Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 16:55

Plan: atkins
Stats: 219/197/140 Female 67in
BF:
Progress: 28%

Wow, would you look at the dork with all the smilies on that post above! LOL
Some days are just plain fun!
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 10:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 290/247/165 Female 178 cm
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hi everyone !
I'm having a couple of friends over for dinner tonight and I can't decide what to cook. I'm l-carbing, DH is on a traditional low-fat diet and I don't think my friends are dieting...I guess I'll go with a salad (dressing on the side) and some wild rice as a side dish (none for me) but I can't think of any main dish that that would be acceptable for everyone AND worthy of this somewhat special occasion. Any ideas ?
  #78   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 03:11

BF:

Can never fail with chicken! Satisfies the LF eater and who doesn't like chicken?! My fav is catchatori(sp) style.
  #79   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 03:12

BF:

Also very easy to make!
  #80   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 05:08
Under Construction

Plan: LC/BFL
Stats: 245/148/140 Female 5'4"
BF:less/than/B4
Progress: 92%

This probably a little late for dinner suggestions, but I also vote for chicken. I like chicken cordon bleu. I use a parm. cheese breading and just stuff the breasts with ham and swiss. Not too high fat, LC, and really yummy! It's also easy to make.
  #81   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 07:39
Brown-Eyed Girl

Stats: 260/153/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Parmasen cheese is great. I had never used it for much more than a spaghetti topper, but it is so versatile.
  #82   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 13:00
Under Construction

Plan: LC/BFL
Stats: 245/148/140 Female 5'4"
BF:less/than/B4
Progress: 92%

Parmesan cheese is great on chicken wings too. Anybody try the "heroin wings" yet? They are awesome!

I'm getting hungry now!
  #83   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 17:32

BF:

Hi ! Thanks for the ideas !

I did go with chicken, but I decided to repeat one of the recipes I usually cook, which is basically shredded chicken breasts mixed with a kind of cream cheese we have here (softer, something between cream cheese and sour cream), topped with parmesan and popped in the oven until its golden.

Jill, I loved your idea for chicken cordon bleau !!!! It never occurred to me to use parmesan instead of bread crumbs. I guess I'm not much of a cook to start with.

My baby is sick today, throwing up every couple of hours. I hope it gets better by tomorrow, I'm really sick of waiting in doctors' waiting rooms. If I added up all the time I've spent waiting to see the multitude of doctors these three kids of mine have been to during the last four years, it would probably come to a full year of waiting...

I should probably stop complaining because they have been relatively "less ill" lately. Have any of you ever had a kid admitted to the hospital ? My baby Stella was sent to the ICU when she was 2 months old, because of an UTI. The day we got home from the hospital one of my twins was diagnosed with chicken pox (she had been vaccinated). A couple of days latter the baby just home from the hospital had chicken pox too and to top it all off, the other twin had a terrible rash all over her body, which was not chicken pox and needed a completely different treatment all together. Now, that was hard....After that, only one baby with an upset stomach and a kid with her arm in a cast is a piece of cake !

So, let me go check on her and see if she finally settled down. Isn't it really stressing to put them to sleep when they are throwing up? I always worry that they might suffocate...

Thanks for listening to my worries!
See you !
Ana
  #84   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 03:38

BF:

Wow Ana, your life sounds as hectic as mine lately. I just returned from out of town on a family medical leave. FIL had to have angioplasty done (almost a dbl bypass). I was stuck in the hotel room all Sat with the flu. Around 11am Sat the baby had blood in her stool, which landed us in the ER of the same hospital FIL was in. Anyhow, everyone is now home and OK, except for me. Still feelling ill, but better. Of course this all followed my Thursday visit to the Doc for possible torn tendons in my right shoulder, which hopefully can be treated with just meds.
I really hope this week is better and, Ana, I hope yer little ones get better.
  #85   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 08:12

BF:

