Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Tue, Nov-22-05, 15:27

Plan: Neandergirl
Stats: 145/131/122 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:36/34/19
Progress: 61%

PS -saw 129 for the second time this month. Maybe this time it will stick around
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Tue, Nov-22-05, 16:19

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 328/255.0/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:52%/43%/20%
Progress: 41%

Yay Pinkquinn!! That is exciting I hope it holds for you.

Me I'm sitting at 262.6 today....hoping for VT tomorrow...Thats me...ever hopeful.

I took a 2 1/4 day diet break, details are in my journal. I am smaller now, than a week or so ago at this weight, so the scale ought to catch up soon!
  #123   ^
Old Tue, Nov-22-05, 16:29
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Well cool! I had to scroll back and reread about Val being a psychologist. We share a journal and I didn't even realize she had done that! My SIL I'm going to see on tday is a psychologist... the type that doesn't prescribe, forget what the right names are. I always enjoy her insight into people.
  #124   ^
Old Tue, Nov-22-05, 16:30
Experimenter

BF:

Oh yeah, I meant to ask, what's everyone doing for T-day? I'm going to eat what I can, high-carb or not. However, since they're buying thanksgiving precooked and I am off wheat I don't think there will be all that much I can eat. So it might not be a total blimp fest.
  #125   ^
Old Tue, Nov-22-05, 16:38

Plan: low cal, low carb
Stats: 196/145/140 Female 5'6.5
BF:23%
Progress: 91%

You can pig out on turkey and veg. (Yum)

Yes, I was a clinical psych all my working life...retired almost 4 years ago but still do a bit of book editing for friends, some online tutoring etc.

And LOL, I didn't do 'psychoanalysis' before either, so not to worry, Pink...your subconscious is safe with me. Congrats on seeing a lower number, ny the way.
  #126   ^
Old Tue, Nov-22-05, 16:47

Cindy the measuring tape rules-no matter what you weigh if youre smaller your pants look better. Yippeee!!!!!!!!!

Nancy I'm casein and gluten free too welcome to the club, sometimes I feel like my choices are really limited but I feel much better this way. Ocasionally I will have cream in my coffee and it feels like I am really partying down!!!!

I don't care for any of the t-day food so no big deal, believe it or not right now I feel like eating a filet o fish value meal at McDonalds-but I shant do it.....I have over come before and I'll do it again. HA!!!!
  #127   ^
Old Tue, Nov-22-05, 17:02
Experimenter

BF:

This gluten free thing is good. I knew I could eat fritos and there were some in the vending machine and I had a weak moment and bought them. But they were chili cheese fritos and contain wheat! So into the trash they go.

I'm going to give casein free a try for a couple weeks, probably next month after the company xmas party (which I asked for a gluten free meal!). I'm just curious if that makes any difference to my health.
  #128   ^
Old Tue, Nov-22-05, 19:55

Plan: PSMF (from Veg Atkins)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'7"
BF:BMI 41.8/29.6/23.5
Progress: 73%

Hey guys! Well, I have been off the cottage cheese for a few days now (ever since I had my water weight come on!) Maybe I will try to have a small portion in a few days.

Today I ate 1043 calories and I feel so bad about it. I was trying to stay under 1000 every day. I do try to fluctuate my intake, but I rarely exceed 1000. I went to the gym last night and had a great workout. Do any of you find that you are hungrier the day after a workout? I always am, regardless of the diet programme that I am following. Anyway, hopefully the workout will cancel out the extra carbs.

Hope all of you are doing well....
  #129   ^
Old Wed, Nov-23-05, 11:21
Experimenter

BF:

You know, I think I have learned some really valuable lessons from PSMF.

First is, listen to your body. I almost always wait until I'm REALLY hungry before I eat. I think before I just ate when it occurred to me to do so.

Next would be eat a portion and stop and see if I'm full enough. Sometimes I'm not full, but I'm not hungry either. So rather than eating until full, I stop short of that because my body takes awhile to catch up and process that. Sometimes I figure "full enough" to get to the next meal is just fine. I can help this along by sipping on diet sodas that always make me feel fuller.

