Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1441   ^
Old Mon, Oct-10-22, 12:57

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

OMG- so I am now on a new server and phone service! It took up so much of my time this weekend. Apparently the "outage" affected thousands of customers. I was just DONE so I switched- to a new provider for only a few dollars difference in plans. Plus, they offer real person support if needed. Anywho........ resolved and I feel so much better!

Trig
- Rolling over the "French"- "all cool"- when not really! I will say I think French would be very hard! Spanish would seem easier, but what do I know. I speak English and Sarcasm fluently!

I totally get what you mean with those spices and keeping stuff simple, salt/pepper and good to go. But I am able to tolerate simple spices and they are not a combo seasoning you see now, with other additives. I am very careful about all that.

The egg wraps are simple too- and I just add MEAT to the middle and wrap it up with mayo, I don't add leafy greens, or "junk". I have added salsa to anything in months now. Just not interested. Yup- fresh, and simple is the only way. I am just thinking though, I am so accustomed to beef that anything else right now is a disrupter! I also have had "issues" with chicken in the past so I am not surprised.

Are your mini meatloaf basically hamburgers with an egg? I have made up hamburger patties and keep them in the fridge too for a quick something to grab is needed.
Oh man- moldy anything cheese or not makes me cringe! I toss most stuff on day 3 even if still smells ok- no thanks.

I am going to do some shrimp sometime this week though. Got some gulf shrimp/ peeled and deveined! Pop those in some garlic butter- YES and YES. Maybe to top a steak! See just good eating!

Lori-
I don't know about food taking 2 days to hit your system. Usually, food poisoning is pretty fast. The good news it is over, and you feel great- so all good!

Brrrrrrrrrrr your game sounds COLD! I am freezing with any temp below 70. I am so not a cold weather person. No can do.

What does your week look like?

Nic- I had to copy and paste your schedule so we all know. I am taking off the days as they pass! HAHAHAH
Quote:
Monday we are doing something called "Lahaina on your own" which will basically get us to Lahaina and then we can bebop around and do our own thing.

Tuesday Oct 11 we are in Hilo, on the main island of Hawaii. We are doing a tour- "the best of Big Island and Volcanoes National Park."

Wednesday Oct 12 we are in Kona, the opposite side of the Big Island. We will be doing a Dolphin Reef and Captain Cook snorkel trip. We have dinner that evening at the other specialty restaurant at 6:30.

Thursday is two days at Kauai. We will be doing the excursion "Journey to Waimea Canyon" and then in the evening doing a Luau with gardens, dinner and a show.

Friday is also on Kauai. We will doing an excursion called "Discover Kauai." The ship leaves early on that day, 2 pm, because it then goes up and down the Na'pali coast. We will definitely be on our balcony watching this!

Saturday Oct 15th is the end of the trip! We will disembark, head to the airport, fly to San Diego and then spend the night there. The following morning we are up and back to the airport, where we will fly from San Diego back to Baltimore.

So you are off exploring today! waiting for more pic! They are great!
-------------------------------------------------------------

So today has just flown by in my quest to get a different provider. Took hours in their store. I am not motivated for the job hunt today! Just so not.

I went to the dog park but we were all run off with some sort of bee infestation. They were not there yesterday. But everyone was leaving pretty fast when I arrived. I went and looked for myself- there were swarms of them- all over. I was out pretty quick too! So, we are back home, and pup is sleeping right now anyway. I will get his butt up for a walk later.

Sunny and cool- in sweatshirt and leggings! Not much happening today.
Chatted with my DD. She is pretty distraught. Her cat got out and was hit by a car. She lives in the country on a road not used much- so it was just an unlucky thing. The person never stopped. Cat is at the Vets now- I am not hopeful.

We might try do a Thursday get together.

Just puttering rest of day.

WOE: ribeye, and taco meat. That is it. Not real hungry today. I have discovered ICED Coffee! No Carbs- So I take the coffee I have left over from the morning. I put it in fridge, pour over ice later and add cream coconut unsweetened milk, add cinnamon! Too good!

Off into my section of the world!
Sponsored Links
  #1442   ^
Old Tue, Oct-11-22, 05:11

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco......happy you are having a blast.
Memories!

Jazz, cool ya got new phone and internet. I got rubbish here with Spectrum. ugh.

wow on the bees flying around. we got stink bugs by the gazillions right now. I hate those things LOL

Lori, how was golf....ya feeling better? hope so.

