Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Fri, Jul-29-05, 14:53

Plan: Atkins~Modified
Stats: 173/173/145 Female 5' 6" and growing!
BF:26.6%/
Progress: 0%

ok, That Said,

Where The Heck Is The Water Drinkers!!!

i Am Drinking 32 Oz.s Right Now!

Have A Good One All!
Brenda
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Fri, Jul-29-05, 15:04
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 267/262/185 Female 5 ft 8 in.
BF:58 percent
Progress: 6%

FabBYFifty,

I have been gone from the low carb scene for a while. I read all your old journal notes about the water challenge. Can I join or is it over?

blackdress
  #78   ^
Old Fri, Jul-29-05, 15:07

Hi Blackdress!
The water challenge is never over! Or at least it will not be as long as someone needs help and wants to join And Welcome to the challenge!
If you read, then you are already prepared to drink the amount of water you choose to. Just keep us posted and we will help to modivate and encourage you to drink water daily.

Thanks for joining and We are Glad to Have You with Us!
Brenda
  #79   ^
Old Fri, Jul-29-05, 15:12

I am going to keep this moving. I don't want anyone scared to drink water daily. This is a key to losing weight, and to staying healthy.
I am a firm believer of this, and unless you are trying to drink 2 Gallons a day, YOU ARE SAFE!
Good Luck All!
Brenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabByFifty
daiseymae
Yes, I stated that too much water can deplete elctrolytes. That would also have to be an excessive amount too. Also when changing any diet or way of eating that is why it is important to take a good multi vitamin. This in itself stops depletion of the nessessary vitamins and minerals.
Come on, how many people do you think honestly drink 100oz.s or better daily, everyday for a long period of time? I can tell you from experience that not many are going to be consistant with this. It shows in the Challenge. Most come and go. Not because they do not like the challenge but because drinking water to an excess is not going to be a long time daily thing.

The rule for consuming water again when dieting is:
64 ozs. for optimal health (This should be done every single day, weather dieting or not)
Then for every 25 pounds over weight that you are another 8 oz. glass of water daily. Example: I weigh 158 pounds, and I am if possible going to try to go down to 135 pounds. So, my water consumption should be 72ozs. daily. I need to tell you on a regular basis, I drink about 100oz.s most days. To date, my electrolytes are fine, my heath is great and if anything the water has
1. Helped me lose weight, when I am consistant with drinking it daily.
2. Improved my skin appearance greatly.
3. Removes any impurities from my body.

This is drinking more than my quoted amounts on most days. So, this amount is not going to hurt any of you in this challenge I don't care what you weigh.

Further the consumption of water also depends on the amount of activity you engage in. I workout 5 to 7 days a week, so 100 ozs or more is a good number of ounces for me daily. Plus the difference in the temperature is a guide too. We need more water in the hot wheather than we do in the cold wheather.

Thanks for your post. I am going by about 2 years experience. So, water damaging my health is far from thoughts.
Also, when you are drinking too much water there are signs, headaches is the first one.
Thanks and HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.
BRENDA
  #80   ^
Old Fri, Jul-29-05, 19:50

Stats: 221/206.5/190 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Thanks for that info.

I believe drinking the water this time around has really helped my weight loss. I can also already see an improvement in my skin, just looks healthier.

I feel great too, I know my body really appreciates a constant flow of water. I know I need to wrok on the sleep factor though. Working full-time, being a mom to a 1 & 2 year old, a wife, and trying to get my work-outs scheduled early in the morning does not leave a lot of time for sleep, usually 4-5 hrs. a nite. I know I need the sleep, but there is constantly more to do. Guess I will have to work on this next.

I know I have got at least 100oz. of water in today. Hope everyone else is reaching thier goal.

Jenny
  #81   ^
Old Sat, Jul-30-05, 15:44

Plan: On my own
Stats: 250/244/135 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:
Progress: 5%

Hi All,
I am still hanging in there. I have been steadly drink 64 oz. everyday so far. I keep forgeting to post on this thread; I been writing in my journal almost everyday. I try to get in all the water by 8 o'clock pm so I won't be up half the night in the bathroom. My eyes are feeling so much better since I started this. I really hope this helps with my night time eating I am so full I don't want to eat (so far so good!).

Annie
  #82   ^
Old Sat, Jul-30-05, 20:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQgal
Hi All,
I am still hanging in there. I have been steadly drink 64 oz. everyday so far. I keep forgeting to post on this thread; I been writing in my journal almost everyday. I try to get in all the water by 8 o'clock pm so I won't be up half the night in the bathroom. My eyes are feeling so much better since I started this. I really hope this helps with my night time eating I am so full I don't want to eat (so far so good!).

