Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1066   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-19, 08:13

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

I get ya Nicco loud and clear. Sometimes it comes down to just that....hope it all manages good and it ain't a bad manage
Sponsored Links
  #1067   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-19, 16:48

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

NIC- HUGS>>>>>>Hope you are ok! - we are here when ready.

Today was ok- nothing crazy- just moving along. I had to go into the office today and tomorrow. Funny but not- they served a much of croissant sandwiches. I took two- tossed the bun and just ate the lunch meat. It was warm and no telling how long it had been sitting out. OMG within an hour I packed my stuff up and let sick. Prayed I would make it home before - .......... thankfully it was just a colon cleanse. I have such a touchy gut that if it's not good food I have a horrible case of the trots! It doesn't feel good either.

Crap food gets to me every time. Tomorrow- I am brining my own broth.

nothing else going on- well- I am tired of whining so not sucking up space to do it here..........

later when..... I am rested
  #1068   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-19, 18:11

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Hi!

Good trip in to Key West. We were just out for dinner and are crashing early.

Low 70's cloudy and breezy today. Felt cold in the shade.

Getting up early to go for a run/walk...and then just hanging out.

Talk soon.
  #1069   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-19, 19:44

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals.

Nic---Hugs to you honey. Your note was short, but I could tell you're in the heart of a struggle. Just remember this, it will come around, they DO come around, if my guess is right. But boy, sure can drive you cray cray when it's happening. So know. Been there.

Lori---OMG, got your pix, so freaking gorgeous. Sounds on the cool side there, but who cares. The ocean is there, and the restaurants are there, and what a great break from winter, you lucky ducky.

Jaz---Sorry you got the unplanned colon cleanse. Not what you needed on top of the already unpleasant job you were doing, given the circumstances. I hate that they hold you captive over this school loan and am really hoping that last interview wins the day for you.

Trig---LOL, no, wasn't expecting you were going to let us know any day you are now Twiggy. Still, like that you're getting rid of that "quitting smoking" weight and doing it firmly and relatively quickly, if not w/out its painful side. Once you set your hat on something girl, I ALWAYS bet on you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whoa, I woke up in a funk today, and it's lasted all day long.

We got punished for our super mild weather of the last few days when everything turned slushy, and then the temp dropped like a stone. Got out to my car today and it was covered w/a layer of ice. Grrrrrrrrrr. Had to sit there w/the heater/defrost on for almost 15 minutes before I could even begin to scrape the windows. Hubby has the garage parking---nicer car---and they only allow one place per unit as they just don't have the space.

Man, I hate the ice more than anything. Scares the heck out of me and I was walking around outside today like a little old lady, an inch at a time.

Anyway, I'm going to get out of here now before I spew more bad vibes. Some days are best put to bed, and I'm going to do that now, w/a good book that will carry me away from it all. Really, don't know what I'd do w/out books.
  #1070   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-19, 05:04

BF:

Lori- Loved the pic- looks like a post card! It that looking out your window? OMG I could wake up and look at that everyday. Have a great time! - Gosh I thought it would be warmer!!!! Look at you running along! There isn't a beach in Key west is there? That is very confusing to me. Not having been there I can't fathom that such a "beach" city would not have a true beach! I need to google it up.

Blue- I hate ICE more than anything. It scares the crap out of me as well. Being that I am a klutz in heels, or shoes, or barefoot for that matter- it is scary. Hell I can walk (an have) into a wall.
We all have those days we just need to be quiet and put the day to bed. I was in a mood yesterday too! I just was. Nothing I could put my finger on. Well I do know what mine is stemming from. But I am so tired of ranting over the same thing. Nothing is going to give me back my team, job, feeling that I was finally getting to settle. I totally get why you grieved over the job situation. It rocks your world. It is not something that you "just get over". One needs to get a new normal and adjust. I am coming to grips with that. Even if I do get this other gig- I got I am dispensable on a whim. It is not a good feeling.
But I know this is true regardless of where we work. Sad as a society we don't value people and hard work anymore. Anyway- I am done about that.

