Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Tue, Feb-07-06, 19:36
DRAGON SLAYER

Plan: yep- its a plan
Stats: 245/000/160 Female 62
BF:sz24/ sz16/ sz8
Progress: 288%

Avril.. thanks for that story/advice.. very helpful.. I am ready to set a date and quit... working towards it..... I just looked at your profile and your pictures.... you are very beautiful.. you ARE adorable in your pictures as well as in your writing!!!

I am off to go run now!! Be back later.

CIAO!
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Tue, Feb-07-06, 21:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 302/298.2/250 Female 5.6
BF:Oh My!
Progress: 7%

Hi everyone - Stopping by to wish all a happy wogging week and update on my progress. I did not wog Saturday, as promised, but I finally got my lazy butt back in gear and wogged last night. That's 1 days of W2 completed, but I have to say that my distance was much slower than W1. I know it's only 90 seconds, but that extra 30 seconds over W1 really slows me down. So, tonight was my off night and I went to belly dancing aerobics. Very fun, I must say, but between the wog yesterday and all the jiggling around tonight, my thighs are killing me! It's a good feeling, though. Funny - I thought the belly dancing would be calm and relaxing - I had no idea it was a cardio class. I broke a sweat about 5 minutes into it, and was as drenched from it as wogging!

Cathy - How did that wog go tonight? I'm sure very well! Keep it up! You know, I bet quitting smoking becomes easier as you progress with your wogging. My dad was just telling me that if you want to quit smoking, start jogging. He says it will eventually stop you dead in your tracks. He says it's all about the runners high....it takes the nicotine craving away. When he quit, he got so addicted to jogging that he eventually began running marathons......

Christina - You are amazing, I am so motivated by how you push yourself. You determination is incredible (I can't even get off week 2)....You definitely get the A+ this week for effort, and how awesome that your distance is better than ever!

Demi - I love the Run for Your Life Articles. Please continue to post them. And, Cathy is right - you are making progress everytime you make the effort to wog! That said, I understand the slog feeling. It's so weird how some days are easier than others. Yesterday was pretty sloggy for me, too.

Avril - Amazed at your commitment to quitting smoking, low carbing AND wogging all at the same time! Girl, you've got it goin' on!

Guys, I have been bad about posting, and I think that's part of my accountability issue. I am going to try to do better - I seriously think that if I post, even when I don't wog, it will make me more committed to the wog in the long run. That said, I wish you all many pleasant wogging adventures until tomorrow. Take care!
  #108   ^
Old Tue, Feb-07-06, 22:18
DRAGON SLAYER

My run tonight... was a grueling one.. because of this cold I have hanging on... I felt like I was going to cough up a lung.... I know, I know.... it is time to quit smoking.. NOW!!

Tio.. so good to see ya hon.... belly dancing.... that is SO much fun.. I used to do that as a teenager.. and boy is it ever a workout!! I would love to do that again....... VERY proud of you for doing week 2....you are doing it... thats awsome.. you are doing wonderfully!!

Have a great night everyone.
  #109   ^
Old Wed, Feb-08-06, 01:02
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 205/205/125 Female 5foot 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

This sounds like a good challenge... I would like to try it... My husband is going to try his first marathon in May... the least I could do is be able to walk/jog a 5k!! We'll see how it goes
  #110   ^
Old Wed, Feb-08-06, 01:05
Registered Member

BF:

Here's a link my brother sent me... kind of funny and encouraging! I'm thinking about getting her book, although I'm quite sure I'll never to a triathlon!

http://www.slowfattriathlete.com/
  #111   ^
Old Wed, Feb-08-06, 07:48

Plan: To Stay Sane
Stats: 275/239.4/224 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 70%

Wow lots of posts since yesterday -- will have to catch up a bit later with all that but wanted to quickly post my experiences with this morning's wog -- D2W4:

This morning's wog was a repeat of Monday -- I just don't know if I'll ever be able to complete even ONE day of week 4. It's SOOOOO hard. My legs seem to get soooooo heavy. Today, I nearly cried, I was soooo wanting to stop. Thank gawd I'm able to do this in the privacy of my own home cuz if I had to do this with others around me, I would NOT do it. The bottom line is that although it's hard, although I can't complete one 5 min rep of jogging w/out stopping or slowing it down to a walk, although it's frustrating and very hard, although I'm almost on the verge of tears... I CAN'T, I WON'T STOP. I will continue to PUSH myself until I finish this program and actually jog for 1/2 hour!
  #112   ^
Old Wed, Feb-08-06, 11:36
Registered Member

BF:
Unhappy ok, ok, ok

All right, well I am headed to a gym to give this a try. Day 1. I am scared to death. I have never even been on a treadmill and worry I won't know how to work it, I will fall off.... or some other dumb thing. That doesn't even include the idea of trying to MOVE on it!! Hope I don't chicken out between here and there... it's been known to happen.... sigh......

There is a 5k associated with the marathon my husband is doing in May and he would be thrilled if I could do it! He is a great cheerleader but feels bad for me since all I do is talk about needing to do it. Today it will change... I WILL do it!!
  #113   ^
Old Wed, Feb-08-06, 13:18

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
originally posted by AmyJP
Today it will change... I WILL do it!!

YAY! Good for you! .... with such a positive attitude how could you not??!!

Good luck - and, if you do fall off the treadmill, just get back up there and start again - take it from one that has actually fallen off a couple of times that that's the best way to handle it ... each time was because I lost focus on what I was doing (i.e., getting engrossed in what was on the TV screen in front of the treadmill) ... so be warned (and that includes everyone else here) ... and don't take your eye off the ball!

