Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-02, 14:43

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 225/195/150
BF:
Progress: 40%

HI EVERYBODY!!!!!

GLAD TO SEE WE HAVE SOME NEW MEMBERS. SORRY I HAVE NOT TOUCHED BASE LATELY BUT MY HUSBAND CAN'T KEEP HIS PAWS OFF OF ME. I LOVE IT!!!!!!! ANYWAY WEIGHT CHECK IN IS ON WEDNESDAY SO I CAN'T WAIT TO TELL EVERYBODY THE GOOD NEWS.

HANG IN THERE!!!!!

SD1
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-02, 19:46
Registered Member

Stats: 185/185/150
BF:35
Progress: 0%

Well I celebrated a friends Birthday today, I ate a slice of cake. It was so thinly sliced it was almost transparent, but I feel guilty!!! I want to try to figure the carb count. Well, I didn't have very many carbs today I think I only had 1.5 carbs, so I shouldnt beat myself up. Well I am sorry for eating that cake, but now I will start again. I have a small headache now from the sugar Well, I will go now talk to you later.

WELCOME NEW COMERS!!!!
  #63   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 08:23
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS started 1/7/2002
Stats: 180/170/140
BF:
Progress: 25%

Hi everyone,
Welcome all newcomers !!c

So glad everyone is doing great. I went to Atlantic City for the weekend. Stuck to my WOE. No problem. I got my TOM for the first time in 91 days. (yeah, I'm at THAT age,48). I immediately felt a big difference in my water retention. I think I lost a few lbs, but am waiting till Thursday to weigh myself.
Annah, I'm sitting here craving ham ,cream cheese, and pickle. I'm pretty lucky too with my live-in boyfriend. He is a wonderful cook and extremely supportive of me. He got me Omaha Steaks !! Outrageous !! Anyone ever try them ? Well, back to work ...Keep up the good work. Adele
  #64   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-02, 01:07
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 204/155/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 77%
Default Hi everyone!!!

SD1, I know what you mean! Isn't it great?!!!!!

Annah, don't beat yourself up too much for the cake. Just jump back on the right road, and carry on. I know that it can make you feel guillty, however, it's difficult to resist the ol' carb cravings when they are right there in front of you.

Adele, those steaks sound great!!! I've been fairly good. I've had a few nuts (buying single serving sizes now) and some popcorn, just not the whole bag! Otherwise, I'm sticking to Cheese, low carb bars, LC high protein drinks, and lots and lots of water!

Glad the group is growing! The bigger the group, the smaller we'll get!!!

Haven't hit the journal yet, so better go....
Keep up the good work, and keep in touch!!!
WATER, WATER, WATER!
Murp
  #65   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-02, 07:15
Registered Member

BF:
Wink LIFE IS GOOD

Hi Gang,
ONE MORE POUND !!!!

Murpel.....Are u eating the Atkins low carb bars ? I had his chocolate and breakfast bars and really enjoyed them. Then I started reading how they have all these hidden carbs..
What to do ?
Annah......So, how r those taco salads? Better than cake ? Only kidding ya. Hey. forget the cake...I started a journal yesterday. Hoping it will help.

Well.....good day to all......Adele
  #66   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-02, 23:30

Stats: 180/173/145
BF:
Progress: 20%

Makar 18
Hi Vickie,

Many thanks for the prompt and great information. I will be using that site often. I'm doing very well despite a setback last Sunday. I got back on the wagon right away and I'm not worse for the wear!
I tried to log in several times but couldn't get through so I am hoping that you get this mesage.
Thanks to all the members of the group for keeping me focused and hopeful.
I feel very safe in your company because you are all supportive and non-judgemental.
How are you doing?

Toots
  #67   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-02, 23:39

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 245/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

You're welcome. I myself have had a few setbacks, and can't seem to get back into it. I have good intentions everyday, but seem to have problems during the evenings. But at least I haven't given up like I did last time. I can do this and will do this. Just have to get more determination.

Vickie
  #68   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-02, 06:23
Registered Member

BF:

Hi,
Hope everyone is well !!
Toots,
Looks like we are on the same track. Starting out the same weight and we both lost the same amount. I've been on this since 1/7, so u are doing great. Keep up the good work.

Anyone else doing a journal ? I'm trying to start one.

Annah.....Where r ya girl ?

Have a successful day..
  #69   ^
Old Sat, Feb-23-02, 18:38
Registered Member

BF:
Default Hi All!