-----------easy peasy day. off and running fast now for some errands where the stores open at 7am. yea my kind of store. outta here and back later to chat up.
nothing doing, just same ol', same ol'
but Brrr....nice thing is my power bill dropped tons shutting off the AC
  #1443   ^
Old Tue, Oct-11-22, 05:31

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Geez, almost 7:30 and I'm only on my first cup of coffee. I was up at 4 with Gabby and back to bed. DH just left to stop and get Betty some breakfast and then off to the mountain to hunt....again. He loves it, so I just grin and bear it. I, on the other hand, am heading to the golf course.....again. We both have our "things". After today, no golf until Saturday and Sunday.

My stomach is still not quite right. No more nausea, but my guts are rolling quite a bit. Just bloating and discomfort. I'm just happy to not be sick. I can deal with this.

Betty's caregiver comes back tomorrow after being away for a week Her friend came yesterday and bathed her and helped her change into a clean robe etc. I'm expecting Betty to say that she doesn't need "M" to come tomorrow. We're already cutting her down to two days a week at Betty's request. I'm still going to pay her what I would for 3 days. I don't want to lose her. Betty likes her, but just doesn't think she needs her that often.....sigh. I'm just trying to keep the peace and do the best I can.

Well, I need to find something for breakfast. I have a headache this morning for some reason. It's foggy right now but supposed to clear up and be beautiful. I'm going to try to just enjoy the day and not "fuss" about how poorly I'm playing. A couple good shots per round keep you coming back.

Have good days!
  #1444   ^
Old Tue, Oct-11-22, 06:19

BF:

Good Morning!

Lori- I don't want to alarm you but you really might want to consider taking a Covid test. GI upset and headache are part of the strain going around! Especially if you are seeing Betty. That is my concern. I know for young healthy people we recover. Just a thought. I know personally of 2 of my pals who have Covid as I type this, and the headache and GI was part of it. Better safe than not! KWIM? I sure hope not! But it is certainly going around again, as is the stomach flu!
I just love this time of year! NOT! Everyone starts getting sick, with school back, it seems! My grandkids are home sick too! Comes with the season! You can get those tests at CVS pretty cheap! Plus, it will give you peace of mind if neg. for Betty's sake. - Sorry you are still feeling wonky!

I hear ya on keeping everyone happy. You do what you can until it isn't working then come up with plan B. Thankfully, M is hanging in there! That is good!!!

Yay on Saturday! Hope the weather holds out for ya!

Lets see where Nic is today........
Quote:
.Tuesday Oct 11 we are in Hilo, on the main island of Hawaii. We are doing a tour- "the best of Big Island and Volcanoes National Park."
sounds interesting. I might have to Google that!

Trig- - yeah switching providers wasn't an option. I kept my iPhone as it is working just fine, but the service provider I needed to switch. I ended up with Spectrum! HAHAHAHAH. I am required by the apt complex to use them for internet. I think they are crap as well. I would much rather gone with At&T, maybe next place I land!

OMG- so the steak I had last night was sour. Have you ever had "sour" meat? I tossed it after a couple bites thinking it was really bad meat. It looked fine, but had a funky smell too. NO WAY. Ended up with leftover hamburgers. No problem. I was super busy anyway and drink so much coffee it killed the want for food. It was a "well I guess I should eat something day.

yup the bees are out in swarms- I wonder if you get them like I do here. Also, the copperheads are big here too! That is one thing about the south I can do without. The bugs, and gators, and snakes! OH MY! Sing along...........

I am wanting some good smoked BBQ though. Skip the sauce
However, today I am having a 3 egg omelet with diced ham, and Goat cheese "feta" just a little for taste! That is going to be very good!
I have a ham steak waiting and fresh eggs! I could also do an egg bake with it too- hey yea..... it would last a minute too! Ok just talked myself into that! Dinner today and tomorrow! Done and done! See how easy that is!

