Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-08, 05:46

Plan: LC, HF, PP
Stats: 214/188.2/140 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%

I'd love to meet up sometime, for sure! Last night I ate totally clean, all seafood, and the waitress was nice to me. Whew. On the downside, I'm only back to 200.2 - GRRRR.

What's ttc??? Sorry, I'm pretty bad with acronyms. I think you should wait until you're ready to get pregnant. How old is your little one? Does your DH ask after your weight often? That line made me laugh "my DH will impregnate me if I don't." Me tarzan, you jane, all that stuff

The thing about weight loss is, it's impossible to predict what your body will do in a given time period. We can set (arbitrary) goals, but no matter what we do, or how clean we eat, sometimes the old bod says "nope, sorry, can't do it, not this (week/month), try again next time for more fun and prizes." Ugh. So be it. I have to say that I FEEl fabulous, though, which is really helping me stay on track. My winter acne is gone, my hip feels really good (long story), and I'm sleeping much better. I have been fatigued, but I still think that might be flu related.

So, ideas of where and when to meet? Thinking lunch somewhere, or drinks maybe?
Chris
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-08, 23:15

Plan: atkins
Stats: 295/248/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 32%

i see your still right on the verge of breaking into onederland your dinner sounded absolutely wonderful and good for you sticking on plan! what restaurant did you go to?
so i didn't weigh myself and tomorrow i am trying another one of my versions of meat and egg. just grilled chix breast and eggs...i'll let you know how i do...hopefully i remember to weigh myself in the am.
i like the idea of lunch...some place casual as this sahm is on a budget..i would have to bring the lil booger along with me too if you don't mind. dh works from 9am till 11pm 6 days a week so he can't watch him ever so i can get out which sucks!
oh and ttc=try to conceive
where do you buy your spag squash? i can't find it!
  #63   ^
Old Fri, Mar-14-08, 06:29

BF:

You almost got me with sahm :-) I went with my dad to Bass Lake Tavern in Chardon (our own acronym, the BLT). We try to go out together at least once per month, twice if we can.

OK, so now the question is, weekday or weekend? We're closer together during the week, as I'm working by cedar and 271. Of course I'd love to meet your little guy! What does your husband do? Wow, I could NEVER work that much (I'm too lazy).

I'm really bummed, weight is up to 201.2 this morning. I made a roast pork butt on Wed, and had some for lunch on Thurs and it made me feel like crap! I used a store bought marinade that had carbs in it, thinking that not much of the marinade would get IN to the meat - I guess I was wrong and lesson learned. Rough way to go, though, since I've been eating so clean and sticking to plan. But, even a net 0 loss this week is a 3 lb average over the last two. Still makes me mad, tho'.

So, if you let me know what city you live in, I can mapquest the route from work and maybe we can find a place. I'm looking forward to meeting you!
Chris
  #64   ^
Old Fri, Mar-14-08, 18:35

BF:

259 baby!!!!!!!!!! broke into the 250's FINALLY! WOOTWOOT! k sorry im just really happy right now. i def think my goal is very attainable now. so weird that yesterday i just did regular atkins, not me and i lost MORE than days i do me??? hmmm maybe i will just screw meat and egg and see what happens in the next couple of days.
weekdays or weekends are fine with me just no sundays (that's the day dh is off and it's "family day"). you are the working woman so you can pick the day. would you like to do it once it warms up a bit more? i know next week is going to be crazy with 4 dr's appts, but any other week is fine by me. i live in north olmsted...maybe we can pick a place in betweeen us??
my hubby and i own a sub shop, but he is the one that always works there since we had our son. it's nice being a business owner, but the hrs just suck!
ya those marinades have carbs AND sugar usually. it may be the sugar that got you feeling yucky. i usually make my own marinades with red wine vinegar, lemon and whatever seasoning. i think it tastes really good!
how are you doing otherwise?? exercise??
  #65   ^
Old Sat, Mar-15-08, 06:33

BF:

Congrats!!!! That's wonderful!!! Yes, let's plan to wait a bit for warmer weather. We could do lunch on a weekday, I'm lucky enough to have "flex time" and work through most of my lunches.

