Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#121   ^
Old Thu, Dec-08-22, 16:58

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

I'm so sorry to bail on this post. I just got notified I need to start and Finish 28 modules before 5pm tomorrow and was on line with the IT guys to get me int the system to start them. This just sucks the big one- SO NOT COOL.

Ruger- had a bummer day at the beach- it was one of those days.

Got to get back to this testing. I am so stressed over it I am broken out in hives. Happens rarely- but when it does it is major stress.

Back tomorrow
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Fri, Dec-09-22, 04:21

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

No sleeping in today for this girl. At 4:15, Gabby decided she wanted breakfast before she went out. She's such a joy.

--------

Jaz.....It sounds like you have quite a day ahead of you. Why did they drop this on you at the last minute? Sigh......On-boarding to a new job seems like such a hassle these days. Of course, it's probably a common practice in the medical field...so much to know! Hope you get through it without too much problem.

Nic......What's shakin' in DE this weekend?

Trig....Hope Bolt continues to hold his own. Did DD get her French assignments all done and submitted?

--------

I'm thinking about taking myself out for breakfast today. It's meant to be an UP day since I had a Down day yesterday. I'm not actually too hungry just yet, but I'm thinking by about 9AM I'll be starving.

No plans other than a quick grocery store run. I think I'll try to find everything I need at Aldi. I'm starting to like that store.

Have good days!
  #123   ^
Old Fri, Dec-09-22, 06:04

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, Aldi sure has some sweet products and deals. I liked their eggs held at 2.35 a dozen, then I went last wk with hubby on way back from DMV and eggs are now 4.25. BOO!!! I can't find cheapy egg prices. With all my land I am thinking of getting chickens, HELL NO HAHA been there done that ain't ever owning them suckers again

I was up at 4. Just fell alseep early watching some crap on tv and bam, eyes open earlier....ugh.....some times it makes for such a long day feeling ya know.
well, I think you know too like me

Jazz, chill. working for the man sucks rocks but you will be ok and get thru it all. Soon you will be in the day to day of work and life and all will be fine.

Great pics ya sent us. I can easily tell in your face you lost some serious lbs. Looking good girl!!

Nicco, I don't trust me either. I know 'a certain taste/spoonful of say mashed taters dipped in gravy' when I make it for family, yes I can have one and be fine, don't care all good. I know me on certain foods. Some I know I can't even pretend to want to taste it and think I will be fine, cause I am not. If I trigger that right food intake, even one bite, I can be off on a binge of epic crazy.

Ya know I wish that wasn't me still but it is. I think the brain game of it all plays a big part ya know. Little sad or blue or over stressed or ?? means I 'deserve to eat all the crap' I want in life and f it ya know HAHA but reality ain't that is it? You are smart for holding very tight. Best way to get results and train the ol' body and mind for sure!!

Your kids vary. Music lover and career and ambition in that field to lawyer material and more. I love that. Everyone gets 'their deal' in life as they want and need. So cool you as parents give them that rein and that support.

--------------more rain and gray and ick. I tell ya guys. Got that sinus ache behind eyes but not bad thank heavens. Hubby is feeling it worse. Kid is good, has 3 school days left next week and then OFF for 25 days. 25 days it falls over xmas break for them? my gosh. we will be having her drive everywhere in that time too

French. omg. she had 2 late assignments I 'tried like heck' to get her to do on time, yea got it mom, it is ok mom, got it covered mom and nope. Grade is now a 52. IF ALL work done and turned in maybe a 60 to just pass? no idea at this point but she has rest of year to pass the class so I am on her tight. This weeks 5 assignments she got 3 done, next 2 due Sat so I will be on her to complete and check. Just shoot me over this ya know. Never ever did I have to watch her on any class or grades, now this one? yikes and a freakin' super important one? ugh

pork loin and who knows. might defrost chicken.

hubbys work place gave out hams and turkeys to employees and since Levi loves him to no end, he got included. Honey glazed Ham is nice. Sprial cut. Turkey, omg. Pre-cooked, glazed in honey and sorghum and something else sweet and looks just like nasty ya know. Not an attractive turkey in a big ol' bag to reheat....hmmm....I ain't eating any of it Hubby all excited to try it all, and tried the ham last night and loved it so.....I am super scared of that turkey monster that came home tho HA

dog doing 'ok'. Hubby thinks he will crash down but I swear, somehow, the diagnosis is warped but with such horrifying bloodwork that came back? I just don't know...little longer and off to new vet if he contines to be fine and all....just to see what is happening that my vet mighta called wrong? I don't know again....bleck

over and out and be good all
  #124   ^
Old Fri, Dec-09-22, 09:18

BF:

Good Morning!

