Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1456   ^
Old Fri, Oct-14-22, 09:33

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Nic......just saw in Jaz's update that you'll be cruising up the Na'pali coast. OMG....so beautiful! We took a snorkeling trip there....fabulous! Enjoy!
Sponsored Links
  #1457   ^
Old Sat, Oct-15-22, 03:57

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jaz, 5k on the kitty. holy, lol....but I am super glad kitty made it. Vet bills can be tough for sure but in the end everyone wants to save their pet!!

Yea if you can find something short term or whatever you can grab go for it. money in pocket and you will. like ya said we are approaching into the holiday season and all, companies are re-evaluating staff and more but also.....you will just walk into that one good job soon! It will happen.

Lori, sorry on the Betty stuff going down. I so feel ya. It isn't fair to have to be a care facility cause also it isn't the work of it, to me it is the stress of it. That in your mind are ya doing enough, for the proper care and all that it entails, the stress level on it is so hard! The super oldies only do them, they can't think past anything but that and that is fine, it is what it is ya know....that is where we have to come into play and make the big decisions for them. I tell ya tho once they can't move well anymore ya gotta truly think care facility but if you guys are managing her kinda ok still, I know that level of should we honor her wants and let her stay home? It is a massive hard balancing act ya know on which way to roll. omg the decision to start to get my mom into a facility was insanity coming to terms with it.

as ya know my mom passed right before that went down....but I have to tell ya my MIL is flourishing in a facility. Now she is not well and needs care for sure but she is moving a little more but it is the social aspect and 'real nursing care' that has improved her health truly so that wondering on best for Betty is tough. But I think with companionship and care 24/7 at the push of a button means they arent alone anymore, they have all the support they require so??

feel ya on the hubby stuff. his 'hunt time' is just that. limited ya know. I remember MANY years hubby would hunt and leave me for days or a week or more at a time at the hunt cabin and 'always something' came up I had to deal with on my own and it would irk the heck out of me LOL I so get that feeling HA
hang in there tho!!! Just keep doing the best you guys can and bob and weave thru the day until you have to make a decision.

One thing is you guys might say something like......ok IF Betty has to go to hospital for any reason at all....thru any illness that might effect her......she doesn't come home. Into a care facility from the hosptial and I tell ya why. THAT IS THE easiest way to get her into a room at a facility....if you just start calling places you gotta jump thru hoops and do tons of paperwork and time delays and more to get her in, but if thru a hospital call and she needs care, yea it is SO much easier to get the accomodations that best suit her for her needs.

Wishing you the best. It is hard. Emotions fly all around like crazy but in the end you guys got this and you are doing well for Betty too so hang in, things will change up too. Life steps all over each of us for sure

Nicco....I know is having a wonderful time on vacay. She is gonna need a week's rest at home after this active trip for sure

---------------today is take kid to driving class. omg she needs to drive....stupid covid messed up her drive classes before and that delay is annoying as heck right now....but she will be driving very soon now.....

then after I pick her up at 10 she wants to hit the mall for pants.
kill me. But she is a fast shopper so will see what she can find and be done with it.

home to do whatever

be good all
  #1458   ^
Old Sat, Oct-15-22, 06:37

BF:

Good Morning!

Enjoying some quiet coffee time this morning. Playing golf late today....11:30. Will be much more pleasant than spending half the round freezing. It will be around 60 when we start and getting up to 70. Perfect! About the same for tomorrow. This may be the last gasp for golf for the year. DH is out hunting with DGS today.

Tonight DH & I are doing a Halloween cemetery walking tour. We did it last year too, but they're featuring different graves this year. They have actors portraying the person who is lying there. It was very interesting and just a little creepy. It was rainy last year, but should be perfect tonight.

Well, I need more coffee and a bite to eat. I'm loving this leisurely morning! So is Gabby who is lying on my lap on the fuzzy blanket I have over me.
  #1459   ^
Old Sat, Oct-15-22, 08:57

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning!

