Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-06, 11:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 259/240/165 Female 5 foot 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Yenny 58, I'm the same way. I cannot weight myself on a regular basis (daily, weekly) or I go completely nuts. Even with measuring myself, I'm avoiding doing it every day and trying for once a week. My waist was up a little this last Monday and I was a little upset until my Aunt "Flow" showed up unexpectedly. My period has been off for the last month. I have been on the road a lot for work and I'm in the office now for a few months. It has been trying to adjust to everyone else's schedule and driving me nuts. Finally, it started yesterday and I was relieved. But considering the bloat, I'm still smaller then when I started Induction. I'm on my fourth week and feeling good. But back to weighing in...not sure yet when I will do that.

I think you're right to concentrate on how you feel and how you are looking for right now. Some of this battle is over our own minds.

free4good, I'm struggling to get back into my regular exercise routine. I think I've been teeterring on the edge of exhaustion for a month or so from work. But I have two dvd's of ten minute workouts that I am going to try and start doing. I haven't set a start date yet, but I hope to do maybe one or two of those everynight until I can build myself back up to where I can push myself a bit harder.

Nonimouse, I did the meat and egg fast before. It was to break the plateau, which it did. But when I came off it, I was so hungry for other foods, I blew it right away. Also, I had caffeine in my diet then, so I was constantly hungry (caffeine was jacking with my bloodsugar). I would consider using it for a plateau (now that I'm off caffine), but probably for only a few days.

misdbobby, congrats on the two pounds and your run. That is awesome! I have two one lb weights I use for walking and holding those, it amazes me how heavy 2 lbs are. I, too, have been concerned about how little calories I'm eating. One day I had eaten maybe 800 and didn't feel hungry. I eventually ate something, just out of fear that I was eating too little. I fear slowing down my metabolism or allowing a bloodsugar drop.

Freckles, I'm the same as you. Nothing terribly exciting to report. I'm getting more and more comfortable in the Induction mode I've been in for now 4 weeks. I really needed this. I'm learning to cook different dishes and enjoy my food once more. I'm still not sure when I'll head to the next phase.
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-06, 12:11

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%

Quote:
Originally Posted by misdbobby
By the way, I was looking over an old post that I saved of Thanksgiving ideas.
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...=cheese+cracker
I know you've said that holidays can be hard for you, maybe some of these ideas will help. You may have already seen this thread before, if so maybe it'll help some others on here.

Great thread! I'm going to start trying a recipe every other week or so to try out in prep for Thanksgiving. It's only TWO MONTHS away!!!! I am bound and determined to do it lc this year no matter what. If I'm gonna have to be lc for life - and I am - then I have to make it work for me ALL the time! And yes, we'll both make it!

freckles
  #93   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-06, 12:26

BF:

My friend and I had a low carb Thanksgiving two years ago. We both got on the scale the next day and had lost weight! And the food was AMAZING!
  #94   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-06, 13:00

BF:

mis inspired me, so I started doing some searches and came across this post:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...threadid=104837

Don't have time to check it out now, but will be soon. I also found what appears to be an acceptable alternative to the traditional green bean casserole (the one with fried onions and mushroom soup) by George Stella. Will probably try that recipe as soon as possible.

Gotta go!
freckles
  #95   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-06, 17:00
~ JUST DO IT!!! ~

Plan: 5% Carbs/75% Fat/20% Prot
Stats: 191/175/150 Female 5'2"
BF:Getting lower
Progress: 39%

Oh my goodness, that is a whole lot of holiday recipes. I can't wait to go through them. Goddessrhi, way to go passing through Thanksgiving and still losing the next day. I ate LC last Thanksgiving also, I don't think I lost the next day though. Last year we ate out at a place called Country Dinner Playhouse. They have a huge buffet first and then a play after. The theater drops down from the middle of the room, it's always very entertaining. That day we saw Beauty & the Beast. The boys loved it just as much as we did and no messy clean up after. This year I want to do the whole family gathering bit. I can't wait to make a ton of LC recipes.
  #96   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-06, 19:29

BF:

I didn't find any more good recipes in that link I gave. All the good ones were in mis' link. You can have a look...but I wouldn't bother.

