Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Fri, Aug-31-01, 11:38

Plan: My own (based on a compil
Stats: 333/260/224 Male 73 ins
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hi, this is just a post to say welcome, and someone has read your message. I found this very helpful, especially in the early days. Can't help with the specific query, but at least one other person will be able to help you.

Good luck
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Fri, Aug-31-01, 22:00
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/185/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 55%
Smile Re: Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by Fangers
Hi,........I'm down to 228, and have been holding for 2 weeks. Maybe it's water? Does nayone have any insight as to how being on Depo-Provera might affect this? I'm due for a shot in a few days, and if I suddenly drop 5 pounds, I'll have my answer.
hi Jeannie

Hmm ... Depo provera unfortunately is notorious for weight GAIN and screwed up blood sugars/insulin problems. There have been a number of discussions here about it, check it out .. http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...=&threadid=6338

Congrats on the lbs lost so far. It's not easy, but you're doing very well. Kee us posted how you're doing.

In fact, why not pop up into our Introductions forum, and say hello

Doreen
  #123   ^
Old Tue, Sep-04-01, 11:32
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power Plan
Stats: 295/266/180
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Hi! New & also Need to loose triple digits!

Hi!
Stumbled upon this forum site today & am so humbled to be able to have the support & knowledge of those of you that are on the same track!

Please add me to your list that has those pounds to lose...I am a CHO addict soon to be for nought only to become a Protein Power Pro! Yeah! Hurrah!!!

Rictoria.
  #124   ^
Old Tue, Sep-04-01, 13:28

Plan: zone diet
Stats: 296/296/150
BF:
Progress:
Default 100 +

Hey there,
I would like to talk to you but I am new on this and do not know what I am doing. Please let me know if you get this? Debbie
  #125   ^
Old Tue, Sep-04-01, 16:50

Plan: My own (based on a compil
Stats: 333/260/224 Male 73 ins
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hi Rictoria & Debbie,

Welcome to you both. Yes, you did OK there, Debbie, you successfully logged your first post.

If you want a tip or two about how to get around this forum, just ask.

Wish you both well. There are plenty of knowledgeable people here, and they have all been there. The big thing with those of us on the "long haul" is to set small, achievable goals. That way you will get there. Look forward to hearing more from you both.

Best wishes
  #126   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-01, 04:54

BF:
Progress:
Default Thanks

Is this all done by e-mail? I find it hard to remember the website to log on to. I am just starting the zone diet. I recently lost 50 lbs on it along with Jazzercise but went way off track. I know how my body responds to carbs so the zone does well for me. Yesterdays weight 292. This morning 290. That 1/2 bowl of popcorn did not hurt too much. Thanks guys for helping me along the way, and Andy for the e-mail.
  #127   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-01, 04:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%

Try putting this on your desk top. That way you can just go to it and click on it and shasam...your here
  #128   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-01, 05:04

BF:
Progress:
Default Thanks

Thanks again wendy,
I need all the help I can get. I was on a slimfast buddy system and they got angry at me when I complained of all the sugar on sf and talked about the zone diet constantly. I was only trying to help.
  #129   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-01, 05:13

BF:

I hear ya, sometimes when speaking of Low Carb, one gets a strange look etc...

Personally, I just say I cut out all of the sugars, breads, pasta etc.. Then I get "Oh I see" If I get more then that I explain the woe with more detail, and find those who I explain it to is more interested in how I got the way I am now
  #130   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-01, 06:27

BF:
Progress:
Default Hey Wendy

What is the purpose of moderator? And what does the egg mean beside my name? There is alot going on on this website. It will take me awhile to understand it.
  #131   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-01, 08:46

BF:

Well Debbie,

I'm still learning I'm afraid. Moderator is just someone who is there for you...and to watch everything is done correctly.

With the meats etc...I am still not sure how to send a url to you, but if you go to the comments box and click on that you will find conversations on this subject. Sorry for not being able to make it easier for you...Lots to still learn and of course trying to find time to do it in
  #132   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-01, 09:03

Stats: 292/271/160
BF:
Progress: 16%

Debbie ...

I have the URL to this site forum.lowcarber.org listed on my home page ... also, you can sign up for specific threads so that when a new message is posted to the board it will notify you by email. That's how I stay current with this list.

Regarding the egg ... I think that's a default icon of some sort. There's a way ... I don't remember how ... to pick a different one.

I've been on the Atkins plan for almost 6 weeks. I'm down about 20 pounds and I've lost 7.5 inches in the past 3 weeks. I also workout every morning (except weekends) at an excercise gym for women. It also keeps me motivated.

Good Luck,

Wendy
  #133   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-01, 10:30
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%
Default Re: Hey Wendy

Quote:
Originally posted by debbie
What is the purpose of moderator? And what does the egg mean beside my name? There is alot going on on this website. It will take me awhile to understand it.

Hi Debbie, welcome to our forum.

I just notice you have 4 posts, all in the same thread.

Here's a quick explanation of our forum.

Forum: Part of our web site, where visitors and members can read and discuss low-carbing. The forum is composed of several sub-forums.

Sub-Forum: A specialize discussion topic. This sub-forum is called "Tripple digits" for those of who have more than 100 pounds to lose. This does not mean we only post here, it's just an "extra" support when the goal weight seems tooooooooooooo faaaaaar from reach A sub-forum is organized into threads.

Thread: We are now in one thread inside the triple digits sub-forum A thread is meant to discuss a single issue/question around the focus of the sub-forum.

Make sure you visit all the other sub-forums to find out recipes in the Low Carb Kitchen sub-forum, the Daily sub-forum to talk to other low-carbers who have less than a 100 to lose, the jokes and laughter sub-forum, etc. Wendy is the moderator of our very popular sub-forum the "My Journal/Bootcamp" where members posts their daily or weekly entries, food logs etc, and other members check thing out and give feedback and encouragment.

Check them out. Simply click on the "No sugar Zone" logo to go to the main forums page, and scroll through all the available sub-forums. Use the menu above as well to check the main web site for info on low-carbing.

There are a few icons at the top-right corner as well to help you navigate, one of them is the "FAQ" for frequently asked questions.

Wa'il
  #134   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-01, 11:47

BF:
Progress:
Default Bailey WS

Great going on that 20 lb. weight loss. I tried Atkins for about 4 months and dropped 40 lbs, and then my Mom died and I got off the diet. I like the zone diet for now, cause it allows a certain amount of carbs, 40/30/30 balance. It is not really a low carb diet per say, but more protein that the ada allows. Keep up the good work. Debbie
  #135   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-01, 16:05

Stats: 350/295/145 Female 64
BF:26.3%
Progress: 27%
Default Great idea

I love the idea of having this thread for purely selfish reasons! I need ALLLLLLLL the help and support I can get!

I'm really new to the boards here, but just reading everyone's comments, ideas, success, and even hard times makes me feel that I'm not alone. You know, sometimes not being alone going through this, with others that are not demeaning to me, is about all that is needed.

SOOOOO congrats to everyone for being here and a BIG THANK YOU for being here!

I know we can do it together!

minetofix