Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 20:29

Plan: low carb
Stats: 174/110/110 Female 5' 1"
BF:20.8
Progress: 100%

Steaks, are you sure you are not married to my husband....LOL... I have 2 children instead of 1 at home. I wait on him hand and foot just like a two year old. But he does have his good days.
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 20:35

Plan: general low-carb
Stats: 194/184/145 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Sorry Fat, my 'stud' was born way back in '40! He likes to be waited on for sure, but he has kept me well the past 40 (lmost) years so I don't complain too much!

Holly, we had some real 'cathartic' moments during the first parts of some of these threads. Seems we most of us have LOTS of things in common. But I sense a lot of really strong people have come out of the fire...don't you? There's STRENGTH here. Must be why I can't stay away.

Mitch Miller....Lawrence Welk....did you see that memory thread I posted? I CAN'T REMEMBER!!! LOL!
Nance
  #123   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 22:18

Steaks how long have you been married. I was married way back in 84. City Hall wedding. My husband says I made him marry me.
  #124   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 17:03

BF:

DeAnna, Jim and I got married in December of 1963! We have the big 40th one coming up this year! Hardly seems possible!

He also has made claims that I 'made' him marry me! LOL! Anybody that knows him knows that you don't make Big JIM do anything he doesn't want to though!! He has also claimed at times that he married me because his mother told him he couldn't!! That's a true story, too! I just tell everybody that I married him because I am so compassionate and nobody else wanted the poor boy! LOL! LOL! LOL! Can you tell we tease and laugh/....a LOT?!!!

Oh...and his Mother? We ended up being the very, very best of friends before she died and I miss and talk to her daily! We got off to a rocky start, but that changed quickly.

Have a good evening DeAnna, I'm with you in spirit!
Nance
  #125   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 18:41

Your DH sounds sweet. You are a lucky girl.
  #126   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-03, 07:43

BF:

DeAnna, you made me stop and think about what you said! I don't do that often enough and, you"re right! I am a lucky girl! Thanks for reminding me!

Not that we don't have our problems, but, life is finally what I dreamed it could be all those years ago when we got married. Just took a lot of pain and effort and forgiveness and 'blindness' to get there. Not just on my part either! Believe it or not...I have faults too!
  #127   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-03, 13:03

Steaks, I am still dreaming. One day at a time sweet Jesus. Thank you Steaks.
  #128   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-03, 16:55
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power - slightly modified
Stats: 185/156.5/145 Female 5'7"
BF:gettin' better!
Progress: 71%

Nance,

My life is full of love and laughter too. I have come to see that we are definitely in the minority. Paul and I will celebrate 29 years this October - we sure are lucky.

Holly
  #129   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-03, 16:56
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power - slightly modified
Stats: 185/156.5/145 Female 5'7"
BF:gettin' better!
Progress: 71%

p.s.

Nance, I'm sure it was Mitch Miller, but you never heard it from me.

Holly :-)

Last edited by mizholly : Wed, Aug-06-03 at 18:46.
  #130   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-03, 08:49

BF:

Holly you may very well be right...couldn't prove it by me!! LOL!

DeAnna, that's all any of us can do...live one day at a time. It took some major 'mind shifts' to get where we are in our marriage. I had to decide that I could either find ways to make it work or be miserable the rest of my life. As soon as I worked on MY attitude, I discovered that things weren't as bad as I perceived them. If I looked for the postive things only and ignored the negative things my life was pretty darn good! Guess I went from a glass half empty to a glass half full way of thinking. Made all the difference in the world. Now instead of getting irritated or mad at a silly remark...I laugh....and it diffuses the situation and we go forward. That's been going on for the last 8 or 10 years and we are finally at a comfortable spot. It didn't just happen though. It took some concentrated effort.

We still have our 'moments' too! Right around the first of the year Jim made a remark that hit me wrong and it took me 3 days to speak to him and tell him what ticked me off! LOL!

I have a question for you. How tall are you? I see your weight down where I can only dream about being and I wonder just how thin you really are? Nosey Broad, aren't I? Hope you understand the spirit in which the questions is asked!

Have a successful day!
Nance
  #131   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-03, 16:21

Steaks,
You are the sweetest. You always know just what to say.
I am 5' 1" and shrinking. I have what my mom has, that bone disease, just the begining of it. I used to be 5' 2". Now my DH is 5' 2" and looks down somewhat on me. My DM is 4' 10. I really look down on her...LOL She weighs 99 lbs. My DH is 109 lbs a size 5.....and you know my lbs.
  #132   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-03, 20:49

BF:

Well Fat, good things usually come in small packages! I think of chocolates, and perfume and diamonds...and now YOU! Goodness, you re a tiny little thing. And your Mom and hubby too. You spoke of that bone disease...do you mean osteoporosis? That's what Aleka has so you could learn some tricks from her I am sure. I have heard that excercise is supposed to prevent it so that's one reason I am trying so hard to keep my body moving.

I like your new avatar...the puppies are almost as cute as you!

Stay safe!
Nance
  #133   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 18:50

Hello Steaks, yes that is what I mean. Did not know how to spell it...LOL At lest I can laugh at myself....Thanks for the compliment...( bashful )
  #134   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 21:15

BF:

Oh! You changed your avatar again! Is that your little dog? Cute.
  #135   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 14:42

You know on my other post I wrote that my DH weighed 109 and wore a size 5....LOL Suppose to be my DD.....
Yes that is our little doggie Feather. She is so sweet. Only likes the family. Dosen't like my mom though.