Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Thu, Mar-08-07, 10:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 246/217/180 Female 5'9"
BF:40%/36.6%/25%
Progress: 44%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosa27
Too funny, looks like some of us got wing on our minds. For some reason there's this song that is ringing in my head, but I can't think of the name of it. Something about I believe I can fly, I believe I can touch the sky.

I know exactly what song you are talking about. My first apartment had paper thin walls and my neighbor used to plan that song over and over and over again at about 7AM on Sunday mornings.
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Thu, Mar-08-07, 10:32

Stats: 240/218/190 Female 66 inches
BF:

Since I've decided, not to obsess about any of this, I will only weigh once a week. I have a walmart that's just a couple of blocks away and since I'm on a budget. I'll just stop in and step on their scales weekly.

Just kidding, my doctors office is just steps away from my complex and I think that's the most accurate type of scale to weigh in on, so Monday is when I starting induction, so I'll just run in jump my chunky rump up on their scale. Other wise, Walmart is my friend.
  #93   ^
Old Thu, Mar-08-07, 10:33

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakee
I know exactly what song you are talking about. My first apartment had paper thin walls and my neighbor used to plan that song over and over and over again at about 7AM on Sunday mornings.

Oh no, I would have been pulling my hair out.
  #94   ^
Old Thu, Mar-08-07, 10:40

BF:

Quote:
Are you guys using Ketone Strips? For the last few weeks they have only showed trace amounts but mine turned dark purple this morning. Hmmm..maybe I should eat bacon every night.

I'm not going to use the strips, they drove me crazy last time, they don't work for everyone. I was loosing, but the stips weren't showing that I was in ketosis. I had done some reading in the past about it which explained why, but I don't retain info well, so I'm not much use in explaining. But to get back to point, um what was my point?

No strips for me this time around, as long as I lose weight or inches, I'm not going to worry about a thing.
  #95   ^
Old Thu, Mar-08-07, 10:46

Stats: 324/294/155 Female 5'6"
BF:Lunch Box
Progress: 18%

Nicole good going!!
I'm also not using the strips at this point.
  #96   ^
Old Thu, Mar-08-07, 10:50

Good point. I don't want to obsess either but I thought the strips my let me know if I did something wrong (or right). But I guess that won't work if I can't trust them.
  #97   ^
Old Thu, Mar-08-07, 11:38

BF:

Quote:
Good point. I don't want to obsess either but I thought the strips my let me know if I did something wrong (or right). But I guess that won't work if I can't trust them.

I'm sorry, I wasn't meaning you personally were obsessing, it was just in general people get too hung up on every little detail and I know for me, the last time around when I did that, it drove me bonkers. So, my plan this time is to enjoy this experience and take it one day at a time and be happy for the little changes as they come. Don't compare my progress to anyone else, everyone will lose at a differant pace due to various reasons. Some people's bodies are resistent to this or that. I know that there will be days, weeks, even months where the scale won't budge an ouce, but, maybe you'll still be losing inches, maybe not Or suddenly after not losing for never, the numbers start heading south again.

And even though many answers to my questions can be answered in the Atkins books, I'm grateful that If something isn't working, I know I'm able to come here and ask questions jus like you are doing.

So to you and all my Chunky Dunk sisters, big hug for being here to support each other through this journey.

Last edited by Rosa27 : Thu, Mar-08-07 at 11:44.
  #98   ^
Old Thu, Mar-08-07, 11:38

Stats: 200/200/180 Female 5'6
BF:0
Progress: 0%

cris- those tyson things are good!! you know what else tyson has? these steaks in the bag..OMG soooooooo good, they taste like little filet mignons...they are hard to find tho!!! i cant seem to find them in the stores all the time!

blake- carnival valor baby!!!!! 14 weeks! haha i cant wait!! oh and i feel bad that you had to listen to that song on sunday mornings!! that must have sucked!!!! and no, im not using those ketone strips, because then i'll start obsessing over it like i do with the scale!

rosa- that recipe looks AMAZING...ok that does it...now im ordering wings for lunch!!! u guys are lucky u have wal marts near you, so you can weigh in....i didnt even know they have scales you can weigh in on....are you sure you gals dont go to the "scale section" and weigh in on some random scale???? LOL jkjkjk

ok im going to eat ill be back!
  #99   ^
Old Thu, Mar-08-07, 11:39

i Love My Chunky Dunks!!
  #100   ^
Old Thu, Mar-08-07, 11:41

BF:

Nicole,

Yes, I'm talking the scales you purchase, shhhhhhh
  #101   ^
Old Thu, Mar-08-07, 11:56

i knew it rosa!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL you lil chunky dunk sneaks!
  #102   ^
Old Thu, Mar-08-07, 11:59

Rosa-No worries, I know you weren't accusing me of obsessing. I'm new to this whole LC thing so I'm trying to learn from other peoples experiences. I really appreciate any advice you have. I'm sure I'll find my own methods that work for me but until then it's going to be a lot of trial and error. Thanks for the hot wing recipe!!!

Nicole- I've only seen photos of the Valor but it's beautiful and you get to go to St.Thomas! OK, now I'm jealous. Enjoy your wings.
  #103   ^
Old Thu, Mar-08-07, 12:08

yea, valor goes to st thomas (which i have been to, and i love)---st marteen- never been there-----and nassau bahamas- never been there!! going with the boyfriend, so it should be interesting!!! we never went on an "alone" vacation before! we have been together 2 years, and we live together..and we havent gone away alone...weird i know..
  #104   ^
Old Thu, Mar-08-07, 12:15

BF:

I'm thinking of doing a Caribbean cruise over the Chrismas holidays to get away from all the craziness. Or find someplace remote quite Island to hide till the holidays are over.
  #105   ^
Old Thu, Mar-08-07, 12:29

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 211/200/140 Female 5 feet three inches
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default Can I join too?!

Screen Name (Real Name) ceddiana77, Diana
City, State Rhode Island
Age, gender, anything else you wanna include 33, F, married, 2.5 yr old daughter
Starting Weight = 175
Current Weight as of 03/07/2007 = 169 ( blech! just gained 4! )
Goal Weight = 140

Hi everyone! Been back on atkins for about a month now. Was on this WOE a couple of times before, lost 40 lbs the first time and gained that plus 35 during pregnancy! SO now I am back.....lost 10 pounds the 1st 2 weeks on induction, stayed on induction and have not lost anything, now today up 4 pounds ( must be from the salty stuff I ate yesterday...corner beef, chicken wings....) so hopefully that nasty # in there will change by tomorrow!

I have to start eating less.....and not weighing in daily...and exercising more....

so hopefully this will be a great group and keep me motivated!!!!!!