Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#76   ^
Old Wed, Aug-03-05, 14:29
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 176/152/135 Female 64
BF:don't/wanna/know
Progress: 59%
Default Day 3

Well, I'm still here and plugging away.

I'm doing okay on this low GI thing. Still having headaches (sugar withdrawal, I think). I will weigh in tomorrow for a challenge I'm doing so we shall see if I've lost anything in 3 days time.

How is everyone else doing on this way of eating?? I seem to have more energy now that I try to have protein at all meals. It seems to keep the cravings at bay. It's so hot here - 95 degrees and humid too.

I'm going rollerblading tonight though and I don't know what I'm having for dinner yet.

Wish me luck tomorrow!!
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Wed, Aug-03-05, 20:32
empress of fashion

Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Good luck, Ohmom!!

Today: one plum
wheat toast, jelly
coffee
yogurt

chinese buffet!!!! nothing breaded but i'm sure it wasn't good

green beans
pinto beans

cottage cheese

Thinking of joining a yoga class. Starts next Tuesday. I've never done yoga before. Anyone have any insight?
  #78   ^
Old Thu, Aug-04-05, 05:57
Just keep swimming

Plan: General Low Carb/IF
Stats: 226/186.6/160 Female 5' 8"
BF:34/29/24
Progress: 60%

Good luck, Ohmom!

Iowagirl, I've never done yoga, but I always hear great things about it. Let us know if you do it! The Chinese buffet sounds good - we had Mexican last night, which was probably 10 times worse!
  #79   ^
Old Thu, Aug-04-05, 08:09
Registered Member

Thanks girls.....I lost .5 lb, but I didn't start until Monday, so I'm happy with that.

Iowagirl - I took a yoga class once and I loved it. It is such a relaxing time. You do have to try it, I think you'll like it!

Mexican and Chinese - wow, sounds yummy! Are you back on today??

I have a company picnic on Saturday. They always have wonderful food, so that will be tough!
  #80   ^
Old Thu, Aug-04-05, 11:01

Plan: G.I
Stats: 326/326/225 Male 6 1
BF:39/39/15
Progress: 0%
Talking Just a little hello

Good afternoon all,
I would like to just say hi and introduce my self. I am starting the G.I diet because I feel it best suits me and my working out.( I felt drained when lifting and on Atkins) but thats just me.
Any who good luck to all.

Carl
  #81   ^
Old Thu, Aug-04-05, 11:42
empress of fashion

BF:

Welcome Carl!
  #82   ^
Old Mon, Aug-08-05, 06:54
Just keep swimming

Hi Carl and everybody else! I had to work this weekend, so no playing around on the computer! I got a Dell DJ this week and finally got all my music loaded on it, so no excuses for not exercising! I told myself that the only way I could listen to my music was to exercise to it!

GI is definitely a much better choice for my family - they don't know they're "on a diet!" I made spaghetti last night with whole-wheat pasta. One of my boys is running cross country this fall, so he's carb loading. He has a 10-mile run tonight, so I made enough spaghetti for an army so he could eat it for lunch today. I tried to go easy on the pasta for me, and I put extra tomatoes and mushrooms in the sauce. I didn't make garlic bread, and nobody even asked about it!

This morning, I scrambled together some ham and eggs in a little olive oil - yum! Lunch will probably be some sort of salad. Dinner - who knows - cross country practice is across town at 5:30. My goal is to not make a bad choice there!
  #83   ^
Old Mon, Aug-08-05, 07:08

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 240/224/199 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 39%

Oh boy, have I been awol! It's been a bad few weeks, but I'm back...put all that stuff behind me! It seems like I'll do really good for a few weeks, then sabotage it all! This has been a pattern for quite a while now...anyway, I'll post meals and stuff later...I just had Kashi GO Lean and skim milk for b-fast...
Ya'll have a great day...and welcome everyone new!
  #84   ^
Old Mon, Aug-08-05, 07:16
Just keep swimming

Hi sybs! Good to see you back!
  #85   ^
Old Mon, Aug-08-05, 11:17
empress of fashion

BF:

I've been AWOL!!!! What with a birthday party and all of that my weight has increased. My plan is to low carb for a week or two then back to the GI plan.
  #86   ^
Old Mon, Aug-08-05, 11:54
Registered Member

Unhappy

Welcome Carl!!