I started a new book a few nights ago. I too took it to bed with me. It's called Vineyard by Delinsky. I'm only a chapter in but it looks promising. This gal is from a small town with a 10 year old daughter. Anyway she was losing her job from an old book store - the own knew a woman at a Vineyard in the Nantucket area that needed a writer to write her memoir. She she was recommended for the job.
Enter drama- the family is mad at the older woman for getting engaged at "her age" 6 months after her husband passed.
Anyway the gal is just getting settled into the to estate - and is describing the home and furnishings.
So- I fell asleep at that point. HAHAH- I love a good story. Then there was the DARK and LOOMING man in the field that scolded when she drove in.
WE ALL KNOW she will fall for that one!!!!!! Dang I could write that story. But that is why I am sitting here getting ready to meet corporate and Delinsky is most likey walking the beach thinking about her next book! SIGHHHHHHHHHH

TRIG- How is the kiddo? OMG I sure hope the stomach bug isn't going around her school. My kids have the stomach bug. Man kids Kan be such germ magnets. Thankfully yours is older!
Speaking of- did she ever get to see Spiderman?

I am doing broth and a romaine salad today. I NEED to shrink this ever screaming feed me gut. I know that the smaller the stomach the less you want. I know you have hit that point! I am very proud of you. I do like bone broth. You don't need to pick anything out and its portable! You can heat and take it like coffee or in a thermos. It totally takes the food thing out of the the equation.
Going into the office - all they do is eat- drives me crazy. That is why I am bringing my own.
Are you getting outside much right now? I need to find some parks or hiking area. My only thing is I am not liking all the snakes down here. It seems that every time I hit up a trail I see a snake. They are so abundant here. Did I post the picture of the copperhead on the bottom of my driveway? You most likely have a ton of them on your property.
I am sure they don't bother you. I am a wuss with critters. I am totally city gal in that area.
Are you into any arts? I know the kiddo paints. Does she have a place to do that? I think that the Arts help stress.

NIC- Hope you are ok. Remember we are here for you and you can always take something "off the grid" if you need an ear!!!!!
Sending some HUGGGGSSSSSSS and Sunshine your way! Have a great day! You are thought of today!!!!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------
I littered my thoughts for the day throughout your personals. yes I hi-jacked them. HAHAHA
Tired of ending on a sour note- So I am going to end with some positivity it is catching too ya know.

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude." Maya Angelou-

Have a wonderful day
  #1071   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-19, 07:19

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Twiggy here yea right! NAH LOL but that is ok, I am working on it and doing what can be done for this OLD gal. Any and all lbs off me is a good thing no matter where I end up

Lori, safe trip and have a blast. I was super jealous to see that beautiful beach/water pic. omg I want to be there now enjoy!!

Blue, yikes on the ice. Scares me big time also. Be super careful. Even the dew frost in the morning ices on the porch here. Can't see a thing and whammo ya go down. Each cold morning I 'put a toe out' and then carefully check the rest of the porch cause it is a sneaky critter. Hence another reason I love love love summer Ohh it is great you got one car under cover!

Jaz, yea me and kid saw Spiderman. I don't put it on my recommendation list ya know ugh
Yea we got the snakes. We are country so they are spread out more, if you are more populated they tend to show up in your yard. I have to watch around the barns, they love the mice to eat I guess. We have more of the big black racers and such which scare the hound out of ya but not poison, the copperheads stick more to the back branch wooded area along my fenceline. I am not a fan.....thing is you need boots! Don't be wearing those little fancy sneakers while hiking in the woods on trails, you need the higher ankle hike boots. Get a pair. Makes ya feel better and a tad safer if one goes for your foot. We had alot of rattlers on South Mountain when we rode our horses on trail. We'd be riding along and hear....rattle rattle rattle, omg your heart would stop cause it was the horse that was gonna take the hit, but luckily we never had an incident thank goodness. South has tons of creepy crawly things no one likes

Nicco, how ya managing? Get your stuff in gear. I know that busy feeling, you take the time ya need.