Back to the rat race today with a list of places I want to look at! Walk is also in the picture.
I had to turn on my heat for the FIRST time since I have been here. Yup- it set off the fire alarm at 7am before I had my coffee. LOLOLOL

Later gators!
  #1445   ^
Old Tue, Oct-11-22, 06:29

BF:

Jaz....Yes, I have heard that a small percentage of "C" infections have GI symptoms at first, followed by the cough and congestion. I have no signs of congestion and I believe the headache is morning dehydration as it has passed after a glass of water and a cup of coffee. I did take my temp the other day and there was no sign of fever. I last saw Betty the day before I got sick and won't see her again until tomorrow. I could wear a mask, but DH & I don't have the option of not going in to see her. She is totally helpless on her own. It's a problem for sure.
  #1446   ^
Old Tue, Oct-11-22, 06:51

BF:

Lori, yea I get ya on 'no choice' but to see her and help her so do you on that one for sure. it is what it is literally. I was surprised with the headache but normal like ya say thru dehydration, have some golf beers to make ya feel better whatever 'you had' is lingering a tad and got ya but better days are to come as ya 'get over it' I would think. nothing worse than that ick feeling for sure!!

No deer yet for DH? Hubby never said nothing on hunting, I kinda don't wanna ask cause I KNOW he is reeling but he mentioned from friends with leases and I think he is planning a hunt with some of them??? again, not asking, sore subject for him LOL

Jazz, yea I hit 'ick steaks' easily. they look SO fresh and great but ya open that package and think...hmm...I still eat it but if that funk is a 'tad too much' I draw the line too. thankfully it happens very little so....we zc people just roll with it..

You got sprectrum...gosh help ya, they suck. I SO wanted ATT but they are not in my rural area. 0 cable around said I am in an ATT block out zone...unlucky me cause they had a plan I SO wanted but nope. no go.

watch 'over eggin' yourself' as in they fit the bill but their nutritional density and nutrients will never 'be meat' ya know. Keep the eye on ribs, steaks, chick and pork as a 'heavy meat meal', means alot to us zc people. Many of us 'go lighter in eating' til we can put ourselves in a bad kinda spot so always keep higher density meat. Burger is always a safe bet!

-------------got home from small shop I had to do. OMG on prices. DO NOT get me going here!

NY Strip steak first meal. second will be country pork ribs.
done

I am good but blah. winter blah coming at me and me and hubby on at odds on travel. HE ONLY wants surf fishing at the beach or 'why bother traveling' and I am like, OMG I WANNA see other crap too ya know LOL yea 80% beach cause I am that but he wants 100% beach or 'why bother'....well hell ain't I a bother that should be given some consideration? Again, don't get me going on that one....this WILL BE worked out HAHA

omg such bs in life ya know
soldier on all
  #1447   ^
Old Wed, Oct-12-22, 05:10

BF:

Good Morning!

No golf today. We had a great day yesterday.....sunny & 70 after the fog burned off. It was a really nice day & I actually played a bit better too! We'll be back at it Saturday and Sunday. Next week looks cold with possible snow flurries, so we'd better enjoy the weekend!

Today I'll meet "M" at Betty's and see what we can do. Probably change her bed & hopefully she'll agree to other care. I know she'll try to say that she doesn't need a bath since she just had one on Monday.....sigh.....it's a struggle. I also have to run to the laundromat and do some of her laundry. Getting my hair cut/colored this afternoon and then we're going out to dinner with DS to Texas Roadhouse. It's been a while since we've been out. DH is hungry for ribs. Not sure what I'll have....probably a filet. My favorite.

---------

Trig.....I'll be right there with you on the winter blahs. Coming up quickly. How is DD doing with her French catch-up work?

Nic.....Thinking of you and your fabulous trip. So much to see and do in Hawaii. Jealous!

Jaz.....Turning on your heat sets off your fire alarm?? WTH is that all about?

--------

A couple hours before starting my morning chores. Have a good day!
  #1448   ^
Old Wed, Oct-12-22, 07:06

BF:

Lori best of luck convincing Betty. at that age it is a very hard thing to do to 'convince' when they are super hyper set in their ways and thoughts. I mean I get it....truly....at that age when my mom said no she meant it all in and I was like, hmm, at my age I say no and hate bobbin' and weavin' to give in and later in my life I think, hell no I ain't ever givin' in again HAHA so I get B on her thoughts on this one......all you guys can do is manuever til life forces changes in our faces point blank.
so feel ya on that one

Kiddo on French. omg she is SO over me on her azz. she is like 'chill mom' and I said I chilled the whole time you TOLD me and lied to me 'you got this' on all grades every time I asked and yea, ALL makeup work is being submitted today to her own angst and my on her butt full time to do just that.

