Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Tue, Jan-03-12, 09:44
Registered Member

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: 232/202/120 Female 5'3
BF:Insane
Progress: 27%

You guys are talking about husbands. It's different when you're single.
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Tue, Jan-03-12, 13:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/263/170 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress: 7%

When I graduated high school 9 years ago, a couple of my friends and I went to an amusement park to celebrate our new found freedom. I was so embarrassed when we got sat down on a roller coaster and the belt didn't fit, I tried to shift my fat to make it work the last thing I wanted to do was to shamefully step off the ride without riding it in front of 100s of people watching. I held my head down and step off trying to brush off the embarrassment. My friends didn't know how to react, so they didn't.

This last summer, I went to the same amusement park with my closest new best friends who are skinny and never had a problem fitting on rides. They knew how anxious I was to even stand in line, that was an understatement. I was terrified that I'd have to shamefully step off the ride again. I asked the employees if they'd think I'd fit, they all waved their hands and me and told me not to worry. but I was worried. When I sat down in the seat I took a deep breath, I knew that this was the moment of truth. I started crying when I easily put the belt on, I was so excited that it fit that I couldn't focus on the ride.

I still have a very very long ways to go! But the feeling was incredible! I can't wait to have more feelings like that with other things!

There are so many things I can't wait to be able to do! This fat has been my entire life for entirely too long... Peace, love and success to everyone!
  #93   ^
Old Tue, Jan-03-12, 15:08

Plan: Low carb, high fat keto
Stats: 310/212/183 Male 6'0"
BF:D
Progress: 77%

That reminds me of when I was younger and they would have me change "seats" on an amusement park ride to help balance out one side over the other. I guess I weighed about as much then as I do now.
  #94   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-12, 06:26

Stats: 287/256/200 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failed.

While I can truly appreciate where you're coming from, I met my husband (5'8 170lbs) when I weighed 250lbs at 5'4. Before that there were indeed a good number of FAILS.

There are decent folks out there who realize that the package is simply that, a package. My humble suggestion is to do the things you love to do, and that is where you are most likely to meet someone who wants to share time with you doing those things... and perhaps it will lead to more
  #95   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-12, 11:11
Absurdtive

Stats: 272.5/174.4/165 Female 5'4
BF:44?/32.6/20
Progress: 91%

My husband and I met when I weighed over 250 pounds. He was heavy at the time too. We have both since done LC and lost a considerable amount of weight together. Being single is not easy, but you only need to find one person who values you as a person. One. Hang in there.

--Melissa
  #96   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-12, 16:30

Plan: I eat all of the eggs. :)
Stats: 600/400/160 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failed.

As a single person myself, I approve this statement.
  #97   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-12, 16:32

Plan: I eat all of the eggs. :)
Stats: 600/400/160 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian1974
i am going to reward myself when i get to goal with a motobike licence and new bike.

Now there is a plan!!