Christina ~ I so admire you for not giving up on week 4 Yes, it is very hard, but just think how far you've come already and know that one day soon you WILL be jogging for at least 20 minutes - just hope that I'll be able to do it too

Cathy ~ if I can give up smoking after being a 40+ a day girl for many, many years, then I know that you certainly can! If you need someone for nagging and support to help you give up, then let me know!

Avril ~ you should post definitely your story in the Nicotine forum here at lowcarb.org (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=105) - there's also a great accountability thread entitled Post Your Smoke Free Stats I found it really helpful when I quit.

Tio ~ well done for getting your lazy butt in gear and wogging yesterday and also for the belly dancing aerobics. Have never tried belly dancing myself, but it's quite popular here in the UK, lots of classes around.

Now you've probably noticed that I've not said a lot about myself tonight ~ OK, I admit it, I didn't wog today. I've been feeling really tired today - work up feeling as though I'd been up all night crying - headache, puffy eyes etc - which I hadn't. TOM is due though so it's probably that - not a great excuse I know, but I just didn't have the energy to get on the treadmill today. Hopefully, will feel more like it in a day or two - might power walk outside tomorrow instead if the weather is good - that does tend to make me feel better

Happy Wogging All
  #114   ^
Old Thu, Feb-09-06, 14:06
DRAGON SLAYER

Just came in here for a sec to give HUGE hugs to Christina:

Quote:
This morning's wog was a repeat of Monday -- I just don't know if I'll ever be able to complete even ONE day of week 4. It's SOOOOO hard. My legs seem to get soooooo heavy. Today, I nearly cried, I was soooo wanting to stop. Thank gawd I'm able to do this in the privacy of my own home cuz if I had to do this with others around me, I would NOT do it. The bottom line is that although it's hard, although I can't complete one 5 min rep of jogging w/out stopping or slowing it down to a walk, although it's frustrating and very hard, although I'm almost on the verge of tears... I CAN'T, I WON'T STOP. I will continue to PUSH myself until I finish this program and actually jog for 1/2 hour!

Oh.. honey... I know that feeling...You are SUCH an incredible inspiration.... since week 3 for me continues to be incredibly hard for whatever reason.... I am just so proud of you that you continue to push yourself with week 4..... Like Demi says... look at how far you have come... look where you were a couple of months ago.. you weren't running at all..... SO... yes keep pushing... cuz we are all in 'awe' by you... but don't be so hard on yourself and give yourself a HUGE pat on the back... you deserve it!!!!!!!!!! Hugs hon.... Love ya!!!! XXOO BE GOOD TO YOU!!!!
  #115   ^
Old Thu, Feb-09-06, 15:05

BF:

Thanks Cathy, I needed that... the wogging is the only thing that I'm fully committed to these days cuz unfortunately my eating isn't as spot on as it should/could be.

But I think we ALL deserve kudos for at least trying.

Anyone watch the biggest loser? Wow. Here's this 270 pound guy that can barely WALK on the treadmill and a couple WEEKS later, he's sprinting on it! I'm so jealous. But then again, I'm can't work out for 6 hours during the day like them...

anyway, just proving that we gotta keep on PUSH PUSH PUSHING ourselves to victory!
  #116   ^
Old Fri, Feb-10-06, 07:37

BF:

Well, tried the coolrunnings program again this morning -- day 3, week 4. Looks like I'll be doing the same week over next week -- again, for the third week in a row. I'm gonna keep at it, and while it seemed to have gone a bit smoother today, I still cannot complete that last 5 minute rep. Heck, I can't seem to jog for five minutes straight period. I can do the three minute, but still can't do the five minute w/out stopping. If I stop completely for about 30 seconds, I can complete it... but that's not completing it. Oh well. At least I'm doing *something*.
  #117   ^
Old Fri, Feb-10-06, 23:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 302/298.2/250 Female 5.6
BF:Oh My!
Progress: 7%

Okay I just wrote a huge note and somehow it didn't post. Basically I told everyone they were doing GREAT and update my progress: I finished W2 tonight (did W2D2 Wed), but I will continue on with W2 for an additional week. I just don't think my 215 pound body is ready for W3, and W2 was killier to the knees. Anyway, at least I finished W2 and did my 3 days this week. Wishing all a fund wogging weekend, Mich
  #118   ^
Old Sun, Feb-12-06, 18:01
DRAGON SLAYER

Tio.... you ARE doing great.... and yes.. you are doing it.. which is what really matters...... I try really hard not to beat myself up over my running progress because I believe that if I am still out there doing it and I feel like I am really pushing myself... that is what matters... I am SO proud of you and I KNOW you will push yourself to the next week, but only when YOU are ready!!

I did D2/W3 this morning and it was wonderful.... Sunday is usually my best day because I am all rested and I do better when I can do it in the morning. I am, however, continuing to stay on week 3 this week, BUT only 1 more week.. I've gotta know that the risidual of this darn cold is gone before I push to week 4.

I am proud of you ALL!!!!
  #119   ^
Old Mon, Feb-13-06, 07:42

BF:

Began week 4 AGAIN (I think this is like the fourth week at it or something... not sure, but what I do know is that i know week's four routine by heart) this morning of the cool runnings program. Dare I say it out loud, but this MAY be FINALLY getting a little less difficult -- I won't EVER say it's "easy", but at least I didn't feel like I was gonna die this time.
  #120   ^
Old Mon, Feb-13-06, 08:48

Plan: Semi South Beach
Stats: 167.5/138/130 Female 66.6 inches
BF:
Progress: 79%

I'm not doing well! I haven't wogged for over a week! Should I start all over or do you think its OK to start with week 2?