Going to one meal per day for a few days.
I am getting antsy. Feel like I want a whole hog wilder in my future so I need to get food into me and back to a normal eating pattern.

Tonight is few pieces of pork loin roast I am making for the family dinner tonight, then adding like 6-8 oz of peel/eat shrimp with it for me. Should come out to low kcals but will give me alot of food in my tummy. Still watching kcals in my meals and being very careful. But I miss chewing now LOL and I want food. So I will eat food

kinda do nothing day
sunny and will warm up a bit but boring. omg boring
hubby taking his mom to eye dr for some procedure
I am doing few chores etc. Barb and I were supposed to hit the town out today but she had to cancel. They are clearing her SIL's house to put on the market, the one who just passed, and she is busy so she cut out on today and now I am kinda stuck doing nothing....bleck

oh well....

I will find some trouble to get into around here

great day all
  #1072   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-19, 20:04

BF:

HI all,

Feeling pretty rough. Managed to get a shower and get dressed for dinner. Not sure how much sleep I'll get. Propped on pillows and skinned elbow is burning big time.

What a dunce. Can't believe I did this. Already worried about what I'll wear to fly home. May have to buy sweatpants that I can pull up one handed.

I'll post tomorrow. Dh is going fishing 9-2. I'll just rest by the pool.
  #1073   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-19, 20:21

BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Ok, I'm done with "pretty winter talk." Today I had an edit in downtown Mpls. Started snowing around noon hard and accumulated fast. Left edit at 4pm. Got home at 6:30. Two and a freaking half hours. (Usually takes me 20 to 30 minutes, depending on time of day.) PLUS, my wipers went AWOL on me all of a sudden, rubber peeled back like a banana and flapped around all the way home, leaving me with just the top and bottom of windshield to look through.

When I finally got home I just exploded into our front door, and headed straight for a cocktail before I took my coat off, LOL. Now I'm a bit medicated, LOL, so I can write this without screaming it.

Trig---I hear ya, and like I said, I trust your common sense. When you're on the edge of a hog wilder you know it's time for some good LC food. I think having one meal a day for a while will actually rev up your metabolism. At a point, that's the way it works. You eat too little, and your body just stops burning fat to survive. Then you have to feed some coal into the burner!

Jaz---I noticed you had a romaine salad, I love romaine. So crispy and crunchy, but still has green parts to it. Do you like Thousand Island Dressing? Have mentioned I have a great and easy recipe for it, and mine isn't as goopy as most are, pours like a dream and is very yummy.

I don't really do a whole Cobb w/it. Just bacon and hard boiled eggs, sometimes just the eggs. Have you ever tried boiling the eggs just till the yolk doesn't run anymore, but is not totally hard boiled? Oh man, SO DELISH.

And yeah, sometimes I do a Shrimp Louie w/it, and use shrimp, celery, the eggs and black olives. Also super DELISH.

Glad you're finding some books you like, the one you mentioned sounds good in the expected way that you know she's going to fall for that "dark and looming man." Sometimes I just love that kind of book. Maybe we can chat a bit more in Charleston about the kind of books you like, and I bet I'd have some good suggestions. I am absolutely a madam librarian somewhere in my heart.

Lori---Oh honey, so sorry about the mishap in paradise. Sent you and e too, but can't say it enough.

Nic--- Thinking about you, and hoping things are beginning to untangle. Miss you here, but so get it, whatever "it" is. Know you'll be back when you can, and I sure look forward to that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I didn't do so good on the woe today. SIGH. I have this visual of myself trying to get into and STAY in the saddle again. Picture me hanging on to the stirrups for dear life, dragging along, tossing up dust as we go, I'm almost up and in, and then back to bumping along, hanging on to the stirrups, LOL.

As I said, had a full day of edit/work today, and that sure felt good. Editor wanted to go to Thai place for lunch and I folded like a cheap chair. I was just having so much fun being back in the groove, and...oh well.

Cup of soup tonight at least, so not tossing the whole day out in a carb what the heck.