Trig :Loved your last post! I really liked your insights regarding your mom, and now your MIL. You know we all are going to have to "deal" with that. You are through it, Lori is "IN IT"- Nic and I have that yet in front of us! Fun times, Fun times! NOT! Lordy have mercy when that comes my way- it will not be pretty.
Changing the subject- yes please!

Hitting up the mall for pants huh?!?!?- Old Navy isn't bad for a one season only pair as they aren't made to last, but they are cheap. I have gone there when I am in-between sizes and don't want to spend a ton of money and think I won't be in "this size anyway". They also do have a ton of jeans in every size!
Hope she finds something!

Sounds like things are quieting down just a tad?

Lori- Wow on that graveyard tour! That is sort of fun and creepy at the same time! IT's something to do on a Saturday night! Do they have a bon fire as well?
Maybe you can go to dinner prior, make an evening from it!

Good luck on your game! Enjoy it! Hope it is not the last weekend for you!!!

Nic- Safe travels today and tomorrow. I see you are flying into southern Cali- then from there tomorrow home. You are going to be one tired pup, plus adjusting to time zone difference! Take a baby aspirin prior to flight, both you and hubby! Nurse in me had to put that out there!
Enjoy your trip home! Joy in the journey!
-----------------------------------------------------------

So, a small unintentional experiment on the incredible benefits of eating non-processed, clean Carnivore= no inflammation, no bloat, feeling amazing and empowered with energy. VS- inflamed, joint pain, bloating, gut pain, low energy and MEH all over.

I fell off the wagon last night HARD. (Thankfully it was not an all-day bender, but close). I felt I could eat one small baked sweet potato with my steak. Thirty minutes later: let the carnage begin and a trip to the store to BUY GARBAGE.
Results of said experiment: SEVERE GUT PAIN, GI issues, joint pain in EVERY joint down to my toes even. Add bloating, puffy, pasty face, and zero energy and feeling like I have been hit by a Mack truck twice! I literally was triggered and rolled with it.
I felt the carb monster was "let out of the cage in spades". Now I pay.

The good news, I am right back up on the ZERO/Carnivore wagon to get my body, and vibrance back. I know now just how amazing it really does feel to eat clean. I think that people are so used to feeling like crap they get used to THIS feeling after garbage. It really sucks. Thankfully within a few days I should recover off the bender. BACK and so back. I am writing this for two reasons. As a reminder to myself how NOT worth any of it is.
Second- No matter how "good" I have been doing I am always going to be subject to the "triggers" out there and need a plan of pure avoidance. I did not stop at one small, sweet potato. I am so carb sensitive, all my wiring went haywire. Maybe someday- not in the near future anytime soon. Nope and Nope!

Off that tangent, but I did want to share it for accountability and to say just how easy it can be for anyway to hit that banana peel. Vigilance!
Ok, now I am done! HAHAHAHAHAH

Got a call from my Aunt last night (speaking of food) for the family invite for Thanksgiving. My DD and family, DS, and all my cousins will be there. My mom and her husband will be there and then they invited my SIL's sister and husband as they are only 40 minutes from Charlotte and no place to go. So, all total we are looking at 22 adults, 5 kids, and 4 dogs= total chaos. Yeah, I am going! It will be an all meat plate, turkey and ham!

Hey has any of you tried the "Steak Ums" from the freezer sections? They cook up super-fast and they have a buy one get one free this week? I see the Keto people online who love them.
Might try as they are a BOGO- otherwise they are pricey for just 14 slices at 13.50 a package.

Working online today for just a couple hours for the ever-present job hunt- then am taking time out for sunshine, tomorrow day off from it!

Neighbor and I are grilling steaks pool side tomorrow. I did pick up some Grey Goose and Lacroix and lime for the last pool bash of the season! Packing in in a cooler and meeting her poolside.

