Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Sat, Apr-17-04, 15:19

Plan: trying to figure it out
Stats: 214/201.4/160 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 23%

hey everyone. Well yesterday was very good and than hubby decided to have a Pokernight afterall. I did fine for most of the night (I was gone at a Workshop) and when I returned I was soo upset because we had somebody at our house that I though should have not been there. (the wife of my hubby's soldier that just 3 days prior sat in court after filing a restraining order and Divorce, Lost on the restraining order and dropped the divorce thing) Oh what am I saying that would've not been too bad, but she was there with her hubby. He brought her along. I don't get it. I know it is not my business, but common, she didn't get the money she wanted and the Judge claimed the restraining order was filed without cause so she turns around and trys to be all sweet just so she doesn't have to find a job and support herself and the kids.
Stuff like that makes me mad.
Anyway now I was rambling about something that you didn't have to know, but I was soo upset I started drinking. I had 3 Beers, got even more p***d off because the way the night went on and started on a glass of Jack on the rocks (whole glass full not just a shot) followed with Margarita and other mixed drinks and of course the food and snacks started to go in my mouth. I can't even tell you what I ate or how much. Let alone how much I drank. So yesterday I failed my cheatfree day. Hopefully I will be able to stay cheatfree today. (I have a major hangover and don't really feel like eating anything right now anyway).
I hope everyone else had a better Friday night than me. You gals are great.
Thanks for listening to my rambling.
Miez
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Sat, Apr-17-04, 17:21

Plan: Atkins+Black Coffee
Stats: 251/250/190 Female 5 ft. 7 in.
BF:
Progress: 2%

First of all let me say WELCOME LUNABABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad you decided to join our challenge! You will find some great support and some new friends! When you are having a bad day like me sometimes and the others it's ok to rant and rave! That's just part of being a buddy!

miez, God Bless you! Sounds like you had a hard night. I'm glad you got it off your chest. All of it is just life's problems. I have learned that other people can't control my feelings if I don't let them. It's hard not to get angry but it just hurts us in the long run. I hope you are having a really really good day today!

Nawchem, I'm so glad you are changing things so you can keep on going towards your goal!

Mims and Akasha, I hope you two are having a good cheat free weekend.

I had 7 cheat free days this week I'm so Thankful!!!!
I can't believe it is Saturday already!!!!!!!
Tomorrow is our what 4th week?????? Gosh how time flies!
  #93   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 07:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207.5/195.5/105 Female 61.5 inches
BF:38/35.8/20
Progress: 12%
Cool Good Morning

Hang in there miez, now maybe you can find other ways to deal with such situations instead of using food or drink. It's tough, but I know you can do it.

suzzee, way to go girl. You are doing awesome.

nawchew & akasha, how did the rest of this week for you both? Hope things are well.

Lunababy, good luck this week!!!

Well, I made it 7 days and managed to lose 3 lbs in the process. Something that has really helped me this week is that I tried new recipes so I wouldn't get bored with the same foods all the time, which is usually an excuse I would use to cheat.

I'm going to keep my plan the same for this weeks new challenge.
  #94   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 08:54
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

Miez, hope your Saturday went well, and the hangover is over today.

Suzee you're so positive and doing great.

I couldn't decide if I should stick to eating plain foods like meat and veges or try the recipes but Mims post decided it for me. Hurray for the 3 pounds!!!

Yesterday I weighed in and had gained 3 pounds. What the heck? Well, it was my wakeup call to get back to atkins. Yesterday 19.2 carbs. I got really hungry yesterday thank God for salmon.

My goal this week is 20 carbs per day. Starting day 1 right now.
  #95   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 09:22

Stats: 207.5/195.5/105 Female 61.5 inches
BF:38/35.8/20
Progress: 12%

nawchew, how many meals are you eating a day? You may want to break it down so that you can have 5 small meals a day, that should help some with the hunger. Also make sure you are getting enough fat & protein, they both make you feel full for longer periods of time.

For Easter my sister made bacon-waterchestnut wraps and used the LC Teriaki(sp) Sauce, very yummy.

I have made the moch pizza and a bacon cheeseburger quiche, both were great. I'm planning on trying an asparagus with orange sauce recipe this week.
  #96   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 10:18
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

Suzzee and Mims- Congrats on 7 cheat free days!!!!! Wahoo!

I had three cheat free days this week- Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, and I definatety plan on sticking with it for as long as I can! LOL.

I lost 1 pound this week, but I ate really salty food yesturday for lunch, so I probably actually lost a couple more. Can't wait to see what I weigh tomarrow morning. Hehe.

I'm going to go to the gym tomarrow, something I've slacked off on for a few weeks. I'm going to get really serious about this WOE now, summer is QUICKLY approuching!!!!!

Nawchem- Salmon is a LIFE SAVER! It's one of my favorite LC foods!
  #97   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 10:38
I will try...until.

Hey guys, that reminds me, a lot of challenge groups are making charts to keep track on their weight loss. We should to, if you guys want to!