Yesterday was frekin rough. I was given a OH BTW- you have 28 modules with testing on each one due by 5 pm TODAY. I got this info yesterday at 1 pm. BEFORE I could start them, I had to call IT- and get help to even get an account for the hospital to get signed in ,,,,,,,,,,,,, then the internet in this condo went out and I had to call the landlord...............

This all happened AFTER my precious Ruger decided to run away in the middle of a 4-lane road in the middle of Folly beach. He slipped his collar (no collar then) and bolted into the middle of traffic. I go barreling after him in the middle of traffic. He stopped traffic both ways. Then he got scared and sat down in the middle of the street. All I could see was dead dog in my head.

So- yeah- I am not shocked I broke out in hives. I no longer have welts- just small bumps now. So, yeah.......BREATHE!!!!!!

I stayed up starting and finishing those Modules and testes. Modules are "learning activities" to see where one is in the healthcare field. So, you go through slides and policies and procedures and then test on it. Passing is 80% - or you take it again. I was up pretty late.

Trig- your kiddo gets 25 days off?!?!?!?!?!?!? Wowsa! That is some break there!

I think it is really cool that your hubby got a ham, and turkey from Honey Baked???? I end up rinsing if off before I eat it. I still gain weight due to the salt and sugar.
I do splurge sometime and rinse off the ham and mix it with eggs. I don't have it often.

I am happy that little Bolt "doing better". I do agree though when he goes "down" again it might be pretty fast. That happened with Bella. Hopefully, he can hang on a bit longer until after the holidays.

I was happy to read that the kiddo still has an opportunity to pass that horrendous French class. I feel for her!

She still thinking about instate school? Has she gotten accepted yet?

It got gray here today too!

Nic- - I am so happy for your DS! It sounds like his world is so open. I am excited for him, and it will be interesting to see where he heads! So, will he and his bride be leaving NYC?

Are they all coming for Christmas? Are you ready? How long are you staying in DE?!?!?!?

I am glad you are back on your WOE plan and feel good about it!
I get not wanting to dwell on food anymore. I know that it can go one of two ways. One you think about it all the time and then one ends up eating more. I do get it. I find though recipes and looking at how other people eat motivating to STAY the COURSE! So, it is just perspective.
That being said- I eat VERY simple these days.
I guess from a science perspective and nurse I am VERY interested in the health benefits and studies that are coming out.

I think we the people have been duped by big pharma, and the food industry and healthcare (sickcare) industry. Think about all those BILLIONS of dollars to be lost if we the "People" stopped eating junk! I know it is a pipe dream. I do from a healthcare perspective like to hear the shifts in thinking. Ok- off my soapbox! HAHAHAHAH

Lori- I will be getting up early starting next Monday. It will be interesting to see how my body adjusts to the need for food. Will I get hungry earlier?

When I was at the hospital, I noticed that my co-worker (who ate constantly) made me hungry. She would get "breakfast", lunch, and snacked all the way through the day until she went home to make dinner. Was sort of gross but smelling it did get the tummy wanting something.

Hey I like Aldie's! I think it is smart to shop there if you can! They have some cool stuff there. Did you know that they are owned by Trader Joes????? They do have some interesting dips, cheap condiments and cheeses which you can eat!

So, you are doing up/down?
-------------------------------------------------------------------
It went from BEAUTIFUL and sunny to mild and cloudy. I will STILL get my beach walk in!

I am interviewing a dog walker this afternoon. The pet place fell out. It turned out to be 45 a day- almost 900 a month. Oh HELL to the NO! It is unclear to me if my neighbor told me that it was 23 a day/ or 23 a "membership". Either way it was a misunderstanding and I pulled him out. She came over last night and apologized profusely. I dunno, I just know that is way out of bounds. Can you fathom paying over 900 dollars a MONTH for doggie sitting?