Off into my day- laundry chimed it is done, dishwasher quiet now. I just need to put few things away and already to play. Just wish the massive bloat for last night was gone. Can't get into my shorts! Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Later gators- STAY STRONG!
  #1460   ^
Old Sat, Oct-15-22, 09:03

BF:

[QUOTE=Jaz66]Good Morning!

Trig :Loved your last post! I really liked your insights regarding your mom, and now your MIL. You know we all are going to have to "deal" with that. You are through it, Lori is "IN IT"- Nic and I have that yet in front of us! Fun times, Fun times! NOT! Lordy have mercy when that comes my way- it will not be pretty.
Changing the subject- yes please!

Hitting up the mall for pants huh?!?!?- Old Navy isn't bad for a one season only pair as they aren't made to last, but they are cheap. I have gone there when I am in-between sizes and don't want to spend a ton of money and think I won't be in "this size anyway". They also do have a ton of jeans in every size!
Hope she finds something!

Sounds like things are quieting down just a tad?

Lori- Wow on that graveyard tour! That is sort of fun and creepy at the same time! IT's something to do on a Saturday night! Do they have a bon fire as well?
Maybe you can go to dinner prior, make an evening from it!

Good luck on your game! Enjoy it! Hope it is not the last weekend for you!!!

Nic- Safe travels today and tomorrow. I see you are flying into southern Cali- then from there tomorrow home. You are going to be one tired pup, plus adjusting to time zone difference! Take a baby aspirin prior to flight, both you and hubby! Nurse in me had to put that out there!
Enjoy your trip home! Joy in the journey!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, a small unintentional experiment on the incredible benefits of eating non-processed, clean Carnivore= no inflammation, no bloat, feeling amazing and empowered with energy. VS- inflamed, joint pain, bloating, gut pain, low energy and MEH all over.

I fell off the wagon last night HARD. (Thankfully it was not an all-day bender, but close). I felt I could eat one small baked sweet potato with my steak. Thirty minutes later: let the carnage begin and a trip to the store to BUY GARBAGE.
Results of said experiment: SEVERE GUT PAIN, GI issues, joint pain in EVERY joint down to my toes even. Add bloating, puffy, pasty face, and zero energy and feeling like I have been hit by a Mack truck twice! I literally was triggered and rolled with it.
I felt the carb monster was "let out of the cage in spades". Now I pay.

The good news, I am right back up on the ZERO/Carnivore wagon to get my body, and vibrance back. I know now just how amazing it really does feel to eat clean. I think that people are so used to feeling like crap they get used to THIS feeling after garbage. It really sucks. Thankfully within a few days I should recover off the bender. BACK and so back. I am writing this for two reasons. As a reminder to myself how NOT worth any of it is.
Second- No matter how "good" I have been doing I am always going to be subject to the "triggers" out there and need a plan of pure avoidance. I did not stop at one small, sweet potato. I am so carb sensitive, all my wiring went haywire. Maybe someday- not in the near future anytime soon. Nope and Nope!

Off that tangent, but I did want to share it for accountability and to say just how easy it can be for anyway to hit that banana peel. Vigilance!
Ok, now I am done! HAHAHAHAHAH

Got a call from my Aunt last night (speaking of food) for the family invite for Thanksgiving. My DD and family, DS, and all my cousins will be there. My mom and her husband will be there and then they invited my SIL's sister and husband as they are only 40 minutes from Charlotte and no place to go. So, all total we are looking at 22 adults, 5 kids, and 4 dogs= total chaos. Yeah, I am going! It will be an all meat plate, turkey and ham!

Hey has any of you tried the "Steak Ums" from the freezer sections? They cook up super-fast and they have a buy one get one free this week? I see the Keto people online who love them.
Might try as they are a BOGO- otherwise they are pricey for just 14 slices at 13.50 a package.

Working online today for just a couple hours for the ever-present job hunt- then am taking time out for sunshine, tomorrow day off from it!

Neighbor and I are grilling steaks pool side tomorrow. I did pick up some Grey Goose and Lacroix and lime for the last pool bash of the season! Packing it in a cooler and meeting her poolside.