she is in transition. she is now loving and hating senior year. she is leave me the hell alone to do 'my own thing' and then is begging for massive help like a 'small kid' ya know. In that big swing of how do I vault ahead and 'do me' and I am like, girl, you got more big sh** changes coming, so hold on for the ride LOL

you can only say so much til they tone ya out and I did it too as we all do it in life but at some point, hmm, she still is relying on me to 'get her thru' and I said hey, I will be there for all your life to do just that, but don't think I will ever do it all for ya....pony up or fail at some things that can be important.

this stupid language is massive important to pass to get into freshman yr at a college so I said....think about that and don't pretend I can 'fix' it later cause I can't and it seems like she is NOW getting it all more.

thank heavens I only got one kid truly. more than 1 and more personalities to handle I don't think I COULD get thru so more power to all with alot of kids to raise LOL
  #1449   ^
Old Wed, Oct-12-22, 09:10

BF:

Good Morning!

Gray, spitting rain, humid and low 70's here!
Urghhhhh- The gray days are going to be hit and miss and then we flip the clock back for the LAST TIME EVER this year!

Trig- OMG you had me rolling over the post with kiddo! You have a real deal Teen/young adult on your hands! They truly are: LEAVE ME ALONE- NO WAIT COME BACCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!! ! Yup and Yup! You are so supportive, but you are right, she does need to fly and test those wings a bit! Momma can't fix everything ALL the time. Teach her to pull up those bootstraps and deal- it is coming her way. We would rather have strong gals then those that depend on some (man) to get them through life.
I don't mean that she shouldn't have healthy relationships and all. But teaching our daughters to be strong regardless of what is tossed at them is a gift to our kids! You got this!

Omg you and I need to huddle in a corner with an adult beverage, over a bonfire and b!tch and solve the world's problems! Don't get me rolling over the cost of eggs, or mayo, ect, ect, ..............LOLOLOL

You and hubby deciding where to go next? Yea- you will work that out! Maybe a lake could be a compromise. No worries there!

I agree that beef for me is the best. The rest is bonus, ribs, eggs, bacon, meat. I thrive best on beef. But would like to have a bit of variety on those days I am not real hungry. I do like those Egg life wraps. I pack them with meat or make "noodles" out of them for beef and noodles. YUM and so YUM! All for 1 total carb!

Lori- I hear ya on being the primary caregiver to Betty! Glad you are "over" whatever you had.
I am in shock you mentioned SNOW next week! Well crap on a cracker- the summer is REALLY GONE!!!!! WAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAA........ sulking!

Time to get in as much play time as you can get!
Oh- enjoy your dinner! I am curious to see how much they have jack up the prices!

I heard that restaurants and staff are really struggling right now. I read that this waitress actually confronted a table for leaving her 2 bucks. Her post got a TON of responses! People are pretty slit about the tipping issue! It is a hard job and people should be paid for hard work, but that could apply to all service industries! Yup- we need to solve the world's problems! HAHAHAHAHAHAH.
How did I get sidetracked to that tangent?!?!?!?

Yup I got laundry to do today too! ho hum...... and bathroom, and unload my dishwasher, domestic goddess.

Nic- Hummmmmm Lets see what you are doing today!
Quote:
Wednesday Oct 12 we are in Kona, the opposite side of the Big Island. We will be doing a Dolphin Reef and Captain Cook snorkel trip. We have dinner that evening at the other specialty restaurant at 6:30.

Thursday is two days at Kauai. We will be doing the excursion "Journey to Waimea Canyon" and then in the evening doing a Luau with gardens, dinner and a show.

Friday is also on Kauai. We will doing an excursion called "Discover Kauai." The ship leaves early on that day, 2 pm, because it then goes up and down the Na'pali coast. We will definitely be on our balcony watching this!

Saturday Oct 15th is the end of the trip! We will disembark, head to the airport, fly to San Diego and then spend the night there. The following morning we are up and back to the airport, where we will fly from San Diego back to Baltimore.
- Ok now we know. HAHAHAH
Enjoy your snorkeling - PIC'S!!!
--------------------------------------------------------

Sent out 19 applications yesterday and got back 5 "Dear John" letters already.
So I was reading an article that so many people are changing up jobs right now AND companies are tightening up their belts it is rough out there! Tossing my pennies for a few options and not giving up!