Name................... Start Weight........... Current weight................Goal Weight
Akasha................. 170.......................... 166.5.......................... 120

Or something along those lines. You guys can add your names if you wanna!
  #98   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 20:24

Stats: 200/200/180 Female 5'6
BF:0
Progress: 0%

ok 2morrow is the start of my 7 week challenge until i go on my cruise june 6th!!! my plan is to not eat any bread at all..not even atkins products which i love....

i am going to the gym 6 times a week....im gunna weight myself 2morrow and see where i stand since i gained so much the past 2 weeks...
  #99   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 20:26

BF:

Akasha, Great job on your 3 cheat free days! I'm very happy for you! Keep up the good work!

nawchem, Good luck this week! I know you are going to do it!

miez, I hope you are feeling alot better today!

mims, I am SO HAPPY FOR YOUR 7 day cheat free week! I know what you mean about making new things! I do the same thing and it does help alot! Plus CONGRADULATIONS on your weight loss! You go Friend!!!!!

Well I am going to keep things the same with my plan, except forget the journal this week! I think I will just keep plugging along taking one day at a time. I have been thinking about how slowly I lose this weight but I'm so glad that it is coming off. You know it didn't come on in a years time and it hasn't all come off in a year but it is getting better as the days go by!

Akasha,This is fine with me, I Just don't know how mims might want to do it!

Name................... Start Weight........... Current weight................Goal Weight
Akasha................. 170.......................... 166.5.......................... 120
Suzzee..................251...........................201............... ...............170
  #100   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 21:13

BF:

WELCOME LUNA BABY YOU WILL REACH YOUR GOAL !!
I am so happy you have joined our challenge~!

GO TEAM GO
  #101   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 21:20

Plan: trying to figure it out
Stats: 214/201.4/160 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 23%

Hey guys. I am doing much better today. I was able to stay cheatfree yesterday but today it got me again (we went out shopping right around lunch time and had chinese rice and rice noodles and chicken katsup and a sprite)
I am happy to say that I did lose those lbs that I gained the week prior even without exercise. Starting tomorrow I will be back on track with the exercise and eating. I checked my weight and body measurments on Mybodycomp.com and since I was back on the diet (Jan-now) I have lost 2 lbs of Fat Mass and gained 3 lbs of Lean Body Mass.
I guess I can be happy about that.
I am adding myself to this list, too.
Suzzee................. 251........................... 201..............................170
Miezimau............... 194...........................173.5...........................150
  #102   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 13:11
I will try...until.

Hi everyone! Welcome Luna!!! Glad to see you join our challenge. This group of people are great!

I walked/jogged 4 miles yesturday (during a thunderstorm nonetheless...lol) and I hoped on the scale just a couple minutes ago and.... Yay! I had lost another 2 LBS!!!!!!!!

I can't wait until I get below 160 again. I haven't been below 160 since December. It's rainy here, so I'm not sure if I will go walking, but I already went to the gym today and if I don't go walking, I will definately do my pilate tape.

Akasha................. 170.......................... 164.5.......................... 120
Suzzee................. 251........................... 201..............................170
Miezimau............... 194...........................173.5...........................150

Yay! Down two pounds and my current Cheat Free streak is 4 days, going on 5 if I make it through tonight!
  #103   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 15:03

BF:

Hey Hi Everybody!!! I finally bit the bullet and did some hiking this morning! It was wonderful! I hiked and walked for 1 1/2 hours! I have been staring at this mountain/hill LOL for a LONG time but just didn't want to! Ok so now I started and I'm going to keep on! I was thinking at least 4 x's per week and more if possible. It is calling for rain over the next 3-4 days and I'm hoping it is a hit miss kindof thing, so I can keep on! I was thinking of joining an exercise class but figure why should I when I can walk/hike through these trails and enjoy the beauty of the woods and it is FREE! Pretty soon I will start riding my horse again. I had gained so much weight I lost all my confidence in riding. Just being so uncomfortable plus a fall and 6 months at the Chiropractor did me in! I know he (my horse) will appreciate my weight loss! hehehehhee!
I am cheat free today, and as always so thankful for it!

Akasha, CONGRADULATIONS on your 2lb weight loss!!! AND your cheat free days!

miez, CONGRADULATIONS on your weightloss and building your muscle!

GO TEAM GO
  #104   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 16:35
I will try...until.

Suzzee, I am thinking about going hiking this summer. I live right by a park with hundreds of mountains to hike. I love hiking and it is wonderful exercise!!!

It's raining, but I'm gonna go try to go for a walk. Nothing will stop me now!!!!
  #105   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 14:33

BF:

Akasha, You are right about hiking it is great exercise and a nice way to get out and enjoy nature at it's finest! Go for it! I'm glad you live close enough to get out and hike. We live in the foothills of the Appalachian Mts. in SE Ohio and I can't leave this house unless I'm on somekind of a hiking trail LOL But that really is good for me! It's basically just getting out and going for it! That was my biggest problem I just didn't feel like doing it. I'm glad day 2 is behind me now!

I had to go search for our thread because so many people are posting we got put behind! LOL So I thought I better bring this thread back to the main page! Well I hiked/walked this am again and had my daughter go with me! It started to sprinkle but we just keep on hiking! I figure if it downpoured we would just change when we got home! It didn't and turned out to be sunny and pretty so far today. It's only 4 but so far cheat free today.

How are the rest of you doing? Mims, Lunababy, miez and nawchem.....Hope I didn't miss anyone, and I hope you guys are having a good LC day!