I made the faux cauli recipe tonight that was given in the original link. I tried it before baking covered in cheese and it's AWESOME. This will definately be a holiday dish.

Got to thinking about Christmas and how much I enjoy baking and indulging in sweets during this time. Not like Thanksgiving, where most of the meal has nothing to do with desserts. I tried a lc brownie recipe tonight because ds's made a box brownie. The lc brownies are FABULOUS. I'm going to post the recipe in my journal.

I am bound and determined to eat lc this holiday season!!!!

freckles
  #97   ^
Old Thu, Aug-24-06, 06:46

Stats: 268/214.2/170 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 55%

Morning everyone!

We had some pretty bad storms here in Wisconsin last night. Did not get much sleep.

free4good- It sounds like you are doing great

misdbobby- Nice run!! AWSOME on the 2 pounds down

Freckles- Thanks for all the great links to Thanksgiving recipes. My sister just joined me in LCing (and the board) we were just talking about how we were going to handle Thanksgiving...it is time to prepare ourselves!!

Goddessrhi- Glad I am not alone on this... I have always had a obsesive need to weigh myself after every meal, I have stopped that...but I still do morning, noon and night. I am glad however that I can LC and not "count calories" the way I used to when I did low fat/calorie dieting. That turned me into a VERY obsesive planner and I dedicated more time to it than my family.... my husband is so happy I am LCing instead of compulsive dieting as he called it. He sees me happier and less strapped to a meal plan/calorie counter.

I have been doing great. I feel great and my energy has been wonderful. I am really getting used to eating LC because I have not had a craving in about 3 days now and I am really dedicated to this being my WOL now, that feels good. My sister and I used to LC together and we would always say we could not wait to feel we are in the "zone" meaning it was just part of our life to eat this way...and I am sooo happy to say that I am there

Hope everyone enjoys there day today
  #98   ^
Old Thu, Aug-24-06, 14:25

Plan: Atkins/Callanetics
Stats: 168/157/110 Female 5'2"
BF:Sz16/sz14/sz6
Progress: 19%

YAY! So far SIX cheat-free days and the scale is back down to 145. I'm stoked! It's so good to have all of you to share this with.......Sounds like we're all winning at this game! Haven't had much free time for posting the past few days..........

Good to see you back Freckles! And way to go escaping that Demon Cake!
  #99   ^
Old Thu, Aug-24-06, 16:48

Plan: atkins
Stats: 178/153.4/135 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%

I was browsing thru and saw your posts, I to am a Re-starter after been down to my goal weight of 135 I quit atkins had another kid and just let everything go back up. So hopefully by visiting you guys every once in awile I can keep my mission in mind! I really hate being this size!
  #100   ^
Old Thu, Aug-24-06, 16:49

Plan: atkins
Stats: 178/153.4/135 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%

By the way my name is Holly.
  #101   ^
Old Thu, Aug-24-06, 17:04
Registered Member

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 96%

9 days cheat free for me and the scale hasn't budged.
  #102   ^
Old Thu, Aug-24-06, 17:37

Plan: Atkins/Callanetics
Stats: 168/157/110 Female 5'2"
BF:Sz16/sz14/sz6
Progress: 19%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbirth
9 days cheat free for me and the scale hasn't budged.

Well, hang in there. My weight actually went back up before coming back down to 145. Everyone's body reacts differently. Just remember that the longer you're cheat-free, the easier it becomes to stay that way!

I was watching TV and saw that commercial for Betty Crocker Warm Sensations. I was watching this stick-thin, gorgeous model spoon that sweet chocolate concoction into her mouth and was suddenly struck by several thoughts: 1) people who eat that crap are NOT stick-thin, or at least cannot remain so for very long; 2) this is the crappy propaganda that the food industry uses that keeps so many overweight people cramming carbage into their mouths nonstop; 3) that those cakes look so gooey they've got to be just about the most sickly sweet things you can find; and 4) that I DON'T feel as if I'm missing anything by NOT trying them!