As it is I found a dog walker for 20 bucks a day= still = 400 a month. However, I know he is not yet able to "hold it" 9 hours a day "just yet". I will pay it this assignment and see if we can get to not having to deal will all this next go around. Hopefully he can adjust to me working and I will play it by ear. The good news is the kitchen is big and I can put his bed in there and he can have his toys, water and food and walk around, not "caged" all day. If he has an accident, it's on tile. So be it. Beats the heck out of 900.00 dollars.

I also noticed he was at day care all of two days and now has an eye infection!!!!!!! I have left over antibiotic from his last eye infection from a day care. I am OVER doggie daycares.

So- today I am going to get a hair trim, and color. I need to get rid of the gray and roots I could see in my pic's I took. My hair is way too long and the ends are a fuzzy mess. Needs a trim. I also want it long enough to still put in ponytail.

So, in and out today. Gray and warm and humid here. I want a beach walk in, without the dogger this time. I don't know why he freaked over the ocean yesterday?!?!?!?

Anyway- I picked up a rotisserie and a bottle of wine last night after my harrowing day. I have left over chicken! HAHAHAHAH

Ok- that is here from my piece of paradise!
Still holding my low!
  #125   ^
Old Fri, Dec-09-22, 09:43

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hiya Peeps!

OMG Jaz that would have been terrifying to have Ruger run like that!! YIKES!! I am so glad the outcome was as good as it was for him (and also you, running out after him!)

I'm also sorry you had so many tests and modules to do. Why in the world did they not give you more time? That is just insane!! Are they all completed?

I have seen numerous vets on TikTok recommend against dog parks and so I've been taking Bella on more walks without the DP or taking her when other dogs aren't there. I don't know if the same applies to doggie daycares or not.

Ruger is pretty far along in age now so I'd think he'd be able to be trained to hold it. I wonder if you can have the dog walker come 30 minutes later each day (or 15 or whatever) over the three week period until he gets to where he is holding it for the full time?

Trig I am finding it so interesting what N is doing. I am guessing a mix of Senioritis along with a healthy dose of rebellion over having to take the language class at all. I can't really fault her on either! I know that mentally I was checked out of HS by midway through my Junior Year. I could not get out fast enough!

As far as Bolt, I'm glad he is doing better and each day is just the gift of the day, you know? Love on that little fella! Give him a hug and kiss from his Aunties!

Lori LOL on your dry humor, sometimes you literally make me laugh out loud. "She's such a joy." In person I would have guffawed so loud you all would have jumped!

Enjoy your brekkie if you go get one!

•••••••••

All is well here. My feet are doing really well so I've been able to go walking every day. Chilly today so I was bundled up but all good.

My book club went out to eat last night. I had it all planned out and did well. We split a bottle of Pinot Grigio between four of us so that was like a serving and a half, and no bread or flour for my meal. Ate half, left the other half. WIN!

I had to PLMF (pivot like a mother F*) for my first two meals of the day bc we are getting warranty work done and the dude came first thing in the morning and taped plastic over ALL the kitchen cabinets, microwave, stove etc. I basically ate cold out of the fridge instead of my planned meals. It was fine- salami, cheese, plain full fat yogurt and a little bit of an apple. Good enough! And yay me for not using it as an excuse to go off plan!

DS20's (almost 21's) new single dropped today- I'll send you all a link! Catchy little ditty!

Out to lunch today with a friend in the neighborhood. I'm getting fish camp stew which is SO DIVINE and naturally low carb, sort of like a tomato based bouillabaisse with fish, shrimp, mussels etc. Comes with a roll but I'll just tell them to hold it. Tonight is steak and salad here at home.
  #126   ^
Old Fri, Dec-09-22, 11:45

BF:

Nic- YAY for feeling good feet. I tell ya planter fasciitis is SO FREKIN painful. I had no idea just how painful until I got it. I know how foot issues effects everything you do. Glad- no issues!

