Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 08:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 233/197/163 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 51%

Could be worse - you could be being dragged around 100 clothes shops only for your partner to go back and buy the very first thing she saw
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 10:32
Yo-Yo

Plan: Lighter Life
Stats: 284/234/167 Female 5 foot 10 inchs
BF:yes very!!!
Progress: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveH57
What could be more fun for a chap than :-

Fighting ones way around Asda, doing the weekly wash, hovering & dusting , prepare meals & washing up, oh and then there's the ironing too.

Answers please!

Steve

Being married to me!! I have a knack of shouting my DH from another room just as his arse has touched a chair!!
  #123   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 11:17
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 249/249/220 Male 75 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Great, another man for moral support!!

Hello Steve

First things first, watch out for Kely. She thinks all us men a perverts for some reason. Just because there was a little discussion about using brocilli in the bedroom and so on. Do you wear white socks?

Lynda, no I have stopped wearing white socks with black. When i was a kid that was the ultimate fashion statement, so I thought.

Why won't you let your hubby put his arse on the chair. That seems so unfair. And you told me that you do not exercise. Then I hear from Christine that you are taking her to the gym. That my girl, does not make sence.

Kelly, you would have got on famously with myex Claire. We could shop the whole day and then she would moan at me for not remembering the first shop we went in that had the tight top or so forth. Funny I saw her today, walking up the road. Brings back memories. Scary ones!!

Christine, I am glad you enjoyed the gym. How often are you going to go?

I amoff now before I bore you all. I hope you have a good evening and will speak to you all later.

Tony
  #124   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 11:30

BF:

Ummm, Tony I have to clear my name here, I HATE clothes shopping, if I go in 2 shops I think I'm being tortured lol I was just giving an example

And can I help it if you warp my mind with posts about brocolli, bedroom and the karma sutra.....
  #125   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 11:42

Plan: atkins/bernstein
Stats: 105/105/105 Female 63ins
BF:
Progress:

kelly,i could clothes shop for England.i love it.i,m the one that goes to 100 shops then goes back to the first one to buy something.Geoff won,t come with me,he hates it so i usually go with my daughter.she'll shop all day as long as its my money shes spending!!

tony,i used to go to the gym everyday uptil a few months ago when i discovered fast walking lowers bgs better than a hard workout.i usually have a 2 to 3 mile run twice a week as well or go swimming.i can get a bit "obsessive" with the gym so i,m thinking hard about joining again.do love it though.think i,ve got an addictive personallity.
  #126   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 11:46

BF:

Oh Christine, that would drive me nuts, 2 shops maximum then I'm off to the pub to 'de-stress'
  #127   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 12:25

Stats: 152/136/119 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveH57
What could be more fun for a chap than :-

Fighting ones way around Asda, doing the weekly wash, hovering & dusting , prepare meals & washing up, oh and then there's the ironing too.

Answers please!

Steve

Steve if you came and did that in my house i would be more than willing to show you some fun
  #128   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 12:35
Registered Member

BF:
Default You love it really!!

Kelly, Go on admit it. You love it really. The naughty posts that is and not the shopping.

I am just intrigued to know how this thread has gone from holidays to Chocolate, brocilli (am I spelling this right please tell me), sex, karma sutra, thorntons, bakewell tarts, the gym, clothes, shopping and now, I fear, back to something naughty again. Oh that would be terrible.

Christine, I am off for a swim in the morning. I find it easier than jogging on the legs at the moment. I would love to join a gym soon but around here they are all a bit expensive. Out of my budget while I am setting up my business. I used to train a little but it did not help with the weight loss.

Lynda, Where are you!!!

And Ebbie, leave poor Steve alone or he won't come back!!!

Tony
  #129   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 13:06

Stats: 184/162/112 Female 5'5"
BF:31/26/19
Progress: 31%

Swimming is always easier on the legs than jogging... and in a very good way. Watch out with the jogging if you ever switch to it; the repeated shock impact on your ankles and knees can cause some serious problems later on in life...

(and it's brocolli, as you asked! )
  #130   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 13:34

BF:
Progress:

there,s nothing (well almost) nothing like the buzz you get from running though.
  #131   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 13:37
Registered Member

BF:
Default Thanks UrbanGypsey

Thanks for that. I did a little running earlier in the year to compete in a couple of 10kers. I got pro advice and bought a pair of shoes that cost a fortune £120 to be precise but have never given me any pain.

I just seem to enjoy swimming more. I do 65 lengths which is just over the mile and it works lots of muscles. I just don't get there as often as I would like.

Speak to you later.

Tony
  #132   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 13:42

BF:
Progress:

yeh,i usually do 40 to 50 lenghths, depending on how much time i,ve got,or what i,ve eaten!
running shoes are very important,the wrong ones can cripple you!!
  #133   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 13:43
Lost the Plot

Plan: Charles Clark
Stats: 285/285/217 Male 72 inch
BF:
Default What could be more fun for a chap

Quote:
Originally Posted by lburnikell
Being married to me!! I have a knack of shouting my DH from another room just as his arse has touched a chair!!

l bet it would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbie.B
Steve if you came and did that in my house i would be more than willing to show you some fun

lf only you were nearer, then again Lynda's only 2.5 hrs away ( driving carefully )

Steve
  #134   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 13:48

BF:

I love swimming, when I lived in town I used to go swimming 5-6 days a week 1-3 miles every day, as soon as I learn to drive I'll be back in there again
  #135   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 13:51

BF:
Progress:

good for you kelly.i think its the best all round exercise and the least painfull.i need to do it for my top half.it leaves a lot to be desired,so i,m told!!