Well girls....I screwed up at the company picnic. I had a big steak, baked beans and potato salad... then it was off to the desert table and you know the rest!!

I have decided to do Induction for two weeks to get rid of the cravings and lose some weight, even if its water only. I'll just have to deal with the bathroom issue for now. I know I'll feel like crap for the next 3 days too, but at least the hubby is out of town, so I won't be able to take it out on him

Sybs - I can totally relate with you....I'll do the same thing. I'll do really great for a couple of weeks and then my resolve wears thin and I can't do it anymore. I think we just need to be constantly reminded of why we do this in the first place. I'm going to try really hard this time.

So, Iowagirl and Sybs, today is a new day! Let's get this weight off!

ohmom
  #87   ^
Old Tue, Aug-09-05, 13:51
empress of fashion

BF:

Here! Here!

I am thinking after a week or two of lc that I will up those good carbs slowly, not all at once (gee, this sounds very Atkin-ish!). Like the wheat bread at breakfast.
  #88   ^
Old Wed, Aug-10-05, 06:38

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 240/224/199 Female 5'4
BF:

Well I have a few more b-days this month..two very good friends, so I know that I'll prob blow it on those days. But I'm starting to get up earlier and do the workouts again, as well as the prayer time. That really does make all the diffrence. So today my meals look like:
B - 1/4 c. flax w/ cream and coffee
S - not sure yet...
L - kidney beans, veggies, and 3oz tuna
S - not sure yet...
D - again, not sure yet..
For now, I;m off to walk on the tread mill for about 25 minutes...toodles!
  #89   ^
Old Mon, Aug-15-05, 12:42

Plan: <1250 cal - Flexitarian
Stats: 243/199/130 Female 5'3.5"
BF:57%/Ugh/22%
Smile Hi Everyone!

Hi everyone! I read your posts and I'd like to join your group, too! Where have you all been? There hasn't been a post since last week!

I have tried every diet under the sun. Atkins is too stringent for me, and I need to watch the fats because of high cholesterol. The low GI/GL diet sounds like the healthiest one of all. Everything I've read claims that this is the way to lose weight and be healthy.

I, too, have a family (husband and 16 yr. old son). I have to cook for them almost every night (what a pain!) but, like you, I have to make the meals interesting so they'll eat them! My husband lost 50 lbs last year (the starvation diet - mostly low carb and very low-cal - We've come to call his meals "mopey meals" because they were so joyless!) and my son could lose about 50 lbs. too.

I have to confess, right here and right now, in the last 4 months, I've gained 23 pounds. I've gained back all my weight plus 1 pound. (AAAGGGHHHH!) I weigh 231. I am determined to get this weight off. I feel like a blimp.

We bought an elliptical machine, so I have no excuse not to exercise. And my dog Cody, a Golden Retriever, looks at me longingly every morning to walk him (which I usually do).

I believe if we keep posting, that is a major force in sticking with the plan. Thank you all for being here.

Barb

Last edited by locarbbarb : Mon, Aug-15-05 at 12:52.
  #90   ^
Old Mon, Aug-15-05, 13:38
Lobstergal

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

I was gone for a bit but am back now. I'm over my illness too and enjoying the cooler summer weather.

I also have to confess that I have gone off the GI Diet. I was given a copy of an anti-inflammatory diet and decided to try it out and in just *2* days my arthritis pain was 90% gone. I've been on it for a couple weeks now and the severe edema in my legs and feet is 95% gone.

The diet itself is mainly low GI foods with beef, pork, dairy and all processed foods and artificial sweeteners eliminated. I eat a LOT of fish, chicken and turkey and am allowed to eat game meats but have not done that yet.
There is a store up the street from me that sells Emu so I might try that.

Just wanted to pop in and say hello.
Closed Thread