What's happening in your kitchen? Are you in DE?!?!?! OMG yeah, keep the course girlie! Cheese (lucky you!) and deli meats and salami are sometimes the BEST! Sometimes I toss in tuna salad!!! Tuna salad is a def yum! I always have a can handy!

You cracked me up over 4 people split a bottle of Pino. Was that a BIG bottle? Ummmmmmmm at MY house that would have been good for two people IF they didn't stay all night! Don't judge me! Just saying I do like my wine. Although I have cut back ALOT and gone "lite" and am just as good with the lighter version, less all of it. It works.

I am sitting here with my "color" on and will then whip out my shears and wack away. I just can't see paying over 100+++ for something I can do at home for 10 bucks with coupon! Being hairdresser in the past has paid off just for MY hair. I would not cut someone else's at this point. Well, I might if a simple bob or angled. I can layer pretty well too.

OMG you got a Mick Jagger in the making, or do you prefer Tom Petty (gosh I miss him!). I am still grieving Tom!
YES, please drop us a tune from your kiddo!

Fish stew- OMG I MUST try some! I don't want potatoes or "junk" in it. But an all fish based something. You know I have never had mussels. I bet they taste like clams. I am pretty intimidated to make that type of stuff myself. I attempted SHE Crab Soup- EPIC failure! $$$$$ Failure!!!

So where are you?

Lori- did you make it to the store? What is on your menu?

Trig- I got a hankering for crab legs now.... you know this though!

I have left over Rotisserie Chicken- but I also have a T-bone thawing.....hummmmmmmmmm. Add this to the fact it IS Friday night in Charleston! AND my last Friday as a tourist! AND my hair will be done! And I just might want to explore........ HAHAHHAHAH

TBD...............HAHAHAHAHAHa

PS: Making up for shorty posts last few days!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAH- long winded now.
  #127   ^
Old Sat, Dec-10-22, 04:32

BF:

Lori, what is on this Saturday for ya? Did ya hit good at Aldis?

Jazz, 900 for dog care. no way, wowza.

you need a harness. a body harness is way more secure than a neck collar. Go to PetSmart, bring him inside and have him fitted for a great dog body harness. Worth it. No more super scary situations like you guys had!! I woulda freaked on that one, glad ya stopped traffic and got him

we still had a small light collar on Bolt tho. To hold is 'find me' with phone number and had his rabies tag on it. So if he ever got out he still had ID on him but we never connected to that collar. Just would use his body harness. Girl I tell ya they rule over a neck collar when on leash. go check them out, your PetSmart is close. Or was it PetCo ya got. either is great

Your hair pic is nice. didn't remember you were a hair stylist at one point? cool. good job.

Also when at PetSmart ask about dog walkers. They know this stuff, they got some insight that might prove good to ya!

I never liked She Crab soup either. Hubby loves it if it isn't too jacked on 'I think it is sherry in it' but every time he orders it he gambles on liking it LOL Alot of times it is made so diff. in taste it isn't worth bothering ordering it ya know.

yea planning a night out for the 3 of us someday for all you can eat crab at our local place that does it.

Nicco....heck yea send us a link. You know we must see this music video for sure!!! You do have nice times with your little events. Fun times but not too invasive!

taped kitchen. wow. can we say nightmare feeling on that one LOL I know I couldn't survive a kitchen reno if I lived in the home too drive me bonkers. another reason I wanna ditch and sell and not do any big work HA

yea kid now has Senioritis for sure. I wasn't into school either. I was same as you...get me outta here and fast. She lasted a bit longer than me but thankfully she still likes school but the brain game she is detaching from it. Only til Aug...only til Aug. and this is over I keep saying to myself LOL

---------------hubby to work soon. kid sleep, dog doing 'ok'. I got up at 5 but I slept alot last night early. watching tv at 9 fell asleep for like 2.5 hrs woke up and then fell asleep a bit later watching Ghost Adventurers and woke up around 2am then I 'went to bed' and woke up at 5. That is alot of sleep for me.

the weather. omg so gray. so damp, rainy, colder and misery type day. been going on and on and on ya know. come on already ugh

got a few last presents coming in mail. online gift shop. is it freakin' wonderful or what? love it.

got a steak for later and leftover pork loin. easy peasy. have 0 clue what to feed family. I might call this a 'fend for yourself' eating day ya know. Eat whatever scrapes ya find if ya can HA kid hates those days but tough. I am parroting Lori....I AM SO over food.....oh wait, got that ham and turkey in fridge. OK covered. they can experiment on all that crap cool

I figure the turkey will be tried and hit the garbage sooner than later. The ham will be eaten by hubby and kiddo for sure. OK done deal.

be good all.

