Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Sat, Sep-24-11, 14:33

Plan: C:12 P:60 F:satiety
Stats: 220/177.6/142 Female 5'5
BF:0/0/0
Progress: 54%

lol, people will say anything to justify their chocolate habits. that stuff is so addictive. it's got caffeine in it, and the dark choc has more caffeine than other kinds. just watch your total caffeine intake for the day~it can cause miscarriage.

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Health/20...arriage_080121/

meh
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Sat, Sep-24-11, 20:42

Plan: Paleo/atkins
Stats: 289/155/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 96%

ooh didn't think of that! could explain the jittery feeling today!!
Thanks !!
Maybe I'll trade it for the tea I've still been drinking.
wow after watching that video I"m going to not have anything.
  #93   ^
Old Sat, Sep-24-11, 23:26

Plan: C:12 P:60 F:satiety
Stats: 220/177.6/142 Female 5'5
BF:0/0/0
Progress: 54%

i know! i had a bit of cocoa in some choc avocado pudding and had aweful insomnia for two nights. i shoud know better by now, oh well. live and learn right?
  #94   ^
Old Sun, Sep-25-11, 09:16

Plan: low-carb/high-fat
Stats: 324/184/150 Female 5.5 feet
BF:
Progress: 80%

New OB is excellent! The appointment went very well, including an unexpected quick sono where I Got to see baby flopping around

I eat dark chocolate almost every day. I don't drink coffee or tea (never did, just don't like them), so it's the only caffeine I ever take in, and I usually eat less than 1 serving at a time (I buy bars that are 2-2.5 servings per bar, but I get at least 3-4 servings out of them). I sleep a LOT right now, so certainly no insomnia issues on my end!

*sigh* I found the PERFECT crib I want on Craigslit and emailed the seller - twice - and got no response. My parents are visiting this weekend, so we have their truck to use if needed, but only until this afternoon. I'm so picky about what I'm looking for in a crib (built-in storge since we have TINY bedrooms, light natural wood color, nothing curvy or fancy schmancy looking...) that it's VERY frustrating that this person hasn't contacted me back! And they didn't even post the brand or model of the crib, so I can't search for it elsewhere
  #95   ^
Old Tue, Sep-27-11, 06:48

BF:

dang jillybean!! you are sooo lucky! My first apt. isn't until the 7th. It's always such a relief when you can see your baby moving or hear its heartbeat!!
  #96   ^
Old Tue, Sep-27-11, 22:51

Plan: low carb/high fat
Stats: 179/154/135 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 57%

I had my anatomy u/s and everything looks good. We are having our 5th boy. LOL I had myself convinced it was another girl because my pregnancy is exactly like when I was pregnant with my daughter. We are extremely happy. Little guy is measuring a week ahead and one pound already at 20 weeks pregnant. Guess I don't need to worry whether or not he's getting enough, huh??? LOL

So, I had a gender party for my kids to announce that they were having another brother. I made cupcakes with blue cream in the middle and got each one of them a small gift. It was a lot of fun.
  #97   ^
Old Wed, Sep-28-11, 11:45

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriksgirl
I had my anatomy u/s and everything looks good. We are having our 5th boy. LOL I had myself convinced it was another girl because my pregnancy is exactly like when I was pregnant with my daughter. We are extremely happy. Little guy is measuring a week ahead and one pound already at 20 weeks pregnant. Guess I don't need to worry whether or not he's getting enough, huh??? LOL

So, I had a gender party for my kids to announce that they were having another brother. I made cupcakes with blue cream in the middle and got each one of them a small gift. It was a lot of fun.

Congratulations!! I can't WAIT to find out the sex of my little Jiffy. About 6 more weeks...
  #98   ^
Old Wed, Sep-28-11, 16:51
Registered Member

Plan: high fat
Stats: 205/205/150 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi ladies,

I've been reading your thread and wanted to say hi. I am a 35yo pregnant with my second child, due about April 27.

I am currently kind of off the wagon, face down in the dirt, though I would like to be following a paleo-ish lower carb program for the pregnancy. First month went well, in the second month came nausea and extreme fatigue which is killing my ability to prepare and/or eat healthy food for myself and my family. I am also a type 1 diabetic and my near daily low blood sugars right now means I am consuming at least 20g of glucose (read candy) per day, sending me on a vicious cycle of craving all things sweet.

Anyway, love that you guys have an active thread, and hoping it will help inspire me to do better.
  #99   ^
Old Thu, Sep-29-11, 05:11

BF:

Hi, djorg, welcome and CONGRATS!!!!! That first trimester is brutal. Don't feel guilty over doing whatever you gotta do to get thru it. I'm halfway thru my second trimester and am still fighting fatigue. Yesterday, it hurt to even move and every time I say down in a chair, I was nodding off. I'm hoping today is much better. sighing I homeschool my kids so being extremely tired is NOT an option and makes me a little crabby. I want to quit drinking coffee in the morning, but it's the only thing that gets me moving. But, I do need to cut it out at some point, I guess.

Anyway, I digress. lol I'm looking forward to getting to know you!!!
  #100   ^
Old Thu, Sep-29-11, 07:14

BF:

Hey djorg congrats!! I"m 38 and I'm due in May. I think one of the things with being a older Mom is being more tired. I could be wrong too.
  #101   ^
Old Thu, Sep-29-11, 08:49

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylakala
Hey djorg congrats!! I"m 38 and I'm due in May. I think one of the things with being a older Mom is being more tired. I could be wrong too.

I agree with this. Of course, I don't consider myself old. LOL My kids think I am though. LOL I'm 36.
  #102   ^
Old Thu, Sep-29-11, 11:30

BF:

Hey now, I'm only 29 (just turned 29 in late July), and I'm EXHAUSTED! You know, for weeks, I would just go to be a bit earlier (err, fall asleep on the couch before going to bed), and I had high hopes that my second trimester would bring that magical wave of energy I read about so many others getting. Umm, nope! At least, not yet, that's for sure. I am now 14 weeks 2 days, and I am MORE tired recently - I'm now having a really hard time getting out of bed in the morning and feel like curling up for a nap by lunchtime at the office, and this new level of ftigue just started within the last week or two. BLECH.
  #103   ^
Old Thu, Sep-29-11, 14:26

BF:

Sorry Jillybean everyone has different reactions to pregnancy. there is a lady in my ex ed class same age as me and has NO symptoms. SOOOOO not fair!!
  #104   ^
Old Fri, Sep-30-11, 02:53
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 241/211/145 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 31%

djorg,congrats and welcome!I hear you on that second trimester,it was pretty rough for me too,lasted until 16 weeks.doing much better now,thugh not fully low carbing.

We found out we are having a girl!!dd is up in the clouds,hubby not too much,hmmm,he'll get over it,and I have been shopping around for pink items,and thats fun.
  #105   ^
Old Fri, Sep-30-11, 02:54
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 241/211/145 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 31%

djorg,congrats and welcome!I hear you on that second trimester,it was pretty rough for me too,lasted until 16 weeks.doing much better now,though not fully low carbing.

We found out we are having a girl!!dd is up in the clouds,hubby not too much,hmmm,he'll get over it,and I have been shopping around for pink items,and thats fun.