Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Wed, May-27-09, 12:45

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizKitty
Debbie, maybe you're pregnant?

Ha ha! That would be the miracle of the ages. No, I'll just happily await the birth of my first grandchild in August. Then I can happily hand him back when he gets crabby or fussy or stinky.

Looks like my BS numbers are coming back down at least. I finally did eat something around 2 PM. I had a couple eggs and some Optimum Nut Bread with butter, and an hour after eating my BS number is at 106. I may not have another meal today though. That may have been enough. But we'll see how I feel in a few hours. Tummy is still sort of "there" feeling, but at least no active nausea thank goodness!
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Wed, May-27-09, 22:22

Plan: Fung-inspired fasting
Stats: 336/000/160 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 191%

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumunz
ok everyone, my Dr's appointment is Tuesday. I have met my goal for loosing 15 lbs by that time. I am going to see if I can squeeze in a few more lbs by than. I'm thinking I might be able to drop 1 or 2 more. Keep your fingers crossed for me. Haven't seen this Dr. since last year and am hoping good news on my weight loss. I hope he is really surprised.

How'd it go? Too soon for blood results?
  #78   ^
Old Wed, May-27-09, 22:26

BF:

Ashley -- didn't you have a trip to visit family last week? How did things work out?
  #79   ^
Old Sun, May-31-09, 08:50

BF:

Damn, here it is the last day of May, and I ended up May weighing more than I weighed at the end of April. I ended April at 286 and had set my May goal to be under 280. BZZZZT! WRONG!

I inched down a bit more and as of a few days ago had reached a new low of 283.5. Then I ended up going out to eat a couple time - still stayed STRICT low carb, just more protein and less fat than usual - and gained *6* pounds in two days, zooming back up to 289.5 without even falling off the LC wagon.

I've been super-strict the last couple days, and have managed to drop *one* pound of the 6, so I ended up on the last day of the month at 288.5. Can I say the word "bummed"?

Last night I got out my copy of DANDR (1992 version) and I think I'm going to try for the next couple of weeks to stick to my OD ratios as much as possible (less protein, more fat) but allowing myself to eat only the foods allowed on Atkins Induction. I guess it would *be* Atkins Induction since, after all, Dr. Atkins sets no specific limits to the amount of protein or fat, only the carbs.

I started out the day frying up some Applegate uncured bacon (no nitrates) and then scrambling a couple eggs mixed with a bit of cream in the bacon grease. I may have to cut down or drop the dairy too, but right now I'm just going to see what eliminating nuts, fruits, starches, and all the other things that I've been having on the OD plan, will make a difference.

So far I'm at:
Protein: 35g
Carbs: 2g
Fat:31g
  #80   ^
Old Sun, May-31-09, 09:31

BF:

My weight crept back up for the end of the month too. I started at 291 and I'm ending at 286. Not what I was hoping for.

I did eat some fruit and I went back to nuts, which I had previously eliminated.

The thing that really surprised me this month was that I carefully weighed, measured and tracked my food on four different days only to find that I've been eating low calories, about 1100 - 1200. I haven't truly measured and calculated everything for years. I've been estimating and I've been estimating much more than that. I eat calorie-dense foods so I though it was adding up to much more.

Not quite sure what to do from here ... need a new plan. I've been dieting for a lifetime and low carb since 1999 and I still don't know what to eat.
  #81   ^
Old Sun, May-31-09, 13:40

Plan: WW's/ Atkins/George S.
Stats: 317.6/260.4/186 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 43%

Hi,

Sorry to hear both of you havn't lost any weight. Remember I think you both have told us that the scale may not move but if you measure that would be different! Merpig are you doing your own plan or have others lost weight eating as you are?? I am not sure I understand how you figure what you eat and it sounds daunting....... I am pleased with how things are going but always looking at what others are doing to lose weight also.........

I don't know how I have done as I weigh in on Monday.

I walked with my dog yesterday almose 6 miles and was very sore today, but I am out planting today.

