Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Sat, Jun-01-02, 11:02

Plan: IN LIMBO!!!!!
Stats: 145/137/126
BF:28.3%/22%/18%
Progress: 42%
Smile c1w4d6 &7

20MAS today!

Starting to feel like i may be getting a bit pms. almost talked myself out of a run
almost though i did do it and i feel so much better now!
off to a very busy day.
regards,
brenda
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Sat, Jun-01-02, 12:21

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hey there!

Good for you for overcoming that bit of resistance!!

I think one of the wonderful things about doing a workout is the feeling of satisfaction we get after it's done!

Marlaine
  #78   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 10:23

Default c1w5d1

UBWO.

Woke up at 5:00 a.m. to start my new UBWO. I think I really like this routine. It took me about an hour to complete just because things were new and I wanted to concentrate on my form. Only hit my 9's on 4 out of the 5 sets, but I didn't want to have jello arms today because I have some furniture to put together (IKEA) and some plants to plant. Feeling strong and powerful which is always a great thing!
Regards,
Bren

Marlaine ~ Every time I read one of your posts I feel so underdressed sitting here in my shorts, t-shirt and no makeup! You are so right. One thing that is really motivating me is that I want a journal/log free of "missing one workout won't hurt" or "that's ok, just start over tomorrow" or "I know you can do it" yada, yada. I'm in a 'Take No Prisoner' mode and want to keep it that way 'till the end of this 12 week period. Thanks for checkin' up on me, it really, really helps keep me going!
  #79   ^
Old Tue, Jun-04-02, 09:34

Default c1w5d2

20MAS- well, kinda went for a 30 min. run with lots of inclines. Definitely hit my 10 on one of those hills. Rick and I are running in the "see Alice run" 5 mile race in Golden Gate park on Sunday, it's to benefit a camp for kids with cancer and there is a pancake breakfast and concert afterwards. I wanted to get some longer running in to prepare for it. Will do the same on Thursday. Felt good to be outside and alone. Sometimes when I’m running on the treadmill in the garage, I’m thinking of all the boxes I’ve still got to sort through, unpack, store, etc. On this run my head was not cluttered with all that and trying to increase/decrease speed every minute. I did, however, have a bitch of a time getting up. My plan was to get out by 6:15 so if I felt like running longer I could, but I didn't get out till 6:40 and Rick had to leave by 7:15. I was so dead tired. I had to kick my own butt to get out of bed. "Not getting up right now is NOT an option" I had to tell myself.!!!!
Well, here's to another day in the mid 90's.
Regards,
Brenda
  #80   ^
Old Thu, Jun-06-02, 10:08

Default c1w5d3

LBWO

Can't believe I didn't post this yesterday. I sware the heat is frying my brain. The A/C guy won't be here till Sat. so no air till then. Of course, it'll cool off by then too!

New LBWO was awsome! I really pushed myself to my 10's. I had a bit of a hard time with step-ups because my bench is too high, but I used a step stool instead. For sure can not listen to the radio when I do this one. The counting and coordination takes all my concentration at 6 in the morning. I really like doing a "big" muscle first to get my heart rate up first thing. Think I will try this with UBWO too.
Regards,
Brenda
  #81   ^
Old Thu, Jun-06-02, 10:12

Default c1w5d4

20-MAS

Again, went for a 6 a.m. run for 35 min. Loved it, but really need to find a better station. Morning talk shows on the radio are really starting to wear on my nerves. Does this make me old. I can't even stand Howard Stern for the short second he's on when I'm switching channels. My jogging cd player skips too much to use it running, so I'm going to have to use cassette I guess.
Ready for the race on Sunday. It should be a lot of fun. At b2b my number was like 18766, for this one it's 195. A bit smaller population, eh? It'll be fun, and yes, I'm taking pictures again. No rain in the forcast!!!!!
Hasta,
Brenda
  #82   ^
Old Fri, Jun-07-02, 12:13

Default c1w5d5

UBWO

great work out, but got interrupted with "issues" and "discussions". would have been very easy to blow the whole thing off, but instead i his some new 10's. really added some weight. I'll get those madonna arms even if it is out of misdirected anger and frustration. better to get it out productivly, right?