Gals, I am so glad to be home and cozy at last. That's the good thing about getting out there on a day like this. You don't feel cooped up at all, you feel so happy be home.

Last edited by Blue52 : Tue, Feb-05-19 at 20:26.
  #1074   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-19, 21:29

BF:
Progress:

Lori---we cross posted. I bet you're feeling rough, that was a nasty fall. Skinned elbow and knee, ouch. Sounds like that's bothering you more than the shoulder?

However, just having a sling on makes comfortable sleep really difficult. Man, I am so, so, sorry about this for you.

Several years ago I had a similar experience on vacation---well at my Nephew's wedding in Cartagena Columbia. Tripped on a stone path, twisted the H out of my ankle. It was such a bummer, particularly that first day and night of the injury. But then it got better, and/or, I just adapted and had a good time anyway. Hoping the same for you.

Hope you'll continue to be able to enjoy the weather and the view, and get out for lunch and dinner. Don't hesitate to take a cab anywhere. Say...even if you get antsy at the pool tomorrow, you can get a lift somewhere and take something in if you feel up to it. Even an hour trip to and fro via cab, to a shop or wherever might perk you up.

Or not. Might feel good to just chill by the pool. Whatever, just wanting you to still have at least part of what you were so looking forward to.
  #1075   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-19, 08:37

BF:

Good morning!

Feeling better today... Actually slept fairly well. Lots of pillows all around me. Got up and took the sling and elbow bandage off at 2AM couldn't stand the burning from the elbow abrasion. Today I fixed the sling so my elbow can be out in the air. Feels heavenly!

Heading to CVS for more bandaging material and sunscreen. Hubby and son went fishing. I'm here with friends and daughter in law. All good. Beautiful day!

More later.
  #1076   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-19, 12:46

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi everyone,

Okay, I'm back and resurfacing. Won't go into it except to say that it involved something with the youngest, aren't we all surprised, blah blah blah, little arsehole...

Moving on..

Blue- "punished for the super mild weather"- ugh, that stinks. Especially snow and ice, but especially ice and having to clear it off your car. And long crappy snowy drives too.

Girl, I was smiling and nodding reading about you bumping along behind the horse with your feet in the stirrups! You know I get it! I've been like that more often than not over the past two and a half years! Up/down, on/off, groove/dust.. You'll get back up on that horse and like you said, you didn't throw it all away which I am QUEEN of doing, so that was good. If you have some off times, but balance it with some on, then you are doing better than all off. Right?
Hang in there!

Lori- I just feel for you. Glad you were able to adjust the splint to be more comfortable but still sorry that you suffered a fracture. How long are you expected to have to wear the splint? I'm glad that at least you have a beautiful day to enjoy!

Trig- YES!! JMO you did exactly the right thing by sensing a hog-wilder mood down the bend and deciding that it is time to eat and not just that but to eat some good rich LC food that you enjoy. Well done. Fasting is great, I do think that, but listening to your body while fasting and reacting to its signals is even better. Kudos!

Sorry Barb had to cancel out on ya but knowing you, you found something to occupy yourself.

Jaz- Hey girl, is today the day that you are finished with the training, and going out into the field? Or maybe not quite yet. I've lost track. I'm thinking of you though, my scrappy friend. In fact I have thought of you quite a lot over the past few days and used your chin-up, positive thoughts strategies. So thank you for being you!

••••••••••••

So not really going to address what happened, it's done and done, you know. Maybe in Charleston, maybe not. But moving on and forward with my pals.

In other news, DH has been out of town since Sunday AM in San Antonio but he comes back tonight, so that's good. DS20 started his FTC internship, which was super bc it was iffy with the government shutdown. He is loving it thus far. DD23 and SoIL are both doing well also. And DS17 is doing better in school this quarter thus far and enjoying his practices for "Hairspray." Doggies are also doing well.

Kersplatted off plan Sunday, but pulled back up and on after that, so overall not too bad. The good news is that I am back to pre-cruise weight, which means I am back to my 7-8 pounds lost since the beginning of the year. Trying to keep my focus on the 20 off by Hawaii plan but still live it up now and again.

