Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View Poll Results: Do you think water is essential to weight loss?
Yes absolutely, I drink more than the recommeded a day 118 44.03%
Yes, but I drink about the recommended amount a day 68 25.37%
Yes, but I don't manage to drink all of the recommended a day 58 21.64%
No, I don't worry about it really and still manage to lose 24 8.96%
Voters: 268. You may not vote on this poll

#61   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-04, 12:00

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224.5/155/135 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

I don't understand how someone can say "I hate water". It has no taste! Now if it tasted like beet juice, I could totally agree that water is awful.....
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-04, 15:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 232/216/142 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

Water is a MUST!!!! Remember that our bodies are made up of mostly water and it certainly needs water to replenish itself. It's healthy, no carbs and it fills you up. Who could ask for more when you're LCing?
  #63   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-04, 20:15
Registered Member

Plan: modified Atkins/cycling
Stats: 145/145/125 Female 5'6"
BF:25%/23%/20%
Progress: 0%

Water is even more important when low-carbing because our bodies need more of it. Carb-rich foods supply our bodies with water, so without the carbs our bodies can't get that supply of water. We must drink it!
  #64   ^
Old Fri, Nov-05-04, 17:33
Starting Over

Stats: 175/169/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 24%

I drink as much as is humanly possible...but it's hard sometimes to get it in. I keep telling myself that i WILL NOT LOSE without it. That's pretty good motivation.

Jen
  #65   ^
Old Sat, Nov-06-04, 07:52

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 230/230/165 Female 5ft2in
BF:
Progress:

I checking in from Ks. I too must drink water-water I got to have my coffee in the Mornings. Then it is water Lots of water.I mess-up some day's --I feel-like we are not perfect This is the way god made-us. Some-one told me the main thing is to get back-up and try again.....I think that is good advice.....Smile.Be Happy....Gal From Ks.
  #66   ^
Old Sat, Nov-06-04, 08:25

BF:
Progress:
Default Hi Runnr,

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnr
Well, I just had a 3 pound "whoosh" this week after a month long stall, and the only thing I did different was up my water consumption

Runnr,

I liked reading your Journal.There is many that have different ideas.If this is what they want to think about atkins thats OK..I agree with you-I have lost with atkins -I am not getting much walking or biking done ----I do some at 5 min.--then rest and back again.....I will mess-up .....Pick your self-up-and-try-again......Gal-From-Ks.
  #67   ^
Old Sat, Nov-06-04, 08:40

BF:
Progress:
Default Hi Atkins4Eva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkins4Eva
Ive never been a big water drinker- even now when I know that I should be drinking it to help with the weight loss. I can go some days only drinking 2 diet rites a day. Im guessing this is bad. Either way I have still managed to lose weight.

I will be Atkins forever too-How are you doing in DC -my husband has a newphew in DC -he used to work at USA Today not sure if he is still there...I have been on too many diets -Atkins will be my diet for life...Glad to have you in my Journal....Gal-From-Ks.
  #68   ^
Old Sat, Nov-06-04, 22:05

Stats: 190/145/125 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 69%

Unfortunately.... I believe that water is CRUCIAL to the ongoing weight loss and to flushing the ketones out of your system. Uggh! I don't like it so much either. But I keep it bottled at home, and we have one of those water dispenser's at work, so I pretty well keep it tanked up. For me though, I HAVE to take potassium when I am drinking water instead of diet cokes or I get too dehydrated due to a blood pressure med I'm on. The sodium in the diet drinks tends to cause me to retain water, but without it, I lose water almost too quickly because of the meds.
  #69   ^
Old Sun, Nov-07-04, 18:23

Plan: Weight Watchers/S Beach
Stats: 201/195.8/135 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 8%

I'm new to this post, I do Atkins, am back on induction. April 03 I lost 16 pounds but didn't stick with it and have to lose it all again. I have a 32 oz. waterbottle from Starbucks, it helps to get all the water in because for some reason I don't feel like I'm drinking so much when I use my fav bottle. I do think that water helps lose weight.
  #70   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 22:32

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 198/175/158 Female 5'10"
BF:I am 5'10" tall
Progress: 57%
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4lemon
I think it does matter, because water flushes out those ketones, plus, if I don't drink enough water I feel tired and weak.

this was probably my problem for years, and I did not even realize it. "sigh".... I also read an article about water on the internet, and did you know if you lack water in your body, the first place it comes from is your brain? And it also says that your brain will shrink......this must be the reason for tiredness and weakness in people that do not drink enough water...ya think?
  #71   ^
Old Tue, Mar-29-05, 08:23

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

I drink water only when I am thirsty. I eat when I am hungry. I am aware when I am not drinking much and I will compensate. I don't believe it is as necesaary to drink 6-8 glasses if you are hydrated. JMHO.

Black