild and we usually have a noted local artist come do a demo for us at our monthly meetings. We meet the first Tuesday of every month. Our planned presenter for early April emailed us a couple days ago that sorry for the short notice but he was going to have to cancel as he is self-isolating. We were worrying anyway at a large percentage of our members are 60+ and a lot of various health issues. We're cancelling the meeting and I feel a lot of relief over that decision.

I take my D3 and K2 daily, and just started taking C again along with other things I hope will help boost my immune system. I have tons of things to do around the house - read, paint, watch birds. I've added some daily exercises as well: jumping on my rebounder, light weight training.

I've been coming here a lot more than I had been lately as well. I find this a very comforting place to be.
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Mar-19-20, 03:36

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Our local grocery, Tops, has instituted a 6-7:30 am Senior Hour to let the most vulnerable shop without crowds. Tuesdays and Thursdays. I don't know if I'll take advantage of it today, since I don't need anything there and it is a very small and crowded store. But I think it's a good idea.

Another important point is that we are seeing hospitalizations from age 20 on up. The perception is that one has to be above a certain age to be concerned, and that's not true.