So glad that everyone is reading, sharing and asking questions!
In reply to as many questions to me as I can remember/answer....
I have been on Atkins since March 2001. I have lost a total of 47lbs,I think, no calc avail. I try to stay within 25-30 carbs a day, which includes the heavy cream for my coffee, the lc bars, everything. My hubby, trying to be nice, just picked up 2lbs of pistacheos! Oh No!!!! I'll try to be a good girl.
I'm hoping that this weekend I'll get the new pic taken-same dress, less of me!
I do believe that the lc bars are adding to the problem with my stall. I am eating more than I was before. Sometimes as many as one a day. I'll have to try cutting them out to see if that's what's doing it. Before I was keeping it to maybe two a week.
Been busy, entered a bowling tourn this weekend. I'll let you know if I did any good.
Hope all had a great week!
Still stuck on 156 and drinking the water like there's a drought!
Take care and I'll catch up soon!
Keep up the wonderful news everyone!!!!!
Murp
  #70   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 02:47

BF:

hi all: help!

Have written several posts over several days but none gets through. Hope this one will get through.

After I post the message a request appears for my user name and password. but after I enter that info, my post disappears.

Can anyone help?

I'm eager to talk to all of you!

Toots
  #71   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 00:22
Registered Member

BF:
Default You got in

Hi there,
I'm no expert, but I had that problem. I had to allow this site in my security settings in my internet properties. You may want to check that!
Murp
  #72   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 03:30

Stats: 193/189/154
BF:
Progress: 10%
Cool

Adele,

You and I seem to have alot in common, I've been on the Atkins diet since January and I have been yo-yoing for 6 weeks now. I have only recently lost 14lbs and am a bit fed up. My husband on the other hand has lost 26lbs in the same amount of time and does no exercise, I work my butt off to l loose a pound.

I think that we've got about the same to loose, get in touch for a chat

#73   ^
Old Sun, Mar-03-02, 01:33

BF:

Hi everyone:

It's great to have all of you around.

You're great inspiration and confirmation that it can be done. It's good to know that when I'm struggling to stay away from the chocolate cookies, one of you is probably doing the same thing so I'm not alone.

I'll be thinking of you next time I walk into the kitchen.

Thanx all
  #74   ^
Old Sun, Mar-03-02, 14:15
Registered Member

BF:
Default Hi all

it's been a while. I've been on a very strange schedule. Lots of loss of sleep! I'm almost back to normal now.
Picked up my Marine son at the airport yesterday. He's here for approx 30 days between stations. Ate two 12oz bags of nuts at work the other night/morning. Then yesterday, I ate a whole bag of popcorn. oh well, so long as I wasn't eating sugar! Ate right otherwise. Probably not drinking enough water, tryin to stay awake I overdid the coffee. I'm sure I'll work through this as well! weight is still holding, so that's good. Better than gaining.
OK, son is cooking bacon & eggs for bfast, gotta go.
Keep up the good work and keep shareing!
Drink lots o' water!
Murp
  #75   ^
Old Sun, Mar-03-02, 19:37

Stats: 225/195/150
BF:
Progress: 40%

HI EVERYBODY.

SORRY I HAVE NOT WRITTEN IN A WHILE BUT I HAVE BEEN REALLY BUSY. I STARTED GOING BACK TO THE GYM 2 DAYS AGO NOW THAT MY DAUGHTER DOES NOT MIND GOING TO THE DAYCARE THEY HAVE. MY HUSBAND USED TO GO WITH ME BUT WE ARE ON DIFFERENT WORK SCHEDULES SO I STARTED TAKING MY MOM WITH ME. IT GIVES US SOME QUALITY TIME TOGETHER AND I DON'T FEEL SO BORED. I'VE LOST ANOTHER 2 LBS. BUT HOPEFULLY THINGS WILL PICK UP SINCE I AM EXERCISING FOR AN HOUR EVERYDAY EXCEPT FOR SUNDAY. THAT IS WHEN I WILL GO TO CHURCH AND PRAY I WILL LOSE MORE. WE DID GO FOR A NICE WALK TODAY. ANYWAY KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK . I WAS THINKING ABOUT DOING THE FAT FAST TO KICK UP MY METOBOLISM . ANY OF YOU HAVE ANY OPINIONS ON THIS?

MURPEL,

YOU SEEM TO BE DOING GREAT. I CAN'Y WAIT TO SEE AN UPDATED PICTURE OF YOU. HAVE ANY POINTERS YOU WANT TO SHARE ? MAYBE AN EXAMPLE OF A DAILY MENU. ARE YOU EXERCISING?

SEE YOU ALL LATER!!!!!!