Off into my day- laundry chimed it is done, dishwasher quiet now. I just need to put few things away and already to play. Just wish the massive bloat for last night was gone. Can't get into my shorts! Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sweat pants for today - urghhhhh

Last edited by Jaz66 : Sat, Oct-15-22 at 11:54.
  #1461   ^
Old Sat, Oct-15-22, 12:11

BF:

Addition: SCORE- back on track and with 3 beautiful RIBEYES on SALE to boot! Scored!!! Went in to get pot roast, nada, but they just marked down 3 beautiful ribeye's fresh and all- grill. Great way to get back on track, side of bacon.

No AC/or heat. 3 windows open, fresh air going, just back from walk in dog park, music going. Swept off patio and about to enjoy a "zero carb beverage with lime and sparkling water and chill. The world is "right" this day. Tomorrow's worry will be there tomorrow. Dealing with just today, and enjoying my day
  #1462   ^
Old Sat, Oct-15-22, 16:49

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all-

Checking in from Honolulu airport and headed to San Diego. It has been Fun but I am so glad to be headed home tomorrow. I am sleeping poorly and snoring from the bloat and travel etc when I do sleep.

It was a good trip though and I am so lucky to have gone and seen Hawaii. Crossing my fingers that we stay well from our travel.

We get back to Baltimore on Sunday afternoon and then I will be in Maryland until Wednesday probably. After that I am headed to Delaware to get the house cleaned up a bit before I have the Bunco chicks sleep over. I’ll have a couple at my place and then my friend Donna will be hosting some also. It’s too bad it is so close to the Hawaii trip but that was the best time for everyone to meet up. And it will be fun no doubt. It’s just from mid day Friday to around noon Sunday.

Our flight is delayed while we wait for crew to arrive. Hugs to all!
  #1463   ^
Old Sun, Oct-16-22, 06:29

BF:

Safe travels Nicco!!!

-----------fast post, will be back later to chat up all
have some outside landscape work to handle. gonna get outside and get'er done. ugh.

so far all good and holding around here......hope everyone else has it ok right now too!!!!
  #1464   ^
Old Sun, Oct-16-22, 06:40

BF:

Good Morning!

Welcome home Nic!! It is so much fun to go away, but it's great to get back home too. It will take you a bit to get over the jet lag.....that is no joke. Be gentle with yourself. Sounds like you'll be hitting the ground running when you get home.

Jaz.....Hope you're feeling better after your carb-a-pa-looza! Hey, it happens. We live and we learn. Ugh....Thanksgiving. The past few years we've been going to our son and dil's, but now they are split up. I DO NOT want to put on a big dinner, I just don't. I'm not sure what's going to happen, but I will be a grumpy a$$ if I am forced to cook.

Trig....How did driving class and then shopping go? What stores does DD like? I don't even know what stores are around anymore. All our malls are practically closed....some might have a store or 2 left.

--------

It was a beautiful day on the course yesterday. The only problem was the slow play and idiots. I was starving till we were done at nearly 4 o'clock, but I didn't have time to grab anything to eat at the bar, plus it was packed with guys carrying on and talking loudly....PITA. I came home and got something to eat for both me and DH and then we got ready for the cemetery tour. It was fun and done very well. It's a lot of work to put on something like that. I think they had 8 different sites with an actor telling the story of the "occupant". Interesting. It is a very old cemetery with graves dating back to the early 1800's.

Heading to the golf course again this morning around 11. It'll probably be another slow day, but at least I don't have anything going on tonight to get home for. I have some burger in the fridge to make some hamburgers when I get home. I'll probably eat something at the club and make DH a burger. Easy. I have to get my head together and figure out what to have for meals this week. So tired of planning and thinking about it.

Ok.....gotta have more coffee and something to eat. Have good days!
  #1465   ^
Old Sun, Oct-16-22, 06:57

BF:

Good Sunday Morning!