Last edited by Whirrlly : Sat, Dec-10-22 at 05:07.
  #128   ^
Old Sat, Dec-10-22, 05:52

BF:

Good Morning!

I'm in hibernation mode the next 2 days. Cold as heck today and snow/rain coming tomorrow. No thank you!

Took myself out for breakfast yesterday and then to Aldi. Didn't do a big shop, but got some good ideas for appetizer type things to have on the 21st when we have a friend of DH's stopping by for a pre-Christmas visit. We take turns and we were at his house last year. It'll just be the 3 of us. I'll make some shrimp cocktails and appetizer type things. Easy. He's bringing the wine!

Scale was up this morning after yesterday's UP day. I had a huge breakfast and didn't eat much else the rest of the day. Hope the darn scale goes down after a normal eating day today.

I'll be doing some reading and some YouTube watching today. Perfect winter day.
  #129   ^
Old Sat, Dec-10-22, 08:05

BF:

Good Morning!

I am taking my morning slow even though I am up early! I went out last night. MAYBE I am too old to go out and party, maybe not?!?!?!? I don't know. I had fun. I got an Urber and kept the driver with me all night.
He drove me all around (free), bought me a few drinks and made sure I got home. Yeah, he has my number, but I'm not interested, even though I did dance with him. Not my type. Oh the joys of single life!
I had more fun dancing with the group of ladies on the dance floor - no expectations, just fun.

Trig- I am taking your advice and heading straight over to Pet Smart today and getting a harness. The collar thing is not working. This is his 2nd time he has wiggled out of his collar. I don't want a 3nd. ON MY ASAP list TODAY!

LOVE online shopping!!!!!!!! - I rarely go to a store to shop. The exception to that is Walmart. I get my leggings there! They have the best legging for dirt cheap.

Girl- GO get those CRAB LEGS!!!!!!
Totally agree- let them fend for themselves. You got a baked ham they can make ham and eggs, or ham and cheese sandwich. Make a steak. YUM

Lori- your get together sounds wonderful! Nice the friend is bringing the wine. Shrimp is always my go to for those types of events. They also always get eaten too! I make my own cocktail sauce from lite ketchup and horseradish with a squeeze of lime.

See- I knew you would dig Aldie's! I wonder if there is one close to me?!?!?hummmmmmmm

Did you say SNOW?!?!?!?!?!?!- urghhhhhh

Nic- updates girlie! Hiya!
-------------------------------------------------------------
After I stop at Pet Smart to get the pup a harness, I am going to do a trial run to find out where I need to be on Monday. I did it once and was so confused as there are MANY buildings and another hospital right next door, and a Childrens hospital too! So ya, need to find out.

I am so annoyed with this plumbing situation and this apt. I sorta feel if someone is going to rent a place out that all the "stuff" needs done PRIOR to renting it out! It is so annoying to have my person stuff laying around and people coming and going.
The plumber has been here two days in a row. Now the upstairs toilet is not working AT ALL. The plumber did say if he had to come back, he was just going to replace it. GROSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Add that to the fact the washer and dryer is coming next week while I am working. So, more people in here with me not even here and my dog. I am just annoyed. I know first world issues here. Honestly, I just don't like people in my space coming and going.

So- I am down to my low. I forgot to eat yesterday. I thought about it on my way home at 1 am. You know when you get the munchies from dancing and drinking and think........ Oh yeah- waffle house is open.

BTW- I am HATING how short my hair cut is. I thought I liked it, but now I don't. way to short. I was in that WACK IT ALL OFF MODE. A real dangerous place to be when one has sissors in hand.

I am going to work on my CEU's this weekend. I need to update my license. More modules and testing! The ones I did for work don't count.