I'm sorry to hear about your "medical leave", smidgie. Did you get a positive diagnosis about the blood on your baby's stool? I guess that is one of the few problems I have yet to face with my kids... It seems that my kids get everything ever described in pediatric text books. One of my twins has had 5 episodes of pneumonia. The first one was so severe (she was 18 mo at the time) that she had to have respiratory physical terapy for one year afterwards...
But enough about bad things. I'm so excited about the holidays and everything that comes with them ! My twins are rehearsing for their ballet presentation next month and they are the cuttest little things in their little tutus. I watch them practicing and just feel so pround of them...
  #86   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 09:41

Plan: PP
Stats: 183/165/145 Female 5'6
BF:41/39/20's
Progress: 47%

Hi Gals,
Speaking of illness, my poor Ds was up thru the night with some stomach thing, went thru all our pillows and blankets! I haven't been getting much sleep lately but this was a topper. Sent Dh packing on a business trip at 4 am so we all had little rest and much ups and downs. He will be gone til friday so hopefully everyone will play nice til he gets back.
But speaking of the Holidays next week we get to go down to Sunny So Cal (and crispy). Ds will love it if he could go swimming. All I hafta do is help my mom cook, and find some LC stuff for us to eat. Ds also is looking forward to showing Gpa he can ride his bike.
Take care all,
  #87   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 10:45

BF:

Hi everyone !
Just wanted to say hi and tell you all that this morning I went back to the gym after 4 months of not exercising at all. I'm a bit achey now, but feel sooooo good for having finally had the courage to go back there ! I really hope this boosts my weight loss !
  #88   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 11:25
Registered Member

Stats: 196/166/145 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 59%

Hi Everyone,

I have been really bad about checking in...sorry. Life has been so busy. The kids are full into school and associated activities and work has gotten really busy too.

I looked over some of the postings I missed and just wanted to reassure Ana that she is not the first mother to miss a broken bone. My mother in law did the same thing with her daughter. She sent her to school and got a call from the nurse informing her that her daughter's foot was broken. The poor girl had to walk to school that day too! 25 years later and she still feels really guilty about it!

The diet has been slow but steady. I continue to do the 5 minutes in the morning and am happy with the muscle definition I am beginning to see. I need to be better about cardio tho...... I am down 30 pounds since mid August and need to buy new bras (of course it comes off the top instead of the bottom!). 20-25 more pounds to go. It seems so far away. Hoping not to trip up on Thanksgiving and Xmas. People at work are really beginning to notice which is a nice motivator.

FYI, not sure if any of you are near a Ruby Tuesday's restaurant or not, but they have introduced an entire lo-carb menu. It's pretty good and all of the counts are listed next to the items. They even have lo-carb cheesecake, yummy.

Take Care!
Kate
  #89   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 11:48

Plan: PP
Stats: 183/165/145 Female 5'6
BF:41/39/20's
Progress: 47%

Kate, Any time I look at the whole picture I am nonplussed, so I have, "I am only going to lose five pounds", rule. This helps keep me sane. It worked well when I lost 30 lbs b4 my last pregnancy. Now I am happy tp lose a pound a week! But for me slow and steady is winning the race.
  #90   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 09:43

BF:

Hi Kate ! Hummm, having a restaurant with a low-carb menu must be heaven... I remember going to Ruby Tuesday when I lived in the US, but we don't have them here. We do have Outback though and I always end up eating there. I just love their Alice Springs Chicken, with all that cheese and bacon on top. I usually have it with a ceasar salad without the croutons. But they don't post the nutritional facts about their food so I could really be underestimating the amount of carbs in my food...

Rosie, I think you are absolutely right about the "five pounds only" policy. When I first started low-carbing after I stopped breastfeeding my baby 5 months ago I had to lose 110 pounds. How scary is that? So I decided not to think about that number at all. I've lost 64 pounds so far and I still try not to think about the total number of pounds left for me to lose. I know they are there, I just don't think about them all the time and instead celebrate every couple of pounds that does come off. I'll get there when I get there...

Take care you all !
Ana