How refreshing this little AHA! moment was for me!.........Thoughts like these help to keep me motivated! I'm gonna work on having MORE of them!
  #103   ^
Old Thu, Aug-24-06, 17:41

BF:

Hello all!

yenny...glad the cravings are gone and you're feeling good about lc. It's nice that your sister is joining you. I wish I had someone close that was still lc. I started because my mom, best friend, sil, etc. were all doing it. The only one that I think might still be lc is my best friend, who I believe is going through some kind of mid-life crises and no longer stays in touch. So I'm on my own except everyone here - so I really appreciate this website immensely!

Thanks, aword! It was tough, but I pulled through. Congrats on the cheat free days, and the loss! We all need to hear the successes.

Welcome, Holly! It sounds like we're in about the same boat (except the part about having a baby while off lc ). And I don't really hate being the size I am as much as I hate how I feel when I'm eating high carb. You can do it again! Come on by and get support when you need it. That's what we're here for.

Newbirth, Don't give up! Are the clothes feeling looser? Are you feeling good? Do you need to up your carbs? (if you're still on induction, please forgive me, I have a TERRIBLE memory ). If you get discouraged come here and give us some menu examples and see if we can help you figure this out. Congrats on the 9 days cheat free!!!!! That in and of itself is a wonderful accomplishment!

Another good day for me. No weight loss still. It's been 8 days since I lost any, but I know I lost in inches, at least right after finishing induction 5 days ago. I'm still feeling pretty good. Kind of tired lately, but think it's because I haven't gotten re-adjusted to having to get up at 6 am. I'm a night person and enjoy sleeping in, so getting up early is a stretch for me.

Nothing else to report. How is everyone else doing? I think there's a few who haven't checked in in awhile. Might have to go hunt them down and see what's going on.

Have a fabulous evening!
freckles
  #104   ^
Old Thu, Aug-24-06, 18:17
Registered Member

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 96%

Clothes aren't looser. It fact, my small 8 jeans and tiny 8 shorts no longer fit. I can get into the big 8 jeans and the medium size 8 jeans that I have, though.

I need to set up another body fat test at my gym. Last time the guy said I'd gained fat and lost muscle - very depressing.

I know I probably gained a bit on vacation, but I was good and stuck to low-carb foods most of the time. I "cheated" with one treat per day (ice cream), and all-out binged the day I came home, but was back on plan the next day. The ice cream taught me something - cheating just a little over a period of time gives me pimples. I'll remember that next year. I have the big dipper in pimples on my forehead STILL (slowly going away though).

My weight initially shot up from the GTT I had where I had to eat cr*p for 5 days to get ready for the test. before that I was close to goal. I expected it to be water weight and come off, but it hasn't. Then a few weeks after the GTT vacation came along. The good news is that I shouldn't have any horrible temptations between now and Christmas.

I track my food on FitDay 6 days a week.
http://fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJour...?Owner=Newbirth
I take Saturdays off from counting, endulge in some peanuts and a handful of Cheese-It's, but stick mostly to low-carb foods. I tried counting everything 7 days a week, but it made church potlucks (which we have every week) really tough so I gave up that idea.

Heavens no I'm not on Induction. Never have been. Skipped it when I started even. Been following this WOE for 2 1/2 years now. Been massively stalled for the last year though. I've lost maybe 5 pounds.
  #105   ^
Old Thu, Aug-24-06, 18:58

BF:

Hey all. Today was my HARDEST day.

We went to happy hour and my favorite drink was righ tin front of me and it was HARD. I love El Arroyo's Margaritas and it killed me not to have one. But I drank water, ate fajitas and chewed on a wedge of lime for a bit.

*sigh*

My boyfriend told me later he was proud of me and reminded me that I have a low carb, low calorie, no sugar margarita reciepe I could use. I knew that all along. I even considered making some up last night and taking it in with me. But I decided last night I needed to stick with induction.

So..yay me...but man...it was so hard.