Oh- I have a dog walker. She will come about 12:30 everyday. I do like your idea Nic of having her come a bit later and a bit later and a bit later. Good idea. I will see if she can do that. I will give it a few weeks though to give him time to adjust.

Ok- off into my day. Gray and warm and drizzling today. NO SUN. At least thought it's in the upper 60's. Beats snow any day!

Later gators!
  #130   ^
Old Sat, Dec-10-22, 09:29

BF:

Hey all!

I've been up since 4:30- well not up, but awake. I refuse to get out of bed before 6 on principle lol I was just hot from 4:30 when I woke up. Turns out we forgot to turn the thermostat down last night so it was 68º. I like to sleep COLD so that explains it! Dh is still sleeping soundly. We fell asleep early, around 10 PM. So really I got plenty of sleep anyway.

Jaz I don't think I knew you had been a hairdresser- that is news to me! Did you go to cosmetology school? Is that even what it is called? What a nice skill to have! Also, having just read your update, your hair will grow back quickly enough. I chopped off a bunch about three weeks ago- gets the old hair off. By summer it will be long again!

We use a dog harness also. Well, I do. DH won't put it on her and just uses the collar bc he doesn't want to take the time (insert massive eye roll here) I think it is more comfortable for them also. I wouldn't want to be pulled along by the neck! lol

Glad you had a fun night out on the town. Good that you got to do that before work hits.

Trig I don't know how I survived without online shopping. I HATE shopping now in person for pretty much anything.

Lori expected snow? Yeeps! No thank you!!! Aldi is great for apps and stuff, You will find some good stuff there!

•••••••

All is well here. Went to lunch yesterday, I think I said that. Had my fave fish camp stew and brought leftovers back so I am good for foods in the fridge until I leave here on Wednesday. I bet I have leftovers from tonight too! We are going to a French restaurant with our Diner's Club- two other couples and us. Should be a perfectly nice time. And that will be enough socializing for me- very social weekend Th- Sat!

Anyone watching the Harry/Meghan documentary on Netflix? I've only seen the first episode of the three that have dropped. I don't fault them at all for what they decided to do, although I am in the minority for that. I think Brits feel VERY strongly that they are really in the wrong while Americans can see it a bit differently if they choose to. He was way down the line in terms of being King and he wants his kids to have a normal life and not have the crap harassed out of them. Plus he didn't want his wife harangued by the media etc. I totally agree with all of that- he was born into a life he didn't choose and he elected out of it. Anyway, JMO.

I'm about to go head out for a walk. It's cold but sunny and I don't think it is windy today- maybe a little breezy but not bad. I've been pretty consistent about getting some walking in. Go me!

Feeling great.
  #131   ^
Old Sat, Dec-10-22, 13:13

BF:

Nic- Loved your post! Your pic's are so frekin cute!
Yup- I thought I told everyone I was a hair dresser, went to Cosmetology school for a year. I practiced in the 80 when BIG hair and spiral perms were a thing! I even did the Bo Derek- braids for a minute too!

OMG_ I went and listened to the link you sent! Is that your son Singing? What position does he play?!?!?

Netflix- plan to watch the Meg/Harry thing tonight. I don't fault them either. People, FREE PEOPLE have a choice of the kind of life they want. If they choose to walk away, then they should be allowed. That being said if they walk away, they should not have the benefits.

I have to know how to make fish Camp stew. Going to You Tube it.

carry on!!!!
  #132   ^
Old Sun, Dec-11-22, 05:39

BF:

Good Morning!

Looks like our predicted snow has fizzled out. I guess we may see some flakes, but nothing much. Ok by me! I wouldn't care if I never saw another snowflake!

Not doing much today, but would like to make a trip to Aldi. Don't need much, but there are a few things I want to look for. I found a guy on YouTube that does a video each month about the top 10 deals at Aldi. He gave me some ideas on different things. I haven't been out of the house in a couple days, so I need to pry myself out of this recliner.

Other than that, we'll just be here watching football and napping. A perfect Sunday!

