Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 01:29
Modified :)

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/223/175 Male 170cm
BF:
Progress: 28%

OK... I said to myself I'd do 20 - 30 mins of DDR..... about 45 mins later I managed to drag myself off it, lol!

I DDR too much

I'm getting serious temptation to go out to my mate's club tonight..... it's his last night before he closes due to not getting good enough numbers through the door, but it will probably involve me dancing around like a maniac for a large portion of the night.... and possibly lead to other forms of recreational cardio....
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-04, 03:26

BF:

Last night was cardio city!

I did DDR first thing yesterday morning as posted above, then decided to go out to my mate's club..... jogged to the tube to get there, danced on and off for about 4 hours (and I dance frantically my shoes almost saw some 10s ) I then spent 45 mins walking home in the rain.

My right knee is a bit sore today, probably from a lot of my jumping/ crazy legs nonsense.... currently got it in a tubigrip and elevated up on some cushions..... hopefully it'll feel better soon.... I think I'll call yesterday and today cardio days and bump today's UBWO to tomorrow.
  #78   ^
Old Fri, Jun-25-04, 06:58

BF:

UBWO today, went great, post it soon
  #79   ^
Old Fri, Jun-25-04, 08:32

BF:

UBWO today, thought about doing FBWO for full depletion, but my upper body is where I really need the benefits of any gains, so just went for that.

70 mins again but did an extra lats set of a different exercise, and and extra biceps set of a different exercise.

Weights in kg (lbs)

Dumbell Bench Press 12 x 16 (35), 10 x 17 (37), 8 x 18 (39), 6 x 19 (42), 12 x 18 (39)

Got everything up except the max

Dumbell Flyes 12 x 12 (26) - managed all 12 this time

Side Raises 12 x 4 (9), 10 x 5 (11), 8 x 6 (13), 6 x 7 (15), 10 x 6 (13)

Shoulder Press 12 x 8 (18)

Wide Grip Pulldowns 12 x 37.5 (83), 10 x 45 (99), 8 x 47 (104), 6 x 52.5 (116), 12 x 47 (104)

Wide Grip Assisted Chin 12 x 60 (132)

Assisted Dips - got most of the weights up, but didn't manage to complete everything, totally died on these

12 x 45 (99), 10 x 37.5 (83), 6 x 30 (66), 4 x 22.5 (50), 8 x 37.5 (83)

Tricep Extension 7 x 8 (18) - only managed 7 today before total failure.

Hammer curls 9 x 11 (24), 3 x 11(24), 6 x 9 (20), 5 x 9 (20), 12 x 6 (13), 10 x 6 (13)

Barbell Curl 7 x 15 (33)

Farmers walks 3 x 30 (66)
  #80   ^
Old Sat, Jun-26-04, 05:05

BF:

Was out dancing last night but didn't do very much dancing intentionally, mainly due to not wanting to hurt my knee again and not wanting to waste the carbs that I'd consumed which are supposed to be re-filling my glycogen
  #81   ^
Old Sat, Jun-26-04, 06:37

Plan: Atkins...hp/hf
Stats: 333/313.2/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

GREAT job getting in those biceps curls and chins hun! whohoooo!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pammiejoe6
and dancing in between sets...lmao

LOL! You know you're supposed to be resting between sets honey ? LOL!

You're so funny Pammie!

Well done on doing the 12 weeks and good luck for 20MAS today when you get up.
hahahah yeah well....i have a hard time standing still even when im TIRED! hahahaaa.....and when theres a great beat involved theres just NO stopping me!

thanks so much for the congrads! i feel really great about completing my first challenge! now its a week of light lifting and cardio and then right back on it for C2! yay!

have a great saturday doog! you knows i loves ya!
  #82   ^
Old Sun, Jun-27-04, 19:25
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Hi Doogie! Hope you had a great weekend. How is Chloe?

Hey, sorry about your leg injury and that you won't be able to do LBWO. Hope it feels better this week.

I'm not doing NHE anymore. I switched to TKD. I don't like the carbups and wasn't really noticing a difference maybe I was just in a mood because of TOM but I really felt fat, until today.

My cousin came from Montreal to visit and we went out I missed him so much and we had so much fun this weekend.

I guess you must be in bed. Sweet dreams.

red
  #83   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-04, 09:12

BF:

Been neglecting this for a while, and I have a few workouts to post, I will do it, honest!

My gym have started doing caliper tests and are having a BF awareness week, so I got a 4 point test done the other day which said I was 20.2% BF, which was about the same as the bioelectrical thingmy scales said, so there you go!