Making a new batch of bone broth in my pressure cooker today. I am down to one batch left in freezer. I use fresh bone beef neck bones from the butcher! I love a fresh cup with an egg dropped in it or some beef and a pat of butter! Seriously it is so good. It takes 2 days to make. 2 hours on low pressure and 18-20 hours of low and slow then on crockpot mode. I don't have to switch pots either. Puch the button and forget about it.

Running over to Greenville to see the kids tomorrow. Meeting DD at the BBQ joint then will take kids to park after school. It is supposed to clear up!!!!!-

Today is PJ day for sure- gray, and gross out. I need to follow up on some of those emails and then have to tidy up, laundry, ect.

Fresh grassfed beef thawed for patties and beef sausage leftover. Easy- and 100% on plan.
BTW- goat cheese is totally off the menu- I just give up. I am allergic to dairy and it nails me EVERY time. Cow or goat doesn't matter. Hey, tried it and NOPE. OK just done. I don't crave it as much. And the feta crumbles even for taste - gave me the bloating and rumbles. No thanks!

That is, it from my corner of the world!
Have a good one!
  #1450   ^
Old Wed, Oct-12-22, 12:52

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all!

I actually have some internet so I am excited about that! We have been really busy so it’s been OK but I don’t think I’ve ever been as cut off from the Internet if I have been over the last several days. I’m actually using a Wi-Fi hotspot at the moment off of my phone so that I can use my iPad. I just read a few days of what’s going on with you all.

Jaz, I’m excited you’re gonna get to see your daughter. Was your last visit with her canceled? I’m also super excited you’re going to get to see the kids! Oh wait, now that I think about it didn’t you see her but her husband was there also?

Keep passing those applications in and sooner or later something will land. It’s crazy how long it is taking. I hope that financially you’re holding up well. I imagine it’s a little stressful!

Lori it’s good that your husband is keeping busy with his thing and you’re keeping busy with yours! I actually think that is the key to a good marriage. I hope that your stomach settles down and you’ll be back to 100% soon.

It boggles my mind how resistant Betty is to help given her age and her incapacitation. I understand wanting to have an opinion but at some point she has to understand the toll it’s taking on the people who are trying to help her.

Trig, I almost dropped my fork when you talked about wanting to do things other than the beach! What kinds of things would you like to go and do or see? I would love to hear more about this!

Your daughter sounds like a true senior with 1 foot out the door and 1 foot still in. It reminded me a lot of the toddler years with the “go away but I need you”attitude of the age! It sounds like she’s doing really well though.

We are having a fun time. Our excursion for today got canceled and honestly if we weren’t sad about it because we have literally been running and running and running. We really just needed a down day. I’m excited to have a little bit of time on the Internet and Take a walk into town for a while. We have a dinner reservation for tonight and a show or two to see.

I feel like so far we’ve gotten a relatively good feel of the different islands. They are all different from each other and it has been interesting to see. I feel like the one that I haven’t been to yet, Kauai, is possibly the one I’m going to like the most. That being said, as a vacation spot I don’t think Hawaii is a place that I would feel compelled to visit again at this point.

Several things going on with the kids lately. DD has been offered a job at her old high school as an English teacher. She hast to decide by Friday and is having a difficult time making a decision. The pros and cons come out relatively even. I’ll be interested to see what she decides. It would allow her to move out of special education which is been doing for the past six years and was looking for a change. The pay is a little bit less and she’ll certainly be doing a lot of grading. She would be teaching two 12th grade English classes, one AP English class and a humanities class.

DS24, yes he just had a birthday!, has been getting a lot of positive feedback from law schools. The top law schools are encouraging him to apply by waiving their fees, he has an interview with Georgetown in a couple of weeks, and he got a full ride scholarship offer from Arizona State which is a top 30 law school. It will be super interesting to see how he does in the admissions process over the next few months. My understanding is that Duke is also showing some interest as well as some other schools.

I might try to send a picture here or there but I have fairly limited Internet included as far as a hotspot goes. I think five gigs. Let me try sending a picture too and see how it goes. I miss checking in with you all. I will also say that I feel like an Oompa Loompa!
  #1451   ^
Old Thu, Oct-13-22, 06:43

BF:

Good Morning!