I'm kinda depressed today. My weight is moving in the wrong direction, as it sometimes does. I want onederland NOW. I'm going to try strict accountability this week to see what turns up. I'm going to shoot for high fat, VLC, around 1500 cal per day - should be enough to keep me out of starvation mode, but low enough for losing. Funny, m&e worked like a charm for me in week 1, but sucked this past week. I still think the IF thing has value, my body's just a stubborn little (hah hah) sucker!

Have a great weekend!
Chris
  #66   ^
Old Sat, Mar-15-08, 08:21
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 161/151.8/127 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 27%
Default oops!!

hello! im a clevelander too!! well, i actually live on the painesville/concord boarder. I am new to atkins and this board. i just started on wednesday, but i swear i see my love handles getting a little bit smaller!! so about me. Im a 29 year old stay at home mom, as of a week ago. i decided to quit my job and do a little more monitoring of my 12 yr old. I am so excited because i have gained so much weight sitting behind a desk all day. Just yesteday i bought the ab lounge, so we'll see how that works. btw... i hope you dont mind me barging in!!

Last edited by jessica78 : Sat, Mar-15-08 at 08:24. Reason: wrote the wrong age
  #67   ^
Old Sat, Mar-15-08, 12:14

BF:

Jessica, hi!!! Nope, we're excited - we thought we were the only two in Cleveland doing low carb! Welcome welcome - I'm in hambden, so pretty close to you. Unfortunately, I still DO sit behind a desk all day, but this WOE is flexible in terms of exercise. It's a good thing, because here's another day I won't get any :-( Just had to trade in BOTH our cars for new ones, talk about a financial damper! And this morning, one of our alpacas died, costing us just over 10k. Bummer. Finally, my weight is doing the bounce-up thing, just as I'm on the edge of onederland. Grrrr. All that said, WELCOME!
Chris
  #68   ^
Old Sat, Mar-15-08, 16:01
Registered Member

BF:

thanks for the welcome vavcon!! you are going to be in the 100's by tuesday... probably sooner!! im sorry to hear about your alpaca (is that a dog or like a lama?) but yay on the new car!! i just got a new honda pilot in the end of january. we got it because i got pregnant and needed a family car. unfortunatly i miscarried on valentines day. it was very sad because we were trying for over a year. but there is always a plus side to all outcomes. it prompted me and my boyfriend to FINALLY quit smoking!! tomorrow will be 5 weeks no ciggies! but i'll tell you what, it is so hard to diet and quit smoking at the same time! todya i was so clost to buying a pack, had my coat on and everything. but my sons voice kept ringing in my head .."im so proud of you mom"..... so i didnt go. instead i had a peice of cheese. lol. now, seeing as im new to this whole diet, or new way of eating, during the induction phase am i aloud to eat as much cheese as i want? cause i have. and also, last night bill ( my bf) took me to pickel bill's for crab legs. i ate soo much. i thought i did really good with not eating the bread and potato. but i did have half of cup of cole slaw. now i am freaking out because i didnt realize there were that many carbs in it. does this mean i need to start the whole induction phase over? are the past few days wasted?
  #69   ^
Old Mon, Mar-17-08, 06:03

BF:

Hey Jessica,

Nothing's ever wasted :-) I had crab legs myself last wednesday at the BLT (Bass Lake) and they were good! I do avoid coleslaw, but half of one of those sides shouldn't kill ya :-) Pickle Bill's makes the BEST coleslaw!