Did LBWO today and got all my weights up, including finally getting my leg press up to 260 (573 lbs) which is what I totally failed trying to do before, and got my calf raises up to 165 (364 lbs)
  #84   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-04, 17:00
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Hey Doogie! Congrats on your LB personal bests!

20% BF! Cool. I want to check mine but I have to want to wait until 12 weeks of TKD are up. Which will mean September.

Hope you're having a great weekend. I want to hear all about it. How is Chloe?

Be safe.

Hugs
red
  #85   ^
Old Sun, Jul-04-04, 08:58

Plan: low carb
Stats: 173/135.8/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%
Smile Catching back up with you...

Hi. Looks like you've been doing great getting the weights up. I'm working on getting the fat down more than the weights up right now. Here's the master plan.....to be at 145 by this Saturday and then 135 by August 31st. 10 pounds in 2 months is do-able....so that's the plan. This week I'm going to be doing Stillman's and lifting lighter than usual, then next week going back to regular lowcarbing and going heavier with weights. Stillman's is very, very low carb so it'll be hard to lift very heavy while doing it, as I found out last week. I did good with it until Friday when I went and ate at Pizza Hut, then yesterday we had company and we all went out to eat again. I stayed lowcarb, but way too much of it. I'm feeling good about my plan here. Hope all is well with you. Talk to you later!
  #86   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-08, 15:50

BF:

Trained today, my first since I restarted LC, but also my first proper one in a few weeks as I've been dying with the cold, took some time off, then trained and absolutely died on my backside, so took another week off.

First impressions: Wow! whey tastes so much better when there's no oats in it! LOL!

(need to pull my notepad out of the car for numbers, but will post exercises, cause I feel like it )

Currently doing 5 x 5, two exercises per area on a 3 day split, Chest & Back / Legs/ Shoulders & Arms.

Today's workout Chest & Back

Weight assisted chest dip - started at my last trained weight, managed 3 sets, then had to drop the weight for the last two sets which I didn't fully manage

Dumbbell fly - started at my last trained weight, managed 2 reps and almost dropped one on my chest... :| dropped back 2 weight levels out of paranoia more than absolute necessity, and aced the rest of the sets..... will go back up one next week.

Weight assisted wide grip pull ups - started at my last trained weight and managed 3 or 4 of the sets without too much trouble, dropped weight for last set.

Dumbbell rows - started one weight below last trained weight due to being tired from the pull ups (I did think about skipping these completely, but decided dropping one weight was a much better idea ) managed all sets without any problems, but was running a major sweat!

Not 100% sure whether the degradation is due to LC or just having had what feels like forever as a gym holiday (it was only 3 or 4 weeks! ) but I'm sure I'll see over the next few weeks.

Next training day Wednesday, legs - I am kinda paranoid about squatting given the degradation, so will decide whether I'm going to drop the weight a little or swap them for leg presses, but I really like squats (and I have to put a shed load of weight on the leg press, it takes all day, LOL!)
  #87   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-08, 06:51

Plan: low carb
Stats: 173/135.8/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%

Nice to see this gym log active again!!
  #88   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-08, 18:23

BF:

Legs today, my favourite

Didn't want to risk it on the squat, so dropped from my previous weight of 100kg down to 80kg, did my 5 x 5 and only went purple on the last two of set 5, whereas normally I'm purple from set 3 onwards, LOL!

Leg extensions did the first couple of sets at 18 plates on the machine, but was struggling hard, so dropped down to 16 for the other 3 sets.

Straight leg deads, kept the weight at the 50kg I did last time, although I was struggling with my grip (if i had straps I'd have used them! ), the leg and lower back side of it was fine

Standing calf raises - kept the machine on the last setting, 15 plates (which is the max for this machine :|), this is the only exercise I do 3 x 12 on rather than 5 x 5 because apparently calves just don't like low rep high sets.... they burned like hell after that though!

Next workout friday, shoulders & arms
  #89   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-08, 23:11

Plan: Lower Carb
Stats: 271.7/219.7/219 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 99%

Those are some nice weights and workouts you have going on.

What sort of grip do you use for the deads? There's something called a hook grip (http://www.sini.co.uk/strength/docu...s_explained.pdf) that is supposed to be really good once you get used to it. I'm still trying to get the hang of it.
  #90   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-08, 03:48

BF:

Duplicate, oops!

Last edited by doogieb : Fri, Nov-14-08 at 04:09.