Hugs to all!
  #1077   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-19, 18:08

BF:

LADIES!!!!!!-

Lori- First and foremost my friend HOW ARE YOU!!!!!! Dam I hate that happened, especially on VACAY no less! The moral of the story- running is bad for the body!!!!!!!- RISK of fall!!!! HAHAHAHA- Sorry I know really not funny. But dam if you are going to fall we should all start making up some really good stories as we all seem to be falling this year.
Let me help you with this- So you were out on your morning walk in KEY WEST when you noticed some activity in the park that looked shady. The people actually were PIRATES that were making a deal in the local park near the boats. You noticed a large box that had bad things written all over it. As you were calling the FBI to report the incident your phone dropped down a drain hole and you reached for it. Your RED 6 inch HEELS caught and you grabbed it just in time SACRIFICING yourself to inform the authorities of imminent danger. Due to your Gile and flexibility you had minor scapes and a hairline fracture. All in the line of duty. - That would have been MY story. Run with it!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAH

Seriously though I hope you feel better! So glad it was not worse!

BLUE- OMG I LOVED the visual of you BUSTING though the door- hair flying, matted and wet. Boots still dripping with snow and your eyes flying to the glass that would calm the wild child in you that had ENOUGH! F this- gimme a drink so I can think....... Then the warm and wonderful liquid on ice kicks in and your husband feels safe to emerge from the bedroom to ask how your day went!!!!!! Or better yet- he met you at the door drink in hand! Better still.
I am over this crappy winter as well. you have 8 more inches coming your way! But what do I know - I f up your forecast all the time!!!!!!

However I do hope that today was better and all was good and productive!!!!!!
Yes you are right this story I am reading anyone could write- she has KISSED the LOOMING man....... YAWN.........

TRIG- hey girl friend- you should have had a 70 degree day. It was warm and overcast! I will take warm over the crap BLUE delt with any day! Even if it is overcast. But it sure gets gloomy.
Do not knock OMAD for a minute. It is still a form of everyday fasting!!!!!!!
I can't wait to hook up in 33 days and compare notes.
Hope its going well!

NIC- - OMG sorry about the kiddo. Ya know it is always something with kids. Serious - it doesn't end when they leave either. It is just different. We as mom's never stop the concern. But at some point we must make them own it.
You are a good mom- you WILL be OK. But at some point sometimes we got to let the little birds fly!

Hope you are well otherwise. Sounds like you are carrying the brunt of mom
hood with a traveling hubby- that is hard too! Any chance that is going to get better? it is just a case then it eases up?

Hang in my friend- you got this. We ARE HERE FOR YOU!!!!!! (((((HUGS))))))))))))- LOVE YOU !
--------------------------------------------------
I actually love you each! we all bring value to the table! Lets not forget our value!
I am blessed to have such great advice everyday- or at least encouragement and support as we do for each other! Sometimes we are all in a mud hole, and sometimes we are all on the mountain tops and everything in between. Its all good. We can't always have the mountain top right! Makes it that much sweeter when we do! Charleston will be that for us.

I have no doubt it will be awesome finally meet. I know that yes we come all come from all walks and different places. Yet we respect each other enough to not push those buttons that really don't make a flying rip.
We have more in common than we don't. Yet in the world we live in I doubt we would have met any other way. I am working in a .....
city gal, then there is Annie Oakley, and then there is our gym Rat..... (no names), then we have the artist designer, and last but not least the angel volunteer among us! Each with a beautiful strength.

The WOE today- rough. Not bad but not great. Still one meal a day- but it could have been better. Put dairy in the mix....... alot of dairy - I don't fair well with that. But it happened! I am addicted- tomorrow is another day. there should be a support group for dairy like there is for drug addicts- I feel that way sometimes!