Trig- Today will be a perfect day for outside work! Not too hot, yet sunny and close to 80! Trim it up and make it all shine. You will love it all tidy and ready for Fall. Hopefully you don't need but maybe one more grass cut for the season, if at all! Put that CHOP to work as well! LOLOLOLOLOL

Yup- awesome day for outside work! Then toss a few beef items on the grill for a perfect end to your day!

Lori- I bet you are headed out for your game! How did you do yesterday? Is everything dried out?
Enjoy your day! Did you get your applesauce made? LOL

Nic- Safe travels! Girl, you do know how to burn the candle on both ends! So, this girls Bunko overnight/weekend is with new gals you met in DE already?

I know you will be a tired gal and ready to get home to your sweet spot in DE! That has become a nesting haven for you!
Safe travels today! Thinking about you in the skies today! Long trip for sure!
----------------------------------------------------------------

Back on track for my debacle night before last. It will take several days for sure to "get clean" and lose bloat! There is always "withdrawal" after a fall too I have noticed. I was sorta antsy for "carbs" last night, but did not give in. Like the brain wakes up to them and screams MORE FEED ME!!!!!

Today is just an all round perfect day! Will hit up the dog park so Ruger can get in his running. Then see if I can get the game on. Tampa vs Steelers, that will be a good game. Steelers are not doing well this year though. Starts at one.

I am supposed to meet my neighbor sometime at the pool/grill area- so I will figure that timing out! HAHAHAHAH.

So back on track, still bloaty and wearing my "fat" shorts because of it. Urghhhhhh Totally my bad! Can't wait to get it all off. Amazing just how fast 4.5 pounds went on!

I am really in awe how fast this month is just flying by! Time keeps a ticking.............

Well, speaking of time. Need more coffee and take pooch for a walk!

Back at ya later!
  #1466   ^
Old Sun, Oct-16-22, 08:07

BF:

Hello dear ones,

I’m in San Diego. We went to the hotel and I fell asleep instantly last night which is unheard of for me. Slept from 11 to 5 and we were on the airport shuttle at 5:30 AM. our flight boards in about 15 minutes and will takeoff 20 or 30 minutes after that, and will be found for Maryland! Believe me, I will be glad to get there!

Jazz, the weekend visitors are all from Maryland. I’ve been in a bunco chick‘s group that has evolved from bunco to just general friends for the last 16 years or so. They’re all great ladies and we used to do trips together and so forth before our lives got busier. One of the bunco chicks owns a townhouse in the same beach town that I live in and so we are jointly hosting the bunco chicks for a weekend. Hers is a four bedroom townhouse and mine is a three bedroom house but I suspect hers probably has more sleeping space. It will be fine with me to just have a person or two at my house, because I am tired and socialed out! I’m sure I’ll be over it by the time that comes around next weekend.

Lori, that graveyard thing sounds so cool. I would enjoy seeing something like that. What a cool way to present!

Trig, I hope your head clears up from allergies and sinuses and what not and that you have a great day. I will check in with you all from Maryland tomorrow!
  #1467   ^
Old Mon, Oct-17-22, 06:32

BF:

Good Morning!

OMG.....yesterday I had what was quite possibly the WORST day I've ever spent on the golf course. It didn't have much to do with how I played.....just the experience in general. We allowed a guy who was there alone to join us. What a mistake. My friend knew who he was from seeing him in the bar a few times, but I had never seen him before. He was a pretty good golfer, but so freakin' annoying. Loud, crude(burping & spitting) commenting on EVERY shot that anyone made. The most irritating person I've ever been around. He never shut up. I was a total ball of tension and annoyance the whole day. Add to that how slow play was with a group in front of us just flailing all over the place. ARGHHHH!!!!!! I didn't get home till after 5 o'clock and poor DH had to listen to me b!tching and moaning for a bit. We are playing again till next weekend and I'm glad. Ok, enough of that!

