Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Wed, Jan-25-06, 21:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 302/298.2/250 Female 5.6
BF:Oh My!
Progress: 7%

Well, H/As have been gone for a week now (after 2 solid months of chronic pain), and I WOG'd tonight as promised in my journal this morning! W1D1, and I did 2.15 miles in 30mins plus a 5 min cooldown. Man, wogging with 228lbs (most in the rear) is totally rough! I can't imagine what doing it at 150 will feel like.....hmmm, maybe I could run a 10k then....

Okay, getting ahead of myself a bit. I was proud of my success tonight. The first time I did week 1, I only got in 1.75 miles in 30 mins. That was 12 pounds ago. I think the additional 12 pound loss attributed to the additional mileage in the same timeframe.

Anyway, I'm glad to be back with ya girls, and I wish you a marvelous wogging day tomorrow!
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Thu, Jan-26-06, 06:58

Plan: Semi South Beach
Stats: 167.5/138/130 Female 66.6 inches
BF:
Progress: 79%

Hello!

I'm probably late in joining this challege but I just restarted the program yesterday. I hope to run 5k soon!

Purvi
  #63   ^
Old Thu, Jan-26-06, 09:07

Plan: To Stay Sane
Stats: 275/239.4/224 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 70%

Didn't wog this morning, but did put the treadmill to use for another 30 minutes varying speeds and uphill. So yay! And tomorrow is end of week 3! PUSH PUSH PUSH!!
  #64   ^
Old Thu, Jan-26-06, 11:52
DRAGON SLAYER

Plan: yep- its a plan
Stats: 245/000/160 Female 62
BF:sz24/ sz16/ sz8
Progress: 288%

Hi all!!!!!!

first off.. TIO...... I AM SO PROUD OF YOU.... WTG.. and your time is fantastic... geez.. you're a helluva lot faster than me....at week 3 I think my best time was 2 miles in 28 mins... so GOOD JOB!!!!! It feels so good doesn't it!!

Demi...... I SO agree with what you said about age... I don't know how old you are.. but I will be 46 in June..... so I can totally relate to what you say..... BUT.. I have to add... there are SO MANY positive things about getting older.. don't ya think!! I LOVE being in my 40's!

My 'wog' wil be tonight.. not sure if outside or on the treadmill-- hopefully outside tho.
I will be back either tonight or tomorrow to let ya all know how it was.....

take care all....

OH... and welcome Neela.. no you're not too late... I think this is an ongoing challenge.. isn't it!! I hope.
  #65   ^
Old Thu, Jan-26-06, 23:31
DRAGON SLAYER

My run tonight (still at week 3) was absolutely fabulous and refreshing..... most definetly the GREAT ESCAPE!!!!!!! I am loving this.... and as Christina says.. I will keep pushing, pushing, pushing-- will be interesting to see how week 4 goes.. starting next week.

Later.
  #66   ^
Old Fri, Jan-27-06, 07:42

BF:

Technically, I completed W3 of the CR program about 1/2 hour ago, but it was the hardest ever today (my legs felt SO heavy) so I may not be able to move on to W4 on MOnday... I haven't looked at what that entails, but if it's more than jogging 3 mins in a row, I doubt I'll be able to do it... but then again, I gotta PUSH PUSH PUSH. TGIF ALL!
  #67   ^
Old Fri, Jan-27-06, 07:51

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

Have just completed CR Week1 Workout 3 (see gym log).

Easier on the legs today - shins seemed to be fine during the running sections, and are only now aching slightly (30 minutes later).

A colleague suggested that I run at a faster pace, which has the effect of making you 'lighter' on your feet - I think that that definitely helped - however, it did have me gasping for breath towards the end of each running session. I presume, though, that this will get better as I progress/get fitter (I may not have smoked for 3 years, but I expect that a previous 40-a-day smoking habit hasn't exactly helped in that regard).

So, that's my first week's wogging over

I'm not sure if I'll progress onto week 2 just yet - I think that I may need another week or so on Week 1 first. Will see how I get on during my next session.

Quote:
Originally posted by cathy44
...... I SO agree with what you said about age... I don't know how old you are.. but I will be 46 in June..... so I can totally relate to what you say..... BUT.. I have to add... there are SO MANY positive things about getting older.. don't ya think!! I LOVE being in my 40's!

We're actually around the same age - though I'm a little bit older, as I'll be 47 in August! I love being in my 40s too!

Glad to hear that you had a great run last night - I'm thinking that I might try some running outdoors over the weekend. I'm planning on a 5 mile power walk on Sunday - so might throw a bit of wogging in too!

Christina ~ well done on ramping up the treadmill I have to say that I think of you every time I wog! I keep hearing you saying PUSH! PUSH! PUSH! Great Mantra!

tiodnaci ~ congrats on getting back on track and good to hear that you're now headache free LOL, I hear you about the oundage on the butt - that's definitely something that I'm aware of as I run, the baggage bouncing up and down - hopefully, this won't be the case at 150lbs!

neela26 ~ welcome sounds like you've done the programme before, so at least you know what you're in for!