Speaking of..... Made my first patient call- her diet sucks. She eats Frosted Flakes and milk for breakfast - skips lunches and hot dogs and fries for dinner and thinks she is doing great. Seriously she thinks this- because she eats only 2 times. Sweet Ice tea for her liquid all day and she is only 62- 4 strokes, 1 heart attack, heart failure, diabetes and not one person has EVER talked to her about what she eats. She is totally lucid and wants to do better. She just doesn't know how. This makes me mad. She agreed to work with me.
She uses a walker - and can barely walk but will. I ask her to walk 5 minutes tomorrow. I am going to teach hear to look at labels and set up a meeting with her family who provides her meals to go over her diet. Seriously??????? I stayed non- judgmental as I was just fact gathering today. I need to tread light. She is also I think past making making big time differences.
I do think that we can hit a point of it won't change anything. She could go completely 380 in her diet and start walking and doing everything right- but irrverasble damage done. This is where my passion is- I want to hit the people that I can get to before they hit this point- when there can be a difference made. Sighhhhhh

But another question- do you think people really want it? do they really want to change while they can? I just am not sure. anyway- it was an interesting day. then I was with IT for computer issues and then had to hit up a drug screen test and go pee in a cup. ...... Yea whatever.
And yea- I was told in an EMAIL I was passed up for that job I really wanted. So I emailed the director and ASK HER why. politely of course. But just thanked her for her time and ask for interview feedback for my next time and what I could have done differently. Not that I really care. I just wanted her to know.........

I am going to go read about looming man now- the first and second kiss has happened. And now she is avoiding because after all it is a temp job and wants no strings- yea yea yea...... She will marry and live happily ever after.............. GAG .......

Have a great evening

Last edited by Jaz66 : Wed, Feb-06-19 at 18:15.
  #1078   ^
Old Thu, Feb-07-19, 06:15

BF:

Good morning!

Thank you all for your hugs and good thoughts for me after my klutz move. I'm slowly getting more mobility and can mostly dress myself. I slept well again last night so that is a blessing.

Jaz.. I love the story you wrote for me! Certainly more exciting than what actually happened!

We are going to go for a walk and have breakfast and then just enjoy our last day. We have an early flight home tomorrow morning. I have to wear my white capris home as they are the only pants I have that I can pull up one handed! I bought a big zip front sweatshirt to wear that works well. I'll make it!

Made an appointment with my orthopedist at home for next week.

DH is ready to walk...gotta fly. More later.
  #1079   ^
Old Thu, Feb-07-19, 08:32

BF:

Slept like a log........ Where did that saying come from? Certainly didn't sleep like a baby- any new mother will tell you babies don't sleep! HAHA

NIC-
sounds like you have a great attitude about stuff. We can't change anything that happened yesterday or even 5 minutes ago. We can hang onto crap and miserable or CHOOSE to go on. Good on you whatever it was.
Focusing on a Hawaii vacay - now you are talking!!!!! What a flight that will be though- 12 hours? Dang- I sure hope it's first class!!!!! I could do a couple hours in the cabin, more than that first class!!!! It's worth the money- stick the kiddo's in the back- Is the entire family going or just the one graduating? That is in June right? NICE-
congrats on you getting to pre-cruise weight. How did you do it? Just wondering?

BLUE- OK- looks like you are socked in again with yet another storm! Enough already- we all want spring! It's the point its SO close yet doesn't feel like it. Hope you are tucked in and doing well! Just PLEASE be careful - ice is no frekin joke! I would rather have a foot of snow that 1/2 inch of ice. NO go!!!!
How is the BIZ going- did that BITE stick? - hang in there and keep tossing pennies!!!!! WINK

TRIG- How is it going? I know you are chomping at the bit to get out. It is yet another warm and grey day. I am going to do broth today. Got "all" my intake sitting on the counter. Are you needing new clothes yet? Although you are most likely getting back into what you had! I hope the shoppers in the rest of us don't drive you batty! Lots of little shops in Charleston. Although the last time I was there I only bought one thing. It was a neckless- I paid alot for it and never wear it! Figures!
IS the hubby still liking his new part time job? I bet you love it- just enough to get him outta your hair for a few hours! LOLOLOL