--------

Nic.......Hope you're catching up on your sleep. It'll take a bit, no doubt. Your weekend with friends sounds like so much fun!

Jaz....What's on tap for you this week? Have you looked into any seasonal type jobs just to put some cash in your pocket? It's an option for sure, though it will be a different experience for you. Hope you enjoyed your steaks by the pool! Yes, I made applesauce last Thursday...6 qts.

Trig....What's happening for you this week? Did you get some outside work done yesterday. There's always something to do, isn't there?

----------

My morning is going to fly by. I didn't get up until almost 8 o'clock! I was up at 4 with Gabby and then back to bed. I have to meet "M" at Betty's at 10 and that'll take an hour or so. Then it's home to make a meatloaf for dinner tonight and do some laundry. Hoping for an easy time at Betty's and then a quiet afternoon. After the stress of yesterday, I need some down time.

Last edited by Lori_:) : Mon, Oct-17-22 at 06:41.
  #1468   ^
Old Mon, Oct-17-22, 07:55

BF:

Lori ya had me busting a gut on your golf play day with the 'invited alone guy'....omg Uncle Buck or someone from Animal House HAHA Yea, ya think you are being kind and generous and be neighborly to let someone join in and WHAM......so feel ya on that one gal!!

meatloaf...good choice. I know we don't make it the same but darn if they aren't convenient in the fridge for leftovers, I find they heat up wonderful for a few good meals. yum

Nicco....omg right into social friend time.....yea you need like a month! of down time to recoup from your big paradise adventure but you will make it all work.

Jazz, what ya doing? I am so behind on posts. My sinus brain works slower. woke up to rain this morn but clearing and MY DAMN sinus meds ARE SKYROCKETING in cost. Any of you guys all seen the price hikes in the med depts of the OTC crap we all buy? obscene........ok do not get me started LOL

----------------oh so kiddo hit 3 pairs jeans old navy. cost 128 but if I signed up for credit card it would be 73 so the cashier and my kid brow beated me into opening a damn credit card with old navy LOL So I saved good amt but I got an ol' navy card I need to cancel sooner than later. OMG I AM NOT an open a card for every darn thing person ever HAHA

hubby home now driving me insane. I am off my game with him here this morn.

kid 'home sick' yea right. bit of a cough....she even did a covid test and was negative swearing she is dying....again, yea right.
and she has this friday off for some reason, short wk for this kiddo

today is sirloin steak and shrimp or tuna, some side, it is a smaller steak
dinner will be nice 90/10 burger I bought on sale....big ol' cheeseburgers for later.

all good, just cranking along singing my 'whatever mood I am in' this minute song HA

be good all
  #1469   ^
Old Mon, Oct-17-22, 08:08

BF:

Good Morning - MONDAY!

Why you ask do I always put in the DAY? So, I know! I got a call this morning at 8:30 am and was SO annoyed someone would call me on a SUNDAY morning! Anyway, after I realized that indeed it is Monday............ HAHAHAHAH.

Lori- Woswa girl on that passion over a dude! Sounds like the beginning of one of those Hallmark movies where guy is annoying and by the end they are together! -
Granted you are married so I am just laughing of course. But to let some dude get under your skin like that he must have been a real putz! Of course, I am just yanking your chain here!
As women we all know we are the more civilized of the species! You don't see us chewing a wad and spitting!!!!! LOLOLOL

Anyway, that game I am sure was annoying! - Who are you playing with next weekend? Yea, good games and forgettable are all part! Still a great sport for you!

Yum and Yum on the meat loaf! Do you put sausage in yours?

Nic- Interesting that your Bunco gals are still strong after all those years! So VERY cool! People are so transient anymore it is harder and harder to make real friends.
So, did you learn about your beach house through the lady who also have a place in the same area? Very cool for a girl's weekend! I know you will have an AWESOME time! How many are expected? Are you staying in or going out and exploring? DETAILS!