Be well!
  #133   ^
Old Sun, Dec-11-22, 06:15

BF:

Lori, couple of days....yea get out girl
thank heavens no snow. I read snow for you and thought, omg it is starting. I was PA also, I know when the snow flies, it keeps on coming...ugh
I thought ya hit Aldi already? girl you get moving, let us know your haul and if ya like the products they stock? I have 2 Aldi near me. One close I like better. Their stock if more to my type of shop where the other store seems to have 'weirder' type product and not alot on the shelves actually for variety options.

Jazz, how did PetSmart go for ya? Yea body harness rules. They can't 'slip' it but I sure had dogs slip the neck collar glad ya got a dog walker too.

yea do that prelim. drive to work. find your exact route. important. feels calming when ya know exactly where ya park. driving around wondering is not good

Lucky for you HAIR GROWS, lol. Yea I got that bug once. Chop shorter and then thought, boo....but it grows won't be long your locks will be longer. forget about that one, it will fix itself HAHA

Nicco, your kid's link for the music was great!! So cool following a dream like that into music, a very hard career to tackle for sure. Sweet!!

Harry/Meghan, WHO? I don't follow that stuff at all LOL I say do whatever but key being SO BIG in celebrity, they will get reamed up one side and down the other from everyone on the planet. but not by me, I know squat what they do and don't wanna know

so good you are consistent in walking. I wish I never 'got out of my hiking' the way I dumped it. I can't seem to get back to it now. My little dog can't come at all. So that part of the fun of it is gone. hmm, me thinks I need to kick myself hard in the azz ya know

--------------today is another gray day. kid said like the entire next wk all has rain on it to some level. bleck, no snow thankfully tho

nothing day. just whatever around here. hubby got some snot crud going down, avoiding him. Kiddo does her thing and I will just do a few chores, bop around. Will have kid drive me to CVS. She wants Jolly Rancher candy canes. Can't find them but I think CVS might so she can drive us there to find them.

other than that, a who cares day around here. I like those days tho

defrost steak. shrimp later too. got some leftover pork loin to eat up if wanted. all covered

be good everyone!
  #134   ^
Old Sun, Dec-11-22, 08:46

BF:

Good Morning!

Lori- Lucky you to have a nice day of Football and jammies. I could totally go there! It would be a chili day to go with all that!

What have you found you like at Aldie? So, they have a salmon dip that is REALLY good, and low carb. It has a ton of cream cheese in it so it is out for me. However, I did try it and loved it. My neighbor bought some and served it with pretzels and it was REALLY good. It was everything I had to not polish it off. It is not that $$ either. It was just a fun and different item when we did happy hour poolside. I also like their salami and cheese plates when I need appetizers. I do miss my dairy but feel so much better not having it. But you could easy love it all!

Yeah, I heard there is a big bad storm rolling across the country. It will affect all of us by the time it is said and done. I was watching the pic's out of CA- 8 FEET of snow and hurricane strength winds. Holy cow! I so do not miss that. Does your hubby have to plow all that if it happens?

Trig- Thank you for the harness suggestion- see below!
Sorry your hubby has the crud going around! DEF keep that to himself! You don't need that!

So, does the kiddo need so many driving hours? I seem to remember something like that. I am glad she is such a great driver. Growing up on the farm and driving the tractor, and 3 wheelers I am sure has helped all that.
Is she done now for 25 days? Nice long break!

You know I am wondering if pork is bothering me. I picked up some smoked pulled pork yesterday (dry) and added my own hot sauce. It just didn't sit well. I tell ya- just eating a steak or burger is just so much easier. You don't have to think about it- cook, eat, done. No sides, no fluff, not big casseroles, multiple dirty dishes. One pan, one and done. Way to roll.

Nic- I loved your son's video. Is that him singing? I agree with what Trig said. It is so cool you allowed each of your kids to follow their dreams. You are a great mom.

I know you might have already stated who was doing what, but my poor brain forgot. So, what is going on for Christmas? Who all is coming?
------------------------------------------------------------

I have been a BUSY GAL! Yesterday after getting back from my trial run to work, I went to PetSmart to get a harness. Get this, there is a harness called "No Pull". So apparently this harness is made in a way if your doggie pulls it gets "tighter" and if he stays by you it is loose. It is still very hard for the dog to get loose from this harness.