Don't know what's going to happen with the race. Rick's leg is really hurting him. I think it's part of when he hurt his back about 6 weeks ago, and it's just still there, disguised as leg pain. He went to the chiropractor today, but I don't think he'll be able to run. He said he'd go and wait for me at the finish line, though so we can do the concert thing, but we'll see.

so, tomorrow is going to be my free day(exercise wise), then a 5 mile run on Sunday (keep your finger crossed)
Regards,
brenda
  #83   ^
Old Fri, Jun-07-02, 16:38

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%

My fingers are crossed Brenda! I hope you get to run on Sunday!
  #84   ^
Old Fri, Jun-07-02, 18:18

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%

Howdy gymlog neighbour!

Your LBWO posted on May 31 is very similar to mine. Did it take you long to get up to the weights you are using, especially for the calf raises, deadlifts and squats? Reason I'm asking is I'm hitting my 10's with only 5 # and yours are considerably more up to 30#. You're in week 4. I'm in week 3. I know it's hard to compare because everyone has different endurance. How did you know what weights to start at? Sorry for all the questions. I'm still trying to get all this stuff sorted out and it helps immensely to go browsing thru other people's gym logs.
  #85   ^
Old Sat, Jun-08-02, 08:27

Default c1w5d6

I love visitors!!

Thanks Linda and Angela. Angela I posted in your journal, I really hope it helps.

Today is a free day, so I guess that means I'll be running tomorrow. Rick has generously decided that he'll go and just meet me at the finish line. I feel bad for him because he's so out of wack with he back/leg thing. He is not one to embrace a weakness. So I'll be running the race alone, but I'm going to really try to enjoy it. Maybe not so many race pictues as after race pictures. We'll see. It's supposed to be windy, which may be tricky, but THANK GOODNESS it won't be raining!!!

Melissa started soccer last night. Rick is assistant coaching and I'm the team mom, so it's a family affair. She is so excited. This is the first time Melissa has had a "thing" and the rest are attending for her benefit. She's in heaven.

Regards,
Brenda
  #86   ^
Old Sun, Jun-09-02, 07:36

Brenda,
Thanks so much for popping over and answering my questions. I haven't been athletic for a long timw, so that probably explains why there is so much difference right now in my weight limits and yours. I've always had especially weak arms, so even 3 or 5 pounds takes me to my 10s.

Good luck on your race today. Hope the weather cooperates. Enjoy the post race activities.
  #87   ^
Old Mon, Jun-10-02, 13:01

Default c1w5d7

Ran the race and I must say, I did pretty well! I took a minute off of each mile since b2b on 5/19!!! now granted this was a much easier run and shorter too, I still came in at 50 min. 45 seconds. typically i run 11 to 12 min. miles. So i am very proud. it was so hot & i got so dehydrated that i am retaining a bit of water today, but physically i am fine. took film in, so pictures (maybe) will be posted tonight.!

angela - i checked out your log today and it looks like things are looking up!! good for you.
  #88   ^
Old Mon, Jun-10-02, 13:05

Cool c1w6d1

I can't beleive I am on week 6 without missing a single workout or messing up one eating day. That is something for me to truly be proud of. bfl has made such a difference!

Today...LBWO which was the last thing i wanted to do after yesterday, but i got up at 5:45 and did it. when i was walking down the stairs at BART (bay area rapid transit) after my work out, my legs were shakin'! hit my tens the entire workout. I am really begining to carry myself better and even my posture is improving.
20 mas tomorrow!!
regards
brenda
  #89   ^
Old Mon, Jun-10-02, 14:21

Looks like a lot of congrats are in order.
First off, entering, finishing and doing better times than your last race. Way to go. Secondly, not missing a single workout in 6 weeks. That shows great determination. It's inspiring.

#90   ^
Old Tue, Jun-11-02, 07:05

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%

YEAH Brenda!!

Congrats on such a great race! You are AWESOME!!!!!

Linda