Thinkthin - weekly weigh in day. I am UP 2.4 pounds to 203.4 - I'm pretty upset about it, but trying to be philisophical (boy, that's going to get old fast)....
GRRR...
Chris
  #70   ^
Old Mon, Mar-17-08, 13:42

BF:

hey gals...yay i can say galS!!
chris sorry about the gain...are you planning on doing more me?? maybe just try a week with no fasting or if??? more exercise?? are you getting all your water in? im just trying to think of some possible things...how's life otherwise my dear?
welcome jessica i am a stay at home mama too! good for you for not giving into temptation and having that ciggy. i was a smoker too b4 i got pregnant and i still do have the occasional cigerette (maybe one every couple months) if i am with a smoker or something. i still really do enjoy it, but working out and life in general is so much easier (and less expensive!) wo the habit! i wouldn't worry about the cole slaw and it probably won't even effect the scale. jessica we weigh in on mondays and are currently doing a no cheat challenge which includes exercising at least 3 times a week and no bites of illegal food...feel free to join in!
as for me i am 259 this morning still, but that's still a 3lb weight loss for the week. that seems to be my average nowadays, but i must say i am very happy with it i did very well with my exercise too!
i was at the grocery store today and decided i wanted to try those soy crisps...omg DON'T get them!!! they are too good and resemble a chip entirely too well and i could easily consume the whole bag! i ate about 6-7 or them and put them away though...
  #71   ^
Old Mon, Mar-17-08, 17:25
Registered Member

BF:

HAPPY ST.PATRICKS DAY!! How are you ladies doing? I just got finished making/eating my corned beef. mmmnn..... well kinda. i guess i really dont know how to cook it! lol.either its too salty or too bland... no happy medium. I also made a little green bean cassorole ( green beans, heavy cream, parm cheese and swiss chesse baked) and potatoes for the family. You know what?! i didnt even want any of the potatoes. its weird, its only been 5 days since on this diet and i already have lost my carb cravings. except for the sweets. ive been eating alot of cream cheese and splenda a redi whip. atkins isnt that bad. as far as Monday weigh in goes.... i was at 146 this morning!! wahoo!!! so three pounds in 5 days... cant beat that. how much did you ladies lose on your induciton?
  #72   ^
Old Mon, Mar-17-08, 17:48

BF:

hey Jessica,

Congratulations! I love cheetahs, great avatar!

thinkthink, where are you????
  #73   ^
Old Mon, Mar-17-08, 23:10

BF:

hey chris im here i posted at around 1;30pm today...can everyone see my post? i was kinda mia for a couple days, but im back now
  #74   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-08, 05:49

BF:

Good morning! Hey, thinkthin, can I ask your first name?

I'm down 2 today. I'm doing high fatting this week. I was wondering if I should try rotating my diet - m&e, high fat, a little if here and there, try to trick the old body into giving up the weight. 3 pounds a week is AWESOME, btb!!!! My friend, who's also doing lowcarb, suggested that maybe IF wasn't the way to go for me, as in the past I would tend to starve myself, it might put my body into starvation mode. So, I'm going back to 3 meals per day, so long as I'm hungry. I split my lunch into two and eat part of it before noon and the rest after.

Had dance class last night and did lots of fun SWING dancing (my favorite) and some rhumba. Good exercise, I'm kinda sore today.

Everyone have a great day!!!
Chris
  #75   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-08, 08:04
Registered Member

BF:

hey ladies! congrats chris on the 2 lbs!! it feels so good to see the scale move. so, i went to the library and got 2 books... the atkins revolution, and atkins essentials. i am trying to get my bf to jump on the band wagon. today i decided to start a food and exercise log and write the number of carbs im eating instead of going thru the day blindly. hmm... im already up to 3.3! oh yeah, i was trying to put up a pic where my avatar is but i couldnt get it to up load. i did end up posting a before pic tho. and.. the last motivating kick in the butt i did was go to tj maxx and bought a bathing suit, that I MUST fit into by july 9 ( my 30th b-day ) well, i guess that is good for now, believe me, i coud write a book if i dont stop myself

ps... chris, i love dancing!! its so good for you. i bought a few weeks ago these core dancing videos that basically got you to do latin dance moves but tighten your tummy at the same time. love it.. doesnt even feel like im working out

Last edited by jessica78 : Tue, Mar-18-08 at 08:06. Reason: forgot somethin