Rainy, cool day here. I'm planning to not set foot out of the house today. DH is running some errands and then he'll be home underfoot. He's not working his part-time job today and no hunting either because of the rain. I stumbled down the stairs this morning and he started asking me all kinds of questions about this and that.....I said "Please just let me have my coffee.....I can't think about anything right now." Sigh........ We are going to make applesauce today. It won't take long and at least he will stop harping at me about it. We still have a container in the freezer from last year!

Everything went fine with Betty yesterday. Sometimes I imagine she's going to put up resistance, but she seldom does. I need to quit worrying about it. She says stuff to DH sometimes and he comes home and tells me and then I prepare myself for the worst. She was perfectly docile and cooperative as "M" and I did what needed done.

I got my hair cut and colored yesterday. Same style....short in the back and sides with a long side bang. The back is a copper color and the long bang is blonde. Love it! This old girl is not ready to go gray just yet!

Dinner at TX Roadhouse was so good! I had a filet and a skewer of grilled shrimp. I was so full last night.....going to eat much lighter today. Our DS leaves for Jamaica tomorrow. He's going to a buddy's wedding. There are like 60 friends traveling from our area to go. They will have a blast. It's a bunch of his cop friends. I would imagine some of them will be taking wives and girlfriends, but DS will be solo since he and his wife recently split up. I think he does better single.....he's so independent.

----------

Nic....Thanks for the update! Yes, vacation can be exhausting. When we did a couple of European cruises we were so booked with tours and stuff to see that we were SO happy to have a down day.

Jaz....Have a fun day with the kids! I'm sure the Grands are really looking forward to seeing you. Hope the weather cooperates.

Trig....Yes.....tell us where/what you are wanting to go. Hope you and DH can come to terms on a plan.

------------

Well, I guess I'd better get myself pulled together. I have a mountain of laundry to tackle. Once DH gets home, he'll be ready to rip into the applesauce making.

Last edited by Lori_:) : Thu, Oct-13-22 at 06:48.
  #1452   ^
Old Thu, Oct-13-22, 08:37

BF:

Good Morning!

Lori- I would love to see a pic of your hair. I bet it is cute as can be! I am not going GRAY anytime soon either! Nope and Nope, not as long as Loreal is still in biz!

Omg I rolled about hubby "yacking" right out of the gate in the morning! I'm with you on that one! Should be a noise ordinance before coffee!!!!!! My son will call me sometimes before coffee, I give the "yup, ok, nod, and drink my coffee. He knows better! HAHAHAHAH.

I love the smell of homemade applesauce! Does Betty eat it too? PJ day for you! Love that!

Nic- Loved your check in! How was your dinner and show. I bet that back to back "stuff to do" can be exhausting. So interesting that you say- "yeah HI is great but been that done that, no need to go back!" I get ya on that on. I think alot of places are that way! They hype you, then you go and then have no want to go back!

AWESOME on the "kids" news! Truly just GOOD news! I know you are proud! If DD takes the other job would that require a move? Interesting that your DD and my DD are teachers. Keep posted on that!
Enjoy your last few days!

Trig-- time to dig out the sweaters and vitamin D!!!! Goodness!
Anymore chat with DD on collage thoughts where she might want to go? You said instate- that is a sweet deal! How far would she be from you? Truly a fun time ahead for your family!

Did you and hubby decide on next road trip?!?!?!?HAHAHAH
What's for dinner?
-------------------------------------------------------------

So, my DD called me hysterical this morning. HER cat was hit by a car and the driver drove off and left it at the side of the road for dead. Long story she is saving it and it is undergoing emergency surgery as I type this. She has cried so much her eyes are almost swelled shut. Needless to say, we are rescheduling today.

I am yes still applying. So today will just be more applications out the door. I do have an interview I am less than excited about at 12:30. Thing is I apply for these jobs and then when you hear about them, I am like- ummm no. The one today is for a supervisor for a home health company. It will depend on if I am required to be "in the field".

I did apply this morning for a position I WOULD TAKE IN A HEART BEAT! It is an education position for medically fragile patients, teaching them how to stay out of the hospital. I love to teach! ADD to the fact this position is across the St. Simon bridge! YES PLEASE!
I would live on St. Simon and drive over the bridge every day to Brunswick to work, then back "home" to my beach! I would miss the kids, but at the end of the day we all need to do what gives us joy! KWIM? They would visit I am VERY sure!