Have a great weekend everyone
  #68   ^
Old Fri, Jan-27-06, 12:18
DRAGON SLAYER

Hi Ladies.... WTG Christina and Demi... you're doing so great.. I am SO proud to be a part of this challenge...

Hey Christina... copied week 4 of coolrunnings.. here it is:

Week 4/Cool Runnings:
Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then--
Jog 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Walk 1/8 mile (or 90 seconds)
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Walk 1/4 mile (or 2-1/2 minutes)
Jog 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Walk 1/8 mile (or 90 seconds)
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)

I'm going to try it on Monday or Tuesday.....we'll see how it goes.. I'll never know until I try!!

Going out of town for the weekend.. but will do day 3/week 3 on Saturday or Sunday... will talk to you all upon my return.
  #69   ^
Old Fri, Jan-27-06, 18:52

Greetings all you wogging chicks- Jut pooping in to wish you all a happy wogging weekend....I'm on my way out for w1d2.

Demi - Congrats on completing week1 - I will likely do another round of the same week myself. Just not sure if the bones can take a longer stint yet. I noticed coolrunnings.com suggests moving at a pace comfy for your body. The point is we're moving!!

Christina - Congrats on week3! You have will of steel! The way you push, push, push.... There's nothing you can't do. I have a feeling you'll handle week4 just fine

Cathy - We'll miss you this weekend and look forward to hearing about your weekend.

Purvi - As Cathy mentioned earlier, this is an ongoing challenge, so come join me on week1 - it'll be a blast, and the more support the better off we'll all be.

Okay, off to WOG. I'm struggling withe sore shins today, but I'll bet they feel good when I'm done. Ciao!
  #70   ^
Old Mon, Jan-30-06, 07:35

BF:

so I tried out day 1 week 4 of the coolrunnings and it was ridiculously difficult... I had to stop the last 5 minute rep about 2 minutes short. Contrary to my mantra, I just couldn't push any more. Not sure if I'm gonna go back to week 3 on Wednesday or just keep PUSHing with Week 4. I'm certain though that next week will NOT be week 5. At least I'm moving my fat arse, right?
  #71   ^
Old Mon, Jan-30-06, 07:37

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by superaunt
so I tried out day 1 week 4 of the coolrunnings and it was ridiculously difficult... I had to stop the last 5 minute rep about 2 minutes short. Contrary to my mantra, I just couldn't push any more. Not sure if I'm gonna go back to week 3 on Wednesday or just keep PUSHing with Week 4. I'm certain though that next week will NOT be week 5. At least I'm moving my fat arse, right?

I say you keep pushing with week 4.

Good luck! You can do it!
  #72   ^
Old Mon, Jan-30-06, 07:38

BF:

I didn't run this morning but I'm planning to when I get home tonight. I'll be on day 3 of week 1. So far its going well, I just wish I got myself out of bed this morning!

Purvi
  #73   ^
Old Mon, Jan-30-06, 13:45
DRAGON SLAYER

Hi All... completed day 3/week 3 yesterday.. and it was so hard for me for some reason.... I am going to try week 4 either tonight or tomorrow... It sounds pretty difficult, tho, Christina.. but WOOHOO.. you tried it and I am dang proud of you.. and you did really well if ya ask me!!!!!!!

Everyone is doing well....

Oh.. found the running shoes I want to get that fit my foot perfect and I think they'll work... problem is.. they were $135 dollar shoes.. and I just couldn't see myself spening that kind of money.. they were Aasis..... so I am going to go to Big 5 and see if I can find them cheaper.

All for now.. I am home today with my little one.. and she should be up from her short nap soon!!

Love to you all!!
  #74   ^
Old Tue, Jan-31-06, 07:29

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathy44
Hi All... completed day 3/week 3 yesterday.. and it was so hard for me for some reason.... I am going to try week 4 either tonight or tomorrow... It sounds pretty difficult, tho, Christina.. but WOOHOO..

Good job on 3 weeks completed!

I just barely completed week 1 last night. I think I'm going to do it for one more day because I really didn't do it right. I had to stop and stretch a lot because my calves kept hurting. I walked this morning and will finish up week 1 (again) tomorrow.

Keep it up everyone!

Purvi
  #75   ^
Old Tue, Jan-31-06, 12:55

At work, but wanted to pop in and say I completed W1D3 yesterday. Moving on to W2D1 tomorrow. Will, as Christina says, push, push push, my way through.

Christina - so proud of you for getting through W4D1, despite the difficulty.

Neela - super fantastic job completing W1!!

Take care all - I check in regularly to see your progress. I am so glad we're doing this together.

Cath - Let us know how you fared last night!