LORI- How are you feeing? When do you come home? I am shocked and not shocked about your tumble. Seems we all have take a rough tumble this year! You however broke something-
When do you go back to the doctor? I bet that is a trip you will never forget. How did you get back to the hotel? Did you have your phone on you? Sure hope the last have of your trip was better. Your pictures were sure pretty though!
----------------------------------------------------------
So I get my eval. today from the last year and hear if I get any raise or anything. See me holding my breath!!???!?!?!?! So now I have a choice to make. Cut my losses and move on or wait it out. I need a pay check either way. I might as well hull up the big girl panties and make what I am doing worth while- until something else comes along.
I did speak with a patient yesterday that was delightful. SHE made MY day!!!!

Today is a low carb/ Low calorie day. I have broth and steam fresh shrimp. I am going to boil a few eggs for incase- I will also have some fresh tuna salad in fridge. I am really looking at fatty meats. I am thinking that cutting down on red meat and "fatty" meats will help some. Still tweaking......... I NEED to find what works for ME. I hear the how you are doing so well- but I need to find MY go to.

It is going to be some sun/ but almost 80 degrees today. I will be opening the windows and airing out my dollhouse. I love fresh air BEFORE pollen season! We have a few weeks where nobody goes outside in pollen season! Everything is covered in yellow dust. - But that hasn't happened just yet- so fresh air and warm temps are going to beg me to TRY on shorts and think Spring. I have some crocus popping up!!!!

Have a awesome day- thoughts for today

“Don’t let yesterday use up too much of today.” ―Will Rogers

“This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before.” ―Maya Angelou
  #1080   ^
Old Thu, Feb-07-19, 18:31

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey Chicks! Happy Almost-Friday!

Hahaha Jaz you had me laughing over running being bad for the body. Yeah, Lori, that was totally where you went wrong! If you'd been in a lounge chair with a drink, nothing would have happened!

Jaz, what is this "She kissed the looming man" business? Is that sort of romance book or something? Or was he a man who worked as a Loomer? LOLOLOLOL

What did you eat that was dairy based last night? Just remember that if you have bloat from it, this too will pass.

How has your commute been with the field work? Is it taking as long as you expected to get out and back?

Sorry that other job possibility didn't fan out for you. How did the evaluation go? I hope it went okay, I really do. And I was REALLY glad to hear that you spoke to a patient you liked!

Lori- enjoy every single last second of your last day there. I am still really sorry that you got hurt, but it sounds like you have made the most of your time anyway and that is good. At least you can walk, shop, enjoy the scenery etc. Are you having pain from it?

I hope you have a safe and comfortable flight tomorrow!

•••••••••••

Another day down and it's almost Friday. After a horrendous first few days, things have settled down and yep, life just moves on! Thankfully. Very nice to have DH home also. It wasn't a great time to have him gone (and I know he wished he wasn't!)

Had my CASA visit today. My two year old is adjusting well to her daycare class. No tears for the first time when I visited, and she is starting to participate in circle time a bit. The 8 month old is sitting up better, getting some trunk strength. Such a happy fellow- very easy going and content.

Made sous vide steaks and a cauliflower casserole side for dinner- it was nice to have all of us around the table. Tomorrow night will be leftovers- DH has a poker party with his brother and won't be home until late. It's an annual thing, DH loves poker and he works so dang hard! I'm glad he gets to go.

Guess that is about it from here. Jaz, you did ask how I dropped the cruise weight. Not really sure.. I mean, I was pretty dang stressed for a couple of days, but I still ate but not a lot. Generally speaking though I don't think I eat a whole lot- I'm not a quantity eater really, unless it is something like Dry Cereal. I LOVE my chocolate collagen stuff in coffee each morning and that has absolutely in no way hurt my weight loss and possibly helped it. Then I will eat something around 10-11, and then again somewhere between 1-3, and often that is it. So yeah, dunno.

I do know I was WAAAY bloated from the alcohol on that cruise- the food was meh and the desserts awful on the ship so there wasn't a crazy amount of eating happening!
Closed Thread