Rain clearing off today and it's going to be STELLAR the next few days through Tue. then the temps are going to plummet. Pure sun and 80's on tap. But right now, it is still SO wet out!

Feeling like picking up a pot roast or short ribs for my pressure cooker since I have it out. I am going to run up to the meat store and see what is on sale!

Back later gators!
  #1453   ^
Old Fri, Oct-14-22, 05:43

BF:

Lori you always have me laughing on your 'chirpy hubby' in the morn routine!!
Glad all is 'kinda set' right now with Betty!!
I know you love your hair color like I do still. Ain't dead yet and ain't going gray yet just like you!! Cool
Your DS having to go to a destination wedding is so cool, I KNOW he is gonna have blast, love that for him!!

There is only 2 of you. laundry to tackle? I swear if it was just me ya know but my hubby and kid PRODUCE so much it is insanity. I know the washer/dryer does ALL the work, but ya know what, IT DOES NOT really

Nicco, oh it ain't much for travel. I wanna see a few things like hit the Painted Desert in AZ, wanna hit San Antonio for River Walk, do the Chevy Chase look at the Grand Canyon and move on, a hole in the ground is great but after that? plus I wanna try metal detecting for gold out west and then I want Alaska just to see damn Alaska and not much truly.....but I want some travel and all summer time, when any winter colder hits I will be coastal beach for sure so like 90/10 maybe in life. 90 beach, 10 travel as I can to see the little I wanna I been around traveling younger and I know one thing, I ONLY LIKE SO MUCH and am not a mt person but I wanna see like some ghost towns out west and that kinda thing. Then move me on LOL I am a one trick pony, been there, seen it, done it cool but I want that one time ya know. I am bike, hike, kayak but with hubby's back he hates and won't do bike, hike kinda but doesn't like it truly and then kayak is hard on back again so it is like he is wanting to surf fish and hit the beach as he loves and call it a day....I am not a call it a day yet person. I want coastal retirement for sure but hell, not today, I am going on 61 and while older I sure ain't done and moving just yet but now it is like I gotta think dragging along the ball and chain ya know...ugh

Your trip is wonderful to read about and your pics are fab...thanks for sharing all that. An excursion cancelled, yea ya need some do nothing down time for sure....enjoy it!!!

Jaz, hope the cat makes it ok thru surgery and recovery. I got like '10k' into my dog at this point LOL I tell ya but they are worth it in the end. Just hope her cat wasn't hammered too bad and can pull thru with a good vet and care!!

Cool on that St Simon job.....something ALWAYS brings you back there. sign from the heavens to me for ya

kid I think is all in for Western in NC. She is doing applications and more so we shall see what goes down. Yea she is in that trans mode of 'baby' to 'omg I gotta do this life crap on my own' and it is wild watching the changes hitting Told her always we got her back so that should give her a 'go for it attitude' ya know with her knowing no matter what MA and PA can fix things when they go sideways

------------sinus. did some weed work at barns the other day. omg. bowling ball head. no trip planned, irked the hell by hubby so I said F it. I ain't planning jack LOL I am in rebel state in a way. Just being

Chicken wings and chicken breasts. will do breasts in alfredo sauce with parm. got burger as back up which I might need since chicken is oh so light and wings (4 big 'uns) still don't satisfy but I am steak'd out at this point.

Need lottery win for crab and lobster and more

be good all
  #1454   ^
Old Fri, Oct-14-22, 06:29

BF:

Good Morning!

This is gonna be a day. I have to meet "M" at Betty's at 10 for clean up and who knows what? Then at 12:30 her nurse is coming for a vitals check. Then at 3, a nurse practitioner is coming to give her a check-up. DH is hunting and I was not a happy camper last night when he said he would be in the woods all day and I'm left on my own. I didn't say much, but I have the gift of letting him know I'm pi$$ed without saying much. This morning he told me that he would be back in time for the 3 o'clock appt. I told him it didn't matter as I was planning to go anyway. Whatever. Yeah, he's coming home early. We have an issue in that Betty has decided that she's going to stop taking one of her meds as she thinks it is giving her diarrhea, which is not ideal when you are stuck in bed. She does an amazing job of cleaning herself up, but it is still gross. This med is to regulate her heart(she has heart failure). I don't think stopping the med is a great idea, but she's going to do what she's going to do. We have a call in to her Dr. and we will also discuss with the NP today. This thing we have with Betty is such a cause of stress for us. Sometimes I get mad and dwell on how it's not fair for us and feel sorry for myself. I need to shake myself out of it and realize that it is what it is and life is not fair. Poor Betty sure did not deserve what she's going thru either.
-----------

Jaz....OMG, I hope the job at St. Simon comes thru. How awesome! Also hoping DD's cat makes it. Just gut wrenching.

