Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 12:18

Plan: In Transition
Stats: 256/180/140 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 66%

I probably have 13 flavors by now. I've been collecting them for almost a year now, whenever my local TJ Maxx has them in store. I've no idea how many bottles I have, a great many. Still, whenever a difficult to find, or a favorite flavor shows up, I'll tuck it away.

I use them to flavor my coffee, tea and water. I use them to flavor my hot LC home made cereals and the LC muffins I bake. They are excellent for flavoring LC cheese cake or just to mix in with some very soft cream cheese for a sweet and satisfying treat. They can be used to flavor some dishes. The coconut and pineapple flavors work especially well with shrimp.

On the days I do not cook or bake with them, I will still use them to flavor my beverages and my whey protein powder shakes which I drink daily. I will either add it straight from the bottle or freeze into ice cubes which I then throw in the blender to thicken my shakes.

I've stocked up on several bottles of the SF raspberry flavors which work so well for every application that I'll be trying them out in home made frozen popsicles next. Instead of using Splenda in the powder form and having to count all those carbs when sweetening a packet of Cool Aid, for example, I'll experiment with sweetening with various flavors of the SF Davinci syrups.

Yogurt is wonderful when flavored with the syrups. Home made SF puddings are also very good with the syrups. The french vanilla flavor is very good when mixed with a regular SF cola. Other flavors lend themselves very well for customizing any type of SF soda.

The applications are limited only by my imagination.
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 12:32

Plan: atkins
Stats: 154/146/125 Female 5'4
BF:??
Progress: 28%

Hmmmm Lemon-lime, you say? I'm not much for sweets but fell in love with anything key-lime on a trip to Florida last fall. Maybe I'll experiment around with a pie!
  #123   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 13:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185.5/185.5/160 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Order directly from DaVinci at www.davincigourmet.com. About $5 shipping for 3 large bottles. I order regularly, never had a problem.
  #124   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 16:04
WONJ#3

Plan: 12 steps
Stats: 238/210/145 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 30%

I only own one bottle and that is the english toffee which is yummmmmmmy with my coffee in the morning. Also for for an after dinner treat I add some into my sf diet rite along with a dash of cream.
  #125   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 16:28

Stats: 432/370/220 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default place to order from

http://www.kmb-enterprises.com/davinciflavors.htm#case
you can get a case from these people for $57....thats $4.75 a bottle...they let you mix and match the case and have all 34 flavors...Hope this Helps...Big John....P.S...Iam hooked on Cherry Snow cones
  #126   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 16:44

Stats: 000/000/135 Female 5' 2"
BF:uh/no/thanks
Progress: 0%

Hey, John...thanks for the tip! I usually get mine from netrition, but this sounds like a great deal!
  #127   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 18:07
Registered Member

Plan: Stay same eat healthier
Stats: 118/118/118 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

I know that you can get them at www.netrition.com

My sweetheart just ordered me a few from there
  #128   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 18:24

Stats: 239/245/155 Female 66
BF:
Progress: -7%

shoot! I wish I would have seen that before I ordered directly from Davinci!
  #129   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 18:33

Plan: generic low carb now
Stats: 210/212/145 Female 63
BF:plenty
Progress: -3%

I buy them at a restaurant supply store called Cash & Carry on the West coast, see :
http://www.smartandfinal.com/store_locations.asp

$3.65 for the big bottles and I have about 16 flavors.
I love to vary my coffee flavors, and flavor cream cheese for a treat. Sometimes I use a splash of a fruit flavor in my water bottle for a change.
  #130   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 19:55

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

Amaretto is my favorite. It's fab in coffee, yogurt, tea, over berries, and in Italian sodas. It's beyond good.

I also love caramel, French vanilla, Irish cream and raspberry.
  #131   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 20:12

Plan: atkins
Stats: 154/146/125 Female 5'4
BF:??
Progress: 28%

OOOO I thought I'd ordered Butterscotch, but I ordered Caramel and it just came tonight! There are benefits to being not terribly bright - I've gone and pleased myself. Can't wait to have it in my coffee in the morning.
  #132   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 20:50
Registered Member

Plan: atkins (ish)
Stats: 169/139.9/129.9 Female 5'4
BF:?/suddenly lots/21
Progress: 74%

i tried ordering a case of syrups...even with exchange rates its cheaper than the stores (which are 5 hours away from me anyway). BUT...when I went to put it through it only gave me one shipping choice and it was the wrong choice...then it said that you have to live in the states to have free shipping

i sent them an email so will report what they say in response for any of you canuck types out there
  #133   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 20:53
Registered Member

Plan: atkins (ish)
Stats: 169/139.9/129.9 Female 5'4
BF:?/suddenly lots/21
Progress: 74%

hmmm it says i have to say something to subscribe....so scuse the wasted space lol
  #134   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-04, 21:01

Plan: Vegetarian South Beach
Stats: 134/129/125 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress:

I love the White Chocolate- great for cocktails. Looking forward to trying Kahlua. Caramel is a great general-purpose sweetener, great in smoothies!

However, avoid German Chocolate Cake. The flavour has a strange aftertaste, is not really fudgy, and completely dominates anything it's in.
  #135   ^
Old Sun, Jun-13-04, 09:57

Stats: 172/159/120 Female 4' 11
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default How To Buy In Canada?

How does one buy Davinci syrups in Canada? I went to the site mentioned in the beginning of this post but the link took me directly to Davinci. I would like to be able to buy it from someone here in Canada as it's against my principals to pay customs, duty and shipping. My thinking is ... if they want me to buy their product they should make it easy for me to do so by putting it on my grocers' shelves.

Does anyone know a distributor here in Canada where I could order the syrups? I would love to get the cola and peach flavours. Would you believe I've been trying for four years to get Davinci syrup ... ?