I have control over carbs. I can now eat carbs and not gorge myself (usually). I remember when I first started PSMF... oh boy did I over-do the free meals! I think I give a lot of credit to this to getting off gluten. Wheat makes me eat a lot! I think it was morphine for me. I still have slips occassionally, but most of the time I just over-eat to fullness rather than extreme pain. Hey, it is progress!
  #130   ^
Old Wed, Nov-23-05, 12:16

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 328/255.0/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:52%/43%/20%
Progress: 41%

Great lessons Nancy! PSMF has really changed my ideas of dieting.

PBGirl - I'm always hungrier after working out. I think our bodies are trying to keep things the same - burn more energy, stock more energy. I hated that part of it.

I'm in VT today!! 260.8 another 1 down. I've still got hopes of seeing 250 by New Years
  #131   ^
Old Wed, Nov-23-05, 12:18
Experimenter

BF:

Pink and Cindy you guys are awesome! Keep up the good work.

BTW: If you're bored with the same old, same old... I suggest whipping up a batch of the mustard sauce recipe I posted. Its sweet and hot and low cal! But be sure to have a box of kleenex standing by, it'll open your sinuses like crazy. I use it on pork, turkey, chicken, ham and I think it'd be great on eggs too. It is 10 calories per tablespoon, and you don't need much.
  #132   ^
Old Wed, Nov-23-05, 12:22
Autistic Carnivore

Plan: NeanderThin
Stats: 369/244.5/219 Male 70 inches
BF:37.5
Progress: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
I think I give a lot of credit to this to getting off gluten. Wheat makes me eat a lot! I think it was morphine for me. I still have slips occassionally, but most of the time I just over-eat to fullness rather than extreme pain. Hey, it is progress!

Hope you don't mind my asking an intensely personal question in a public forum. Is your basis of comparison purely metaphorical, or have you experienced the effects of both substances? Having never been in enough physical pain to warrant morphine, I haven't had the occasion to see if my reaction to casein (casein, soy and gluten are very similar molecules) is the same as my reaction to morphine. It is *very* strong in me, but I can't compare it actual morphine without experience of both.
  #133   ^
Old Wed, Nov-23-05, 12:31

Cindy I hate you I hate you I hate YOU. My low again is gone with the wind, and you are down 2 lbs in one day. YOU ROCK SISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!

PB I almost have to NOT workout if I want to lose because it seems like the amount of food I eat is out of my control. I probably am at the extreme end because I know people swear by excersize to lose. I guess what I am trying to say is: Yes I do eat more when I work out....to my detriment

Nancy I do casein and dairy free for my daughter, but I have noticed that I do feel much better and less "addicted" to food. The obsessive thoughts and binging are gone-and sure enough if I cheat getting back on track is like kicking smack!!!
  #134   ^
Old Wed, Nov-23-05, 12:37
Experimenter

BF:

I haven't taken morphine either, although I know that partly digested gluten proteins can get lose in the blood are very similar to opiates. I probably shouldn't compare it to morphine but what I was trying to convey was something very addicting.

I don't have any sort of high like I experienced from alcohol or pot when I eat wheat products, or even excessive sleepiness, or anything like that. Maybe I have a little sense of feeling right with the world, a bit of a peacefulness and contentment. Nothing I could say "boy, got a good buzz off that one!" It is pretty subtle but only maybe because I have grown to used to it over the years.

I think instinctively my body knew that even though I didn't recognize it intellectually until just now, because I did have some anxiety about giving up wheat. I've also noticed a friend of mine got really anxious when she thought her problems were gluten related. I suggested she go on a gluten free diet for a couple of weeks, but she pushed that notion away quite abruptly. The reason is that she had some gluten antibody testing done that came back negative. But I think there are a lot of false negatives. She has a raft of symptoms from mental disorders, weird allergic things, intestinal issues, autoimmune stuff. She wants to get off her psyciatric drugs but hasn't been able to. Anyway... I think that it is like heroine or something. Although I don't think the withdrawls are all that bad, its just the anticipation of losing that very subtle high.
  #135   ^
Old Wed, Nov-23-05, 16:27
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome

Hey all! Happy Thanksgiving to all of you, celebrating!

I made some dishes to take along with me, to my Uncle's.
spanikopita and chocolate covered cherries.

Any of you cooking?