Annie

GOOD FOR YOU ANNIE! AND, THE WATER WILL FILL YOU UP AND SUPRESS YOUR APPETITE, SO JUST KEEP ON TRACK WITH IT AND YOU SHOULD BE FINE!
GOOD GOING!
BRENDA
  #83   ^
Old Sat, Jul-30-05, 21:45

Stats: 189/169/139 Female 5ft3ins
BF:41.8%/39%/33%
Progress: 40%

Hi ladies..I have a fair bit of trouble getting 2 litres into me everyday. can you confirm that there are 32fl oz to a litre. So 2 litres/64oz is adequate but going by Brendas knowledgable post more is better...Ooohhh my goodness I'll feel like a slurpee!!
I'm in for this challenge.
  #84   ^
Old Sun, Jul-31-05, 06:06

BF:

Tardon, yes there of 32 oz. in a litre. So two a day would give you your 64 oz. So drink away. I try to drink at least 100 oz. a day, so I would have to be officially declared a slurpee!!!

Jenny
  #85   ^
Old Sun, Jul-31-05, 16:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 300/197/195 Female 62
BF:Long term goal-125
Progress: 98%

I would like to join the water challenge. I am going to aim at 64 oz a day. Does it count if you use crystal light? I get those little packets and pour them in my 16.9 oz water. I hope that counts. I HATE water. But if I have to I will drink plain.
  #86   ^
Old Sun, Jul-31-05, 20:04

BF:

Welcome Debbyd to our little challenge. You really should try to drink 64oz. of just plain water. I know how you feel, about not liking the taste, this was me in the beginning. Now it is really the only thing I drink, but I only like it ice cold.

I believe this has truly helped with my weight loss. Not only that, but my skin actually feels and looks better.

I found early into this I was best to set up goals daily for myself. I would have to drink 20oz. by 8a.m. Then I would have to drink a glass before lunch. So on and so on. You could try to set up little goals that work with your schedule. Remember you want to drink this throughout the day to keep replenishing your body.

Good luck and keep drinking.

Jenny
  #87   ^
Old Sun, Jul-31-05, 20:12

GOOD GOING JENNY!! YOU HAVE A GREAT ATTITUDE, GOOD FOR YOU!!!
AND, YES WATER IS VERY GOOD FOR THE WEIGHT LOSS AND YOUR SKIN. I HAVE HAD IMPROVEMENT IN BOTH WHEN I STICK TO DRINKING THE WATER THE RIGHT WAY DAILY. BUT, I HAVE HAD DAYS I HAVE SLACKED AND CAN TELL THE DIFFERENCE TOO!
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GIRL, YOU ARE DOING FANTASTIC! AND THE DAILY GOAL IS A GREAT IDEA TOO, I AM GOING TO START DOING THAT ALSO!

HI, DEBBY AND GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE IN THE CHALLENGE! YOU CAN GET USE TO PLAIN WATER, AND SOON YOU WILL BE GRABBING WATER INSTEAD OF ANYTHING ELSE. BELIEVE ME, I WAS ONE THAT SAID IN THE BEGINNING THAT WATER ONLY RUST YOUR PIPES! BUT, I HAVE FOUND IT LUBRICATES THEM AND YOU FEEL SOOOOOO MUCH BETTER FOR DRINKING IT! AS I SAID AND SKYLEE SAID, IT'S GREAT FOR WEIGHT LOSS AND MANY OTHER THINGS. SO GOOD LUCK TO YOU, AND AGAIN WELCOME!
BRENDA
  #88   ^
Old Sun, Jul-31-05, 21:58

Stats: 189/169/139 Female 5ft3ins
BF:41.8%/39%/33%
Progress: 40%

Afternoon Ladies, i am just about to polish of my 2lts for the day and might call it a day. I find I am up all night if I try and drink late afternoon.
Hope you are all squelching too.
  #89   ^
Old Mon, Aug-01-05, 07:11

Hi Tardon!
I am sorry that I did not welcome you yet!! I just went back and seen the first post of your and thought, WHAT AN IDIOT I AM!!.
I am glad that you are in the Challenge! So, Welcome girl!
Yes, I was up all night too! Bathroom runs I am going to start posting as workouts!!!
But, hey at least we know the water is working!

Glad you are here, and keep drinking that water, along with that the workouts, and the eating right, GIRL YOU ARE GOING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTIONS FOR SURE!!!

Good Luck to All!
Brenda
  #90   ^
Old Mon, Aug-01-05, 19:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 300/197/195 Female 62
BF:Long term goal-125
Progress: 98%
Default Day 1

Well I started off right. I have 4 16.9 ounce bottles of water. Yeah!!!