I know you are happy to be home sweet home! Nothing like your bed after travels! I know your pup is happy to see you as well!
Laundry and clean up I am sure, with down and chill time all in-between!

Trig- How was your weekend?!?!?!?! Did you get alot done on the farm? It truly was a great weekend from what I could tell!

What does this week hold for you? Did the kiddo find pants?
------------------------------------------------------------------

I slept all weekend. I had either a crappy cold, or sinuses that knocked me out. I took some meds as I had a headache and a drippy nose that would not stop, then slept most of a beautiful weekend away. Hense, I thought it was Sunday this morning!
I am thinking it was allergies as they have been fierce this year. I feel much better this morning.

My neighbor didn't mind me cancelling pool/grill out as she was in bed with full symptomatic Covid- so there ya have it! Awesome weekend! At least I am feeling better and ready to move on however slow this morning! It's already 10:00 am and I am just having my 2nd cup of coffee and waking up!

Yea, back to the job boards today- and then dog park later. We are supposed to get a cold snap tomorrow, I do want to get outside a bit and walk the pooch as I feel guilty for sleeping all day yesterday and not taking him for anything but a potty walk!
Too bad I can't just open a back door and say GO! City life at its finest.

I have lost have of the water/ bloat- half to go to get back to baseline low. sighhhhhhhhh. But you know I did learn just how much my body thrives eating clean, carnivore. For right now it is where I need to be. Taking it one day at a time.

That is all I got- a bunch of nothing really, no news. Just back on track and living life and thinking about NEXT!
You know I ask myself this morning: If I could "DO/BE" anything in the world what would that look like?
The only thing that I came up with is a writer, able to sell and make a pretty decent living on producing books. I would have a small beach front cottage overlooking the ocean. My studio would have a window where I could write and look at the ocean, 2-3 dogs at my feet. The beach would be a private kind with just neighbors walking by here and there. the beach house would be just beyond the dunes but high enough to see water.
Total dreaming!

Reality is I will take a seasonal job slinging food down a cahiers belt and pray I make enough to keep the lights on! Yup- I def. did not marry the first one correctly. Well enough of that. I am not one to give up. So- off I go!
I am def. going to follow up with that St. Simon gig I applied for last week!

Menu- getting back menu! BBBE- all this week. Need a true reset. Coffee and almond milk unsweet is ok. Other than that- RESET button.

Have a GREAT and AWESOME MONDAY!
  #1470   ^
Old Mon, Oct-17-22, 08:16

BF:

Hey all!

Trig sorry you are having sinus issues. Costco is great for reduced cost on products for stuff like that and even better with their Costco brand. I also buy Equate from Walmart.

Lori that guy sounds like a total hoser. I would have been hating that right along with you. Never play with him again!

Hey Jaz I am beating you posting now that I am back on EST?

Here and brain addled but that is to be expected with the six hour time difference. DH and I unpacked last night (go us) and laundry is done (mine put away) so making good progress. I need to go through the mail and sort that, pay bills tonight, and go to the store today as the fridge was emptied out etc before we left.

I have no plans to weigh myself for the next few days as I am no glutton for punishment but DH weighed himself this morning like a moron and came in while I was showering this morning to tell me he is now a "fat f**k" I told him to give it five days or so and check again. I can TELL that we have both added some pounds and bloat for sure!

So yeah, today and tomorrow are catch up days. I went and slept in the guest room last night. Dh was snoring and I could not sleep for the life of me, which is to be expected given the time change. I fell asleep around 3, set an alarm for 7:30 and dragged myself up at 8.

I have to get an ultrasound done today just to rule out any issues as I had some spotting a couple of months ago. There is no real concern but since I am post menopause just checking to be sure. Nothing like that sort of fun when you are just back in town! I can't believe I scheduled that for today!

I also have a return to make and a couple of books to return to Buy Nothing folks but I will do that tmrw.

Okay, enough for now. I tell ya, the coffee isn't even doing the trick- my brain is telling me it is time to go back to bed STAT!