Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-03, 20:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/155/130 Female 5'3"
BF:clueless...
Progress: 55%

i've had several relationships with musicians...i'm tellin' ya, a whole message board could be used just for that subject!
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-03, 20:43

Plan: Dr. Atkins & M & E fast
Stats: 160/153/140 Female 5ft7inces and 3/4"
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default Hmmmmmm

It didn't post my reply.....

Musicians.....notice we keep posting the DEVIL sign...LOL
  #108   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 07:55

yup...funny about that, lady di...hehe...

it is definately part of the appeal, though...
  #109   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 11:45

BF:
Default Too True

My 13 year old daughter is attracted to Robert Plant...and marc Bolan (T.rex)...Marc is long gone...Robert isnt looking so good these days I must admitt those guys were pretty hot....My daughter is of course looking at the long ago photos....They dont make guys like that no more.....
  #110   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 12:14

one look at modern day robert plant would scare anyone! bleh! he's what i call "road hard and long...too long!"

back in the day, though...there were some real hotties...sigh..
  #111   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 20:33

BF:
Default Really makes me wonder.....

How come Robert Plant looks like poop??? It was Jimmy Page that did the hard stuff!!!!!
  #112   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 20:42

...bad genes!
  #113   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 20:48

BF:
Default ha,ha

Well....they use to look like really good jeans
  #114   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 21:04

i know...both page and plant were hot way back when...i'm always complaining that women get the shaft when it comes to aging, but in their case i think they broke the mold!
  #115   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 21:52

BF:
Default and...,,

They both have really young girlfriends/wives....$$$$$$$$$$
  #116   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 21:55

BF:
Default I know....

Didn't they sell thier souls to the ...maybe they had to give back the good looks when the deal was done (success, good looks, and all???)
  #117   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 04:55
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Another of a "certain age" chipping in here - I lUv musicians - my eldest son was naturally gifted in many ways including music and my parent's couldn't understand why I was disapointed (not that he ever knew) that he chose academic over artistic He's got good taste in music tho is going to the Stones concert in Toronto end of month.

But about the weight loss problems, I too never had any problem till I quit smoking and turned 47 (reverse order) Years ago I had tried Atkins when it first came out and used to lose a pound a day -even when I was at what all the charts said was desirable weight. After quitting smoking last December and gaining 20lbs by mid January I decided to try Atkins again - a month later I was 5 lbs heavier!!! I'm now on Swartzbein II, most days the days I'm not I barely eat and those are the only days I lose. The only consistent thing is exercise - when I exercise (weights, or good olde fashioned sit-ups and touch yer toes kind of things plus some energetic walking) I definitely lose inches even though the scale wont budge. When I was in my 20's and people would say why don't you just relax and eat whatever you want - I would say - maybe when I'm 50 I'll do that, well now I'm almost 50 and realize I'm not ready to do that - maybe when I'm 90.

This probably sounds a bit rambling - but I've been awake for like 36 hours. Another lovely side effect of peri-menopause
  #118   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 05:16
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAtt
rhaazz...i had my surgery in 1998...i was very thin and also very wasted all the time...i had extra skin and a little pouch in my lower abdomen, and had lipo done 1st, along with my lower eye lids and a mini, or partial face lift...the surgeon i had was a quack!!! he ended up having to go back in a redo the lipo and then after that a tummy tuck...he scarred my eyes and didn't align my face properly...now one side of my face droops while the other doesn't...i was a mess...about a year later i got sober and completely changed my lifestyle...i was no longer running around with younger men (musicians) and i quickly gained 50 lbs...in less then 6 mo!

cost wise, i paid around 5000.00 for everything...i didn't have to pay for his screwups, but had i been in the right frame of mind i probably could have had it repaired by someone else and sued the sob...well, that's water over the dam now...i do have a new surgeon who i will be seeing for the new stuff in a few months...i just so want to get my weight back down to a managing size...i went from a size 2 to a size 16 in 6 months!!! pathetic!

i feel if a women wants to do something to enhance her looks for herself or give her self-esteme a big push upwards, then do it! just don't do it if you're doing it to impress someone else ...it's your body, and it's a precious comodity...

Hi MsAtt

I just found this thread and already posted, but it was your post that first caught my eye, I've had a couple of surgeries too - My natural shape is to be what my Mother calls "Big Busted" I'm only 5'2.5 tall so even a 36C looks huge on me. In my early 20's I was anorexic and the twins shrunk like wool in hot water - that didn't bother me but the "bagginess" did and I got implants (not knowing that there was such a thing as a "lift" available) I paid a couple of thousand for that and later wondered if some health problems I had were caused by the Dow Corning Implants - but was too screwed up to go through all the paper work involved to make a claim. A few years ago I had under eye laser surgery to repair wrinkles and sun damage - another hunk of cash. The strange thing is I had an abusive ex and when I finally pressed charges and it went to court part of his sentence was to pay for surgery to repair a bump on my lip from where he had knoced my tooth into it - I never had it fixed, I like to keep it as a reminder of the stupid mistakes I've made. Which brings me back to my original point - now that I've gained weight again - Those twins are doing their best to topple me forward. By the time I had quit smoking I was up to about a 42-D that was in January - now in July I'm down to 37.5 when wearing sports bra. Yet I've only lost 5 lbs so far - go figure. 18 inches gone all over but only 5 lbs - at our age it's the exercise that's gonna do it.
  #119   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 09:13

koko...thanks for your reply...i'm certainly glad to see you got away from the ass hole ex...no woman deserves to be treated like that - ever! my daughter got breast implants a couple of years ago...she had zero in the boobage department, and her implants suit her very well...she had a normal "C" put in and she looks terrific.

i agree with you on the exercize...i used to be a fanatic about it, and it showed...any more, i just can't find the energy to do it daily...i do very little and i know it is important, but how do you force yourself? i think i am burnt out in that dept. ...my age doesn't help, either.

i get more when i am in school, because i walk every day accross campus, up and down steps and hills...i've been told that doesn't count but it counts for me.

i went through a stage of bulimia but it was for different reasons than body image...that was particularly nasty...i'm learning to be patient and give atkins my best shot...so far, it's working...once i can lose half the weight towards my goal, i am getting the botox and stuff done...it's going to be a birthday present for me from my friend...he thinks i'm nutz, but then again i probably am!! ...at least i'm not boring!!
  #120   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-03, 10:17

was'sup here? i almost couldn't find this thread! i spoke to my doc and he is weening me from premerin...it will be a rather slow process, but i will be anxious to see if it afects my weight loss or not...i also will be looking for alternative measures to combat the terrible menapause systems...hasn't happened yet, but i have a feeling it will...i hate those hot flashes!!

i've been on a stall once agan...grrrr... at least i haven't gained anything back...yet! i have been slowly adding a few carbs to my diet and so far so good...nothing radicle...but i can't live on induction all the time! it's been since may!

i can see a marked difference in my clothes and that's all that counts for me right now...i'm only weighing myself once a week...my way of avoiding depression!! after all, it is summertime! and before i blink it will be over...'specially if i keep running around the country like i have! going to minn. and wisc. in a couple of weeks...don't really want to go but i feel obligated...then it's to cleveland to see my son and back to toledo to spend more time with my daughter...lordy...i'll need a vacation to recoup from my vacations!

...talk about hard to stay on a diet! sheesh!