Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Tue, Apr-24-07, 13:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/146.8/139 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

Char - 3.6# is 3.6 water or other... it's still GONE!!! Never to return! You Go Girl!

I'll give the scale another chance to be nicer to me tomorrow morning. If it's not nice I might have to beat on it or something.

I'm planning for a much lower cal/carb day today than yesterday... maybe 1600 and 20 carbs - have to see how that all works out. Time for my lunch salad now.

I'm going to the gym tonight to see what I can do, I will walk on treadmill if nothing else. I feel so lazy doing nothing!

On a non-weight related topic, my DD's grad dress just arrived at the store. Whew! I was getting a little concerned. Hard to believe she's graduating! Her dress is strapless corset style and sapphire blue - just like her eyes. Can't wait to see her in it!!!

Keep up the great effort Turtles!!!

Julie
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Tue, Apr-24-07, 14:58

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

Too funny Julie! My DD is graduating this year also and her dress is also sapphire blue to match her eyes! It's also strapless, but not a corset style! She had her heart set on getting a blue dress and we looked all over the city, but by george, we found one! Now if she could just hurry and get some shoes, I'd be happy. We're actually going out tomorrow to try and find some. Wish me luck!

Good luck at the gym!
  #78   ^
Old Tue, Apr-24-07, 16:35

BF:

Char, my DD hasn't got shoes yet either.... I keep telling her to go shopping but she's a procrastinator!!!! Best luck in finding something perfect.

I'm optimistic for the gym tonight.

I'm less optimistic for my scale. I may have a funeral for it tomorrow....

Doing well with the low cal/LC today though - too busy to eat!

Julie
  #79   ^
Old Wed, Apr-25-07, 07:59

BF:

Ok, it's official - my scale is at death's door and I am about to kick it! 143 again this morning. Rats!

I went to the gym last night and lasted 15 minutes on the treadmill before my back hurt so that ends any possibility of the 10 k this weekend. There's lots of events up here through the spring and summer so I'll hit the next one.

Have a great day!

Julie
  #80   ^
Old Wed, Apr-25-07, 08:42

BF:

Sorry that you won't be able to compete this week-end Julie, but best not to push it and as you say...there are plenty more coming up!

My big news...I'm back to ONEDERLAND this morning. I've been losing pretty steadily this week, which leads me to wonder if I just shouldn't have been counting those darn calories all along. Next week will be the true test though, so I'll keep you all posted, but I'm really hoping this isn't a fluke!
  #81   ^
Old Wed, Apr-25-07, 12:34

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charran
My big news...I'm back to ONEDERLAND this morning. I've been losing pretty steadily this week, which leads me to wonder if I just shouldn't have been counting those darn calories all along. Next week will be the true test though, so I'll keep you all posted, but I'm really hoping this isn't a fluke!

WTG Char!!!!! You worked SO HARD for this! I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!

Keep up the great work!

Julie
  #82   ^
Old Wed, Apr-25-07, 16:14

BF:

Thanks so much Julie! It's good to be back there again! I like seeing that 1 in front!
  #83   ^
Old Wed, Apr-25-07, 19:01

BF:

I'm looking forward to 130 something in the near future....So close and yet so far...

Take care, Julie
  #84   ^
Old Wed, Apr-25-07, 21:10

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 235/217.5/180 Female 65
BF:I/can't/say
Progress: 32%

MNLisa B,

Thanks for the article it really put some things in prospective for me. Losing weight is hard enough, I damn sure don't want to gain any more. I'm trying to get to onederland; haven't found what street to turn down to find it. I'm LOST!!!!!!!

La'Shunda
  #85   ^
Old Wed, Apr-25-07, 21:13

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 235/217.5/180 Female 65
BF:I/can't/say
Progress: 32%

Charran,

Congrats on making it to onederland; I bet it's fun there. Have fun because I'm on my way. We can hang out. (lol) Thanks for the encouragement

La'Shunda
  #86   ^
Old Thu, Apr-26-07, 06:08

Plan: low carb, portion control
Stats: 222/155/140 Female 5'6"
BF:100%//33
Progress: 82%
Default SLow and steady wins the race!!

Whether you have lost on the scale or not, you're all still winners!!

Winners never quit, they always persevere, they take accountability, cheer on others and are kind to themselves. They know one day they will cross that finish line, maybe not in 6 months, maybe not even in a year, but they will get there. They also know that it's the journey, not the destination that is so all important.
  #87   ^
Old Thu, Apr-26-07, 06:59

BF:

Gm Pond Pals!

I think what MNLisa said is so important. So thanks for writing it down! It is something we should all read daily to remind ourselves of! I especially like
Quote:
it's the journey, not the destination that is so all important.
This is so true and worth remembering. There is much to learn on our journey to health, not just about our physical self, but also our mental self and if we invest the time into that learning, we can assure ourselves of staying at our destination when we get there. I have no doubt that I'll get there one day. I know it will take me some time, but while I'm slowly crawling to that finish line, I'm taking time to develp new habits and learn about myself!

La'Shunda...Don't give up! Keep reading and trying new things. One day, you'll find something that works for you! Thanks for the congrats! It does feel good to be back here and I want more buddies so come on down!

As an aside...have you all read the stickies about Tips and Stalls? There was some good information and links there that helped me!
  #88   ^
Old Fri, Apr-27-07, 10:03

BF:

GM Pond Pals..... I'm still stubbornly stuck at 143. It's probably because my back is still a mess. I'm off meds though....

Going for massage therapy this afternoon which will help.

Welcome to the pond La'Shunda! We have lots of good ideas for us extremely low losers. Glad you joined us.

Julie
  #89   ^
Old Fri, Apr-27-07, 10:05

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNLisa B
Whether you have lost on the scale or not, you're all still winners!!

Winners never quit, they always persevere, they take accountability, cheer on others and are kind to themselves. They know one day they will cross that finish line, maybe not in 6 months, maybe not even in a year, but they will get there. They also know that it's the journey, not the destination that is so all important.

Thanks for this Lisa. It's hard sometimes to keep on keeping on with no scale reward. I know there are so many benefits to this WOL that I would never quit but geeez ya think the scale might cooperate a LITTLE!?!?!?!

Julie
  #90   ^
Old Fri, Apr-27-07, 12:05

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 167/135/127 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 80%

Char, thanks for reminding us to check the stickies about Tips and Stalls. I just did, and it IS full of good advices...