Trig.....I feel you on just saying F it sometimes. You just get tired of banging your head against the wall with stuff. Yet, we have to keep going. Things always seem to have a way of working themselves out.

Nic......How are you enjoying Kauai? We spent a week there when we did our Hawaii trip back in 2008. Lovely. Safe travels home.

-----------

Well, I have about an hour before I meet "M". Starting next week, Betty only wants 2 visits a week, so Monday and Friday. We'll see how it goes. I'm sorry my posts are always the same, but that's my life right now.

Happy weekend all!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Fri, Oct-14-22 at 06:48.
  #1455   ^
Old Fri, Oct-14-22, 07:29

BF:

Good Morning,

Lori-
Quote:
gift of letting him know I'm pi$$ed without saying much.
PRICELESS!!!! LOLOLOL
Oh........ You have the patience of a saint. There is NO WAY I would be dealing with all you are with Betty. It is actually really selfish of her at this point. I am pisst for you! But you are getting through so,,,,,, keeping the peace at this late juncture might be best. I think the time to have moved her to a facility is way past. Once they (oldies) get to a point even moving them can be critical. HUGS and more HUGS to ya friend. This is not forever as it is not sustainable. Hang in there!
Start planning a SUPER vacay for next Spring/ Summer- make it a good one too! Give yourself permission to look past this period of time! You got this! :hugs:

Are you all done with golf for the season? I think you are playing this weekend?????

Trig- Love the momma got the kiddo's back forever! You are such a good mom. She is blessed to have such a great relationship with you. It will carry her far!
Fingers crossed on Western! Perfect for her!

Girl- go schedule you a trip and drag that "ball and chain" with you anyway! He can suck up every now and again. Pack it up and put his butt in the back and away you roll. Get him a 6 pack of beer and he will simmer down and roll with it all! They are mostly more bark than bite!

Chicken- MEH, enjoy. Wings are an appetizer. I do like them in my air fryer. But then they need followed up with "something". I feel like I am "missing" something with chicken. Besides it is not my fave, but learning to add it here and there.
I picked up a can of lump crab for making a couple crab cakes using egg and pork rinds as a binder. They will be a side to a steak! I do have shrimp ready to thaw as well. They too are an appetizer.
Still meat loving here! Although in the bounce house right now!

Nic
- lets see where you are, so glad you wrote out your schedule for ME! HAHAHAHAH
Quote:

Saturday
Oct 15th is the end of the trip! We will disembark, head to the airport, fly to San Diego and then spend the night there. The following morning we are up and back to the airport, where we will fly from San Diego back to Baltimore.

So it looks like today is your truly last day before travel day tomorrow! Enjoy! Been loving the pics and notes! [B]You ladies are so great about "sharing your vacays" !!!!!!!! [/
------------------------------------------------------

Sun is back out and going to be 80's all though Monday! Neighbor and I are going to meet up at the pool Sunday and then grill steaks on Sunday! I might splurge and pick up some rum and Lacroix and lime for a last real "summer splash" at the pool. Sounds fun!

Today is just as beautiful and 70's full sun! I am going to hit the job boards again until noon today and then take off the rest of the day and weekend. I have been hunting rather hard this week and just feel that companies are slowing down in hiring, interviewing and all of it.
They are most likely not going to pick it back up until the beginning of the year. That is a very real reality for me. I most likely will need to ditch the "real job" for a seasonal position for a few months.
Signs of the times. I have even applied for a couple part time gigs to work them both. Ageism is alive and well to boot. I will be ok, no worries- yet.
I just won't be eating crab again any time soon!!!!!!

My DD kitty made it through surgery and will be coming home tomorrow. She is so relieved, and 5k poorer! Yea- ..............it is what it is. Glad her kitty made it.

Beautiful day! Going to enjoy it!
Burgers today!!!! Yum