Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-04, 14:10

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

I ate good Saturday, REALLLLLLLLLLY bad Sunday and TOday is day 1 for me officially and other than the stupid banana I have been very very good! *whew* I jsut know I can find my way back here I know it! I sure have missed you and your inspiration as well!
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Tue, Jun-15-04, 04:26
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

OK. 20.5 pounds in 20 days. Food posted daily in my journal. What is not posted is my exercise.

Quick recap: December 1-21, I ate a program that was the cleanest induction you can imagine. NO coffee (and I NEEDED my coffee), nearly no nitrate/nitrites, lots of fish, etc. Clean. Hard FOR ME. I lost 19 pounds in 21 days.

NOW: past 20 days I have lost 20.5 pounds. More than December (and boy, am I surprised!). My food program is NOT clean though legal. I drink a minimum of 32 oz. of coffee daily. Sometimes WAY more. (With whole cream no sweetener). The difference is in the exercise. Though I have a gimp leg from the war, (NO! Not the Civil War!) I am doing 4 walks thruout the day. When I can, I do a couple of more. Now a walk for me is 5 to 10 minutes. So....all told I may do 40 minutes in a day. On rare occasion 60 minutes. I do 10 minutes of upper body twice a week.

Your mileage WILL vary. SOME men lose faster than some women. Younger people will frequently lose faster than older people. Thank goodness at 54 I am still a young person. I cannot guarantee anybody else would do anything near this type of loss if you did not have similar stats to mine. Gotta tell you that most folks with lots to lose CAN lose faster in the beginning of a food program. Makes sense. Use percentage of body fat lost and I lost very little. Use pounds and it is an amazing thing to see!

So...to date I can simply say it is the increase in exercise that has helped me lose the weight over the past 20 days in conjunction with a decent LC food program. I am probably eating less in calories because since it is the summer I am doing more than I was in the winter. (And my keeping up with my grandson who is now crawling faster than I can walk is a real task!)

It is doable if you do it. This LC way of life works if you work it. Peace.
  #78   ^
Old Tue, Jun-15-04, 04:33
PuertoRican Princess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

You are doing it MisterE I'm so proud of you.

Keep it up, you're really doing it.
  #79   ^
Old Tue, Jun-15-04, 06:23

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Fantastic!

You are doing so very well. Congrats on making the exercise a priority. I know it is changing me too, even though not in the weight department so far.

Way to go!
Tracy
  #80   ^
Old Tue, Jun-15-04, 17:41
Registered Member

Stats: 243/199/145 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 45%

Way to go Mr. E. Keep up the good work.
  #81   ^
Old Tue, Jun-15-04, 17:47
... Pro-Atkins!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 312/274/220 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 41%
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterE
(And my keeping up with my grandson who is now crawling faster than I can walk is a real task!)

Now that's a creative exercise motivator! When Grandpa babysits, Grandpa gets a workout!

You fellows are doing fabulous ... I've found that exercise is a major key for me, too. Especially since I've been able to fit 2-3 smaller sessions in instead of 1 longer one.

... And MisterE your last post 'YMMV' wisely puts things in perspective for a lot of people trying to lose quickly who come from different physiological backgrounds. It's just not possible for a lot of us to have the type of success you're experiencing. But I tell you, it's sure exciting to watch!

Keep on going guys!
  #82   ^
Old Wed, Jun-16-04, 09:18

Plan: atkins
Stats: 250/243/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 6%
Default You are an Inspiration!

I just want to share that I have been paying attention to your 30 days and you are truely an inspiration. My thoughts are with you as you continue your journey. Thank you for setting such an example for the rest of us.
  #83   ^
Old Thu, Jun-17-04, 11:42

Plan: atkins
Stats: 286/268.5/145 Female 5'7''
BF:
Progress: 12%

You are indeed an inspiratation. I hope I have your success. Hopefully my weigh day will be tomorrow when my scales arrive. Peg
  #84   ^
Old Thu, Jun-17-04, 11:58

Plan: modified me
Stats: 274/258/199 Female 64
BF:don't want to know

Though I have a gimp leg from the war, (NO! Not the Civil War!)

