Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Mon, Aug-16-04, 14:03
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS DIET
Stats: 123/122.5/110 Female 5 something
BF:
Progress: 4%

is sausage okay? and do u have to watch ur calories?
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Mon, Aug-16-04, 21:02
Registered Member

Plan: IF Fung
Stats: 237/168/155 Male 5ft10in
BF:
Progress: 84%

For those who are not satisfied with the weight loss, I would lose the nitrite/sodium filled ham, sausage, bacon meats and stick with real meat.

Furthermore, if you're a very slow dieter, I would substantially lose the meat and go 80% eggs only. 4 large eggs is only 280 calories. Four meals of 4 eggs is 1120 calories. Lose the notion that eggs are bad for you. Get the balance of your calories from a carefully measured amount of real meat. 4% fat ground beef at 0.5lbs (2 patties). is only 300 calories with both patties and have 50g of protein. If you need more calories, add more patties. Log everything into fitday.com and watch those pounds fall off.
  #63   ^
Old Wed, Aug-18-04, 11:58
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks Much
  #64   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 06:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 274/265/170 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

I have been a little stuck and I have my parents 45 Anniversary on Sept 6 whick means lots of pictures. I am going to try the meat/egg way of eating for a few days. Is there a limit to how long to do it...ie one or two weeks? Thanks for your help.
  #65   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 07:13

Plan: Atkins & M/E
Stats: 225/216/140 Female 65
BF:31%/26%/25%
Progress: 11%

I'm just curious about how the food is prepared on this diet as I read in one of the post that fat is limited. So how do you prepare the meats, I presume mostly roasting and grilling, but I would appreciate a quick menu post please. Also is it ok to scramble/fry the eggs in a bit of butter or sunflower oil or is it better hard boiled? Thanks. And to all who have lost, well done!
  #66   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 07:44

Plan: Atkins HF/LP
Stats: 277/267/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

With the amount of carbs being so low, I eat the yolks only. This cuts the carbs down to nearly nothing and ups the fat percentage. I lose weight easier with a higher fat %.

For example:
4 egg yolks = 242 cals, 21 fat, 1 carb, 11 protein, & fat % is 79%
4 eggs whole = 366 cals, 28 fat, 3 carb, 25 protein, & fat % is 69%
  #67   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 08:52

Plan: Atkins & M/E
Stats: 225/216/140 Female 65
BF:31%/26%/25%
Progress: 11%

What do you do with the yoke - please don't tell me you eat them raw!!!!
  #68   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 09:03

Plan: Atkins HF/LP
Stats: 277/267/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Code:
What do you do with the yoke - please don't tell me you eat them raw!!!!

OMG no. I couldn't eat them raw. I have a hard enough time eating them cooked. I fry them in butter and then cut the white off. I leave the yolks with a little bit of juice, not much. I then chopp them with my fork and sometimes add a few shredds of cheese and pepper. I think the yolk taste better than the white part.
  #69   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-04, 01:01

Stats: 248/138/125 Female 5 ft. 3
BF:
Progress: 89%

I was losing about 2 pounds a week and eating low calorie and 20-35 carbs a day... then I went on this fast and lose 11 pounds in 2 weeks!...I did use romaine lettuce with zero carb dressing on about half the days instead of the eggs (it was about the same carbs as 3 eggs)...I stuck right with the 5 carb a day allowance.

I took a little time off it with pms and restarted 2 days ago when TOM began.... so far I am holding steady at the 203 I got to by losing the 11 pounds, but I NEVER lose when on TOM so its not surprising that it hasn't went down more yet... I am hoping that this will move me into Onederland within a few days and I just plan to stick with this Meat/egg fast for a few days this time.
  #70   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-04, 10:05
Registered Member

BF:

lipid,
can u post what you've been eating?
  #71   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-04, 15:50

BF:

Auto-drip coffee from grounds as this way is zero carbs...I use 1/2 T. of heavy cream per cup.

Meats grilled or fried in coconut oil...I weigh all meat on kitchen scales to be sure of amount I am eating.

Romaine lettuce...3-4 cups a day with zero carb dressing.

Some days fried eggs, but on those days I don't have the romaine lettuce unless its a very small amount because I strictly keep my carbs at 5 a day.

My calories were between 800-1200 with the average for the 2 weeks at 952...my appetite was almost non existent after the first 2 days....I always enter everything into fitday and measure and weigh every single thing I eat.

For some who I have seen say that the loss comes from reduced calories alone...I have done low calorie diets off and on all my life and they never caused me to lose 11 pounds in just 2 weeks before, especially when the average calories was 952 a day!...also I maintained the loss for the week off and am now back on it for a few days at least....the 11 pounds I lost was all new pounds...since I began this WOE in April of this year, I have not cheated nor regained any weight at all....I just found the rapid loss from this amazing as it normally takes me a week to lose about 2 pounds.

Last edited by Lipid : Sat, Aug-21-04 at 15:26.
  #72   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-04, 17:41
Registered Member

BF:

this is what i ate so far and i feel like i can't do it

1 egg from mcdonalds
2 hardboiled eggs with mayo

i leg querter roasted
i boiled egg

mid afternoon 2 leg quarters

not sure yet for dinner

ugghghh i dont know if i did it right
i cup of coffee
  #73   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-04, 17:42
Registered Member

BF:

are u taking oil of oregano too.. i heard good things about, i might wanna try it too.
  #74   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-04, 19:45

BF:

I am not taking OoO currently and haven't for awhile.

This meat/egg fast is easy to stick with if you can get past the first 2 days.... your appetite and cravings will disappear if you are like me and all the ones I know of on it.

If you would prefer then fry your eggs...thats how i ate them when I did...I would rather spend my 5 carbs a day on romaine lettuce with the zero carb dressing, for me that helps me to handle staying so low in carbs....I don't care much for eggs either....I can just tolerate them occasionally.
  #75   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-04, 20:07

Stats: 221/200/121 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 21%

Just a little update on the egg/meat fast. I did it for 3 days this week. Started at 204 & this morning weighed 200! I'm THRILLED! I haven't seen 200 in at least a year. Anyway...didn't eat any sausage or ham. I ate 3 eggs cooked in coconut oil several times a day, and a steak for dinner. Drank at least 100 oz. of water. I also drank about 20 oz. of coffee (half decaf, half regular) with heavy whipping cream. I started to crave salad, so started regular induction today. Will probably do egg/meat fast again for a few days next week.
Continued success to everyone here! Have a freat weekend!