I didn't care how much it was, I got it. I never ever want my pup slipping from his collar and running into traffic again. I was pretty upset. So I bought it. It works and he doesn't buck me in it. I thought he would. He did try once to yank it and that was it.

The dog walker texted me yesterday and said she changed her mind she didn't want to take on any more work. WTF?!?!?!?
So......... I am going to let it go. I am going to block off the kitchen and put his bedding, food, water, and toys in there and hope for the best. I bought some "No Chew" and sprayed the base boards (he loves wood). I am thinking that is the best option at this point. Granted he might be a bit bored, but he will be safe and not in a cage for hours. If he does have an accident, it will be on tile. Easy to clean up. I just don't know what else to do. Plus, it would be hundreds of dollars. So of course, I will be nervous about it, but there isn't much in the kitchen he can get into. We both will need to adjust!

Yesterday I spent hour again doing more testing and modules to renew my license and got it done! I need to renew every 2 years. So, I am good for another 2 years. Huge relief to get that out of the way before I start work.

So, I also applied for 3 jobs yesterday. I am thinking about the NEXT. Yeah, ya read that right. Thinking about NEXT. Not to say there might be some options here. Maybe, and maybe not. I don't want to assume. If so, win/win. However, I still need to think of myself first! So still putting stuff out there. I am glad to be here though. I mean this is Charleston, and I am less than 10 minutes from a beach!

So- tomorrow is D day. HAHAHAHA. Yeah a little nervous. Not so much about the job itself- but just the newness. Where to go, how to get there, am I in the right spot..........I am sure within a week I will be complaining about it all! HAHAHAH . I so married wrong! I could be sitting pretty on alimony but nooooooooooooo........ hahahaha. I guess I have never been "princess" material anyway.

Ok, I am so rambling.

Later!
  #135   ^
Old Sun, Dec-11-22, 14:42

BF:

Jaz- YUP that is indeed my boy singing! He also plays bass guitar in the band, but this song he did on his own. The band plays it live but he created and mixed it himself. Proud of him!

Have you given any thought to setting up one of those octagonal play yards in the kitchen or something? I think he will be fine being home but if he likes wood there is a good possibility that he might chew on baseboards or cabinets. One of those big play yards might work (you might be able to buy used on FB marketplace or something) to keep him away from the wood. You could also take it wherever you went next.

Fish camp stew- I didn't see any recipes online like what I have there- the restaurant is called Matt's Fish Camp. (It's a SoDel restaurant) It is tomato based but not heavily so, so maybe seafood stock with some tomato, along with sliced leek or fennel, and likely garlic/onion. Light but VERY rich. A recipe like this might do the trick?
https://www.williams-sonoma.com/rec...ith-fennel.html

Are the NEXT possibilities in the same area? I think it is completely natural to be very nervous before something new like that. I would be!

Trig how were the lights? did you and DD do them? Get pics?
Thanks for the comment on the Kid.

Lori Yay for no snow! Yay for Aldi!

•••••••••

Having a nice day inside today. Watching the Ravens play the Steelers- I think we are going to win but with the Ravens one never really knows!

Dinner out last night was SO EXPENSIVE OMG. There were 8 entree choices, 7 of them were a flat 42$ each, and one was market price- A New York Strip. A MARKET PRICE NEW YORK STRIP??? What?? I got a starter salad, DH got escargot. I got a glass of wine and a main, and a decaf. Dh got a beer, a main and a decaf. The whole thing with tip was like 160$. It WASN'T EVEN VERY GOOD. Yeah, we won't be going back there again. Company was fine though- not the best but not too bad.

(Ravens are now pulling down penalties like crazy. Come ON guys!!)

Everything else is going fine. I had my first sugar craving in 38 days and if DH had gotten a dessert I might have had some so I'm glad he didn't. I would have regretted it today if I had.

ugh, steelers just scored. We are only ahead by 2 now. ACK!

Doing a Zoom call with my cousins at 4:30 to just touch base and catch up, so that will be fun. I have tickets to go to a Christmas Village tonight but it is gray and icky out so I'll probably just skip it.
Closed Thread