I am sure next week you both will see a drop!! Don't give up I have learned much from all your posts!

gloria
  #82   ^
Old Sun, May-31-09, 17:10

Plan: Protein Power Lifeplan
Stats: 239/226/139 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Well, I am back from my vacation. I have been gone for 2 weeks. I was going to weigh in tomorrow morning, but I couldn't wait! My weight (in the evening after dinner) is 236, down 9lbs since I left!

I am going to do my measurements tomorrow.
  #83   ^
Old Sun, May-31-09, 17:23

BF:

Way to go Ashley

That is amazing to be on vacation and loose that much!

Gloria
  #84   ^
Old Sun, May-31-09, 21:50

BF:

Ashley, that's incredible. Well done.

My goals for June lie outside this forum. I need to get a lot of things done in the three-dimensional world. I won't be around here much. If someone else would like to start a new thread for June, please feel free to.

Best wishes to you all!
  #85   ^
Old Mon, Jun-01-09, 07:24

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloquilts
Sorry to hear both of you havn't lost any weight. Remember I think you both have told us that the scale may not move but if you measure that would be different! Merpig are you doing your own plan or have others lost weight eating as you are??

Well suuposedly there are gazillions who have lost weight on the OD plan, though most of them are in Poland. I'm trying to hang on. Both Dr. K (as well as Matt Stone and Barry Groves, who have very similar plans) say that you have to let your metabolism heal before you can start to lose weight, and that the healing can take months. In the meantime, to heal, they basically claim I need:
- low carbs
- adequate but not excessive protein
- plenty of fat
- plenty of calories

So that's what I'm trying to do.

Last edited by Merpig : Mon, Jun-01-09 at 07:36.
  #86   ^
Old Mon, Jun-01-09, 09:11

Plan: Protein Power Lifeplan
Stats: 239/226/139 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Thanks, everyone!

Allison, good luck with your June goals!

Well, here are my final stats for May...

5/01/09
Weight: 247
Chest: 52"
Left Bicep: 13.75"
Waist: 48"
Hips: 52.5"
Left Thigh:27.5"

06/01/09
Weight: 234 (-13)
Chest: 50" (-2)
Left Bicep: 14" (+.25- I think I may have marked this measurement wrong on 5/01.)
Waist: 44" (-4)
Hips: 50.5" (-2)
Left Thigh:26" (-1.5)
  #87   ^
Old Mon, Jun-01-09, 10:25

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley0507
Thanks, everyone!

Allison, good luck with your June goals!

Well, here are my final stats for May...

5/01/09
Weight: 247
Chest: 52"
Left Bicep: 13.75"
Waist: 48"
Hips: 52.5"
Left Thigh:27.5"

06/01/09
Weight: 234 (-13)
Chest: 50" (-2)
Left Bicep: 14" (+.25- I think I may have marked this measurement wrong on 5/01.)
Waist: 44" (-4)
Hips: 50.5" (-2)
Left Thigh:26" (-1.5)

Ashley, that's great!

Mine is even worse today: 288. So it's only three pounds for the month.
  #88   ^
Old Tue, Jun-02-09, 17:17

Plan: No carb
Stats: 281.6/231.8/180 Female 5'5"
BF:someday
Progress: 49%

I started May at 281.0 and started June at 272.6. Thats 8.4 lbs gone.

Has someone started a June challenge thread?
  #89   ^
Old Tue, Jun-02-09, 17:57

BF:

Hi,

I started the Month at 257 and ended up at 248 for a total of 9 pounds this month!
Gloria
  #90   ^
Old Tue, Jun-02-09, 19:54
95% Sugar Free!

Plan: Very high fat LC/HCG
Stats: 310/155.4/159 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

I'm at 198. No progress at all.
Ok, something's got to change. June's going to be my month, I'm tired of this fooling around (although i don't know what to do to make it happen that I haven't already tried. and tried. and tried.) But nevertheless, I'm feeling determined. i just bought a new bike and I don't want to be the fat woman on the bike.

I see Ashley started a June thread, here's a link to it:
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=396694