This is so funny. You are doing so great. I do admire you!!!
  #85   ^
Old Sat, Jun-19-04, 22:46

Plan: Eat to Live
Stats: 250/199/110 Female 5'1"
BF:don't know
Progress: 36%

Still cheering you on! Your amazing... thanks for sharing your 30 day challange with all of us!!

Carina
  #86   ^
Old Sun, Jun-20-04, 04:16
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:

OK...for those following the tale: 25 days and 23.5 pounds lost. Still doing my exercise and back to taking my supplemenst and drinking all my water...what has been "different" is that I have never really gotten on track with the "clean" food program I intended when I started this.
Matter of fact, I have eaten rather poorly (though legally) by most accounts. Here is the point: I ate what I would choose to eat if I had to choose food to "diet" with.
I did eat Atkins pancakces with butter, fresh strawberries, and whipped cream. And enjoyed every single bite. I ate sugar free popsicles for treats almost daily.(Kroger brand in the pink box. Some kind of fruit things. Taste great.)

Anyway...the reason for any success I enjoy is due almost exclusively to the fact that I did my exercise. And then did some more. And then did some more. I drank my water. And I ate sensibly if not cleanly.

It would appear to me at this point that I am a little off track to make the 30 pounds in 30 days. I lost 3.5 pounds ijn the last 5 days. I would have to lose more than a pound a day to make it.

I could make it if I ate 2 meals a day of broiled fish and some type of greens; egg white omlette at breakfast and a couple of hard boiled eggs for snacks. I doubt I will do that. It does not sound very appetizing to me regardless that I know that is the meal plan that takes weight off me the fastest.

If I did not lose another pound before the morning of the 26th I would still consider this 30 days a major success. But there will be more weight lost in the next 5 days...and more importantly there will be more good health gained!

As I promised I have logged my food eaten in my journal. Every day. But being fair to you...it is more my increase in exercise than my food program that I can attribute my weight loss.

Also look at my weight in my stats. I have more to lose than MOST. Logic says I can lose faster than most as I have more to lose.

One more thing to say on the subject of losing weight safely before the morning of the 26th and my last report: Almost all of you know I have a bad leg courtesy of a long ago war. I hobble. For those of you who can walk without pain...do yourself a favor and double up your walks each day. Will you lose more weight? Hell, I have no idea. But you will see many gorgeous things and help your lungs refresh your body with every additional step. Only now do I know how much I miss not being able to walk "normally". So...stick your favorite tape in the Walkman and go out and enjoy the day that God has made every single step of the way. (Prayer book down...preacher mode off.)
  #87   ^
Old Sun, Jun-20-04, 13:31
Registered Member

Plan: My Version of M/E
Stats: 284/000/140 Female 65 inches
BF:54%/49.5%/25%
Progress: 197%

You're amazing! Great job and great advice to all!
  #88   ^
Old Sun, Jun-20-04, 18:03
... Pro-Atkins!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 312/274/220 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 41%
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterE
For those of you who can walk without pain...do yourself a favor and double up your walks each day. Will you lose more weight? Hell, I have no idea. But you will see many gorgeous things and help your lungs refresh your body with every additional step. Only now do I know how much I miss not being able to walk "normally". So...stick your favorite tape in the Walkman and go out and enjoy the day that God has made every single step of the way. (Prayer book down...preacher mode off.)
{emphasis AntiM}

Amen Brother!

I tell anyone who'll listen that if you are mobile now, take full advantage and WALK! It's so much easier keeping a skill than it is trying to get it back. And that is one ability you really miss when it's gone.

As long as I'm preaching, too I might as well continue and say that if you're not mobile now, move as much as you can and you may be able to get some of it back (given what's going on).

I'll never take it for granted that I don't need canes or crutches these days.

MisterE, you've inspired me to get out there and walk in the great outdoors, too - not my typical date with Walk Away the Pounds and the DVD.

Congratulations for your success this month - 23.5 pounds or 30, you're obviously the winner.
  #89   ^
Old Mon, Jun-21-04, 15:10
Fit and Happy

Stats: 273/145/160 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:49%/24%/24%
Progress: 113%

YEAH Mister E!!!! You are doing great!!!!
  #90   ^
Old Mon, Jun-21-04, 15:30

Plan: LC BFL
Stats: 279/155/135 Female 5'5
BF:39/24/<20
Progress: 86%

thats just amazing so, what r u weighing now?